Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows [All threads merged]

I can understand the outrage and the situation but I cannot understand the personal insults to MJ. Those are uncalled for.

Personal insults to Michael pathetic. Bu all mean critcise Michael not being professional in the timing of his rehearsals etc which have lead to the rescheduling, because I agree with fans who are angry in that level. But some fans on Michael's offcial site have been calling him an as*hole, w*nker and saying he thinks he god. I'd say those fans aren't actaully fans because they are obviously very fickle.

Its quite simply the fault of Michael and his team.
I dont hate any of them but i am dissappointed at this moment.

That's very true. I'm not effected by the change of these concert dates, but I'm disapointed how unprofessional preperations are for these concerts. All fans want is to see Michael sing and dance, it's that simple. There is no need for a huge stage production, which seems to be the reason for the rescheduling of the opening concerts.

O.K. this is my last comment about this issue:

Dear fans - I can understand what you are feeling, I know that this is very disappointing for you all.
And I know how much you angry about all this situation.

But listen, I don't think that it will help you to say over and over again: "this is not fair" or worst: blaming Michael for this.

This is the situation - so deal with that. 'Cause probably it's not going to change, right?

I hope you are not going to give up or something...
Please think hard before you're doing something stupid.

This is it.

I have 2 questions:
Why in the site of Michaeljacksonlive.com and O2.com the new of dates postponed does not exist?
Why in the site of Ticketmaster the tickets for Thriller Hospitality Package are still for sale?

Dear Michael, Kenny Ortega, Ticketmaster and AEG:

This is shIT!!!!!

I have a lucky break. I could change the date for my plane ticket. And the return date was a special offer for €0,00. Combined with the fee I have to pay for my change, it will only cost me €16,44 extra. I only travel back later now, but I am very lucky with this.

I must say I really feel for everyone who travels from a greater distance, and booked longer periods of time and really get in trouble now. I really hope something can be done!

I am aware that quite a few posts more posts will be on this thread by the time this one is, so if it sounds like I am countering your point or making you angry, I apologise in advance.

First, I would just like to say that I am terribly sorry for the thousands affected in todays events. I understand that you may have to re-arrange flights/hotels or maybe cancel the bookings altogether. I can see your reasoning behind this.

People should stop trying to defend Michael by getting angry at those complaining. They have a right to express their opinion when it affects them in such a way as this. They may have spent thousands of pounds/dollars only to see it slide down the drain in front of them. They don't need people telling them to 'get over it' or to stop 'blaming Michael'. Just think about what would happen if YOU were in the same position. Forgiving and forgetting isn't easy when it's over sums of money like that.

The fans who have lost out can't be expected to be exactly joyous. Maybe their thoughts are a little over-the-top but that can be expected. For some people it is their first time seeing Michael and they may now have to wait until March or maybe even not go. I know I wouldn't be happy if all of this happened to me.

Michael is a perfectionist. And while he (in my opinion) cancelled the first shows because he didn't have a choice. Things just won't be ready by then. Nothing is set in stone in the Music Industry.

I apologise again if it sounds like I am being a tad harsh on those who have lost out. But you have to understand that Jackson wants it to be spectacular. If you can re-arrange the dates/flight/hotels then I am happy for you but if you can no longer attend then you have my deepest sympathy.

Thanks.

I really feel for people that will lose money due to non refundable plane tickets etc. I can totally understand that you are sad and disappointed and angry. I would be really upset too.
However, we have to realise that MJ would not have wanted anyone to feel this way.
The re scheduling would have been a last resort and not a decision to be taken lightly. He probably fought to keep the dates as they were but he cant control everyone else involved in the production- if the set and everything associated with it was not going to be ready then he had no choice but to wait till it would be.
People have said that they would rather go to less than perfect concert on time than be re scheduled. But think about this- if his opening nights were not up to scratch can you imagine the slating he'd get from the press?! Would you want that for MJ?
MJ is going to get enough grief about this from others; he doesnt need it from his fans too.
We should support him and believe in him, and trust that this was not something he wanted.
I know its very upsetting for people that have to wait till March but try to see the positive side- at least you will still see him, and those that are going to the last dates will have the added bonus of seeing him on his closing night.
I know that even if he cancelled the entire tour I would still love him and be a fan. I would believe in my heart that he had good reasons. But he is not cancelling, he is rescheduling 4 dates out of 50. So a little perspective is needed I think.
MJ is going to be feeling bad about this and getting s**t for it, so we as his fans need to be there to show our support and understanding, not joining in the haters to tear him down.

