SONY REFUSE TO RELEASE 'THIS IS IT' SINGLE : Feedback Form Inside

For me personally...I bought the CD...release date oct 27th.....for one reason....although I already have all the songs that could possibly be on there....I bought the CD to help support Michael....like I have always done...I just feel as though this may be my last chance. .......I hate sony!!!!.......But I love Michael......I also support his children....

For all that dont know what is on the CD...here take a look...

Product Description
This Is It features the music that inspired Sony Pictures' forthcoming film MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT.

Disc one will feature the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film. The disc ends with two versions of the never-released "This Is It." This song is featured in the film's closing sequence and includes backing vocals by Michael's brothers, the Jacksons.

Disc two offers previously unreleased versions of some of the artist's classic tracks. This disc also features a touching spoken word poem from Michael Jackson entitled "Planet Earth" that has never been heard before.

The two-disc This Is It is a stand-alone companion to the motion picture and includes a 36-page, commemorative booklet featuring exclusive photos of Michael from his last rehearsal.

People posting the tracklist in here n stuff!!! WHY!?! This isnt a spoiler thread. How inconsiderate!
Sorry. People did also announce the release date of "This is it" movie and "soundtrack". Please apologize us for this. We are deeply sorry
smiley.gif

This HONESTLY is rediculous. First this, now it comes out that the second disc of the "two disc soudntrack" is 4 tracks. FOUR. not even 4 new tracks with 10 tracks we already had on the ultimate collection. four.

i was going to buy the single on iTunes, as well as the album on iTunes and probably the album in stores.

NOW? I have no problem with downloading it. I'll get it in stores MAYBE. honestly sony: just stop f***in with me, make me wanna scream!

i knew they were in it for the money but this is sickening.

I WILL get the song the week of October 12. Mark my words

Good, then you will hopefully share it with the rest of us. Sony is making a big mistake, IMO. They are purposely doing that because they want us all to have to buy the whole CD just to get one song. I know, either buy it or don't, but it isn't fair of Sony to do that. Of course they want us all to buy the whole album, but it's still stupid of them to not release it as a single, and then the album.
And the album will NOT have live material on it. It's his hits that inspired the movie. :smilerolleyes:

apparently they will premiere it at midnight of the 12th on the website (presumably streaming). I will rip that and post it FOR SURE.

silly sony. they just DONT get it. they'd be the kind of company that sues fans...

And the album will NOT have live material on it. It's his hits that inspired the movie. :smilerolleyes:

I dont understand why people keep thinking it will have live tracks. It SPECIFICALLY SAYS "Studio Recordings". Its not live stuff. It's a greatest hits compilation with 6 new tracks. They're screwing us. Just like they have for years.

You'd think in michael's passing they'd stop screwing around... obviously they dont give a crap about music and care nothing about money, money, money.

This will be THE most illegally-shared single in the HIStory of music.

Sony... you stupid stupid idiots. This song needs to be, at the very least, on iTunes as a purchasable single immediately following the radio premieres on the 12th. By the time the 26th comes around, two weeks on, everyone will have the 'This Is It' single on their computer. Haha, Sony.

If they want money so bad they should release Bad Tour Wembley!

im still confused as to why sony still is realeasing stuff. michael's contract was up, was it not?

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/new...haeljacksoncom

SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT DISCLOSES
TRACKLISTING OF MICHAEL JACKSON ALBUM
THIS IS IT

NEW YORK, NY - At the stroke of 12 a.m. (midnight) EST on October 12th, a never-before released song from Michael Jackson - a single entitled "This Is It" - will be unveiled to the world on www.MichaelJackson.com. "This Is It," a brand new song, marks yet another exciting moment in music history for one of the world’s most revered artists; featuring backing vocals by Michael’s brothers The Jacksons, the song plays during the closing sequence of Sony Pictures' forthcoming film MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT and is on the 2-disc CD set Michael Jackson's This Is It, which is the stand-alone companion to the motion picture. The single artwork - a new photo of Michael taken recently at his Staples Center rehearsals - will also be disclosed.

SO WILL IT BE A SINGLE OR JUST AN ALBUM TRACK?!?!?

Sony release statements saying it will be a single, but insiders say it won't. Radio stations have no information about the song or if they'll receive promotional copies to play on air, HMV delete it from their website saying it won't be a single, yet here they say they'll disclose "single" artwork..

WHAT THE ~%$£ IS GOING ON?!?!

i think they call it a "single" but have no plans to release it AS a "single"

So will we see a single release after all? What else would this "single artwork" be for if you won't even be able to d/l the track individually on iTunes?

here is what i said to Sony.

