Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't believe it - on the same day I booked a week off work... argh, I'll have to change it... Thanks for letting us know. Btw, people it could be worse! He hasn't cancelled. x

i think ppl saying shows will be cancelled next or having such a negative attitude is really very inane.

please, only the first four shows have been moved. and this for an extra week of preperation. Mr. Jackson is a perfectionist and obviously he himself must have been encouraged this...or suggested it in the first place himself.

i hate it how ppl are suddenly being all mean and sarcastic.....

we are attending the greatest show on this planet...

what else do you want?

yet having said that....i do feel for the ppl with the plane ticket dead ends.

-,'- life is unfair i guess

only 4 shows in this case means 80.000 tickets!
Fans have a right to be angry/dissapointed.
This should not have happened, theys should have done a better preparation.
there are people missing out on the show now, i can not imagine how they must feel now.

man i just was talking yesterday to my friend that MJ has this trend always

Your friend made a sweeping statement. Michael has not always made dates then cancelled them. This is the first time Michael has ever delayed the started of his tour. Michael Jackson has in the past with his Bad, Dangrous and History tours always been very professional. The only time dates were cancelled was on the Dangerous tour due to ill heath, but the opening concert of the tour in Munich went ahead. So there is no trend as far as tours go

This change is schedule is a first, and one of the reasons fans who have tickets for the opening concerts are so angry.

I understand some people are very upset, but there will be NO attacking Michael here. At this point in time we really lack the information about exactly WHAT did not go according to schedule. Be respectful, please.

Next, they'll tell us the shows are cancelled.......
because of a few rescheduled dates? too much drama up in here. i shudder to think what would happen in the "community" when a show or two really do get cancelled (which is not at all an unlikely possibility).

I think this is when we should look upon Michael as a human being and not as Michael Jackson our idol. I think commenting Michael on this doesn't make you any of a less fan, we must not forget that Michael Jackson is a human and not god and that we actually shouldn't think that Michael is not to blame for this, just because he's Michael Jackson and you are his fan.

I seriously cant believe this is happening. It's unprofessional that they hadn't start planning a major even like this way earlier. Being in this bussines for such a long time, they should have known better.The whole back up dancers auditions have just ended..two months before the concerts. When they were making the announcements Michael was going to perform again, they already should have picked their dancers, picked out the costumes and who is going to perform at the O2 before Michael will and how much time they will have left to rehearse or setting up the stage or any other events in London that might harm the performances.

I know Michael is probably working his butt off, but it kinda annoys me that I saw more pictures of him shopping around than him arriving at rehearsels.

I'm lucky that I hadn't my plane ticket yet, but I really do feel sorry for others that did, esp. the ones that are left to explain their children.

I know this isn't just Michaels fault, but I do think that he should have taken more responsibility in this. As someone that has been around this industry for over 45 years, he must have known that it is almost impossible to plan a show like this big, in such a small amount of time.

I'm not mad, just really disappointed and hope MICHAEL(not his team), will make a public statement regarding this.

A bit unfair to say he should have been rehearsing instead of shopping. If I'm not mistaken Randy Phillips clearly said rehearsals were going on as scheduled even while we heard rumors of possibly rescheduling dates. And those rescheduling rumors seemed to be more about technical things involving equipment, not necessarily dancing. And if certain tricks or stunts need to be practiced, it would be impossible to rehearse anything like that if the equipment he'll be using isn't constructed yet...and/or won't be until later. He will need the time to practice on that stuff before he uses it.

I cant go in March... :(
Now what to do? :(

You can either sell your ticket, give it away or keep it as a souvenier. Or you can trade it for another show you can go to. Someone on here may be able to go in March but can't go any other time. :flowers:

I hope everyone is able to sort out their accomodations. This has to have been my biggest fear for this tour; that a date would get postponed or cancelled and fans would be out of non-refundable/non-transferable accomondations. I'm still scared actually. lol

who knows.maybe the announcement on australian TV IS australian shows to try and get SOME positive news out there in this aweful time..
I hope so.
SOMEONE needs good news.

oh dear god....

the disprespect some people are displaying towards michael is just....

well...

completely and totally horrendous.

oh dear god....

well...

This happens often, fans freaking out and attacking Michael. They'll get over it eventually. Right now people are upset. I don't think fans should solely blame Michael for this fiasco though. I think that's unfair and jumping the gun. Why not wait until more details are revealed at the press conference or in an official statement before burning all your MJ albums and posters. It's not like MJ is putting the shows together by himself, it takes a whole team, therefore you can't only blame him. I get it, this situation sucks and people have every right to be upset, but no need to attack Michael only especially when none of us know all the details.

