Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

It's available in full stream HQ on iTunes, that's where it "leaked" ;)

The 20/20 Experience (2 of 2), for me, is the album of the year. It's Justin Timberlake reaching back to his *NSYNC/Justified days, while still doing something different and new. Amnesia is my favorite.

I listened to a few of the tracks from the 20/20 experience and to be honest didn't think too much of them. I mean the production sounds great but other then that the songs don't do much for me.

I hope the new MJ album won't sound like recycled JT material production-wise. I hope Timbaland will respect Michael's unique style and won't kill it off the tracks. I don't want a JT album, I want an MJ album.

I hope the new MJ album won't sound like recycled JT material production-wise. I hope Timbaland will respect Michael's unique style and won't kill it off the tracks. I don't want a JT album, I want an MJ album.

I reckon it shouldn't. The JT album was made in 20 days! I'm sure he's spending a lot more time on the MJ album. And the big difference will be he has MJ tracks to work with, so it's not like creating something from the ground up. He has a blueprint to work to already.

I don't think STTR will be on this album. Hopeing for no previous leaked material. It's a awesome song with a lot of potential but I think we will get newer material. Won't be long now. I have a feeling next week or the week after we will hear some news.

I don't think STTR will be on this album. Hopeing for no previous leaked material. It's a awesome song with a lot of potential but I think we will get newer material. Won't be long now. I have a feeling next week or the week after we will hear some news.

Don't get your hopes up ONLY for unleaked songs.

Whatever happens, it wont be a "real" MJ album anyway. It never could. I'll try to get as much enjoyment as I can out of it. Hopefully they don't make it hard for me to do that.

The 20/20 Experience (2 of 2), for me, is the album of the year. It's Justin Timberlake reaching back to his *NSYNC/Justified days, while still doing something different and new. Amnesia is my favorite.

You said part 1 was the album of the year :bored:

same for me.
part 1 was actually the album of the year for me.
but part2 tops that, imo its better than part1.

I prefer Part 1. Much better and innovative in my opinion than Part 2. I like Gimme What I Don't Know (I Want). And Take Back the Night of course.

I love JT a lot! but this thread isn't about his music. it's about the in progress CD being worked on by Timbaland. It's not confirmed to be released but it's likely. I hope for some kind of announcement after this Trial has ended.

I love JT a lot! but this thread isn't about his music.

Thank you. I think if you guys want to talk about JT all the time you should open thread for it in the proper section of the forum.

Can we talk about Michael again? Justin Timberlake is not the only artist that Timbaland has worked with. Just recently he worked with NE-yo, Beyonce, and Cher.. All very different sounds! We can't judge what he will do with Michaels music, especiallly considering Michael started or even completed songs without him. He will have to build around that..

You said part 1 was the album of the year :bored:

It was, until I finally heard this one :p

But like it's already been said, this isn't a JT thread, it's an MJ/Timbaland thread. Sorry for getting off track!

I would say that Timbaland is perhaps the most versatile producer in the game right now. The new JT albums, Ne-Yo, Beyonce, his own material, all GREAT music. He has a few stinkers now and then, but so does any other producer.

I have no concerns for his work with Michael. I truly feel like he'll do it justice.

I would say that Timbaland is perhaps the most versatile producer in the game right now. The new JT albums, Ne-Yo, Beyonce, his own material, all GREAT music. He has a few stinkers now and then, but so does any other producer.
But the fact that he works with many different (mainstream) acts or the quality of his output does not say anything about his versatility as a producer, of course. I do not find him very versatile at all, quite frankly. He has a very recognizable sound and relies on many of the same devices (especially in recent years) regardless of who he works with. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but it does not make him versatile.

But the fact that he works with many different (mainstream) acts or the quality of his output does not say anything about his versatility as a producer, of course. I do not find him very versatile at all, quite frankly. He has a very recognizable sound and relies on many of the same devices (especially in recent years) regardless of who he works with. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but it does not make him versatile.

