Reuters, Yahoo & TMZ: AllGood Ent Threatens To Stop O2 Concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TMZ: Michael's London Shows In Jeopardy

Wait a minute, there are a lot of things going on with this article.

First of all, why is this the first time we are hearing that there "was" a signed deal for a Jackson Family Tour. I mean, as soon as the deal was signed, wouldn't "All Good Entertainment" have made a BIG announcement.

Secondly, when Tito was recently on a television program in the U.K., he spoke of "maybe" being invited on stage with MJ at the O2? So my question is, why didn't Tito say anything about the supposed "family tour." How come Janet hasn't said anything about a "family tour?" HOW COME JOE JACKSON HASN'T SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A FAMILY TOUR?" And what about BIG MOUTH Jermaine (no disrespect to Jermaine), he has been talking about a "family tour" for a million years, yet he has not said a word.

Something smells fishy to me. Too many missing pieces regarding a Jackson Family Tour, that nobody knows about, until now.

Also, MJ had his press conference in March, it's now May, and they are just now sending out a cease & desist letter.

Has anybody every heard of an orgainization named "All Good Entertainment."

Good points! But if I recall, Michael Jackson put out a statement around Nov/Dec 08 stating that he would not be doing any kind of tour with his brothers. I hope someone can find and post that statement. I'm assuming that's when all the behind the scenes deal making was going on.

Be that as it may, Michael's management needs to sort this and sort this out immediately.

:doh: why his business is so a huge mess, why he can't sign deal by his own I'm so desapointed and sad

It's very unlikely the shows will be cancelled. It's more likely that, if this is true, the sides will get together and work out an agreement.

It just pisses me off that his own GD family would do this to him. Yeah, maybe MJ did have someone sign that contract, but work this ish out privately. Hold a negotiation or mediation session. What good is there for doing this in public? To shame your own brother into getting a higher settlement? He probably wasn't going to ever tour with them before, and he almost certainly won't now.

It's also a bit strange that this is just now coming to light. I'm assuming AEG must have scoured MJ's past contracts before entering into a deal with him. It may well be that they knew this was coming. Either way...

:puke

This is just a general question, but IF Frank DiLeo were in fact MJ's manager, wouldn't he have made some type of announcement? Is Frank the type of guy who just stays in the background?

Wouldn't we have seen him out FRONT and maybe even heard from him instead of Dr. Tohme?

I mean, all during the Julien's Auction situation, we NEVER heard from Frank, not one peep. Wouldn't he have had some type of input regarding the Auction doings?

Stop getting your knickers in a twist, you're making everyone else panic!

The world of michael jackson sux, be a madonna fan she is more reliable

:lol:

I Michaels own family are stoping his comeback then I am never going to support any of them ever again but TMZ is really tabouid in my opiniont and why would Tito say that he is hoping the brother might join him in the shows like in this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63057
Isn´t there anyone we can contact to check this out beofre we panic?

Some members really make me hopeful over here and some people just freak me out and panic me...ahh..

Good points! But if I recall, Michael Jackson put out a statement around Nov/Dec 08 stating that he would not be doing any kind of tour with his brothers. I hope someone can find and post that statement. I'm assuming that's when all the behind the scenes deal making was going on.

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebr...ackson-squashes-rumors-of-a-jackson-5-tour/1/

Alas, Michael Jackson quickly debunked the reunion talk.

"My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences," the King of Pop said in a statement released by his rep, identified as "Dr. Tohme." "But at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them."

"I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon," he continued.

jeez relax.
let it just be true. but noone can cancell those concerts. it would be a big shame and very ridiculous. we fans have spent somuch money. the tickets, the flight, the hotel. if those concerts get cancelled, there will never ever be a new tour or a concert from MJ, never!
this would be his social and financially ruin! they just CANT cancell the concerts. o2 as well wont allow that. all the moeny jeez -.-

Panic attacks won't help anything. Just have to wait it out and see if it's real, if they work out a deal or how they plan to undo the damage done.

Patience folks.

old statement

michael jackson squashes rumors of a jackson 5 tour

originally posted friday october 31, 2008 07:30 am edt

tiiquigowritead(757767, 1348106, 180, 240, -1);
don't believe the hype!

Jermaine jackson made headlines earlier this week, when he hinted that the original members of the jackson 5 were ready for a comeback album and tour.

Alas, michael jackson quickly debunked the reunion talk.

"my brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences," the king of pop said in a statement released by his rep, identified as "dr. Tohme." "but at this time i have no plans to record or tour with them."

"i am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that i look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon," he continued.

jackson has been "in l.a. Working ... And meeting with people like will.i.am," confirmed one music source, adding, "from what i hear, it's going really well."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20237112,00.html

So what if AOL owns them. My issue is that they are tabloid. And if there is a cease and desist notice, then they should post it. Not just claim it exists.

Nevertheless, didn't we say all along that the media is gonna be on a poo pooing campaign against Michael's tour all the way up to July 8th? This aint the worst of it. They are gonna release rumour after rumour after rumour until his feet hit the stage. They already told us that he is too weak and frail to perform, fell down at rehearsals, etc. What else are they gonna tell us?

