Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

I doubt he just "changed his opinion by seeing the master at work"..Michael had enough of a back catalogue that Timbaland could've seen the master work, while he was still here. And Memefan is right, he's a hypocrite, he completey dismissed Drake and 40 Shebib's production of Aaliyahs voice on new music, which wasnt even bad by any means. And said "I don't think people who didn't know or worked with her, should be working on her music". Uhm hello, he didn't know or work with Michael but he's doing this.

I don't think many of these producers still recognize Michael's greatness. I think they're choosing to work on his music now, simply because they now recognize the cash cow that Michael's name has become since he passed. And of course they want they're piece of the pie.

As far as the music goes, I keep hearing, "well he was great in the past". Thats exactly it. The past..His Aaliyah and Missy productions? Timeless. His JT album which featured Cry Me A River and others and produced a bunch of hit singles? Great. But his last "great" production came in what? 07with Nelly Furtado. Everything since has been rehashed, unoriginal and just not worth the listen. And his work on Jay-Z Magna Carta Holy Grail was abysmal. However, here's hoping that with Michael's vocals, he recaptures some of his prior magic. But I just don't know.

He and Michael talked on the phone about getting together and collaborating. That's enough for me. That shows that 1) Michael KNEW about him and 2) Michael liked his work.

And I will never understand why people say Timbaland was better in the past. To me, that is totally wrong. The only example I need is the new Justin Timberlake material, which perfectly showcases what Timbaland is capable of. And with Magna Carta Holy Grail, I'm not gonna lie when I say that the production was solid, just the material, the music and the lyrics were underwhelming. But come on, everyone has some bad projects. Even Michael had some bad projects. Tim himself said that he was humbled that they offered him the opportunity to work on a Michael Jackson project, and I have faith in him. If he can pull of a Take Back the Night/Suit & Tie/Mirrors/Don't Hold the Wall kinda job on the music, we're going to love it.

I'm not going to say that he will do a good job, because we don't know. But he's a Michael fan, just like we are, and I have faith that he will do his best. So let's just wait and see.

MIST;3895490 said:
I don´t like that.It sounds like Michael had absolutely nothing to do with the music,
Is it going to be a Timbalandalbum with Michael´s vocals in it?

Have you seen the full interview? Timbaland says that the most important thing is that is still sounds Mj!

Timbaland was and is a great producer. One of the best of our times. The success and money made him overuse his golden formulas for production a little too often, but that doesnt mean that his best work isn't still great.

Michael should have worked with him in 1995~1997 already.

I'm really looking forward to what he'll come up with.
After the "Michael" mess of an album, this can only be great.

ps: i doubt he is working on a full album of tracks.
they probably gave him a couple of songs to work on.. so he could see and pick what works best.
If theres a new MJ album, it will feature songs from various producers as always.

Have you seen the full interview? Timbaland says that the most important thing is that is still sounds Mj!

No shit right. I love this site and the intent of it. I appreciate everything Gaz and the gang do. I come here for information in hopes of new music. The constant complaining and over analyzing shit is getting to me. Some people are never happy. MJ is dead he is not making anymore music period. He knew before he died producers would work on his leftover projects and his estate and children would capitalize on it. If you don't like the projects don't by them. Please stop trying to drag everyone else down with your misery and constant bitching. MJ is the greatest ever and Tim is very happy and thankful to put out more MJ music. I know this is a forum to say what u want but come on. We are getting the music the way the estate and Tim finalize it. And for that I am grateful. Make your own thread for the complainers. Mark my words there will be no more complaining once MJ is number one on the charts again. I've said my peace now shoot me!

It'd be a shame if Michael's is completely changed into modern crap beats unfortunately we don't know when it will be ready. I really the estate learned from the MICHAEL fiasco.

I'd personally rather have Timbaland and MJ work together in the mid 2000's than 90's.. In the 90's while he made big hits, alot of those hits were recycled, stolen/"sampled" instrumentals, and he dubbed his voice in everything way too much.

