Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

That timbaland interview looked almost like a promo for. Full interview.. The way it was dices, he must have said a little more than what we heard/saw..

Honestly, I don't think there should be this much trust in the estate or Sony, and we SHOULD be critical. The people who happened to be put in control do not necessarily know what's best. Nor do we fans for that matter necessarily know what's best, but we know what we like. It seems to me like the powers that be could pick up a spoon full of sardines and say "Here you are MJ fans, this is good for you. Open up, here comes the aeroplane..." and we'll just say "Mmm... thank you so much. That was delicious. Shucks, I'm just grateful that you decided to give us anything at all." News flash. The wealth of material MJ left behind is ridiculously lucrative. It will be milked for all it's worth for as long as we're alive and even after we are all gone. If you're planning to buy every release from here on out, you might want to think about building another room onto your house to store it all. The MJ archives are not a half empty bottle of water in the middle of the desert. They dwarf the Elvis archives and you'd have to be very rich to keep up with all of his releases. Demand the best. Keep them on their toes. And if they can't deliver then they should move on and give someone else a chance. They haven't put out a top quality release yet. Overall, even Bad25 was average to mediocre. Yes, I said it. We should voice our opinions as dedicated fans in hopes that it will help them eventually to get it right. And if they can't, I wont be sorry to see the back of them. They are not Michael, and they certainly have not shown themselves to be "experts". This is not only the estate, this is the people at Sony too. Elvis fans had to suffer through a decade or more of crappy releases, but they demanded the best and have since been treated to endless quality releases. That is what I want for us. When I am critical of Sony or the estate it isn't because I'm "negative" or a "hater". It's because MJ was one of the greatest ever and there is a standard that needs to be met. I want the best for him and for us.

One thing about timbaland projects to look forward to.. Timbaland projects get hype, they are marketed well and get out to the masses.. I know that doesn't say anything about quality but for those who are excited or on the dense that should be something to look forward to

And Timbaland is more expensive than Rodney Jerkins for sure, he is the biggest producer right now, he produced 3 #1 albums this year.

That doesn't mean anything. Timbaland could have easily said, "Oh my God, getting to work on a Michael Jackson song is an honor," and would have accepted less money. Don't push that aside because we really don't know.

Also the Estate missed a big chance today. They should have released a single on iTunes or a statement. They will never have a more prosper release of a song than it was today. Failed big time.

Uhm, no. That video of Timbaland was put up before it was supposed to be, which is why it was made private. There was never anything said that they HAD to make the announcement today. Usually announcements on a new album are made on Mondays. Hell, the "You ain't bad, you ain't nothin'!" teaser was on michaeljackson.com for at least four or five days before they even announced Bad 25. They may not even be ready for an announcement yet; cover art, CD singles, promotional materials. They all need to be done first.

Honestly, I don't think there should be this much trust in the estate or Sony, and we SHOULD be critical. The people who happened to be put in control do not necessarily know what's best. Nor do we fans for that matter necessarily know what's best, but we know what we like. It seems to me like the powers that be could pick up a spoon full of sardines and say "Here you are MJ fans, this is good for you. Open up, here comes the aeroplane..." and we'll just say "Mmm... thank you so much. That was delicious. Shucks, I'm just grateful that you decided to give us anything at all." News flash. The wealth of material MJ left behind is ridiculously lucrative. It will be milked for all it's worth for as long as we're alive and even after we are all gone. If you're planning to buy every release from here on out, you might want to think about building another room onto your house to store it all. The MJ archives are not a half empty bottle of water in the middle of the desert. They dwarf the Elvis archives and you'd have to be very rich to keep up with all of his releases. Demand the best. Keep them on their toes. And if they can't deliver then they should move on and give someone else a chance. They haven't put out a top quality release yet. Overall, even Bad25 was average to mediocre. Yes, I said it. We should voice our opinions as dedicated fans in hopes that it will help them eventually to get it right. And if they can't, I wont be sorry to see the back of them. They are not Michael, and they certainly have not shown themselves to be "experts". This is not only the estate, this is the people at Sony too. Elvis fans had to suffer through a decade or more of crappy releases, but they demanded the best and have since been treated to endless quality releases. That is what I want for us. When I am critical of Sony or the estate it isn't because I'm "negative" or a "hater". It's because MJ was one of the greatest ever and there is a standard that needs to be met. I want the best for him and for us.

And you know what's best? Do ANY of us really know what's best? No. Because we all have a different idea of what is for the best and what isn't. Look at Bad 25, which you've pointed out already. Some people find it to be the best release since This Is It, while others find it below average. In reality Bad 25 WAS the best it could be. A more than acceptable assortment of unreleased songs. A great Spike Lee documentary. The best source of the Wembley show they HAD at the time. The reason it's not acceptable in some people's eyes is because they hyped themselves up with their own grandiose ideas of what it could be and were left disappointed when they found out that it was all BUT what they wanted. And that's their own fault, not the estates. With the Michael album, the estate did screw up majorly, yes. But with Bad 25, if you don't like it that's because you expected way too much.

Newsflash: the estate can't risk everything just now. They can't release many Bad demos because they don't want to run out of those for the future. We don't understand that the estate does NOT have all they should. There are people who have legitimately said, "I'm not giving the estate any of the music I have until Michael's kids take over." And then there are others who have said that they won't give them any material ever. If everything was in the vaults, THEN I would agree with you all, but it's not. They're still to this day keeping an eye on the forums, looking for anyone that may have something they don't. They need to cut down on the material they give throughout the Sony contract so that there's enough for MJ's kids.

Maybe what's "best" for Michael is that we give this project a chance. Don't hate it before you know ANYTHING about it. If in the end the entire album isn't good at the very least, I will also lose my faith. But until then, I have confidence.

