SONY REFUSE TO RELEASE 'THIS IS IT' SINGLE : Feedback Form Inside

Can i offer a query...This was never ed as man posts aren't because people are just focused on their on things BUT

At first when it said a e re arranew arrangment and if you listen to the trailers there is an orchestral sounding smooth criminal version with violin string etc...I thought all the mj songs would be re arranged with an orchestra behind it? They would not have made that version of sc for no reason?

Even is MJ sang live Human nature, that doesnt mean that he would have not mimed it during the concerts.

But, who said that he saw the movie and the final cut ? Can I have a link for his comments. Thanks.

Even is MJ sang live Human nature, that doesnt mean that he would have not mimed it during the concerts.

But, who said that he saw the movie and the final cut ? Can I have a link for his comments. Thanks.
As far as I can remember

1、Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (partially live)
2、Speechless (live)
3、Jam (partially live)
4、They Don't Really Care About Us (not live) / Drill (short) (green screen) / Bad (not live) (short) (green screen)
5、Human Nature (almost live)
6、Smooth Criminal (almost not live)
7、The Way You Make Me Feel (live)
8、Jackson 5 Medley: I Want You Back, The Love You Save, I'll Be There (partially live)
9、Dance and Shout (not live, just dance)
10、I Just Can't Stop Loving You (live)
11、Thriller (not live) / Threatened (not live)
12、Beat It (live)
13、Black or White (not live)
14、Earth Song (partially live)
15、Billie Jean (live)
16、Man in the Mirror (partially live)
17、This Is It (recording)

This is the list he posted, So This is not is not live.Would have been great two have a live version of the song released with the performance as a music video to promote the album.

I don't know if people understand what's this fuss all about? It is NOT about the fact we are getting a seventh greatest hits album this decade.

It's about the fact that Michael could easily be THE FIRST musician EVER to have a number one record in the US in 5 consecutive decades. It's something that will NOT be possible again for anyone... probably ever. And even though all it takes for this to happen is just to release a song of his this year, Michael is very likely going to miss out on this huge feat... that he would definitely appreciate.

And not because he didn't record music that is good enough... But because of bad marketing moves made by a record company called Sony.

I hate it. Michael cared about his records a lot and I think he would love for This Is It to come out as a single. He could've easily had a couple of hits in the '00s. May I mention Unbreakable, Whatever Happens, Butterflies and We've Had Enough...

Alec- you have a great point.

I just don't think Sony gives a damn about Michael's legacy so long as they get to squeeze every cent out of MJ.
While I agree with you and am just as frustrated ... there is little we can do about it.

And I like to think that I care about his legacy enough to BUY this album because the last thing I want to hear the media say is that MJs last album was a flop.

To each its own.

This thread for the most part started out being in disagreement respectfully towards each other. But every body needs to chill.

If you don't like what is happening with Sony... Go complain, there is a link on first page. You are still not satisfy... don't buy the album.

This is the list he posted, So This is not is not live.Would have been great two have a live version of the song released with the performance as a music video to promote the album.

You're right Arty
I was thinking about releasing This is it as a single with a video of some footage of MJ like they did for the trailer.
It amaze me that Sony couldn't think about something like this.

Are SONY complete idiots? Give it a day or two and the song will be all over the net readily available for download. I'd bet they could make more money from a single than they would an album.

ok i can't be arssed reading the last 12 pages so i will ask - before anyone starts assuming things? DO WE ACTAULLY KNOW WHAT THE TRACKLISTING FOR THE TII SOUNDTRACK IS?????

They will not get away that easy.

My commentto them was:

Shame on all of you...
You people must be very happy that Michael is gone,right?
Well guess what...It will not work the way you want.
Michael might not be here phisically,BUT HE WILL ALWAYS BE IN SPIRIT!i promise you all that!
Depending on me,Michaels work will go on having the amazing value always had.
I feel so sorry that My Michael was not able to ask for help...murders!

They will not get away that easy.

