Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

So is this legit? Will the full interview be planned and is the Estate involved? aarrgghhh never easy is it..

there is a much more important question: is there anything we can do in order to prevent the Estate from being involved?

This is a good example of how wonderful Michael sounds with Timberland's beats :) SO EXCITED. Hope it gets released tomorrow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP0DMf9tw8w

Come on fans, let's be positive and get behind this project!
I'm not gonna lie either, this sounds like CRAP. MJ's vocals do NOT fit the beats IMO.
Same with this, it doesn't work at ALL. And I love both The Way I Are and SC.

The BOTDF one was meh but SC was crap. But these will be made by Timbo for the songs. Different completely.

How likely (or unlikely) would it be for an announcement or song to be released tommoro? Is it usual for an album announcement or first single to be released months before the album is released? I mean 'Michael' was only announced about 5 weeks before it was released.

well, i hope the single gets much earlier released. take a look at JTs singles / album of this year. singles got released 1-2months b4 the album release. also other artists like cher, GaGa, katy perry, chris brown released their singles already b4 the album release for this year.
and according to the sources we have, it is said, that timbo did the final touches in june. 2 weeks ago, timbos dj mentioned how great the tracks sound which timbaland HAS done (sounds finished for me).

i rly hope for a single release soon.

How likely (or unlikely) would it be for an announcement or song to be released tommoro? Is it usual for an album announcement or first single to be released months before the album is released? I mean 'Michael' was only announced about 5 weeks before it was released.

It can be possible to prevent piracy.

I would be gutted if it is just MJ's vocals over Timberlands beats, Michael always produced/arranged the tracks, of course he had producers but the overall melody was his vision, hope we still have that element.

I would be gutted if it is just MJ's vocals over Timberlands beats, Michael always produced/arranged the tracks, of course he had producers but the overall melody was his vision, hope we still have that element.
We need to face facts that Michael is not here any more to dictate how he wants things done.

Michael was always mostly about the melody and his producers often shaped the music around it.

Someone should reach out to Steve porcaro to see if they 'Chicago' song is 'Chicago 1945'... He would have had to be contacted if that's the case!

Michael was always mostly about the melody and his producers often shaped the music around it.
Not true at all. Michael was involved in every aspect of the creation of his songs. He was not just the supplier of some vocals and a melody.

It's really depressing to see Michael's artistry being downgraded by someone on a Michael Jackson fan forum. Reading a fan say that Michael's music isn't timeless and that he needs Timbaland was bad enough, now Michael is being made out as a singer who had little involvement in the creation of his songs. That is complete :censored: in my opinion as Michael's best work resulted from him working on a song by himself with no one else's involvement. (For example, Morphine is a masterpiece).

Anyway, before anyone replies to tell me they're just expressing their opinion - I understand. This is just me expressing mine.

Someone should reach out to Steve porcaro to see if they 'Chicago' song is 'Chicago 1945'... He would have had to be contacted if that's the case!

I think it's safe to say it is. It'll most probably be from the re-worked Darkchild sessions since Fre Jerkins has already stated that most of the songs they did with MJ will be appearing on a new 'project' which is obviously this. It's good that LA Reid is putting this together .. it means he's overseeing this and it shouldn't be a total mess like the 'Michael' album. LA knows how to put a project together.

For fun it's interesting to see what tracks were re-worked with Rodney, and most likely then will be on this new album

• Cheater - Reworked Version (2000)
    Original 1987 songwriter/composer:
    Michael Jackson

Note: Greg Phillinganes' original work on the song was likely dismissed
    2000 reworking songwriters/composers:
    Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III

Michael Jackson featuring rap by Fats
    Reworked version of the original song
    Outtake of the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

Source: Darkchild record index
    See also: --> Cheater (1987)

• Chicago 1945 - Reworked Version (2000)
    Original 1987 songwriters/composers:
    Michael Jackson, Steve Porcaro
    ?2000 reworking songwriters/composers:
    Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, Norman Gregg
Michael Jackson

See also: --> Chicago 1945 (1987)

• Get Around - Reworked Version (2000)
    Original 1987 songwriter/composer:
    Michael Jackson

2000 reworking songwriters/composers:
    Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Ameen Daniels

Michael Jackson

See also: --> Get Around (1987)

• Kick It (2000) (Michael Jackson, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins,
    Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Ameen Daniels, Norman Gregg)
    Michael Jackson

• Maybe We Can Do It (2000) (Michael Jackson, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Sean "P. Diddy" Combs)
    Michael Jackson featuring rap by P. Diddy

Source: P. Diddy in an interview in 2001

• Pressure (2000)
    (Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III,
    LaShawn Ameen Daniels, Harvey Jay Mason)
    Michael Jackson
    Outtake of the album INVINCIBLE (2001), but could be reworked in early
    2003 for a forthcoming album in 2004 which was ultimately canceled
    due to rising child molestation accussations and arrest in November 2003.

• Sources:
    • ASCAP (Title code: 460485172)
    • BMI registration database entry in 2003
    • Darkchild record index

/\ czechstar is right.. Producers did worked around mjs vision.. That's why even when producers would bring him music that mj never heard, he'd have the work them, re work them, and simply say no if he didn't like it,..

I don't think czchstar is saying mj made all the melodies, but the ones he didn't you better believe he worked them...

Neyo, AKON, and will.I.am are perfect example of that, they all mentioned how Michael would say "it needs a little this, and less of this" etc.. He drove the sound

I would recommend anyone who thinks that MJ brought just a lead melody and vocals to the table to watch/listen to the Mexico Deposition. They play the original cassette tape of him writing/working on The Girl Is Mine. Sadly, this court deposition is probably the best insight we ever got into the way MJ worked.

