Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

MIST;3895490 said:
I don´t like that.It sounds like Michael had absolutely nothing to do with the music,
Is it going to be a Timbalandalbum with Michael´s vocals in it?
Maybe, to some extent, yeah. Which is why I can't get myself hyped up.
I don't think this project is a bad idea, it's just my desire for more unreleased stuff as it is.

I WISH something more if that's actually the case here : the original demo or leftover tracks, I mean, all the things left behind as they are separately from the newly produced tracks. Doesn't matter how complete or "presentable" they are. Hence, the tracklist that reads like this : Chicago (original version) / Chicago (new version). I believe that's the way to do it for posthumous projects. We would have all of MJ and get to see how finished products are put together with the original materials and the flavor. The general public wouldn't really care either way, but it matters to many of us fans, right? I said "wish" because that's not just how majority of albums are put together, that's simply not the norm. But it doesn't take any thinking outside the box to put out both versions? Please don't tell me "Dream on!"

Hence, the tracklist that reads like this : Chicago (original version) / Chicago (new version). I believe that's the way to do it for posthumous projects. We would have all of MJ and get to see how finished products are put together with the original materials and the flavor. The general public wouldn't really care either way, but it matters to many of us fans, right? I said "wish" because that's not just how majority of albums are put together, that's simply not the norm.

So you mean have it like:

CD1:
1. Chicago
2. Chicago (Demo)
3. If You Don't Love Me
4. If You Don't Love Me (Demo)
5. Slave to the Rhythm
6. Slave to the Rhythm (Demo)

etc etc ? I don't think they should do it that way because it'd be really off putting. Timbaland said he was producing the album didn't he ? I can't remember but lets say for argument sake he is. He'd obviously have a similar flow/sound between the songs and jumping back and forth from a modern sound to an older, different sound would ruin this flow and keep throwing off the listener.

A better way, as I and many other users have suggested, would be having a 'deluxe version' where a second disc contains the same tracklist as Disc 1, just the demo versions of them. I don't imagine that'll happen (well at least for the whole CD. We might get a demo or two if we're lucky) but it can't hurt to be optimistic :)

Now it's ENTIRE MJ album?

I didn't know L.A Reid is Epic's chairman. Well, at least this part sounds legit, this time Sony is actually behind it.

Spin magazine is only speculating about it being Timbaland producing the whole album. They have no more information than us.
They could be wrong, just like they're wrong about the 'This Is It' album being the only posthumous album (they forgot about 'Michael') and wrong about it being "mostly live".

Release the album as is and a few monthsnlater release a deluxe version with the demos... Bumps up sales, and gets the original audio out

Release the album as is and a few monthsnlater release a deluxe version with the demos... Bumps up sales, and gets the original audio out

or save them when the collectors label is done or when michael's kids take charge?

Who says that Michael's kids are gonna take charge?

eventually they would have the control over the Estate. It might not mean they would sit down and run the daily operations but they would at least determine who will be running the Estate.

That interview with Timbaland actually took place on or before July 3rd which means its at least two months old (even though its only just been uploaded now). I'm assuming the estate told him to wait until now to release the mj part of the interview which leads me to believe an announcement is just around the corner..

That interview with Timbaland actually took place on or before July 3rd which means its at least two months old (even though its only just been uploaded now). I'm assuming the estate told him to wait until now to release the mj part of the interview which leads me to believe an announcement is just around the corner..

Yeah, I think you're right. They'd be giving the go ahead to start building talk. A few people have tweeted they've heard the stuff so it has to be pretty far along.

With L.A Reid helming the project I'm super confident this is going to be an awesome package.L.A Reid knows his stuff.

As an aside, I was telling a non fan today about Timbaland producing the album. He made the comment that Timbaland is a great choice over all the other flash in the pan producers of today. Timbaland has been producing quality work (outside of current trends) for nearly 2 decades.

I haven't been this excited for an album since before Invincible was released.

What's the source for the interview taken place before July 3rd?

who else hopes 'i am a loser' is included in the tracklist? muahahahaahhahaa ;)

''Timbaland (Timbaland) announced that it is working on a new compilation of the "King of Pop".

20:28, Friday, 30 August 2013

The rapper and music producer Timbaland (Timbaland) revealed some details of his new project, agreed with the pop star Michael Jackson ( Michael Jackson ) shortly before his death.

"Humble" Timbaland in the video, posted on Youtube, described the project as "the joint work of two kings."

What could be better than two of the king, working together? Soon you will hear my music with vocals by Michael Jackson, "- he said.

It should be noted that in the past, the rapper spoke about this "cooperation" with the deceased performers rather negatively.

In particular, he criticized his fellow Drake ( Drake ) and Chris Brown ( Chris Brown ) after they used on their tracks, the voice of the late singer Alia.

Meanwhile, Jackson's new releases continue to come out with a regularity that would be envied by many live performers.

Shortly after the death of the musician in 2009 under the label of Jackson Epic released the album "This is It".

Other materials produced by Jackson and his former record label Motown.''

Source: MTV Russia. Link: http://www.mtv.ru/michael-jackson/news/michael-jackson-new-album-posthumous-timbaland

i translated it for those who Don't speak Russian :)

Last edited:
Strange, the YouTube clip is now removed due to a copyright claim by SME.

weird the video has been taken down by sony. Perhaps they didn't get permission after all..

So no one has the information and it is a "surprise"

so we have three title tracks from the new album then? ''chicago'' '' she was lovin' me'' & ''i am a loser'' all done around the invincible era. seems like the ''one chapter'' tweet from rodney jerkins coming true huh ;)

so we have three title tracks from the new album then? ''chicago'' '' she was lovin' me'' & ''i am a loser'' all done around the invincible era. seems like the ''one chapter'' tweet from rodney jerkins coming true huh ;)

Chicago is the only song "confirmed" on this album.

We do have three titles from the new album: Chicago, A Place with No Name and Blue Gangsta. It was never said that She Was Loving Me or I Am a Loser would make it.

Would be incredibly neat to get a date right now for a snippet release of Chicago, about 15-30 seconds long. Stream it on michaeljackson.com like Breaking News (cringe).

Then along with the snippet, another date for the release of the single/full song.

So, so far i think we can expect the album to look something like this..

Chicago 1945 (confirmed)
Place With No Name (confirmed)
Blue Gangster (confirmed)
Slave To The Rythym (likely)
She Was Lovin' Me (likely)

..if the track listing is anything like that its going to be a-maze-ing!!!

Back to the announcement, I was just thinking Bad 25 was announced in May and not released until September, that's FOUR months after the initial announcement. So if this is anything to go by and they are really are planning on releasing a new album before the end of year you would think an announcement must be coming very soon!

Back