The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I must be going insane. How on earth are they 'fine'

They put out videos questioning if Michael was gay, trans, you name it. Clickbait garbage
They weren't "questioning" it.

It's literally just discussing the topic, with his own words. I didn't even watch it. Why are you making up stuff to get mad about?

The Detail is fine?
I like the reviews of events in Michael's life over the year in Details, for example. Or compilations of interviews about him by other people. But sometimes they do touch on a lot of the tabloid headlines. As far as I know the Detail has changed ownership. The earlier issues were interesting to me and created by a different author. Now I really stopped watching it.

They weren't "questioning" it.

It's literally just discussing the topic, with his own words. I didn't even watch it. Why are you making up stuff to get mad about?
I highly suggest actually looking into them before thinking I'm 'making up stuff to get mad about.'

Plenty of fans strongly dislike the channel, and it's not for 'made up reasons'.

The soundtrack is just another thing we need to be on Sony about. There's plenty of his work that exists but it just seems they're deciding what we want to hear. To be honest, kinda done with the musicals. Only half care about the movie. Once we're past this let's get to see more of the work he did while he was alive FFS!

I highly suggest actually looking into them before thinking I'm 'making up stuff to get mad about.'

Plenty of fans strongly dislike the channel, and it's not for 'made up reasons'.
I don't really care enough either way, I'm just saying, this topic I just didn't see anything inflammatory about. If you consider just mentioning it something off limits then I guess I get that, but it's gonna come up anyway.

With that said, they are bringing up some topics I don't enjoy and I could do with less of that. But it simply is what it is, most people have made up their minds.

Vogel seems certain Tomboy has vocals by the sounds of it. Interesting that Rocker might be pre 2005 as well.

I'm intrigued to see what makes the last songs so fascinating from a musical stand point, I remember Travis (from this forum) saying the last songs were hard to describe, they were like nothing Mike had done before

I just heard on The Detail that Michael had done an entire soundtrack to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory in 2005, and that the producers did want to use the soundtrack but he decided against giving it to them because they wouldn't give him the lead role. So that's an EP of music out there in some vault somewhere too.
Wow I hope they aren’t making this up 😲

Rocker, Dark Lady H20 and Remember What I Told you are my 3 most anticipated unheard MJ songs on the planet... I truly wish to hear these one day. These are way, way more interesting to me than titles like Tomboy and Make or Break, for so many reasons
dark lady, water, monster, innocent man, boy no, remember what i told you, rocker, buffalo bill, Victory, Adore You, MichaelMcKellar and Lady of Summer

Everything and anything from Michael’s final years top my personal list. It’s crazy that nothing has yet surfaced.
It's sad, not crazy. They're very strictly under lock and key. Who knows what MJ had in his own personal belongings also.

Rocker, Dark Lady H20 and Remember What I Told you are my 3 most anticipated unheard MJ songs on the planet... I truly wish to hear these one day. These are way, way more interesting to me than titles like Tomboy and Make or Break, for so many reasons
Your words are music to my ears. I've said it before but I'll say it again; the 2000's might be the best era of unreleased music since they were only left unfinished/unreleased because of MJ's death, not because the songs weren't good enough or because there were other songs that MJ decided to focus on instead, which is the case with most of the tracks left in the vault. Judging by what has leaked/released and by new info, the songs seem very promising and I hope we get to hear them someday.

I'm not as interested in the Bad era tracks though but there seems to be some gems from that era as well, Buffalo Bill and Make Or Break would be my top picks.

My personal pick would be "Turning Me Off" because of how it has been described. Apparently was of a more experimental nature, with synths so prominent that Michael and Barnes decided to sideline the bass. I've been told previously that it has a unique time signature to it, although my source didn't elaborate too much on that.

My personal pick would be "Turning Me Off" because of how it has been described. Apparently was of a more experimental nature, with synths so prominent that Michael and Barnes decided to sideline the bass. I've been told previously that it has a unique time signature to it, although my source didn't elaborate too much on that.
Lol.

f9ad66dda4b6e3ef884454806fec90a4.778x1000x1.jpg

below best of joy there's (i think) "killer dance" written, anyone knows if this would be a song title or just a note for another song?? if that's what it even says lol

Clearly there's stuff in the vault but I am not too encouraged by the stuff they've already shown us.

I havent heard throwing your life away. But to be fair, no, a lot of that I find to be fairly average.

I havent heard throwing your life away. But to be fair, no, a lot of that I find to be fairly average.
This comment makes little sense. You'd have to specify way more. What is average? Average to what Michael released? Average to his unreleased songs? Average to mainstream songs? Average to the music that was popular at the time the unreleased songs were made?

(Songs that were worked on for Michael and Xscape) "Michael: Love Never Felt So Good, She Was Loving Me, Lovely Way To Go, Slave To The Rhythm, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name, Throwing Your Life Away plus Cascio fakes All I Need, Burn Tonight and Stay.
Xscape: Hot Fun In The Summertime."

I didn't know APWNN was reworked for the Michael album, is that new info? I'm interested to hear how much that version differs from the Stargate remix.

Last edited:
(Regarding Hot Fun In The Summertime) "What I heard only had part of the chorus and some background vocals. Very underwhelming. I know other fans have heard the version produced for Xscape and they say it’s great. I can’t disagree with them because I haven’t heard what they heard. But what I heard wasn’t great IMO."
"Boy No is nice. Rocker has vocals like They Don’t Care About Us or Morphine. The same aggressive spitting style."

Back