Dear Sony,
We Michael Jackson fans are highly disappointed. The lack of new songs on this up coming album is, to say the least, heartbreaking. We know you're battle with Mr.Jackson and we also know how many songs Mr.Jackson has done for you. We fans do not want yet another greatest hits compilation. We love Michael with all our hearts but you are taking advantage of our love. You think that just because you slap Michael's name on something we will buy it. I, like all the other fans all over the world want something new. There are thousands of songs we have yet to hear and you are holding them. We miss Michael, We miss his voice, his smile and most of all we miss the whole package. His love will carry through his music but if you want money you might want to try letting some of his truly unreleased songs out. Fans are getting tired of buying the greatest hits no matter how many times you remaster them. I hope to hear back from you soon. Other wise we will know how much you care about his fans.

its really sad that they think they can treat us like this.

It was bloody fantastic, that's what! He sang live throughout (as far as I could tell) and the atmosphere was electrifying.

SONY is filled with a bunch of DUMB@$$ES!

Fans will be forced to DL the single illegally - moreso than they would if it was a single DL.....

what is wrong with those idiots? Give Michael another chance for a #1 single damnit!

if this is so i will just rip the single from youtube
im not giving sony a penny for previously released material
they are doing it to make more money from MJ
thats all it is now

MONEY MONEY MONEY we see those dollar signs in their eyes

SONY is filled with a bunch of DUMB@$$ES!

Fans will be forced to DL the single illegally - moreso than they would if it was a single DL.....

what is wrong with those idiots? Give Michael another chance for a #1 single damnit!

Agreed, and no doubt he would have been number one, He has young and old fans who would have flocked to buy it.

Oh well, I guess they do want people to be force-fed the album. One thing though - I didn't realise you could not buy single songs from an album on iTunes?

I didn't realise you could not buy single songs from an album on iTunes?

99% of the time you can, but some albums are "album only" and sometimes there are even individual songs from certain albums which you can only get by purchasing the whole album, while some other tracks from the same album are available individually (for example Prince's Song Of The Heart from the Happy Feet OST).

99% of the time you can, but some albums are "album only" and sometimes there are even individual songs from certain albums which you can only get by purchasing the whole album, while some other tracks from the same album are available individually (for example Prince's Song Of The Heart from the Happy Feet OST).

Well done for understanding my poorly constructed sentence/question :cheeky:

Is it confirmed that you cannot buy This is It seperately (i.e within the 99%)?

Here's the digital release info I got in my e-mail today.

Last edited:
I don't know if people understand what's this fuss all about? It is NOT about the fact we are getting a seventh greatest hits album this decade.

It's about the fact that Michael could easily be THE FIRST musician EVER to have a number one record in the US in 5 consecutive decades. It's something that will NOT be possible again for anyone... probably ever. And even though all it takes for this to happen is just to release a song of his this year, Michael is very likely going to miss out on this huge feat... that he would definitely appreciate.

And not because he didn't record music that is good enough... But because of bad marketing moves made by a record company called Sony.

I hate it. Michael cared about his records a lot and I think he would love for This Is It to come out as a single. He could've easily had a couple of hits in the '00s. May I mention Unbreakable, Whatever Happens, Butterflies and We've Had Enough...

Hear hear!

Sony are actually totally blocking Michael's chances of getting this record. Which is like sabotage IMHO. What harm would it do to release the single as well?....none at all. It would only help sales and discourage piracy.

Michael was always keen on sales figures and records especially The Guiness Book of Records.

It would not surprise me at all if he had TII planned for single release so he could add to his # 1's in consecutive decades.

I'm so shocked at Sony for doing this :(

I have to agree with the sentiment that NOT issuing it as a single is shooting themselves in the foot. I understand if they want money by having it ONLY on the CD ensures that those of us with 4 copies of thriller at home already will buy the soundtrack, but in the end its only going to piss people off and lead them to downloading via bittorrent.

if they had a digital CD, digital single, physical album, physical single, and VINYL I'd buy it all (just like I did with thriller 25, or coldplay's viva la vida) because it's worth it (though in this case... I cant help but feel shafted since I have the stuff already... but I'm a super fan). now that they've made it clear that this IS nothing but a money grab I'm very hesitant. a strong part of me doesn't want to support the album at all, but I want to support michael and make him number one again.

but that's EXACTLY what they are betting on. they know we fans will buy it no matter what.

its shameful really. and after seeing what little i'm getting i'm tempted to just say screw it. christmas is a few months away, and if someone gets it for me that way awesome. at this rate im sure the incuded book wont even be that great.

Buy the album everyone. Let's make MJ #1 again.

Back