My commentto them was:

Shame on all of you...
You people must be very happy that Michael is gone,right?
Well guess what...It will not work the way you want.
Michael might not be here phisically,BUT HE WILL ALWAYS BE IN SPIRIT!i promise you all that!
Depending on me,Michaels work will go on having the amazing value always had.
I feel so sorry that My Michael was not able to ask for help...murders!

You forgot to mention the single!

Don't matter I'm bootlegging everything sony. F*ck you sony. Trust and believe I will get it and you want get a dime of my money.

Hell yes I would!

A LIVE album would be insane! But instead we're getting the chance to buy MJ's back catalogue again :) YAY!!! And we can't even download the new song legally as a single :) I'm not going to buy all of MJ's old songs again just to hear a few unreleased tunes.

I'll be doing what most people are going to :p[/QUOTE]

Please don't pirate it - you know MJ would NOT approve.

How could you disappoint this beautiful angel?

YANA%20VIDEO%203.jpg

C'mon now.

i hear you shimar, but I can not give sony i dime of my money. i just can't do it. I hate them with a passion. I'll send the money to the kids.

well thats stupid. i mean i was buying the album regardless but still stupid

haven't they learned anything from MJ's savvy business sense? haven't they seen that he has a world wide fanbase that will buy anything new from him, even before they hear it? where is Sony's faith?

Of course you have to buy the whole album they want every cent in your pocket LOL they know what they doing

Well, it makes no difference for Brazillian fans. We don't have singles, we always had to buy the whole album.

ok i can't be arssed reading the last 12 pages so i will ask - before anyone starts assuming things? DO WE ACTAULLY KNOW WHAT THE TRACKLISTING FOR THE TII SOUNDTRACK IS?????

Did you read even the first post? This thread is not about the album, it's about Sony not releasing a single.

I think they will release it on iTunes. They know folks will download it illegally and they aren't stupid to lose money like that. At least I hope they aren't.

I don't know if I'm gonna buy this album : I'll see.

This is just pathetic, I don't want an album with songs that I already have like 10 copies off. I'd rather buy Lady GaGa's 'The Fame' or Shakira's She Wolf.

Urgh.

This is my opinion, and i really dont want to offend anyone, just how i see the situation.

Yeh, its totally poop that theyre not releasing the single and its another greatest hit album, but i personally dont think sending messages of complaints calling sony smegheads is gunna make a shade of difference. its a shame, but what are gunna do? if you want This is it, you have to buy the album. I only feel this way because as a musician Im TOTALLY against illegal downloading.

If you cant afford it, it sucks, but if you really want it maybe save up? I want a lexus, but i aint gunna steal one... sony may be *****ers... but its still stealing no matter who its from.

Of course you have to buy the whole album they want every cent in your pocket LOL they know what they doing

well im not sure they do, alot of people wont go to those lengths for one song, whearas for a single they would, i think the album will sell quiet well, but a single would have sold like mad, and the album would still sell well with a single release from it, the two promote each other see, this is basic marketing skills, i think they wont make anymore money this way than releasing this is it as a single and then the album, infact, i think they could even make less the way they are doing it, but we wont know, as the single wont be released anyway

I just hope this is it single will go #1 so Michael would have 40 years of #1s from I want you back in 1969 to This is it in 2009....

We'll have to work a lot and ask radios to put the song if we want it at #1 now that there won't be physical cd singe (would have liked it.. just for the collector point of view...)

I already pre ordered the ablum anyway so it makes no difference to me, $20 isn't much. Illegal downloads are not ok with me, stealing is stealing.

Well there are many who can't get it as a single even if it was one. I'm still debating buying it.

a question... was there no leak or snippet of the song 'til this day?
normally we hear days or weeks before the release something.

well im not sure they do, alot of people wont go to those lengths for one song, whearas for a single they would, i think the album will sell quiet well, but a single would have sold like mad, and the album would still sell well with a single release from it, the two promote each other see, this is basic marketing skills, i think they wont make anymore money this way than releasing this is it as a single and then the album, infact, i think they could even make less the way they are doing it, but we wont know, as the single wont be released anyway
Well that's them like I said they know what they doing they know people want to see this it is and want to hear the new songs so they going to milk it for all it's worth , you have to buy the album as simple as that.

Back