Of course it doesn't, but I would say the best example is The 20/20 Experience, even though I keep bringing that one up. That one, in my opinion, sounds nothing like Timbaland's work, especially That Girl and Blue Ocean Floor.

While Timbaland has a sound, he has gotten away from his own sound alot the past few years.. EVERY producer has a feel to them. More so now having a 'Timbaland' sound, most producers are sounding like each other.. They are trying to bring in the European dance feel to mainstreme music in the U.S. that has finally gotten big in the past 5 years.. It's been big in Europe for decades, but people are really falling for it now..You take David Guetta, Paul Oakenfield, some recent Will.i.am.. it's all sounding very simular!! I could name more producers if needed.. They are all fallowing the same fad, Given David Guetta has been doing this style for much longer than the others and is part of the reason why it has gotten big here..I mean hip hop, pop, and R&B are all becoming one genre because of it.. Its all sounding alike, so for me to complain about Timbaland having a sound.. Maybe that's a good thing, what I can say is compared to what is out right now.. His work has been slightly unique in comparison.

While Timbaland has a sound, he has gotten away from his own sound alot the past few years.. EVERY producer has a feel to them. More so now having a 'Timbaland' sound, most producers are sounding like each other.. They are trying to bring in the European dance feel to mainstreme music in the U.S. that has finally gotten big in the past 5 years.. It's been big in Europe for decades, but people are really falling for it now..You take David Guetta, Paul Oakenfield, some recent Will.i.am.. it's all sounding very simular!! I could name more producers if needed.. They are all fallowing the same fad, Given David Guetta has been doing this style for much longer than the others and is part of the reason why it has gotten big here..I mean hip hop, pop, and R&B are all becoming one genre because of it.. Its all sounding alike, so for me to complain about Timbaland having a sound.. Maybe that's a good thing, what I can say is compared to what is out right now.. His work has been slightly unique in comparison.

Either way Tim has a lot on his plate. The first album was rushed,the estate didnt know what they really had. It was a rush for cash to try to payoff debt. They have a good chunk of the material rounded up. Some are still holding out but... This should be in theory the best possible album as far as what's left. Tim has to deliver for us and for MJ. Have some faith it will be great we will all hear it. Cheers!

Either way Tim has a lot on his plate. The first album was rushed,the estate didnt know what they really had. It was a rush for cash to try to payoff debt. They have a good chunk of the material rounded up. Some are still holding out but... This should be in theory the best possible album as far as what's left. Tim has to deliver for us and for MJ. Have some faith it will be great we will all hear it. Cheers!

great post! Exactly right.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

There are valid reasons why the Estate messed up 'Michael' and we could say rushing it was one of them.
They certainly have had a lot of time now to collect up all the MJ material they can get access to and evaluate what needs to be done with it. If this new album is not incredible then nothing will be.

'Michael' was a terrible mistake - a missed opportunity to put MJ back at the top of the charts with good material at a time when the sense of loss was still being felt.
The new album has the disadvantage of following 'Michael' - which was widely panned - and for being released nearly 5 years after his death when the boost brought about by his death has just about worn off.

To be a big success all 'Michael' had to do was create a buzz and include a half decent single, but the controversy swamped it in criticism and doubt. It put off potential buyers.

For the new album to be a big success it really has to stand on its own with great singles that appeal to radio and draw people in. If anybody can do it, Timbaland can IMO.

'Michael' was a terrible mistake - a missed opportunity to put MJ back at the top of the charts with good material at a time when the sense of loss was still being felt.
The new album has the disadvantage of following 'Michael' - which was widely panned - and for being released nearly 5 years after his death when the boost brought about by his death has just about worn off.

