Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

Why at the end of this video there appear a Prince !? In 2:16-2:17 and 2:24 !

Because right before he said that, he said the other person he feels would complete his legacy is Prince *smash cut to quick shots of Prince for dramatic effect*.

Um, WOW. Ok. Rude.

When I was pointing out what the usual Timbo vocal thing is, I was simply LETTING YOU KNOW WHAT IT WAS. I wasn't going "Hay, dummy, it's not that it's THIS" (as you obviously took it). Apparently, I have to put smilies at the end of every sentence or something so people don't think I'm berating them.

Yes I did watch the Timbaland video. And my point was if there was ever a narcissistic pop star, it was MJ. Not vocally, but he totally was. Not that it's a bad thing.
And I was more so pointing out the thing about Tim's attitude not blending with MJ (because that matters, apparently).

Jebus, calm down.

So you think Michael Jackson thought he literally was the greatest? He thought he was the cream of the crop? If so, why want every single record to sell that 100m goal if he's already done it all? He may have played up to the hype, at times (HIStory was HUGE, but it really needed to be) but I don't think he thought he'd done it all/was the best of the best.

I have faith in Timbaland or making a cohesive MJ album. Who cares about his ego. If it drives him to make good tracks, so be it. :)
But as a heads up here's some information.

Im pretty sure Days in Gloucestershire will NOT be on the album. Ive heard it can be for reasons I don't think I can mention here.
I've heard its pretty incomplete from multiple people. Apparently, all it is it the same chorus over and over, and mumbled vocals. Its not finished. Imagine a Shut up and Dance, just less complete.

I Am A Loser, I wouldn't get your hopes up on this track. Its not all that its cracked up to be
Its a good track for a raw demo, and other artist, but its sub-par MJ material. but other than that there are:

37 TIMES

He repeats the phrase "I am a Loser" like I said earlier. Boring and repetitive. Sure its only my opinion, but a few other have suggested the same thing and I agree. The only redeeming factor is the adlibs at the end while hes saying "I am a loser"
The song is like a poem. Some parts I feel don't make sense, others do. That's the nature of a incomplete demo.

Hopefully, I Was A Loser, I am a Loser's 2008 counterpart is better. But nobody I know, knows for sure. Its complete enough to appear on the next album. The instrumentation is nice, but I feel it needs an "update". The beats are refined like Stranger in Moscow. The melody, is great. Ive found myself humming and whistling it. :)

People of The World,
Like Days in Gloucestershire, is incomplete, mainly comprising of choruses and mumbled vocals. However, I believe POTW was written in mind for J-Friends. So all Michael had to do was get down the melody and someone else translated/wrote Japanese lyrics. I doubt this will appear on the next album.

id hope that we get past invincible songs from like 2004-2009.
but it seems the next album will contain mainly vince outtakes.

timbaland is the best man for that release, iam sure it will be smasher album.
hoping that it will come this year and the single very soon!

I Am A Loser is a beautiful song and the "repeats" you mention are simply part of the song, it's not 'meant' to be repetitive, see it as background vocals. If you think that's boring than you must also dislike SIM. I've also heard a few things about people who give their opinion about this song even though they actually haven't heard it in full or they heard a small part of it.

The song definitely is what it is. You get what you hear (snippets) and it's perfect for release (not even mentioning I Was The Loser). It's --> Far

I'll be happy if the album has the original versions. No matter how much some of you like Timbaland, it won't be Michael's vision because he has no saying how he'd want his music anymore. I'm interested in his vision mainly.
Base on current songs Tim has produced, he did it better in the 90's IMO, I hope he doesn't dare to alter his beautiful voice with auto tune. *crossed fingers*

I don't think Timbaland is really an auto-tune guy.
Not to be confused with vocal effects (reverb, lo-fo, etc).
But I suppose that's more so the artist wanting to do that.

People be talking as if they have the full version of 'I am a loser' being so specific. Care 2 share?

Can't wait!

This video got me all exited!! - I think we will get the album this year!

Um, WOW. Ok. Rude.

When I was pointing out what the usual Timbo vocal thing is, I was simply LETTING YOU KNOW WHAT IT WAS. I wasn't going "Hay, dummy, it's not that it's THIS" (as you obviously took it). Apparently, I have to put smilies at the end of every sentence or something so people don't think I'm berating them.

