Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

People keep saying that Timbaland has said that his work will be finished this year, but the way I understand the interview (which is from early summer), the interviewer asks him : "How about next year?", meaning "do you have any projects lined up for next year", and Timbaland replies, "No, I haven't done much", meaning "I haven't done much work on the MJ project, so I've got nothing lined up for next year".

That doesn't mean that his work on the MJ project will be finished this year. If anything, it could imply that it won't : he doesn't need to have anything on his plate yet in 2014, since he might still be working on the MJ project by then.

I think you're misquoting the interview. What the interviewer says is
'Is that something for next year?' And timbaland relies
'No ill have it done this year'

This was recorded months ago so the likelihood is he's a fair way along with this project. Especially considering he already had an idea what the single should be

This was recorded months ago so the likelihood is he's a fair way along with this project. Especially considering he already had an idea what the single should be

You're right about what he said but it proves nothing IMO.
All we know is that Timbaland says it should be done this year.
It could have been completed already (because that interview was done in July), but it could be planned for completion in December. We really don't know.

maybe their's a surprise coming after the trial ends? hopefully AEG are found guilty, announcement comes our way and the album is released in December. Would be great but I wouldn't be surprised if the album is released next January! Got to be there was released in January 1972 :) haha just pointing it out lol but I'm not gonna get my hopes up until something official is announced.

Uh, I don't think that's what Timbaland says. He says "No, I haven't done much". Unless we're talking about different interviews?

Uh, I don't think that's what Timbaland says. He says "No, I haven't done much". Unless we're talking about different interviews?

I think he's actually talking about what he did to the songs. "Haven't done much" meaning that he didn't change it in comparison to the original version.

No he clearly says, "I will have it done this year."
I had to re-listen like 10 times before I realized this is what he says. "I'll have it done by this year", but it's hard to hear "by this year", because he kinda ends the words too soon and speaks very low..

Yup, that is definitely what he says.

Is he really that hard to understand? lol! I know he mumbles a bit but jeez haha! He for sure said this year..

Him being done this year does not mean for sure release this year. It's not all up to the producer to pick that so we will see.. I think LA Reid would have a much better picture..

However, apposed to what I say, LA Reid could very possibly gave Timbaland a timeline that he has to work on it.. If they have an idea when they want this released that probably happened. If Timbaland said "this year" and he'll get it done within that time because of what LA Reid expect, theres a chance the project released this year or the top of next..

From what I picked up from the way Tim said "this year" it made it sound like for sure this year, so I think he'd be done sooner than we think.. just reading into the way he answered I'd think he'd be done within a month or so from now. He just made it out like (oh yeah for sure this year - easy)

God..the suspense is killing me..and getting me excited. I'll wait.

shirley-temple.gif

My gif!!!! :p :fear:

well it's Tuesday and still no news. I dunno I'm actually starting to wonder wether or not a new album is coming this year. Surely if it were coming mkgenie would have some information on this yet he doesn't seem to know anything about it. I just feel like we would be getting alot more info regarding this if it was indeed coming out within the next 3 months.

well it's Tuesday and still no news. I dunno I'm actually starting to wonder wether or not a new album is coming this year. Surely if it were coming mkgenie would have some information on this yet he doesn't seem to know anything about it. I just feel like we would be getting alot more info regarding this if it was indeed coming out within the next 3 months.

Not necessarily. Back in September 2010, we knew as much about MICHAEL as we did about this album. Basically, we know when it's due for release (by the end of the year) and who is working on it (Timbaland, Michael Prince and Brad Buxer). Same as last year.

I personally wouldn't recommend saying, "Oh, I hope we get an announcement today!" That just leads up to disappointment. I would say let the estate take their own approach on it.

this may or may not be true but I've heard from somebody that there IS going to be a new album this year and when I asked when we will get more information he replied with "4". So if its true perhaps we will get more information in either 4 days or 4 weeks. take it with a grain of salt..

Last edited:
i personally wouldnt want a new album on 25th june in 2014 or around that time. would be kinda bizarre and i wouldnt feel happy for new songs..
the best time would be around xmas this year, with a new single at least 1 month before the album release.

this may or may not be true but I've heard from somebody that there IS going to be a new album this year and when I asked when we will get more information he replied with "4". So if its true perhaps we will get more information in either 4 days or 4 weeks. take it with a grain of salt..
lol, and how trustful is this person?

It's only been a month!?! since we heard about this, for us not to hear anything more is normal. Us losing hope in the project I think is a bit silly considering its just been a month since we heard about it..

If Timbaland is spending this time working on tracks, why would they announce any more right now? They probably don't have the track list completed, album title in mind, or a specific date set.. at this point it usually is a 'goal date' which they can't really announce, because anything could happen to delay that..

We will hear something when things are set and ready.. As much as I don't want to be we have to be patient!

4 years! :D

shoot could be anything.. 4 hrs, 4 weeks, 4 months, 4 years, Q4, April... or its just crap haha

shoot could be anything.. 4 hrs, 4 weeks, 4 months, 4 years, Q4, April... or its just crap haha

Or 4 October. After trial is over, etc etc.

I'm not saying it's real, but a bit of anticipation is no harm though.

Timbaland has finished the album guys. Now we wait. (shouldn't be long at all.)

Timbaland has finished the album guys. Now we wait. (shouldn't be long at all.)

:ermm: :eek: :wild::clapping: :dancin: :punk:

I REALLY hope you are right!!!!!

Do you have a source or anything or are you just guessing and hoping like the rest of us ??

If he's going on tour with Timberlake/Jay Z, it's pretty safe to say he's done the album.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this, but Will.i.am and Timbaland will be hanging out together next week ..

Global pop star will.i.am and renowned producer Timbaland will headline Dubai Music Week, the region’s first music industry tradeshow and conference, it was announced on Wednesday.
The performance of the Black Eyed Peas' front man and Timbaland, the master-mind producer of Justin Timberlake's 'The 20-20 Experience', will perform on September 26 at Dubai World Trade Centre Arena.

Surely the conversation will turn to MJ at some point.

Also there should be some interviews with Timbaland then aswell so I'm sure we'll hear more from him about where he's at with the project

alot of people continue working on music while on tour.. some people have made a complete album while touring!

I think we will most likely get an announcement a couple of weeks after the trial so probably mid October.

If Timbaland coud do something like this for Michael, it would be amazing!

Back