If anyone has 2 tickets in B2 for 1 March 2010 i have 2 tickets for July 16th (B2) (i had tickets for 12/14/and 16 july) but since 12 and 14 are cancelled :( i can't afford to travel to London 2 times

what I dont understand is why July 8th shows were moved to July 13th, and 12th July shows were moved to March 2010! Surely it makes more sense to move the 12th July shows to the 13th July. I think it would have helped to reduce the impact it had on the fans who have already booked flights and accomodation for the 12th.

It would be a good idea for forum officials to make a thread giving suggestions on how some fans may recoup some expenses. I see some fans have already gotten some good results; sharing is caring :).lol.

And this is not a trend for MJ and different from all other personal stuff. His tours and concerts are pretty much dependable based on his past records.

Luckily I am not affected at all (so far...) July 26th. I wouldnt be at all surprised if more concerts were pushed back. The deadline always seemed totally unrealistic and still does! Which brings me to my point...

How exactly is 5 extra days going to help that much for a show of this huge scale?
Who knows maybe it will if they work all day and all night but still seems very fishy.

I must admit my concerns grew weeks ago of all those pictures of Michael out and about shopping and so on, why was he not at the rehersals? You would think with hardly 3 months to go for a show that his team has admitted is huge, he would be working most of time, and to make it more odd there were more "outings" after he announced the shows that before!

My deepest regards to all affected so far, I feel awful for you and has certainly put a damper on my high spirits about the whole thing :(

oh dear god....

well...

Michael shouldn't have entered a contract to play these concerts if something like not having enough rehearsal time, pre-booked concerts was to disrupt things like this.

As simple as that.

I think this is when we should look upon Michael as a human being and not as Michael Jackson our idol. I think commenting Michael on this doesn't make you any of a less fan, we must not forget that Michael Jackson is a human and not god and that we actually shouldn't think that Michael is not to blame for this, just because he's Michael Jackson and you are his fan.

I seriously cant believe this is happening. It's unprofessional that they hadn't start planning a major even like this way earlier. Being in this bussines for such a long time, they should have known better.The whole back up dancers auditions have just ended..two months before the concerts. When they were making the announcements Michael was going to perform again, they already should have picked their dancers, picked out the costumes and who is going to perform at the O2 before Michael will and how much time they will have left to rehearse or setting up the stage or any other events in London that might harm the performances.

I know Michael is probably working his butt off, but it kinda annoys me that I saw more pictures of him shopping around than him arriving at rehearsels.

I'm lucky that I hadn't my plane ticket yet, but I really do feel sorry for others that did, esp. the ones that are left to explain their children.

I know this isn't just Michaels fault, but I do think that he should have taken more responsibility in this. As someone that has been around this industry for over 45 years, he must have known that it is almost impossible to plan a show like this big, in such a small amount of time.

I'm not mad, just really disappointed and hope MICHAEL(not his team), will make a public statement regarding this.
I agree. With respect we can show our opinions in this forums. We are not less fans because we are upset with these organisation problems..

It's unfortunate but things had to happen. Some fans find it hard but 5 days is a lot when itcomes to logistics.

I'm sure these things have been addressed in great detail and MJ could not just cancel shows because he wanted to perfect something. AEG could not accept the sheer logistics of rescheduling just for perfection and minor things.

This is definitely major and this must have been as a result of several meetings. For those trying to give RF credit, that guy only gets half-baked information and reports it. Someone definitely leaked him information about discussions for recheduling and he reported it. That doesn't mean he was credible.

It's like a board discussing something before they decide to go one way or another. If they had chosen not to cancel, RF would not be credible. What these columnists do is to report on any half-baked information that comes there way, and if a decidion goes that way, you then begin calling them credible sources when they are not.

Anyway, the decision was not made lightly as some fans may be led to believe and the level of planning for such a thing is so pressurrised, the logistics so extensive that any time they can buy is like gold. Each day between now and July 8th must have been fully crammed with stuff to do and deadlines to meet that they had to create time from somewhere.

Another option would be to cram many concerts at the start one day after the other, butthat would deny MJ rest, imperil successive shows, something the insurance would not accept as it increases the risk of cancellations.

Those who have missed the first dates, console yourselves, have a rest, you will recover.
As for the media, they don't matter, these shows will go ahead and will be a success, infact i prefer this happening now as the media are busy trying to find any reason why the shows should fail, this deflates the excess pressure being put on MJ with the media ready to pounce at anything. Let them pounce. The shows are sold out, what the media say or what people say doesn't change anything - They will happen.

