Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

I would love it if announcement will be in this week, but i think they do this after trial.....

Any one have an idea how long the AEG trial will last ? If only for another month or two, I guess so (especially as they'll be able to ride on the publicity of the verdict) but if it's going to take quite a while longer, they might just ignore the trial and release it anyway.

If they are going to wait for trials to finish or go away they may never release anything. Even if the AEG trial finishes next up it's the the Wade Robson case. On September 27 it will be decided if the creditor's claim of Robson can go ahead. Many people feel it won't but you never know how a judge would decide. And even if he throws out the creditor's claim like he should Robson still will have a lawsuit pending against MJ's 2 companies using the same false allegations for this attempt at money grab. And that could go ahead because there aren't as strong statues of limitations for companies.

Apparently will's tweet is not related to Britney. She released her album today and it has nothing to do with "the future". There's still hope for an MJ track.

The suspense is killing me! I personally would have no problem with Timbaland producing MJ's stuff as long it results in major funky tracks with MJ's vocals standing way out in front! I just want to hear Michaels voice again on something new.

I know Timbaland had a definite sound that doesnt appeal to everyone and Michael was all about appealing to everyone. But so few artists have universal appeal. I think its unrealistic to expect the results of this collaboration to please everyone. Michael would have put his magic touch on it and any human being with a soul would have felt it.

There is going to be some ecstatic fans and angry fans at whatever is ultimately released.
said with L.O.V.E !

Apparently will's tweet is not related to Britney. She released her album today and it has nothing to do with "the future". There's still hope for an MJ track.

It was only a single. The name of the album hasn't even been announced yet.

not to stir the pot but i have to say im looking forward to the timbaland project.....new material or no new material.....i think ill have some new material please

I don't know why I didn't think of this before!!

I think the new album won't be released until June next year to coincide with MJ's death - it will be the 5th anniversary and so I expect some BIG project to be released.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a new edition of 'This Is It' is released with additional footage. It just makes sense...

no one will release anything in day of MJ's passing. thats sounds like most stupid idea. New album for sure in this year. If u still thing like that, u don't get full thing

I love Timbaland and alot of his work specially with Missy but i don't feel right with this

no one will release anything in day of MJ's passing. thats sounds like most stupid idea. New album for sure in this year. If u still thing like that, u don't get full thing

Sorry but I disagree (everybody's entitles to their own opinion)

Some people will attack the estate for capitalising on MJ's death but I see it as being quite sensible actually. They capitalised on his death when they released the TII film and album, and that project was a great success, so why not now?

It would be great for the MJ Estate to organise an anniversary concert or release an anniversary album.

It would be the perfect time to release a new version of the TII movie or to sell a new documentary for TV viewing.

It wouldn't be the first time it's been done and I'm sure it wouldn't be the last.

I have been hoping for something BIG next year for ages and would be absolutely amazed if the MJ Estate aren't planning anything at all.

If Will isn't releasing the alleged complete songs out of (his term of) respect to Michael, and he's waiting for Michael's mother or Michael's kids to ask for them, then he also shouldn't use\release any of those songs on anyone's album (including his own) and totally screw any future release of those songs or their success.

That being said, I don't think this tweet is about Britney. I REALLY hope he came to his senses and the songs are going to be released soon (if they're in a good shape and all)

I kinda doubt Timbo will spent another year on the songs

He doesn't have to.
First, the anniversary is in June, so that's only around 8 months not 12, and the album would need to be finalised before that date, so we're down to only around 7 months left (from now).
Timbo said he would have the MJ tracks done by the end of this year, but we really don't know what the target date was - that could be the submission date and could be 31st December 2013, which would rule out any release this year. the submission date could be so Sony and the MJ Estate can consider the tracks for inclusion in the final album, and there could be some contingency time built in for some additional rework if necessary. That could be a couple of weeks or a couple of months. I'm just guessing but you get my drift.

There could be other producers or artists involved and other schedules to work around.