He is becoming more original now.. Plus I think a GOOD producer can make the artists uniqueness out, while in the 90's every song he did was a Timbaland sounding song.. Now there are songs that I'm like "oh really? Timbaland did this, doesn't sound like him but I like" It should not sound like the producer, it should sound like the artist..

For those complaining about modern sounds to MJ music, well Michael would have had modern sounds in his music he would have released. He would not release a finished product and expect it to sell well if he just used old 80's and 90's demos.. In fact usually he is ahead of the time in sound.. For example if he released music in 2009, as it usually happens we'd probably hear techniques used in that with alot of other aritsts now in 2013..

We can't expect an artist that is known for pushing the envelope further, and being what the standard is about by releasing old stuff as is.. The new recorded stuff, I bet you wont be changed much at all.. The changes would be done for the old stuff..

I want to hear the original music too just like everyone else, but I'd be more so asking for Demo versions or original versions as bonus tracks over "not touching" the music.

I dream for radio play for michael!!

Michael was never a sheep. In every album he released since Thriller he was mordern and ahead of the time. Even Invincible doesn't sound like someone else's album. I'm not against modernity, I'm against people being sheep sounding similar to other performer because that kind of music is fashionable and considered current.

If Timbaland is considered to be the best producer right now in the business than Michael would want the best working for him.

I think Michael would've worked with him actually. Akon, Will.I.Am, etc all hot "current" producers/artists. Who knows?

No shit right. I love this site and the intent of it. I appreciate everything Gaz and the gang do. I come here for information in hopes of new music. The constant complaining and over analyzing shit is getting to me. Some people are never happy. MJ is dead he is not making anymore music period. He knew before he died producers would work on his leftover projects and his estate and children would capitalize on it. If you don't like the projects don't by them. Please stop trying to drag everyone else down with your misery and constant bitching. MJ is the greatest ever and Tim is very happy and thankful to put out more MJ music. I know this is a forum to say what u want but come on. We are getting the music the way the estate and Tim finalize it. And for that I am grateful. Make your own thread for the complainers. Mark my words there will be no more complaining once MJ is number one on the charts again. I've said my peace now shoot me!
Grow up.

the chance of one of these song's being number one is high with someone like timbaland on board.. as he said in the interview, he stated that chicago 1945 sounds like the most current song and that it will be the lead single! it does have a lot of potential, as long as it will be promoted properly then it could do extremely well but let's not reach that far just yet of course. i will support this cd, if 20/20 experience from JT is anything to go by then it will be mesmeric.

Chicago MIGHT be lead single. It could be another song, I'd prefer up-tempo in all honesty. Timbaland said it could be, he thinks it should be.

Chicago MIGHT be lead single. It could be another song, I'd prefer up-tempo in all honesty. Timbaland said it could be, he thinks it should be.

he said it sounds most current out of them all, and he also stated that he's leaving michael's original essence on there also! let's not forget l.a reid is on board with him (guy who worked on sttr in 1989 and has been working on the immortal tour recently) so their are some good chances it could be a jack swing kinda album, along with the ''spinning hard drives'' that michael d. prince mentioned last year and also posted sometimes about bruce swedien so all could be working out very well.

Michael should have worked with him in 1995~1997 already

Timbaland didnt become real big untill the late 2000s i dont think i even herad of him in the 90s

It's interesting that the 'promo' vid by timbaland came out now when the actual interview was done in July. And wouldn't he of needed the estates (or sonys) permission to release details about the album (the first single, etc)? Perhaps the estate told him he can release the video but only at this time (a month after the actual interview). If so that could mean an album announcement isn't far away at all..

he said it sounds most current out of them all

I think he just said that the song sounds current, not that its the most current out of them all (or the only current sounding song):)

Finally I notice some excitement here!

I have a gut feeling that the coming album will be surprising BADASS.

All the tweets and posts lately by people who are working on the new record, I LOVE IT!!

Mysterious, typical Jackson style!!

Timbaland didnt become real big untill the late 2000s i dont think i even herad of him in the 90s

I don't know about that... I'm not familiar with his works but I know he did work on Justin Timberlake's Cry Me A River (2002) and that did quite well, so late 2000s seems a bit too late...

