Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

Why don't we all just accept each others opinions, as long as they are informed

sure but do you call not knowing anything solid about the album, not hearing a single note of the finished songs, not knowing whether untouched demo versions will also be released or not and so on and so on, an informed opinion? The current opinions are based on little vague tidbits and whole a lot of speculation and assumptions. I personally don't see much certain facts, no official information and not really any informed opinion. There's a huge difference between being not satisfied with a released project that you evaluated and being not satisfied with not only an unreleased project but even an unconfirmed one. Think like the difference between saying "I'm not going like Saturdays nights dinner" 4 days before Saturday, not knowing where and what you going to eat and after eating the dinner tonight saying "I don't like this". Huge difference IMO.

We don't know what is going on. A tweet here or a message here. Is it an album or just a song or something else?

Who cares if Timbaland at some point said he didn't think his music was the best after he left Quincy Jones?
That means he's forbidden from doing anything involving MJ?? Ugh.

And who cares if they never worked together in real life? Why would we want Teddy Riley and Darkchild and other past collaborators to be the sole people who get to touch his songs?

MJ fans can be very passionate, but A LOT of times VERY irrational.

tumblr_ldqtmmjvPW1qeg8wco1_400.gif

Ready for Timbo the King to drop whatever awesomeness he's bringing to this project.

Who cares if Timbaland at some point said he didn't think his music was the best after he left Quincy Jones?
That means he's forbidden from doing anything involving MJ?? Ugh.

And who cares if they never worked together in real life? Why would we want Teddy Riley and Darkchild and other past collaborators to be the sole people who get to touch his songs?

MJ fans can be very passionate, but A LOT of times VERY irrational.

Timbaland is entitled to his opinion on Michael's music and he has every right to think that MJs best music was pre-1991, just as we have the right to think the magic never stopped. Even then, it's been 7 years and that's an extremely long time for one to change their opinion. It's also an extremely long time to develop an appreciation for art you did not appreciate before.

I don't really care if a producer worked with Michael or not either. As another user here said, if the producer does an awesome job with the track and sticks close to MJ's vision, I'm satisfied.

Personally, I'm keen to hear these tracks but I'm not going to judge them until I hear them for myself :)

That's true that we really don't know what's going on. But some of you mentioned how the music should sound modern. I personally speak for myself when I say that I don't like the music of today, at all. I don't listen to any of it. So if this music turns out to sound like that, it won't get my money. That's just not my preference and there's a reason I don't listen to it now. Of course, we don't know how this will turn out. I'm a little shaky on it myself but I'm willing to give it a chance before I completely judge it. The people who are against this keep getting called out in this thread for judging the music before hearing it. However, the same can be said about those who support it. Some are already assuming this will be "great" without hearing it. I think it's natural for us to prejudge it based on what we have (or don't have) so far.

Just because I'm not getting this album doesn't mean my opinion should be silenced, I thought my points were very valid, its more than just "whining". Why would you be against an honest discussion?

Because it's tiring coming into every thread that might contain some exciting news, just to read the same people over and over again ragging on everything. If you're not interested in a release that Timbaland is involved with then just ignore it and go and enjoy something you are interested in. People are so negative these days.

It's happening so what is dissing the whole thing before you've heard a note achieve?

But some of you mentioned how the music should sound modern. I personally speak for myself when I say that I don't like the music of today, at all. I don't listen to any of it. So if this music turns out to sound like that, it won't get my money.

Fair enough, we all have our own tastes :D Surely you'd give it a chance though ?

Fair enough, we all have our own tastes :D Surely you'd give it a chance though ?
Certainly. I did say I'm willing to give it a chance before judging it. I've been trying to stay open minded about this whole thing since the information we've gotten so far has been very little.

It's not like I'm saying people have to LOVE Timbaland or anything, but people are now just TRYING to find a reason to hate something.
Reaching really far with this one.