Yes I did watch the Timbaland video. And my point was if there was ever a narcissistic pop star, it was MJ. Not vocally, but he totally was. Not that it's a bad thing.
And I was more so pointing out the thing about Tim's attitude not blending with MJ (because that matters, apparently).

Jebus, calm down.
It's not your first post I have seen around here where it's hard to see if you are serious or being sarcastic. Try working on that instead.

Maybe I should have used another word than narcissistic even though that's what he is and came off like. But don't try to tell us that MJ was like this. He was it in a whole other way.

Let's see if his attitude helps making the songs better..

Last edited:
I see that people here tend to see Timbaland as a narcissistic person. I'd rather see him as someone who is sure on himself and knows what to do. We already got the confirmation that the song sounds pretty `current`, so there shouldn't be any problem regarding this anymore. Personally, I think he's just tweaking the song. It is in good hands. At least this is what I hope.

Anywyay, if we compare his little interview with the article posted by Damien regarding "She Was Loving Me", we can see that this "narcissism" is more proeminent on Cory Rooney's attitude, making it seem that his song is one of the greatest and putting in a bad light some of the other producers (Rodney Jerkins) - AGAIN, this is my take on this, taking into account Timbaland's interview and Rooney's interview-.

Here are a few quotes from Rooney's interview:

“Anyone who has heard that song says it’s one of the best songs they’re heard from Michael in the last ten years of his career,” says Rooney – and they’re right. It’s the King of Pop rocking out at his best.

Rooney strongly believed that Jerkins was the man who could deliver the type of track that Jackson was striving for. However, following their first meeting regarding a possible collaboration, Jackson was not convinced.“It’s not that he isn’t talented – he is very talented”, Jackson said of Jerkins, tells Rooney. “But his work sounds like everything else that’s out right now. I need a new ‘Michael Jackson’ sound. I don’t want to sound like Brandy and Monica. I want to take people somewhere they’ve never been sonically.”

Yes, this might have something to do with someone's ego, as working with the King Of Pop is an amazing experience, but my take on most of the producers is that they are not interested in Michael's legacy, but on their own goals. If they mix the song the way it should be done, I don't care what they seek.

Last edited:
Also: "Imagine Shut Up And Dance, just less complete"

Have we heard Shut Up And Dance?
Have we heard different version of I Am../I was the Loser?

To me the complete post of billYjeanplxiv seems a little more than strange..

I know that it isn't publicly but i'm guessing some people have it if they know MJ says "I am a loser" 37 times

There are songs that circulate amongst traders for years without being made available to everyone.
It's not in the interest of a trader to make his/her rare songs public.
From what has been said in this thread my guess is the songs mentioned have been circulated amongst traders.

I'll hold out on my opinion of I Am a Loser until it leaks. There's no way it can be as repetitive as Beautiful Girl, which repeats the same chorus/verse/pre-chorus throughout four minutes. And that song is easily one of my favorites in Michael's catalog. I've heard good things from other people however.

A Place With No Name sounds finished to me. It really does sound like he gave a killer vocal for it. That's the only one I've heard that I think could be released on this sort of album.

A Place With No Name sounds finished to me. It really does sound like he gave a killer vocal for it. That's the only one I've heard that I think could be released on this sort of album.

I would say this album is done. Just finishing up for advertising I would guess. For Tim to be publicly talking about it shouldn't be long until we get a single.

I would say this album is done. Just finishing up for advertising I would guess. For Tim to be publicly talking about it shouldn't be long until we get a single.

Especially considering that the interview was shot back in July and that the Michael portion is just surfacing now. I imagine some sort of announcement next month with the album in late October/early November.

Many people have "turned" from their brainwashed opinion about MJ once they saw the master at work/or in this case the work he left in all it's brilliance. So maybe he has changed his opinion?
I also want to have the original versions on a second disc. Looking forward to a new album! I hope it will be good artistically and also be successfull commercially. IMO, it's basically the last chance of the estate to release something (really) chart relevant. Just stay true to Michaels vision.

I doubt he just "changed his opinion by seeing the master at work"..Michael had enough of a back catalogue that Timbaland could've seen the master work, while he was still here. And Memefan is right, he's a hypocrite, he completey dismissed Drake and 40 Shebib's production of Aaliyahs voice on new music, which wasnt even bad by any means. And said "I don't think people who didn't know or worked with her, should be working on her music". Uhm hello, he didn't know or work with Michael but he's doing this.

