This Is It to hit Cinemas October 30th 2009

I thought it said it was about his life and will include live footage of the rehearsals.

I wouldn't be surprised therefore, if it will have footage of the news flashes of when he died and bits from the memorial esp. Paris' speech.

Personally I think it is out too soon. I think they should wait for people to come to terms with it first... Can you imagine the movie theatre!, there won't be a dry eye in the house!

In all seriousness i am not looking forward to this one little bit, all i wanted was to see the rest of the rehearsel footage without the big story behind it, without the drama i just want to see the raw copy of michael doing what he does best!!

I wAS really looking forward to seeing these rehearsals right up until AEG released the TDCAU clip. As soon as I saw it I realised that a DVD release would NOT show a spectacular show with Mike at his best. Mike's dancing was nowhere near polished, he was not singing live (or if it was, the backing track was drowning the live vocals out). Similar to the Dangerous tour rehearsals, this release will show MJ 'coasting' through the show. He won't be putting all his energy into it. He won't be dancing or singing flat out. In fact, he won't even be miming flat out. His dancing will be out of time and he will miss his queues. I don't want this to sound as though I'm being overly critical of MJ himself because I understand that it is just a rehearsal and that's the way it is. He doesn't need to be perfect and he didn't need to put 1000% energy into it.
BUT
my worry is that other people who flock to see this show or buy this DVD will be disappointed in what they see, and that COULD result in widespread bad reviews from the press and bad 'word of mouth' from the public. IT could really affect his image as a great entertainer - one of the last good impressions the public had of him when he died. This effect may be short lived but I don't want this show to be how people remember Mike. I would prefer that Sony do a high profile release of one of his other concerts. Perhaps a BAD tour or Victory tour show. THAT will show Mike as he was in his peak and that is the Mike I want to be remembered the most.

IF
the This Is It rehearsal was one of the final rehearsals with all special effects, all choreohgraphy learned, all songs sung that I may feel differently right now but that's not the case.
I'm not sure if I would see this show in the cinema because I don't want to sit there disappointed along with a cinema full of people equally disappointed at what they see.
The only way I could see this being a good release for Mike is if they release a 'making of' documentary, so rather than just screen the show as a concert in its entirety, they should show clips of TII performances amid other footage of the preparations. I heard they had been making a documentary anyway so I presume they have good footage of Mike in meetings and helping with the designs etc. IF they release that to the cinema then I will see it. It will show the rehearsals in the right context, and it will be clear that they are just run throughs, rather than try to pass them off as his final performances.

Yeah I kinda have to agree. Michael would be cringing at this being shown in cinemas. Eugh, it's such a horrible situation. :(

Agreed.

The movie is bound to be, (by american standards) over dramatised.

I think I agree with this section of your post and I wish they would do what I've highlighted in Bold.

There are a lot of people who have never seen clips of Michael performing live. They have only seen his music videos. So these people won't even know what he was like live back in his prime, the only representation of Michael live that they will get is the This Is It film. The film will probably get sooo hyped up.

We know MJ was a perfectionist and I dn't think he'd like people to remember him with rehearsal performance.

However, saying that. I do want to see it. I'd rather have a DVD of just raw rehearsal footage.

my worry is that other people who flock to see this show or buy this DVD will be disappointed in what they see, and that COULD result in widespread bad reviews from the press and bad 'word of mouth' from the public. IT could really affect his image as a great entertainer - one of the last good impressions the public had of him when he died. This effect may be short lived but I don't want this show to be how people remember Mike. I would prefer that Sony do a high profile release of one of his other concerts. Perhaps a BAD tour or Victory tour show. THAT will show Mike as he was in his peak and that is the Mike I want to be remembered the most.

I completely agree. While I want them to release it, at the same time, I don't want them to.

He will NOT be giving it his all in the rehearsal, so why make a big deal out of it? People, especially non fans, will be like.. WTF? he's miming and his dancing is lackluster.

Well that's because it's an early REHEARSAL. And this is completely understandable!

I want to see it for myself. But hey, it's a rehearsal... ?

Oh and one last thing..

Michael would NOT want this released. Ever. Especially in these circumstances.

In all seriousness i am not looking forward to this one little bit, all i wanted was to see the rest of the rehearsel footage without the big story behind it, without the drama i just want to see the raw copy of michael doing what he does best!!

I agree with you.

I don't know.
When was the rehearsal recorded. First they told us it was from a few days (or maybe a week before he died...). That everything was ready and it was already the show Michael wanted us to see.

If that's the case, I'm happy it will be released. But after seeing the TDCAU footage... hmm... it could get bad reviews indeed, and that's not what we want at all. (Talking about the miming here.. dancing was fine for a rehearsal)

But people we don't know what footage they have. Probably a lot of backstage with Michael joking too (that would be amazing). And maybe there are much better parts of the show. I will definitely go and watch (a million times...), it's just so sad it has to go down this way.

Oh and one last thing..

Michael would NOT want this released. Ever. Especially in these circumstances.

I thought the footage of rehearsals was to be released anyway. Or a some sort of documentary on a DVD. I swear I read that somewhere before June 25.

yeah I want to see teh RAW footage too but theres no way we
'll get that til theres dvd with unreleased scenes etc.

I suggest all MJ fans to arrange going together to enjoy the show with the “real fans” and I do NOT think that we will all be seated while watching, I hope it won’t get out of control. :jumpy:

The article I posted I think said like 90% goes to his estate.

Um.. I do agree that people who aren't real MJ fans won't realize that the footage they are seeing is REHEARSAL footage and NOT a full out performance.. unless AEG picks better clips than the one they released after his death OR makes some kind of statement IN this movie that this was indeed a rehearsal and not what MJ would have given on stage. Don't count them out just yet.. we still have a few months to go... Keep hope alive!

I was thinking about that :(

so, who's going to get the proceeds of this thing? his estate, right? because I do not want to give any of my money to AEG!

According to TMZ the Jackson estate will get 90% of profits whilst 10% will go to AEG. Personally I'm a little skeptical of this film. I would like to be enthusiastic about the project but somehow the thought of watching Michael doing rehearsals for a doomed tour that ultimately contributed to his passing makes me uneasy. It's still early days, it'll be interesting to see what tone they go for with the movie.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/04/michael-jackson-columbia-pictures-aeg-estate-rehearsal footage/

WOOOOW this is Great I cant wait to see him perform ;) This is gonna be HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEE ;)

I was thinking about that :(

so, who's going to get the proceeds of this thing? his estate, right? because I do not want to give any of my money to AEG!

Well if you go 10% goes to AEG. Its a toughie isn't it. I don't want to go because what happened after and don't want AEG to get cash but then on the other side of the coin 90% goes to the trust and that includes charities getting money and a lot of me is wondering what the footage is like.

Lol thankyou for the laughs last nite first time i have really laughed since this all happened! Will be thinking of you and london when i finally get to see the footage maybe it will help the tears!!

:clap: Good!

I'm telling y'all I'm excited! I mean it's not what we had all hoped for, but at least it's something to look forward to, you know?

Lol thankyou for the laughs last nite first time i have really laughed since this all happened! Will be thinking of you and london when i finally get to see the footage maybe it will help the tears!!

girl, you gonna be watching it right with us, what are you talking about? we'll hook up the skype, no prob, lmao popcorn + laptops + wifi. it's 2009!

this thread is totally manic and did a 180º tho. first everyone was pro it then it was debbie downstown. :lol:

Back