One thing is certain to me though....if his brothers are behind this in anyway, I can clearly see why Michael won't give them the time of day. They act like they own him. They treat him like a cash cow. He is not their bank. He is a human being that has his own life and it is about time the rest of the Jackson's realize that and let him go.

Can't wait til Prince, Paris and Blanket grow up and tell all of em to beat it!

So, are people here certain that there is some truth to this? I haven't a clue what to think...

:bugeyedOne more shocking trash.I don't know but AEG wud have known about MJ's contracts before signing him for such a huge concert series.Millions of AEG will be at stake if any piece of this is true.And AEG can't let it happen cuz it will be bad for reputation of both MJ and AEG.
But I guess time will tell:timer:

So, are people here certain that there is some truth to this? I haven't a clue what to think...

It's too early to draw a opinion yet - we have little to no facts presented as of yet. Even when the documents show up they don't tell everything I'm sure.

Gotta find some calming patience :yes:

I Michaels own family are stoping his comeback then I am never going to support any of them ever again but TMZ is really tabouid in my opiniont and why would Tito say that he is hoping the brother might join him in the shows like in this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63057
Isn´t there anyone we can contact to check this out beofre we panic?

I know someone on my myspace friend list.. I'll msg and ask him*
He is close to the Jackson Family:yes:

It's too early to draw a opinion yet - we have little to no facts presented as of yet. Even when the documents show up they don't tell everything I'm sure.

Gotta find some calming patience :yes:

*passes around yoga mats with Momz* :)

I feel like these shows just.. can't be canceled. That would look SO bad for everyone involved. "Michael did it on purpose cuz he's simply not got it anymore!" Everything you could imagine would come out if they canceled.

Wait a minute, there are a lot of things going on with this article.

First of all, why is this the first time we are hearing that there "was" a signed deal for a Jackson Family Tour. I mean, as soon as the deal was signed, wouldn't "All Good Entertainment" have made a BIG announcement.

Secondly, when Tito was recently on a television program in the U.K., he spoke of "maybe" being invited on stage with MJ at the O2? So my question is, why didn't Tito say anything about the supposed "family tour." How come Janet hasn't said anything about a "family tour?" HOW COME JOE JACKSON HASN'T SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A FAMILY TOUR?" And what about BIG MOUTH Jermaine (no disrespect to Jermaine), he has been talking about a "family tour" for a million years, yet he has not said a word.

Something smells fishy to me. Too many missing pieces regarding a Jackson Family Tour, that nobody knows about, until now.

Also, MJ had his press conference in March, it's now May, and they are just now sending out a cease & desist letter.

Has anybody every heard of an orgainization named "All Good Entertainment."

Someone commented that it is the concert company that is suing, not Michael's brothers. (Far be it from me to defend them though)

ALL GOOD ENTERTAINMENT LAVOT MCDANIEL 1717 ANZAC AV COMPTON 90222 30-Apr-09

Should the name Lavot McDaniel sound familiar to me? Because somehow it does.

http://www.allgoodconcerts.com/aboutus.html
Here is their bio:

Founded in 2002, AllGood Entertainment, Inc. is a promoter of live concert events which feature international acts ranging in ethnic diversity from rock acts, adult contemporary artists and comedians to Latin, R&B, Hip-Hop, Reggaeton and Old School artists.

By June of 2004, AllGood Entertainment, Inc. was operating in six diverse areas: (a) Pop/Rock (b) Latin American music and comedy, (c) Urban Music, (d) Adult Contemporary, (e) Comedy and (f) Youth Bands. Each area has separate partnerships and independent financial alliances.

The Latin American music and comedy ventures will focus primarily on expanding already existing alliances that were formed during two recent successful promotions in Elizabeth, New Jersey and Dover, New Jersey -- two cities with large Latino populations. The goal is to tour several prominent Latin artists internationally throughout Latin America and to continue promoting shows in the New York metropolitan market. There are three strategic partners that have proven invaluable over the past six months in broadening our reach into the Latin market: WPAT FM 93.1 Amore', Melly Mell Productions, Inc. and The Ritz Theater. In the upcoming months, we will be co-promoting with these entities in order to bolster our presence in the Latin market.

The Urban Market represents both the past and the very bright future of AllGood Entertainment, Inc. All Good has its roots firmly planted in the black community. In 2003, AllGood promoted major live events featuring the "Godfather of Soul", James Brown, Earth Wind and Fire, a New York CD 101.9 FM Jazz series -- Pieces of a Dream, Marion Meadows, Grammy Winner Dave Samuels and The Caribean Jazz Project and Angela Bofill. In 2004, AllGood forged a local alliance with a New York based urban concert promotion company. This alliance moved AllGood into four major profit centers within the black communnity: Hip-Hop, R&B, Old School and Gospel. This alliance produced together the 98.7 Kiss FM presents...The Temptations and Bobby Womack, at New York's Beacon Theater and The Ritz Theater in Elizabeth, NJ. Hip Hop is one of the fastest growing urban segments and AllGood is partnering with Mateo Productions to promote events in that segment. Such events include album release parties and after concert parties for Missy Elliott, 50-Cent with G-Unit, Jim Jones and Beanie Sigel.