Then we should wait and see what happens and then decide how we feel either way. That's all we really can do.

^ Some aren't willing to do that though. They need SOMETHING to hate on.

New Michael Jackson music to be produced by Timbaland

Producer reveals he is currently working on Jackson project, with single called Chicago in the works

• Guardian music theguardian.com, <time itemprop="datePublished" pubdate="" datetime="2013-08-28T10:56EDT">Wednesday 28 August 2013 10.56 EDT

</time>
<iframe width="460" height="283" id="ytplayer-76VC2Dsy1SU" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/76VC2Dsy1SU?enablejsapi=1&version=3" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Timbaland has hinted that he is currently working on music by Michael Jackson, with a first single release to be called Chicago. In a heavily edited 39-second video clip, the producer revealed that LA Reid had visited him to discuss the project, which he described as "two kings working together". When it eventually emerges, the result will be "my music with his voice on it", Timbaland said.

Timbaland has previously been critical of the reanimation of dead artists by contemporary musicians. When Drake and Chris Brown recorded songs featuring his late protege Aaliyah, the producer said: "Chris Brown got a record, it won't work. Drake can go do a record with Aaliyah, it ain't gonna work &#8230; Aaliyah music only work with its soulmate, which is me."

Jackson's record label, Epic, has kept up a steady flow of Jackson releases since his death in 2009. The most notable has been This is It, which featured six previously unreleased recordings. There has also been an anniversary reissue of Bad, as well as the remix album Immortal and a live DVD. Motown, too, has released several posthumous compilations of material Jackson recorded while signed to the legendary soul label, as well as four "remix suites".

However, an album of all-new material, produced by Timbaland &#8211; if that is what he has been working on &#8211; would be the most significant release from the Jackson camp since the singer died.

Source http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/aug/28/michael-jackson-timbaland-new-songs

ROLLING STONE MUSIC

Timbaland Teases Mysterious Michael Jackson Project

Producer says it features his music and the late singer's vocals

By Ryan Reed August 28, 2013 4:45 PM ET

<!-- -->
<!-- .image-holder --> <!--
--> Timbaland performs onstage in London.
Ian Gavan/Getty Images for Gucci

As a trend-setting producer, Timbaland has worked with some of the most influential artists on the planet &#8211; this year alone, he's made beats for Jay Z, Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke. And it looks like he'll soon add the King of Pop to his production resume.

In a new video interview with Revolt TV, Timbaland teased an upcoming project that blends his music with vocal performances from the late Michael Jackson. The project, which the producer describes as "two kings working together," was apparently initiated by Epic Records CEO L.A. Reid.

Though details remain unclear, Timbaland did mention a track named "Chicago." ...

<iframe width="611" height="343" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sk1fhSuWBhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ichael-jackson-project-20130828#ixzz2dKfUsg5j

We need to face facts that Michael is not here any more to dictate how he wants things done.

Michael was always mostly about the melody and his producers often shaped the music around it.

Besides, this is Timbaland we are talking about. He has the magic touch. This collaboration is a dream come true for many music lovers.

Including me. Best decision made by the Estate, since THIS IS IT.

Because it's tiring coming into every thread that might contain some exciting news, just to read the same people over and over again ragging on everything. If you're not interested in a release that Timbaland is involved with then just ignore it and go and enjoy something you are interested in. People are so negative these days.

It's happening so what is dissing the whole thing before you've heard a note achieve?

Best post ever.

"Let's all be excited and praise everything because I can't handle a different perspective or anything that could be conceived as negative. Anybody who doesn't think like me is a hater."

Gotta love this place sometimes.

As I said, I may like what Timbaland does with the tracks, or I may not. It's beside my point. I already wrote it all down in a long ass post, so read it again and if you still can't comprehend the point and just want to call everyone a "hater" then I can't help you any further.

"Let's all be negative about the estate and their decision to choose Timbaland even though we haven't heard one iota of music from him."

