The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

(Songs that were worked on for Michael and Xscape) "Michael: Love Never Felt So Good, She Was Loving Me, Lovely Way To Go, Slave To The Rhythm, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name, Throwing Your Life Away plus Cascio fakes All I Need, Burn Tonight and Stay.
Xscape: Hot Fun In The Summertime."

I didn't know APWNN was reworked for the Michael album, is that new info? I'm interested to hear how much that version differs from the Stargate remix.
This really shows how lazy the Estate is when it comes to projects and breaks LA Reid's narrative of how Xscape was produced. It seems more like "let's recycle everything that got dropped from the previous project" rather than "choosing between 24 tracks".

This really shows how lazy the Estate is when it comes to projects and breaks LA Reid's narrative of how Xscape was produced. It seems more like "let's recycle everything that got dropped from the previous project" rather than "choosing between 24 tracks".
Y'know, if it wasn't for the backlash the estate got for releasing the Cascio tracks, they'd definitely put more of them on Xscape or in other future projects lol.

Not necessarily. L.A. Reid might've been able to see the 24 tracks, but the Estate might not have shown him more. It's a glamorous image, but it's probably just less complicated. Not the "vault", but a single box from the vault.

That's definitely clickbait. MJ didn't slur gays by referring to them as "homos".
The quote was attributed to him by other sources. Not saying he said it, but the Detail didn't come up with that. So again, I'm failing to see the problem with them. But whatever.

(Songs that were worked on for Michael and Xscape) "Michael: Love Never Felt So Good, She Was Loving Me, Lovely Way To Go, Slave To The Rhythm, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name, Throwing Your Life Away plus Cascio fakes All I Need, Burn Tonight and Stay.

I didn't know APWNN was reworked for the Michael album, is that new info? I'm interested to hear how much that version differs from the Stargate remix.
He's also not counting songs they did want but didn't have access to, like the Will.I.Am tunes for Michael, and Chicago 1945 for Xscape. They considered more songs, they explicitly worked on (reworked) just these few. And we've heard most of the versions they did work on.

you know, chances are less than zero that this useless estate will ever release this song.
I won’t call them worthless but you are probably right they may never release it or anything else. I’m all for leaks and if they do eventually release the leaks, I will purchase them. The problem is that there is not much revenue in releasing music. Todays artists make all their money in touring. That’s why they charge $350 a ticket. Streaming has killed the music industry in my opinion.

Not necessarily. L.A. Reid might've been able to see the 24 tracks, but the Estate might not have shown him more. It's a glamorous image, but it's probably just less complicated. Not the "vault", but a single box from the vault.
It is hard to believe it. What are the chances he'd pick all the discarded tracks exactly, plus another random one (Loving You)?
By the way, I'm pretty sure Loving You was discovered by Matt Forger in 2012 when he was working on finding tracks on old tapes for Bad 25.

surprised to see Xscape with Tupac is real, thought its just a rumor lol

wow.
so LNFSG 2014 was basically already done in 2010 and for TYLA they were too lazy finding the multitracks.
LNFSG 2014 might be from the BTM remixing sessions, like McClain had to create some retro tunes. :p

my guess:
The leaked APWNN (which was like 10sec longer after the bridge) could be the 2010 version?

Iam also glad the horrible Tricky Stewart remix for STTR wasn't released. it sounds so cheap. :D

I do not understand why the version made with Justin Bieber wasn't released as a b-side single - or a stand-alone single to promote the album.

I would not want the JB duet to be the "real" version on the album, but why not get the promotion. - JB has (or had) a huge young fan group.

It is hard to believe it. What are the chances he'd pick all the discarded tracks exactly, plus another random one (Loving You)?
By the way, I'm pretty sure Loving You was discovered by Matt Forger in 2012 when he was working on finding tracks on old tapes for Bad 25.
I wish we had more info on Loving You. One of my favorite unreleased songs

I do not understand why the version made with Justin Bieber wasn't released as a b-side single - or a stand-alone single to promote the album.

I would not want the JB duet to be the "real" version on the album, but why not get the promotion. - JB has (or had) a huge young fan group.
Because he has got nothing to do with Michael. He should never be allowed anywhere near Michael’s music.

Of course the estate told him (or recommended) what tracks to pick. That's not the same as saying Reid was just there for name recognition.

Think about it; Chicago 1945 would've been on the record. She Was Lovin' Me may or may not have been. Hot Fun was nearly included; probably as the Xscape bonus track. So there wouldn't have been two LNFSGs, maybe just Timbaland's version without JT.

Stargate almost did not end up on the album, they didn't enjoy hearing any song except for APWNN apparently. Slave was Reid's song so that was a definite shoe in. Blue Gangsta and DYKWYCA, I can see those being included. And Xscape, well, one word title.

There was still a lot of potential, even if they did end up homogenizing it. That came later as their ambitions likely were reined in.

Last edited:
my guess:
The leaked APWNN (which was like 10sec longer after the bridge) could be the 2010 version?
That version is the 2008 mix. According to Damien the 2010 version remains faithful to the original and if that's the case, I wish we got that version instead of the auditive abomination that is the Stargate remix.

Because he has got nothing to do with Michael. He should never be allowed anywhere near Michael’s music.
Think about him what you want - I am not a fan myself - but JB is HUGE amongst youngsters. - And there is no denying JB has made some bangers. He has an ear for a hit and a great beat.

So it would have been great promotion - and The Estate always talk about introducing MJ to the new generation... well, there was no better way...

Missed opportunity really.

Back