I don't think many of these producers still recognize Michael's greatness. I think they're choosing to work on his music now, simply because they now recognize the cash cow that Michael's name has become since he passed. And of course they want they're piece of the pie.

As far as the music goes, I keep hearing, "well he was great in the past". Thats exactly it. The past..His Aaliyah and Missy productions? Timeless. His JT album which featured Cry Me A River and others and produced a bunch of hit singles? Great. But his last "great" production came in what? 07with Nelly Furtado. Everything since has been rehashed, unoriginal and just not worth the listen. And his work on Jay-Z Magna Carta Holy Grail was abysmal. However, here's hoping that with Michael's vocals, he recaptures some of his prior magic. But I just don't know.

I'd really like the next mj project to have the chance to be eligible for the Grammy awards.. It doesn't sound like it will happen but we will see.

Really excited for this!!! But do you guy's think Timbaland is producing an album or just a few songs? (remember rodney jerkins on twitter saying it is a shame to have many producers on 1 album)! And it's not set in stone that 'chicago' will be the first single! Timbaland says he thinks it should be the first, big difference! How much does he have to say? Maybe he is just a piece in the project....

What does I am a Loser and Beautiful Girl have anything to do with Timbaland working on MJ tracks? Am I missing something.

It's obvious that both I Am A Loser (As of what we heard) and Beautiful Girl were not completed. In fact Michael planned to finish Beautiful Girl which that alone would let us know it was not finished..

Michael always did songs in layers, both instrumentally and vocally. First would beat box one layer of music, than do the other ontop of that.. would often create the "hook" and one verse first.. So for us to hear a demo and that's all it is, that's normal.

The only reason why Beautiful Girl was placed on Ultimate Collection is because Michael was just trying to fulfill his Sony obligations so he could leave.. At least at the time that was the plan! There is no way he put that on the collection because he thought it would be a hit..

I doubt he just "changed his opinion by seeing the master at work"..Michael had enough of a back catalogue that Timbaland could've seen the master work, while he was still here. And Memefan is right, he's a hypocrite, he completey dismissed Drake and 40 Shebib's production of Aaliyahs voice on new music, which wasnt even bad by any means. And said "I don't think people who didn't know or worked with her, should be working on her music". Uhm hello, he didn't know or work with Michael but he's doing this.

You may be right, maybe not. Let's just hope for the best. It's not like we can really influence it. About Aaliyah: I read he kind of apologized for beiing so protective about "babygirl" after he heard the track(s).
Whatever the case, in my book it's still better letting Timbaland work on tracks than for example a big hypocrite like Quincy with his stupid opinion about MJ.

Really excited for this!!! But do you guy's think Timbaland is producing an album or just a few songs? (remember rodney jerkins on twitter saying it is a shame to have many producers on 1 album)! And it's not set in stone that 'chicago' will be the first single! Timbaland says he thinks it should be the first, big difference! How much does he have to say? Maybe he is just a piece in the project....

Personally I think he works on a handful of tracks, which will not necessarly all make the cut. It's also a possibility they gave the same song to different producers to take a shot at it.
I doubt Timbaland is the "executive producer".
I think at least for final approval/polishing of tracks people like Rodney, Michael Prince, Bruce Swedien, Neff-u should be involved.

^ What makes me think he MAY be the executive producer is that he said that he has a bunch of MJ music, which could hint to that possiblitiy. Also if he is going to say what should be the first single, that would hint to me that he heard the tracks that would be on the album which if he wasnt going to produce it all I don't see why he'd hear the work right now of the other producers..

i actually hope he is executive producer! I really think he is the right man for this job!! And then you have someone who understands music! If you see what happanned to the album 'Michael'... I have more trust in Timbaland, and he thinks chicago should be the first single, i really have the urge to trust him in this... maybe that's unfair towards the other producers, but i only want the best producer handeling MJ tracks!

When it eventually emerges, the result will be "my music with his voice on it", Timbaland said.
I don´t like that.It sounds like Michael had absolutely nothing to do with the music,
Is it going to be a Timbalandalbum with Michael´s vocals in it?

Back