This just highlights the fact we know very little about the album or the schedule and so should be cautious about our expectations.

If Will isn't releasing the alleged complete songs out of (his term of) respect to Michael, and he's waiting for Michael's mother or Michael's kids to ask for them, then he also shouldn't use\release any of those songs on anyone's album (including his own) and totally screw any future release of those songs or their success.

That being said, I don't think this tweet is about Britney. I REALLY hope he came to his senses and the songs are going to be released soon (if they're in a good shape and all)

I also hope Will hasn't used the MJ tracks on any album (his own included) and that he doesn't in the future.

When he released 'Fly Girl' on his album I wondered whether it was originally meant to be an MJ track. The 'Access Hollywood' (from 2006?) video showed MJ and Will listening to 'Fly Girl', but it could have been Will just showing MJ his new material, rather than the two of them working on something together.

^ I would guess the instrumental was a possible beat for Michael. I mean they used that instramental for the trailer and through the short special which would mean access hollywood got the track specialized for the project. I'd think IF it were just will.i.am playing a track for Michael, it would have just been played in the studio, and access would not use the actual audio for the show..

Am I explaining that right? lol! well I know what I mean.. I could be wrong of course, but...

I would guess will.i.am has used at least ideas from what he did with Michael for songs he released!!

People keep saying that Timbaland has said that his work will be finished this year, but the way I understand the interview (which is from early summer), the interviewer asks him : "How about next year?", meaning "do you have any projects lined up for next year", and Timbaland replies, "No, I haven't done much", meaning "I haven't done much work on the MJ project, so I've got nothing lined up for next year".

That doesn't mean that his work on the MJ project will be finished this year. If anything, it could imply that it won't : he doesn't need to have anything on his plate yet in 2014, since he might still be working on the MJ project by then.

I wouldn't mind if they release it early next year. It will have a chance to go #1 as there's not much competition at that time. The forth quarter is usually very busy with a lot of competition and Xmas releases are selling a ton too, so the chances for the top spot aren't very big. Would be nice to have a #1 album again.

I wouldn't mind if they release it early next year. It will have a chance to go #1 as there's not much competition at that time. The forth quarter is usually very busy with a lot of competition and Xmas releases are selling a ton too, so the chances for the top spot aren't very big. Would be nice to have a #1 album again.

I would guess on a late November early December release this yr. based on leaks of info. Single in October

2014 would mark 5 years since he passed! maybe they are waiting for that.. I personally think (even though I want it NOW) it would be smarter to wait for mid year next year.. Gives people good amount of time to hear music before grammy cut offs, and gives the album a shot of doing something big..

Thanks just me

I agree. I think the Estate should wait until next year to release any projects. They have more important things to deal with right now, in my opinion.

Last edited:
man, if they wait that much longer.... i dont know what to do then lol
i wanna hear something new this year!!

I still think its more likely we will get an album this year. If I was them I would make an announcement by the end of the month, release the first single in October (Slave To The Rythym), the second single (perhaps Chicago) late November then drop the album early-mid December.

I think they will still release STTR (with MJ vocals) but not a a single now, because of the JB fiasco. The surprize element is gone.

I'm still in favor of the album coming out this year.

If they push it off to next year it's not that big of a deal, but I know for a fact that we would all love to hear new Michael Jackson music sooner rather than later.

Releasing an album on his death anniversary? No. Maybe a This Is It reissue but not an album.

I think they will still release STTR (with MJ vocals) but not a a single now, because of the JB fiasco. The surprize element is gone.

mmmm I think they might actually. The Bieber thing did nothing but give attention to an already popular song (within the fanbase anyway) and the surprise element was lost when it was leaked ~3 years ago. If you're worried about the general public knowing about it, I don't really think they know about it. Yeah sure, it's more wider known thanks to Bieber... but known by the 'general public' ? Naaah :p (hell if it wasn't for MJJC, I probably wouldn't have known of the leak). It's a pretty badass song and I think they'll release it as a single, it'd make a great one too :D

Back