We should voice our opinions as dedicated fans in hopes that it will help them eventually to get it right. And if they can't, I wont be sorry to see the back of them. They are not Michael, and they certainly have not shown themselves to be "experts". This is not only the estate, this is the people at Sony too. Elvis fans had to suffer through a decade or more of crappy releases, but they demanded the best and have since been treated to endless quality releases. That is what I want for us. When I am critical of Sony or the estate it isn't because I'm "negative" or a "hater". It's because MJ was one of the greatest ever and there is a standard that needs to be met. I want the best for him and for us.

great post, thank you for saying. 100% agreee

Apologies mods.

I'm just excited for the project. Damien Shields said he had an exciting article due for release on his website damienshields.com, so maybe he has news on an announcement?

Well said! This post deserves to be quoted (at least) one more time! ;)

Amazing news just before I decided to go to bed. It seems like they didn't use this day for nothing after all. I'm happy!

Well, he'd be the man if he did a track with a living MJ, but I get the excitement in any case.
Can't wait.

Full interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzJUlQ5dw8A&feature=youtu.be

"After I do Michael Jackson, I will be. the. man." - Timbaland.

-

Timbaland confirmed that the "project" will be released this year.
Did he say "I have done much" or "I haven't done much" when asked if it's released this year?

He came off as very narcissistic, something that doesn't blend with MJ, but oh well.

I'm excited to hear new stuff, that's all. I just hope we won't hear any "wicko wicko Timbaland" in the bg vocals, etc.

the phrase your thinking of is "ficki ficki", not "wicki wicko".

And MJ, not narcissistic? hmm. k.

the phrase your thinking of is "ficki ficki", not "wicki wicko".

And MJ, not narcissistic? hmm. k.
You are saying that MJ talked like that? Did you even watch that interview fully?

Have you even seen MJ interviews and speeches?

And what the hell is even the point of correcting the way I recall some typical Timbo sounds in songs? Jesus, you are one annoying guy.

Did he say "I have done much" or "I haven't done much" when asked if it's released this year?

i also have trouble what he actually said @2.00-2:06.
interviewer asks like if its for next year? and timbo says: no he have(nt) done much this year?
help :D

Why at the end of this video there appear a Prince !? In 2:16-2:17 and 2:24 !

Last edited:
Why at the end of this video there appear a Prince !? In 2:16-2:17 and 2:24 !

Yeah, that's interesting. Though it's probably just a Revolt TV montage or something, not necessarily related to this project. I would find it cool if Prince was on the album, for example playing guitar, but I doubt it.

I'm happy to see the full video but it sounds as though there could be a wait until we finally hear the songs but at least we know Tim will finish his work this year.
I hope Tim words will put some people here a little more at ease. He said you have to be a true MJ fan for what he's doing. Hes adding his spin but trying to stick with the truth. . Good

There's nothing wrong with feeling like the man for working with Michael.. I know I would feel like THE Man if I had the chance to.. And I'd be proud to say it.. Is there some cockyish with how he said some things? Yeah! But at least its the opportunity of working on the KINGS music to make him feel like the man.. Let him be proud and excited!

Timbaland said he'd have it done by this year.. That doesn't totally mean release this year! Fingers crossed though

I like the interview although I don't understand majority of the things he said. He mumbles a lot. If someone could do a transcript that would be amazing.

I like how he said that Chicago sounds like "today", maybe he re-worked Rodney's version from 2000 after all. That would be interesting. Because I don't think that a song from 1985 can sound "today".

Dayummmmmmm.. AWESOME STUFFF!!!! You rock Timbo! Best news on MJ's birthday. :D

Can't wait to hear his stuff. He said, "a lot of Michael Jackson tracks"... Words can't express how I feel right now, EXCITED TO THE MAX!!!!

(Sorry for the Caps Lock)

I hope this makes sense but I think if you are going to work with Michael's music and vision that you better have confidence in your ability. If it comes across like an ego that's okay. As long he respects Michael.

I hope this makes sense but I think if you are going to work with Michael's music and vision that you better have confidence in your ability. If it comes across like an ego that's okay. As long he respects Michael.

I think you are right! The bigger the ego the better .. because it means he is gonna try and prove something here. He wants this to be amazing! Unlike Teddy who bragged about doing those tracks for Michael in just a few days.

Very exciting!!

I think you are right! The bigger the ego the better .. because it means he is gonna try and prove something here. He wants this to be amazing! Unlike Teddy who bragged about doing those tracks for Michael in just a few days.

Very exciting!!

This!

So, do you think he's working on the whole album or just few songs? Which other song, besides Chicago 1945 do you think he's working on? I think he will do the whole album and songs that are on my mind are: Buffalo Bill, Make or Break, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Men in Black, A Place With No Name, Blue Gangsta, Cheater, Get Around, Slave To The Rhythm, Days In Gloucestershire, I Am A Loser, Shut Up And Dance.

You are saying that MJ talked like that? Did you even watch that interview fully?

Have you even seen MJ interviews and speeches?

And what the hell is even the point of correcting the way I recall some typical Timbo sounds in songs? Jesus, you are one annoying guy.

Um, WOW. Ok. Rude.

When I was pointing out what the usual Timbo vocal thing is, I was simply LETTING YOU KNOW WHAT IT WAS. I wasn't going "Hay, dummy, it's not that it's THIS" (as you obviously took it). Apparently, I have to put smilies at the end of every sentence or something so people don't think I'm berating them.

Yes I did watch the Timbaland video. And my point was if there was ever a narcissistic pop star, it was MJ. Not vocally, but he totally was. Not that it's a bad thing.
And I was more so pointing out the thing about Tim's attitude not blending with MJ (because that matters, apparently).

Jebus, calm down.

Back