SONY REFUSE TO RELEASE 'THIS IS IT' SINGLE : Feedback Form Inside

Buy the album everyone. Let's make MJ #1 again.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want MJ to be the top selling artist in 2009 and beyond!!

I love Taylor Swift, but she's can't trump MJ this year - her Fearless album is closing in on MJ.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want MJ to be the top selling artist in 2009 and beyond!!

I love Taylor Swift, but she's can't trump MJ this year - her Fearless album is closing in on MJ.

On THRILLER? I dont think so.

Nothing will ever out-sell thriller. People simply dont buy enough albums anymore.

So it's official? It says 'Digitally released'. Are they releasing it or not then? Why is this so confusing?

Yes. Did you not read the release notice? lol

All Access, Play MPE and Mediabase are all digital download services for people who work for radio and record labels.

Yet more confusion, lol... really hope we will get a single, but I fear that advert might just be for media outlets and not indicating a public release?

I have no other opinion, except to post this HOT picture of MJ:

arrlondon04.jpg

Thats the most sensible thing I've heard all night! lolol

Actually, single or no single, someone will leak it on to a download site so the rest of the speculation is purely academic! lol

I will buy the CD purely because I want to however I respect the opinions of those who do not want to.

Last edited:
This is getting weirder by the day. I so hope that there will be a single release.... If only in iTunes, all the fans will buy it and maybe more, so we can all get this song to the place it should be, Number 1 worldwide.....

I too want this song to be number 1 on billboard charts, I Know its wishful thinking in this day and age. But I have much faith that Mike can pull it off again, and I'm positive he will.

To add to the confusion...
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2272799/michael_jackson_s_this_is_it_a_sure.html?cat=33

"Michael Jackson's new single titled "This Is It " is going to be a big success at the charts and a No1. position on the charts is confirmed .Even though only a 43 second sneak peak was available for everyone to hear , they just love it."
"You can download the official single from http://www.michaeljackson.com on October 12th or you can wait for the album titled "This Is It " which will release later this month."

To add to the confusion...
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2272799/michael_jackson_s_this_is_it_a_sure.html?cat=33

"Michael Jackson's new single titled "This Is It " is going to be a big success at the charts and a No1. position on the charts is confirmed .Even though only a 43 second sneak peak was available for everyone to hear , they just love it."
"You can download the official single from http://www.michaeljackson.com on October 12th or you can wait for the album titled "This Is It " which will release later this month."

I think that article was written by a fan

They need to release it as a single, it makes no sense not to (well it does - because Sony would rather get people spending £10 on an album full of songs we already have than people buying the single for 79p from itunes)

They need to release it as a single, it makes no sense not to (well it does - because Sony would rather get people spending £10 on an album full of songs we already have than people buying the single for 79p from itunes)

Again - they are more than likely to release it - but maybe in November/December on Itunes at the US $ 1.29 premium price.

What they don't understand is that people will be illegally file-sharing like CRAZY between the time it's released and the 27th October.

I wrote to them to release it on itunes..dang!! these Sony people..What happen to Sony Japan cant they release it if US dont want to?

It looks like there definately won't be a single release... the official site says "exclusively available on the forthcoming album" :( Very disappointed.

I think Sony was *clever* (if that's the the closest word that comes to my mind to describe it) for not releasing This is it as a single, because they probably figured out that when we heard it and realised that it's just a very old song, a demo, not finished with the brothers adding their voices over it after MJ's passing... the fans would be angry and decide to not buy the single to show their anger and just wait for the album..

Does that make sense?

I would have loved a NEW song that we could have put #1 so Michael would have had 40 years of #1s...

I think Sony was *clever* (if that's the the closest word that comes to my mind to describe it) for not releasing This is it as a single, because they probably figured out that when we heard it and realised that it's just a very old song, a demo, not finished with the brothers adding their voices over it after MJ's passing... the fans would be angry and decide to not buy the single to show their anger and just wait for the album..

Does that make sense?

I would have loved a NEW song that we could have put #1 so Michael would have had 40 years of #1s...

no, because the only reason to buy the album is for the single anyway, it makes no sense

no, because the only reason to buy the album is for the single anyway, it makes no sense

aren't there gonna be demos and another version of TII song on it? I think it makes sense... Instead of buying the same old song twice (single ans album) we buy it just once to show Sony our feeling for us.
Personally, I would have bought the single just to have a ''collector'' but since it's an old song unfinished, I prefer it not to be released. But it makes me incredibly sad that it maybe means Michael not having 40 years of #1s.

Just downloaded the single through PlayMPE. 3 tracks.

1. Orchestra Single Version 3:43
2. Album Version 3:37
3. Edited Orchestra Version 4:39

Back