TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $238 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $101 Million thus far (UPDATE)

BOX OFFICE IN QUEBEC CANADA!!! :clap: :clap:

tiino101.jpg

Can I just tell how happy I am that even HERE IN QUEBEC where MJ fans are so rare, Michael still manage to be #1!!!

**doing happy dance around computer screen at work**

:)

Oh and not forgetting this:
“MICHAEL JACKSON’S THIS IS IT” MAKES MOTION PICTURE HISTORY

AS THE HIGHEST-GROSSING CONCERT FILM OF ALL TIME WORLDWIDE

I could cry, I'm so proud of my Baby!!!!

:hug: to myself...

Last edited:

“MICHAEL JACKSON’S THIS IS IT” MAKES MOTION PICTURE HISTORY

AS THE HIGHEST-GROSSING CONCERT FILM OF ALL TIME WORLDWIDE

Awesome. :clap:

Great news all around the world! Now this is what I want to hear about!

Michael Jackson truly was:)() the biggest global icon and it's no surprise at all that people would flock to see this movie all over the world! :) People know how special this movie truly is and what it represents!

Remember, after the $135 million, 90% of the profits will go to the estate! So this is a great start. :)

Better WE than expected in USA !!!

Michael Jackson's This Is It bounced back from a soft Saturday for a stronger Sunday up 18% to $8.3M and a weekend actual of $23.2M domestic. That's still underwhelming given all the pre-sales hype.

BOX OFFICE IN QUEBEC CANADA!!! :clap: :clap:

tiino101.jpg

Can I just tell how happy I am that even HERE IN QUEBEC where MJ fans are so rare, Michael still manage to be #1!!!

**doing happy dance around computer screen at work**

:)

thats excellent thanks :)

Better WE than expected in USA !!!

Michael Jackson's This Is It bounced back from a soft Saturday for a stronger Sunday up 18% to $8.3M and a weekend actual of $23.2M domestic. That's still underwhelming given all the pre-sales hype.

That's very important.
Let's keep the hype

Re: Lets Make This Is It Top Titanic

Let's stay positive. Let's daydream that it equals maybe not the Titanic, but the average blockbusters that top semestrial box office..
and every now and then dreams do come true!

Re: Lets Make This Is It Top Titanic

True it can't beat titanic sales but it has already beaten it in terms of entertainment, i went to titanic when it came out but since then i've never felt the need to watch it again where as i've already seen TII twice and i'm not done yet.

It says it all -by Roger:

'This Is It' Revised Box Office: $US 34 million

Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” did better than anyone knew. When Sony releases weekend box office figures today, sources say the Kenny Ortega directed concert film/doc will have done $34.5 million for the period of Tuesday night through Sunday.
That makes the total worldwide boxoffice closer to $105 million. “This Is It” is the most successful concert film ever.
So much for all the negative spin over the weekend. Indeed, the amount of it was truly puzzling. Most regular feature films would be considered “monster hits” if they’d done this well in five days.
Poor Michael Jackson. This was all he ever wanted.
On Sunday, I’m told, the movie was screened for Academy voters. They loved it, apparently, giving “This Is It” a standing ovation. But I wouldn’t get too excited. The film missed the documentary deadline for the Oscars. And it’s unlikely it will get a Best Picture nomination, despite the fervor of the Oscar blogs. A Golden Globe nomination for Comedy/Musical is more likely. And maybe a Best Song nomination for Jackson’s Paul Anka title track.

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/this-is-it-boxoffic/

double post

roger is so vomit inducing. shows how pathetic they are they they swing which ever direction the money is coming from. makes them even worse when they are spewing such hate like he did and prob dont even mean it.

It says it all -by Roger:

'This Is It' Revised Box Office: $US 34 million

Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” did better than anyone knew. When Sony releases weekend box office figures today, sources say the Kenny Ortega directed concert film/doc will have done $34.5 million for the period of Tuesday night through Sunday.
That makes the total worldwide boxoffice closer to $105 million. “This Is It” is the most successful concert film ever.
So much for all the negative spin over the weekend. Indeed, the amount of it was truly puzzling. Most regular feature films would be considered “monster hits” if they’d done this well in five days.
Poor Michael Jackson. This was all he ever wanted.
On Sunday, I’m told, the movie was screened for Academy voters. They loved it, apparently, giving “This Is It” a standing ovation. But I wouldn’t get too excited. The film missed the documentary deadline for the Oscars. And it’s unlikely it will get a Best Picture nomination, despite the fervor of the Oscar blogs. A Golden Globe nomination for Comedy/Musical is more likely. And maybe a Best Song nomination for Jackson’s Paul Anka title track.

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/this-is-it-boxoffic/

"I'm told.." :lol: More like "I read on MJ forums that...".

Yay! GO MICHAEL!!!!!

roger is so vomit inducing. shows how pathetic they are they they swing which ever direction the money is coming from. makes them even worse when they are spewing such hate like he did and prob dont even mean it.

yes, I agree

Michael Jackson truly was:)() the biggest global icon and it's no surprise at all that people would flock to see this movie all over the world! :)

Nonono - is. Michael is. He's not here, and yet...look what's happened. People didn't flock to this movie to see Kenny in action or 'cause Orianthi's a bad-ass. ;) Michael Jackson is still, truly, the biggest global icon.

"This Is It" final box office tally rises (Reuters)

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Michael Jackson concert movie "This Is It" saw opening weekend ticket sales in the U.S. and Canada rise by 9 percent from initial estimates to a total $23.2 million, according to final studio figures on Monday.

The movie has made another $69.5 million internationally since its Wednesday opening, up from an original box office estimate of $68.5 million, film studio Columbia Pictures said.

In total, the movie has made $103.9 million at worldwide box offices, said Columbia Pictures, the Sony Corp division that paid $60 million for the video used in the film.

"This Is It" follows Jackson during his final weeks of rehearsal for a planned series of 50 shows in London.
The concerts were canceled when the "Thriller" singer died on June 25 from an overdose of powerful medication in Los Angeles, and investigators are probing his death.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/quotthis-itquot-final-box-office-tally-rises-reuters

^^ thanks for the news chacal :)

Title needs updating now that the numbers are corrected.

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $105 Million thus far (UPDATE)

thanks for updating so quickly. That $105 Million looks hella pretty in the title. :D:D

He does indeed always follow the money. Corporate money, that is

the person who runs the deadline.com site and rushed every late night of the past weekend to joyfully announce the box office numbers that showed how TII 'underperformed', essentially admits being a hater today -as some here had figured out already. After the overall success that the movie turned out to make in the whole weekend BO, she writes a piece about how AEG should now pay back to the city of LA the 6 mil that policing the summer memorial cost to the city authorities.. I'm not gonna post the actual text, but it's louzy. It should become a lesson to all of us not to be too fast to listen to the doom-and-gloomers as most of the times the are not more than plain haters with their own agenda.

the person who runs the deadline.com site and rushed every late night of the past weekend to joyfully announce the box office numbers that showed how TII 'underperformed', essentially admits being a hater today -as some here had figured out already. After the overall success that the movie turned out to make in the whole weekend BO, she writes a piece about how AEG should now pay back to the city of LA the 6 mil that policing the summer memorial cost to the city authorities.. I'm not gonna post the actual text, but it's louzy. It should become a lesson to all of us not to be too fast to listen to the doom-and-gloomers as most of the times the are not more than plain haters with their own agenda.

Ha ha ha ha priceless....I called him/her for the hater that s/he is days ago.

I have a question, did top Hanna Montanna's concert movie? (for the first weekend i mean (and no it's not important i'm just curious))

Any update for monday night's turn out..?

Back