TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $238 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $105 Million thus far (UPDATE)

According to www.boxofficemojo.com it made $2.4million

This is VERY good, after the steadily good performance of the weekend. If it keeps grossing about 1.5-2 mil every weeknight this week, and do another 10 mil on the weekend, it will be over 50 before two weeks pass from its release.. Very, VERY good, by all standards..

Let's try to keep the hype.. I understand publicity will fade somewhat this week -I wish sony had circulated the oscar-buzz rumors now instead of last week-, so in the absence of headlines, let us fans KEEP GOING to see it!!

$2.4 million is a good result on a a Monday!! Go MJ!!!

GREAT!!

Did he beat Hannah Montana?

what's this obsession with Hannah Montana? Let it go people, when all is said and done, TII will beat HM domestically.

This Is It has already done over 36 million in the US. The goal is to beat $66 million. After this weekend that amount will rise to 50 million. It's still got another 2-3 weekends in theaters after that. With the busy thanksgiving weekend, I guarantee This Is It will beat Hannah Montana in the US. I say final number will be $75 million. Just my hunch.

This Is It has already done over 36 million in the US. The goal is to beat $66 million. After this weekend that amount will rise to 50 million. It's still got another 2-3 weekends in theaters after that. With the busy thanksgiving weekend, I guarantee This Is It will beat Hannah Montana in the US. I say final number will be $75 million. Just my hunch.

its already beat Hanna

If it's over 50 mil by the end of the weekend and it's got another 20 days to go, it can well surpass that. let's wait and see
and I agree, let's get over the HM-parallelism..

THIS IS IT! BIGGER THAN ESTIMATED

Favorable word of mouth boosted attendance at theaters showing the Michael Jackson concert documentary This Is It! on Sunday, pushing the total box office to $23.2 million, up from an original estimate of $21.3 million. (The movie has earned $34.4 million since opening on Tuesday night.) Final results for foreign screenings also proved to be higher than originally estimated -- by about $1 million. Total worldwide results for the movie stands at $103.9 million as of Sunday. The mini-budget Paranormal Activity also performed strongly, raking in $16.4 million in its third week of wide release. It has now taken in $84.6 million since opening in a handful of college towns six weeks ago. Overall, the domestic box-office tallied $82.9 million, up 12 percent from $74 million for the comparable weekend a year ago, when High School Musical 3 led with $15.3 million. Revenue for the year stands at $8.3 million, up 7.68 percent from last year's $7.08 million.

The top ten films over the weekend, according to final figures compiled by Box Office Mojo (figures in parentheses represent total gross to date) 1. Michael Jackson's This Is It, Sony, $23,234,394, 1 Wk., $34,442,926 (From Tuesday); 2. Paranormal Activity , Paramount, $16,387,327, 6 Wks., ($84,627,372); 3. Law Abiding Citizen, Overture Films, $7,403,630, 3 Wks., ($51,485,280); 4. Couples Retreat, Universal, $6,460,525, 4 Wks., ($87,026,280); 5. Where the Wild Things Are, Warner Bros., ($5,931,417, 3 Wks., ($62,650,379); 6. Saw VI, Lionsgate, $5,270,794, 2 Wks., ($22,534,749); 7. Astro Boy, Summit Ent. $3,460,651, 2 Wks., ($11,316,418); 8. The Stepfather, Sony, $3,207,792, 3 Wks., ($24,555,801); 9. Cirque Du Freak The Vampire's Assistant, Universal, $3,098,185, 2 Wks., ($10,809,975); 10. Amelia, Fox Searchlight, $3,034,667, 2 Wks., ($8,340,499).

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/this-is-it-bigger-than-estimated_1121135

what's this obsession with Hannah Montana? Let it go people, when all is said and done, TII will beat HM domestically.

It's just a comparison nothing more.

Let hope this will happen, but if it didn’t there will be no disappointments (at least from my side) :)

This Is It is doing well in its 2nd week in the US, on Monday it grossed $2.45 million while on Tuesday it grossed $2.67 million. This means in the past two days it has managed to gross over $5.1 million in the US which is very good for a film in the 2nd week and on weekdays. This Is It will pass the $50 million mark by the end of the week and I predict that it will gross $20-25 million this week in the US.

This Is It is doing well in its 2nd week in the US, on Monday it grossed $2.45 million while on Tuesday it grossed $2.67 million. This means in the past two days it has managed to gross over $5.1 million in the US which is very good for a film in the 2nd week and on weekdays. This Is It will pass the $50 million mark by the end of the week and I predict that it will gross $20-25 million this week in the US.

:clapping:

And you know whats doing it? WORD OF MOUTH!