Another thing that shows great thought was put into it, was the effort not to dissapoint the very first people booked to see the very first show, because initially when i saw this, i thought it unfair that they would be pushed to March 2010, but atleast that was reset as the first show. This was arrived at following extensive meetings during which time some lowlife leaked info to another lowlife, RF.

The question each fan that is upset should ask themselves is, if you were MJ and were putting on the last concert of your career, would you want to start with a substandard production?

okay. this is VERY UPSETTING for those affected. But we must CALM DOWN!
I understand that many people have lost alot of money over this but don't throw a lifetime of fandom away on this. It is not good or pleasing but it is what it is.
Please wait to hear the full explanation of the circumstances. Don't jump the gun.

This happens often, fans freaking out and attacking Michael. They'll get over it eventually. Right now people are upset. I don't think fans should solely blame Michael for this fiasco though. I think that's unfair and jumping the gun. Why not wait until more details are revealed at the press conference or in an official statement before burning all your MJ albums and posters. I get it, this situation sucks, but no need to attack Michael only especially when none of us know all the details.

This is correct. The situation sucks AND we do NOT know the details yet, or exactly who/what is at fault.

Carry on,

Vic

Michael shouldn't have entered a contract to play these concerts if something like not having enough rehearsal time, pre-booked concerts was to disrupt things like this.

As simple as that.

I think it's about technical stuff though, having that all worked through alright. That is said to be the issue. If it really is about that, and having everything in place and THEN being able to do proper tech rehearsals, then yes, a few days is a world of difference.

HAVE YOU LOST TICKETS, FLIGHTS AND HOTEL ON THOSE DATES?
Don't preach if you didn't!

My god people.

yea i know alot of you have made plans and plane tickets, bought in advance and everything but sh!t happens. Yes you all have a right to feel like your being screwed but in reality you are not. These dates are being pushed back for a reason. It may not be Anything to do with Michael it actually might be something to due with the subway or "tube" line. Or it may be a case of jumping the gun a bit. But Insulting Michael wont solve anything and it sure as hell wont help if people get drastic and join the haters. Dates get pushed back it happends but you cant be this dramatic about it.

If the some new this would happen great good for you, pat yourselves on the back because you knew this would happen. You had no faith:clapping: way to go.

If you cant wait for the shows to be up to michaels standereds then i dont know what to tell you. in all honesty he probably doesnt have time to rehearse it all. come on there is like 48 days until the concert. Do you think the dancers would have been ready? Do you think Michael would have been ready? Do you even think that the SET would have been ready? If you do then you must think Michael is some kind of magician. Give the man some time.

For those of you who have had your dates pushed back. I really am sorry that you have to work out some sort of compramise. I hope all works out for you. But do try and stay calm. Not everything runs smothly. Even the calmest lake has waves.:mello: yea something like that

A few days makes a world of difference (to those saying what difference can FIVE WHOLE days make.lol).

what I dont understand is why July 8th shows were moved to July 13th, and 12th July shows were moved to March 2010! Surely it makes more sense to move the 12th July shows to the 13th July. I think it would have lessened the impact it had on the fans who have already booked flights and accomodation for the 12th.

My guess is becuz July 8th is opening night and they didn't want to reschedule that date back til March. Lots of ppl specifically wanted opening night so maybe AEG didnt' want to inconvenience those attendees most of all. The only problem with that, of course, is that just as MJ needs 5 more days, some fans' schedules will change in those 5 days and they won't be able to make the 13th date for various reasons.

It would be a good idea for forum officials to make a thread giving suggestions on how some fans may recoup some expenses. I see some fans have already gotten some good results; sharing is caring :).lol.

And this is not a trend for MJ and different from all other personal stuff. His tours and concerts are pretty much dependable based on his past records.
Good idea.

Advice to start off with: If you've booked your stay DIRECTLY with the hotel, try emailing them to see if they can reschedule or cancel without additional costs. When you book through travel agencies this might not be possible but usually when you book directly you have a good chance to get your money back :yes:

what I dont understand is why July 8th shows were moved to July 13th, and 12th July shows were moved to March 2010! Surely it makes more sense to move the 12th July shows to the 13th July. I think it would have helped to reduce the impact it had on the fans who have already booked flights and accomodation for the 12th.

Because this would be unfair for fans who had planned on going to the opening night on the 8th. This is why it was arranged this way, to accommodate for fans who have tickets for the opening.

some have a cancelation period anyway i would email them you might be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back