For the new album to be a big success it really has to stand on its own with great singles that appeal to radio and draw people in. If anybody can do it, Timbaland can IMO.

the marketing of "michael" was stupid also... a "weak" first single didnt wake any interest and the public barely cared about "hold my hand" imo. it was more an akon song than a michael song. and it was often promoted as an album of his "last" songs. it was a lifeless collection of a bunch of random tracks over the last 30years. they have so many strong songs like STTR or Escape. and why in hell let Tricky Steward butchering the songs (STTR and some other ..). horrible decision, actually everything was a mistake about that album :/

what i expect for the next album and from timbo:
- songs from one ERA (vince!) and maybe after. but nothing before.
- right decision for singles and not butchering them for the single release (like HT and HT video version)
- no useless producers like Tricky, i wanna hear timbaland & michael prince/brad buxer as producers only

the next single must be a banging smash. otherwise its over and nobody will care again :(

the marketing of "michael" was stupid also... a "weak" first single didnt wake any interest and the public barely cared about "hold my hand" imo. it was more an akon song than a michael song. and it was often promoted as an album of his "last" songs. it was a lifeless collection of a bunch of random tracks over the last 30years. they have so many strong songs like STTR or Escape. and why in hell let Tricky Steward butchering the songs (STTR and some other ..). horrible decision, actually everything was a mistake about that album :/

- right decision for singles and not butchering them for the single release (like HT and HT video version)
- no useless producers like Tricky, i wanna hear timbaland & michael prince/brad buxer as producers only

the next single must be a banging smash. otherwise its over and nobody will care again :(

Seriously, I couldn't say it any better.

Marketing, "weak" first single, promoted as an album of his "last" songs, songs from different eras, butchering HT and and HT video version... All these things wouldn't matter if there were no fake songs and the album would sell well and be a success. Those are just some things that we (fans) know and care about. But when people hear some other guy singing on Michael Jackson album instead of Michael Jackson, there is absolutely no chance, and that's exactly what happened. Nothing could have saved that album. They could have invested millions in promotion, make expensive short films, billboards, World Tour Tribute, TV advertisements... still nobody would buy it.

Marketing, "weak" first single, promoted as an album of his "last" songs, songs from different eras, butchering HT and and HT video version... All these things wouldn't matter if there were no fake songs and the album would sell well and be a success. Those are just some things that we (fans) know and care about. But when people hear some other guy singing on Michael Jackson album instead of Michael Jackson, there is absolutely no chance, and that's exactly what happened. Nothing could have saved that album. They could have invested millions in promotion, make expensive short films, billboards, World Tour Tribute, TV advertisements... still nobody would buy it.

hm you think the fake stuff was responsible for the bad sale?
i played those songs to some people and you will laugh, nobody noticed anything. it sounded like mike to them.
most people were like: "oh something new from mj? i thought hes dead?". so nobody actually knew about the new album

Michael did leave behind a note saying that he wanted Hold My Hand released as the debut single from whatever his next album would be, so in that respect they did follow his wishes. I admit it perhaps wasn't the wisest choice for a lead single but it's definitely not the worst choice on the album.

Not taking the Cascio tracks into consideration, I actually enjoyed MICHAEL for the most part. Hey, the new version of (I Like) The Way You Love Me was charming, not to mention Much Too Soon, Best of Joy and Behind the Mask. And I'm still convinced that while Teddy Riley did butcher Hollywood Tonight, the album cut sounds better than the original demo in more ways than one.

What we all focus on is how much MICHAEL flopped and the Cascio tracks. We never remember that it did give us some phenomenal entries into Michael's already phenomenal catalog. At least give it that.

I really liked the first JT album of this year, but this second one is awful, really terrible. Why release 2 albums in one year if the second one is not good at all?

I hope this new MJ album sounds more like 20/20 part 1...

let's wait...

I really liked the first JT album of this year, but this second one is awful, really terrible. Why release 2 albums in one year if the second one is not good at all?

I hope this new MJ album sounds more like 20/20 part 1...

let's wait...

Both albums were recorded in 2012 .. the second one does sound like a rejects collection.

For those worried about Timbaland making MJ sound like JT, this song new http://hiphop-n-more.com/2013/09/agnez-mo-coke-bottle-feat-timbaland-t-i/ is another timbland studio production form this year that is a totally different style. he's pretty adaptable so with the MJ tracks I'm hoping for something innovative like Timbaland can do. Depending on the artist he seems pretty good at switching up styles.

Back