I think he just said that the song sounds current, not that its the most current out of them all (or the only current sounding song):)

''because it's the one that sounds most like today'' isn't that an indication to something? it was re recorded in 2001 so maybe Michael put a new twist on it, from the original 1985/6 demo?

this album will be dope for sure.
iam glad that will.i.am. isnt onboard, cause he would turn the songs into electro crap (like britneys "scream & shout").

''because it's the one that sounds most like today'' isn't that an indication to something? it was re recorded in 2001 so maybe Michael put a new twist on it, from the original 1985/6 demo?

Original version is from 1985 - Matt Forger said it was done before Al Capone which is from 1985.
Re-worked version is from 2000 and we don't know if MJ re-recorded the vocals. I hope he did.

We don't know if Chicago 1945 was recorded in 1985. All anyone has ever said is that it was recorded before Al Capone, which could very easily mean 1984 or earlier.

And part of me feels like it was a bad idea for Timbaland to talk about the first single. I'm sure the estate hasn't confirmed anything and it would suck if the first single ended up not being Chicago.

We don't know if Chicago 1945 was recorded in 1985. All anyone has ever said is that it was recorded before Al Capone, which could very easily mean 1984 or earlier.

And part of me feels like it was a bad idea for Timbaland to talk about the first single. I'm sure the estate hasn't confirmed anything and it would suck if the first single ended up not being Chicago.

Tim said that he would like to see it as the lead single, because it sound current.

full interview is still up on youtube folks, anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

he does seem relaxed about it all and i love when he talks about speaking with Mike on the phone :)

I don't know how I feel about this yet. I really don't like the way Timbaland speaks, he makes it seem that it's all about himself. But I think I should wait... If he does a great job on the tracks, then I can ignore his attitude and the thing he said about MJ's music in the past and give him credits where it's due. And I also think this album sounds way more promising than "Michael"... Let's wait :)

Did he produce Justin Timberlake's album and Jay Z?

Yup; he produced all of The 20/20 Experience.

Tim said that he would like to see it as the lead single, because it sound current.

Exactly; he didn't say it was the first single, he said he would like it to be. Speculation quickly begins and the estate may decide to pick a different song for the lead single.

i also have trouble what he actually said @2.00-2:06.
interviewer asks like if its for next year? and timbo says: no he have(nt) done much this year?
help :D

Listened to this over and over with someone earlier and what he says is "I will have it done for this year."

spin magazine

http://www.spin.com/articles/timbaland-michael-jackson-full-album-producing-posthumous/

Entire Timbaland-Produced Michael Jackson Album Coming Soon

L.A Reid-sanctioned project may be led by possible single "Chicago"

Dan Reilly

August 30 2013, 2:50 PM ET

Well, happy 55th birthday Michael Jackson. Yesterday (August 29) we speculated about Timbaland's involvement in producing posthumous tracks left behind by the King of Pop, and late last night, we got our confirmation: Timbo is officially working on a full album of MJ tunes that he'll finish sometime in 2013.

After RevoltTV posted a cryptic 39-second video that showed snippets of a Timbaland interview interspersed with footage of Jackson, the Diddy-owned media company unveiled the full clip confirming the album news.

"I have a lot of unreleased Michael Jackson," Timbo says. "L.A. Reid came to my house, [he's] like 'I got something big I wanna do. Me and you we gotta do something big.' And he said, 'How would you like to do Michael Jackson?' Of course I'll do it. It would complete my legacy."

As for the rumored first single "Chicago," Timbaland says it's not confirmed but he thinks it should be the unnamed album's lead cut because it "sounds like today." Unfortunately, the producer and the pop star never got to meet in person, but they did talk on the phone once. Doing a slight Jackson impersonation, Timbo says that Jackson told him, "I like your stuff. You're good."

Watch the video above to hear more about the project, which will be the first full posthumous LP from Jackson aside from the mostly live This Is It, and find out who Timbaland's last remaining dream collaboration is. Hint: He loves wearing purple.

Back