The critics could'nt deny the truth, which is that Michael Jackson is simply the BEST! The glowing reviews have done alot for people going out to see this, not to mention us fans who keep going back again and again!:D

double post

Last edited:

$2,673,807 yesterday is GREAT! If it keeps going like that and does equivalently well in the weekend, it will be nearing 60 mil before two weeks pass from its opening.. This is fab!

$2.6m on Tuesday is indeed very good, especially considering it was an election night. Definitely holding up well.

I finally saw it today (Curaçao, Netherlands Antilels)
it was fantastic
first time I experience what happen tonight here
people applausing at the end of the movie, everyone singing I'll Be there,
it was really nice, and the place was full:D

I was shocked that sales increased 9% on Tuesday, especially considering how dead the theaters are on Tuesday nights. So far the movie has done $39.5 million in the US in one week. This Is It has remained the #1 movie for 7 days in a row now in the US and looks to remain #1 on Wednesday. By Sunday, this amount will be over $50 million with another 3 weeks to go before it's pulled from theaters. I believe This Is It is benefiting from strong word of mouth and a huge number of positive critical reviews. It's also getting repeat business from people who see it twice, or more times.

In the past two days the movie has made over $5 million in the US and in my opinion should do very well this weekend (numbers will shock many box office pundits). Total Global numbers probably stand at $120 million so far and will surge again after this weekend. This movie has been very successful, it's great to see.

Yes, I was shocked to see the cinema with so many people for a wednesday night
Here very rarely people go to the cinema on week days
saturday are the most crowded
People are starting to here great reviews from it, and the newspapers are also helping, dedicating whole sections for the movie

I was shocked that sales increased 9% on Tuesday, especially considering how dead the theaters are on Tuesday nights. So far the movie has done $39.5 million in the US in one week. This Is It has remained the #1 movie for 7 days in a row now in the US and looks to remain #1 on Wednesday. By Sunday, this amount will be over $50 million with another 3 weeks to go before it's pulled from theaters. I believe This Is It is benefiting from strong word of mouth and a huge number of positive critical reviews. It's also getting repeat business from people who see it twice, or more times.

In the past two days the movie has made over $5 million in the US and in my opinion should do very well this weekend (numbers will shock many box office pundits). Total Global numbers probably stand at $120 million so far and will surge again after this weekend. This movie has been very successful, it's great to see.

even with 4 new movies opening? Especially Jim Carrey's A chrismas carrol.

Why is a xmas movie being released so early?

Jackson Movie Up to $125.6M Globally

Sony announced Wednesday that its Michael Jackson concert-rehearsal film “This Is It” has reached $125.6 million globally, with the international ticket sales totaling $86 million after a full week in release.

Domestically, according to the studio, the movie has taken in $39.6 million, with Tuesday box office receipts up 9 percent over Monday at $2.7 million.

Sony paid concert promoter AEG Live $60 million to acquire footage from Jackson’s final concert rehearsals and distribute it worldwide!!

http://www.thewrap.com/article/jackson-mov...m-globally-9653

Yes, I was shocked to see the cinema with so many people for a wednesday night
Here very rarely people go to the cinema on week days
saturday are the most crowded
People are starting to here great reviews from it, and the newspapers are also helping, dedicating whole sections for the movie

what do you mean by "here" ? where do you live ?

Anyway, The movie needs to make money NOW because this WE will be very hard.

Yes I think it was $130million or $135million.

The movie needs to make money NOW because this WE will be very hard.

Besides the Jim Carey film, which other comes out this weekend, does anyone know..?

Yes I think it was $130million or $135million.
I am not too sure about the 130/135M$.

The theaters & Sony split the receipts in half. So, at 130M$ sony would get 65M$ and theater owners get the other 65M$. all receipts are split evenly between the movie theater owners and Columbia.

Sony wouldn't make any profit at 130M$....and it wouldn't make sense for them to invest in the movie.

They paid the estate and AEG 60M$ for the rights and spent another 10-15M$ in marketing...let's assume they invested a total of 75M$ on the movie...they have to recoup all that money back.

To break even, the movie needs to make 150$ (Theater owners 75M$ and Sony 75M$)....after 150M$ is when they are starting to make profit....how much profit will sony take BEFORE the estate get their 90%...is anyone's guess.

A wild guess?...15-20% of their investment. So add another 15M$ to Sony's take.

Jackson Movie Up to $125.6M Globally

Sony announced Wednesday that its Michael Jackson concert-rehearsal film “This Is It” has reached $125.6 million globally, with the international ticket sales totaling $86 million after a full week in release.

Domestically, according to the studio, the movie has taken in $39.6 million, with Tuesday box office receipts up 9 percent over Monday at $2.7 million.

Sony paid concert promoter AEG Live $60 million to acquire footage from Jackson’s final concert rehearsals and distribute it worldwide!!

http://www.thewrap.com/article/jackson-mov...m-globally-9653

Thanks for the news :clap:

Back