The Smooth Jazz ventures will be a continuation of our existing alliances with Live at Nite and Smooth Jazz station, CD 101.9 FM New York (Emmis Communications). We will continue to book acts that are consistent with the radio station's format in the New York metro area.

The youth acts will be pursued through two separate strategic partnerships: (a) Radio Disney and (b) Lollypop Productions (Puerto Rico); In December, 2005, we opened our San Juan office with Lollypop Productions. AllGood has previously co-promoted a successful holiday teen show with Radio Disney at The New Ritz Theater in Elizabeth, New Jersey featuring teen stars, Brooke Hogan, Jesse McCartney, Greg Raposo, Stevie Brock, Natural, LaLaine, Hulk Hogan and Lyndsay Lohan, now featured in the hit film, "Mean Girls." In 2005, AllGood has promoted major teen stars which include the star of Disney's "That's So Raven," Raven-Symone, the star of the TV series, "Summerland," Jesse McCartney and the star of Nickolodeon's "Romeoland," Lil Romeo.

In 2005, AllGood expanded its operations into three international markets: Bogata, Colombia (SA), Trinidad and Tobago, and Puerto Rico. The Puerto Rico venture was ushered in with a sold-out show for Disney's Raven-Symone. In June 2007, AllGood promoted the sold-out Bon Jovi concert at the Coliseo de Puerto Rico.

The first year triumph, Tobago Jazz/Music Festival, yielded more than 20,000 people for a sold-out performance by Stevie Wonder, Babyface, Natalie Cole, Angie Stone, India Arie and many local acts. AllGood will continue to expand its influence in both domestic and international markets. promoted the sold-out international mega band
More than 24,000 people turned out for the 2006 Second Annual Plymouth Jazz Festival (April 21, 22, 23) which boasted Sting as its headliner along with an acclaimed international line-up of recording greats including Stevie Wonder, P. Diddy, Vanessa Williams, Natalie Cole, Patti Labelle, Doug E. Fresh and Najee.

In 2007, after selling out Puerto Rico's Coliseo de Puerto Rico with Bon Jovi, AllGood announced that it will expand its Latin America touring operations to encompass all of Latin America. In addition, AllGood has commenced operations in the United Arab Emirates, India and South Africa.

In its first five years, AllGood has achieved a global presence in the live concert business in the United States, Latin America, Caribbean (Puerto Rico and Trinidad/Tobago), Middle East and India.

if you remembered his family already do this 2 time the first was for a Corean concert and the second one was for the jackson family honor, they had signed deal included mj but mj never agree.
I just hope the one you sign this deal for him has no legal power I truly hope

I await a statement from Michael to clear this shit up.

Be that as it may, Michael's management needs to sort this and sort this out immediately.

I agree. Somebody around that was doing some mess. And I suspected something like this would happen. But I was hoping I was wrong. What makes it sound fishy to me is that the cease and desist order took two months to be issued when it could have taken at least a week or at the most, two. This is terrible. Just when things seem to be ready to go, some stupid and completely unnecessary ish has to come up and spoil it.

It doesn't matter if TMZ got a document or not. The accusation is that Frank DiLeo signed Michael up for a tour that involves his brothers and his sister Janet. The accusation is that a cease and desist letter was sent to AEG and to Michael. If this isn't true, then all will be denied and the story will disappear off of TMZ's site. If it's true then you will not see a quick denial as AEG and Michael's "management" are scrambling to solve the issue.

Thanks to all that posted the statement from Michael via Tohme. Things are starting to make more sense. Looks as if we have too many reps doing too many things all at the same time.

Good job EC!

I checked out their website also, but there is not mention of an upcoming Jackson Family Tour.

Seems to me, their front page would reflect something as big as a Jackson Family Tour, which would include Janet AND Michael. I mean, they should be screaming that information from the mountain top, in my opinion.

Look, I think it's important that we all recognize that cancelling these concerts does not do any potential side any good. Even if there is an 18 month clause, that clause doesn't say anything about MJ having to tour with his own brothers in that span. What good would be accomplished, then, by forcing your brother (the $$$maker) to not have these concerts?

With that in mind, these concerts will go on. Michael just may end up losing a bit of money or the fans may end up losing their lunch by being forced to watch Jermaine open for MJ.

I sent an email to one of the contact email adresses for the O2 arena. I will post if I get a reply.

if you remembered his family already do this 2 time the first was for a Corean concert and the second one was for the jackson family honor, they had signed deal included mj but mj never agree.
I just hope the one you sign this deal for him has no legal power I truly hope
Exactly. They screwed MJ up all the time. What kind of family is that?? And tell me who wants to see the Jackson brothers??????
Why don't they just go ahead themselves with their sisters?
and MJ doing his own solo tour?

plus i think if the concert was'nt going to happen, im sure they would annoucs it.

Good job EC!

I checked out their website also, but there is not mention of an upcoming Jackson Family Tour.

Seems to me, their front page would reflect something as big as a Jackson Family Tour, which would include Janet AND Michael. I mean, they should be screaming that information from the mountain top, in my opinion.

I agree. What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back