The Girl Is Mine part starts around 10.50.

PDiddy

tweeted this:

Diddy ?@iamdiddy "My bro @Timbaland got something incredible coming with the KING!!! http://bit.ly/19LiOaB #RIPMJ"

tumblr_ltqud5mO5k1qchnh6o1_500.gif

tumblr_lc9ge9dK1R1qzado8o1_500.gif

Michael himself states he wanted his song reworked with a more modern sound
to stay current /relevant for the dances and beats of the day.

I hope people keep this in mind and get excited about this. As some people have stated before, this is the last real chance to release a MJ album that sounds current and excites radio enough to get played.

Radio stations aren't going to play demos no matter how much people want them to. And MJ was ALL about his music reaching the biggest audience in the biggest ways. So I think it's awesome that LA Reid, Timbaland, The Jerkins bros etc are involved in this. We might get the original demos in some form one day, but why not also get excited for something BIG!

I can't wait. This album is gonna be crazy!

I don't want Michael's artistical integrity hurt by this though. I am not that desperate for a number one record.

*can we get an announcement, new snippet of a song/single release now please!?*

Didn't Michael write things down about the vision for his songs and tape recorded sounds for the song? He had the ability to make sounds of different instruments. Michael was involved in everything. In This is It I remember Michael Beardon saying Michael knew all the beats and everything. You couldn't fool him. I also think that Michael was always willing to listen to others about ideas for his songs and then work together with them to get exactly what he wanted.

Michael was always willing to listen to others about ideas for his songs and then work together with them to get exactly what he wanted.

Exactly!!! I do not believe the end result will be the height of Michael. He is not here to work with these people and give the final say and do things his way. It is understandable that most are not so excited. :fear:

I hope people keep this in mind and get excited about this. As some people have stated before, this is the last real chance to release a MJ album that sounds current and excites radio enough to get played.

Radio stations aren't going to play demos no matter how much people want them to. And MJ was ALL about his music reaching the biggest audience in the biggest ways. So I think it's awesome that LA Reid, Timbaland, The Jerkins bros etc are involved in this. We might get the original demos in some form one day, but why not also get excited for something BIG!

I can't wait. This album is gonna be crazy!

This album will never compete with top radio artists. Trying to redo Michael Jackson music to be like modern music for radio airplay is one of the worst things I've ever heard. It didn't work with the Michael album, it didn't work with Bad 25, and it's not going to work with this. They are destroying magic so it can have a chance to be played on the radio, but it's not even going to do that. I never heard any of the songs from "Michael" on the radio and never heard the Bad 25 remixes on radio.

I am so saddened by the Estate's continued campaign to destroy Michael Jackson's own music at an attempt to appeal to people who won't want to buy this anyways. Think of how much magic is on the demos of Bad 25 vs the songs on "Michael". I can not support the Estate ruining these amazing demos.

Michael was always about great art and said great art never died, what does die is modern music trends, Michael wouldn't be about reworking paintings or statues to look modern, he would not be happy with this at all.

This album will never compete with top radio artists. Trying to redo Michael Jackson music to be like modern music for radio airplay is one of the worst things I've ever heard. It didn't work with the Michael album, it didn't work with Bad 25, and it's not going to work with this. They are destroying magic so it can have a chance to be played on the radio, but it's not even going to do that. I never heard any of the songs from "Michael" on the radio and never heard the Bad 25 remixes on radio.

I am so saddened by the Estate's continued campaign to destroy Michael Jackson's own music at an attempt to appeal to people who won't want to buy this anyways. Think of how much magic is on the demos of Bad 25 vs the songs on "Michael". I can not support the Estate ruining these amazing demos.

Michael was always about great art and said great art never died, what does die is modern music trends, Michael wouldn't be about reworking paintings or statues to look modern, he would not be happy with this at all.

Don't buy it then. All I see on this forum is whinging and moaning about 'MJ wouldn't want this' etc. People seem to forget that when MJ was alive this forum was filled with people moaning about everything HE CHOSE to do aswell. MJ fans just seem to spend all their time up in arms about everything. Why can't people just get exctied abotu something for a change.

I really wish there could be one thread on this forum that wasn't 90% people thinking they know best about what should be done with every tiny thing.

Can we have two threads? One for peopel who are unhappy abnout everything and one for peopel who want to discuss the exciting new album project?

Don't buy it then. All I see on this forum is whinging and moaning about 'MJ wouldn't want this' etc. People seem to forget that when MJ was alive this forum was filled with people moaning about everything HE CHOSE to do aswell. MJ fans just seem to spend all their time up in arms about everything. Why can't people just get exctied abotu something for a change.

I really wish there could be one thread on this forum that wasn't 90% people thinking they know best about what should be done with every tiny thing.

Can we have two threads? One for peopel who are unhappy abnout everything and one for peopel who want to discuss the exciting new album project?

t7iucjjpg.gif

The point is: Michael is not here.... and WHAT these people will do with his songs. If he were here the situation would be different. Everything would be completely different and this discussion would not be happening. -_-

Why should people force themselves to be excited about something they are completely against? Why don't we all just accept each others opinions, as long as they are informed and rational?

When people hear a new club-generic song on the radio and it turns out to be MJ, it'll more than likely say "recorded before his death in 2009" like the recent STTR was so people think "oh, that must've been what he was working on..what a shame he was going crap" So therefore, a real gem of a song could be ruined in that sense and people would disregard Michael's recent work.

Just because I'm not getting this album doesn't mean my opinion should be silenced, I thought my points were very valid, its more than just "whining". Why would you be against an honest discussion?

^^ It's pretty sad that you're not getting this album before you've even heard a single song from it, but oh well.

Back