Offering a different perspective is totally fine; people who are skeptical bring a diverse discussion. Giving a negative opinion on Timbaland and his music and showing mixed feelings over this is understandable. But I've seen people say, "Oh, I HATE the estate for this!" and "They're idiots, how can they do something like this?" And as I've said, this is before ANY music has even been heard. This negativity isn't for THIS project; it's ongoing anger over Michael.

And of course I'm not directing this at you, WildStyle, or anyone in particular. But why can't we just all say "I love Timbaland" or "I hate Timbaland," keep the estate out of it and just cross our fingers?

My fingers have been crossed for a loooong time. It doesn't seem to be helping though lol.

We fans have had very mediocre releases so far and I understand the fear and reactions by all of us, seemed like there was a certain pattern, which is about to stop now.

Getting Timbaland on board is the best decision even. The man stands for cutting edge and state of the art productions. Yes he loves samples, but he can use and play with them LIKE NO OTHER.

Last edited:
My fingers have been crossed for a loooong time. It doesn't seem to be helping though lol.

Well, I think that you will be very thankful for crossing your fingers. Your prayers might have been heard!

Last edited:
Getting all nostalgic. Listen to any of those Missy Elliott albums. Particularly DA REAL WORLD.
FLAWLESS ALBUM. The production. The songs. Amazing work.

da%2Breal%2Bworld.jpg

Also, these 2 Timbaland albums have excellent tracks, too

timbomagoo1.jpg

timbaland-tims-bio.jpg

Timbaland is a decent producer, I particularly liked his work in the late 90s with Missy and Aaliyah.

I don't object to the right producer updating the music. Just don't **** with the vocals. No fake duets please (Bieber or otherwise).

sure but do you call not knowing anything solid about the album, not hearing a single note of the finished songs, not knowing whether untouched demo versions will also be released or not and so on and so on, an informed opinion? The current opinions are based on little vague tidbits and whole a lot of speculation and assumptions. I personally don't see much certain facts, no official information and not really any informed opinion. There's a huge difference between being not satisfied with a released project that you evaluated and being not satisfied with not only an unreleased project but even an unconfirmed one. Think like the difference between saying "I'm not going like Saturdays nights dinner" 4 days before Saturday, not knowing where and what you going to eat and after eating the dinner tonight saying "I don't like this". Huge difference IMO.

I know where I'm eating though. At Timbaland's Grille where a frozen steak is served up every night. I don't like frozen steak. Forgive me for not being overly enthused.

It's starting to annoy me a bit that certain members are posting endlessly about how wonderful all of this is (Atlas and Whizzle, I'm looking in your direction) and anyone posting any cautionary notes or worry about this union are being labelled as haters, or - laughably - as 'trying' to find reasons not to be on the 100% pro bandwagon.

I don't rate Timbaland's work at all. I don't think a gimmicky producer like that is right for the music of Michael Jackson. His emphasis on it being 'his' (Timbaland's) music leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. That said, provided this next release has nothing but Michael Jackson's voice on it, I'll support it. And I'm more than happy to be proved wrong and I hope Timbaland really gives us something worthwhile.

And of course I'm not directing this at you, WildStyle, or anyone in particular. But why can't we just all say "I love Timbaland" or "I hate Timbaland," keep the estate out of it and just cross our fingers?

I respect your opinion but I don't agree with you at all.

I love Timbaland. I love The 20/20 Experience. But I do hate the Estate for allowing this to happen again. Why not Rodney Jerkins? Why not pay will.i.am and RedOne huge amount of money for their songs? Neff-U? I hope he is on board for this project. I hope Teddy Riley do Joy for this album. 2 songs from Dr. Freeze..

I'm all for updating the sound, but not like this. And releasing a bonus cd with the original versions is something that has to be done. Just for the fans. They don't need producers for that, no expences, just put the songs on one cd, that's all. Great release - so easy. But apparently it's too hard for them.

Back