man i just was talking yesterday to my friend that MJ has this trend always, i am not surprised, but i am pissed from the fact that i booked everything and i can't get a holiday anytime i want.....................................

Next, they'll tell us the shows are cancelled.......

I have hard to believe that with all the money already invested in this - but I wouldn't be surprised if more confusing and irritating stuff will appear on the way.

It's extremely amateurish and hasty of AEG (or whoever) to have such a rush pushing out tickets when the show isn't even planned enough.

don't say they will get cancelled! things can only get better. just as things were going well. hmm, i am so sorry for you who are affected. but this can't result in the whole thing cancelling, right? God i am so upset/confused/angry :(

Firstly i would like to apologize for my outburst i shouldn't have said the things i did.

And i'm sorry if i offended anyone but i still feel very upset and let down by all of this .

i think ppl saying shows will be cancelled next or having such a negative attitude is really very inane.

please, only the first four shows have been moved. and this for an extra week of preperation. Mr. Jackson is a perfectionist and obviously he himself must have been encouraged this...or suggested it in the first place himself.

i hate it how ppl are suddenly being all mean and sarcastic.....

we are attending the greatest show on this planet...

what else do you want?

yet having said that....i do feel for the ppl with the plane ticket dead ends.

-,'- life is unfair i guess

The fact is, we don't KNOW yet exactly what happened. Regardless, this is hugely disruptive and expensive for fans. To put on a production like this is a little like building a house? Anyone who has worked in or around construction knows that everyone can be doing his/her part and then a blockage can develop by ANYONE involved in the process, that delays the whole enterprise. We don't KNOW yet exactly what happened. . . . .

People, Just wanted to reiterate

We have allowed the rules to be flexed a little in this thread only however I will not tolerate fans attacking fans and michael,

Other than that let out some steam.

Sorry but isn't this MJ's fault?

I'm guessing the show must be really something insane, i'm sure they outweighed the two options: 1. Do the worst and reschedule the dates and keep the whole show intact, 2. alter the show to fit the set schedule. They obviously know the impact of rescheduling and so they must feel the scope of the show is worth it. I'm sure this wasn't some haphazzard decision. It's been reported that this information has been circulating for a while, so they really did take their time to think about it.

Personally though, I am of the opinion that they started way too late on this venture. Michael and his team just have to deal with the fact that it's a little unprofessional in this regard.

I am aware that quite a few posts more posts will be on this thread by the time this one is, so if it sounds like I am countering your point or making you angry, I apologise in advance.

First, I would just like to say that I am terribly sorry for the thousands affected in todays events. I understand that you may have to re-arrange flights/hotels or maybe cancel the bookings altogether. I can see your reasoning behind this.

People should stop trying to defend Michael by getting angry at those complaining. They have a right to express their opinion when it affects them in such a way as this. They may have spent thousands of pounds/dollars only to see it slide down the drain in front of them. They don't need people telling them to 'get over it' or to stop 'blaming Michael'. Just think about what would happen if YOU were in the same position. Forgiving and forgetting isn't easy when it's over sums of money like that.

The fans who have lost out can't be expected to be exactly joyous. Maybe their thoughts are a little over-the-top but that can be expected. For some people it is their first time seeing Michael and they may now have to wait until March or maybe even not go. I know I wouldn't be happy if all of this happened to me.

Michael is a perfectionist. And while he (in my opinion) cancelled the first shows because he didn't have a choice. Things just won't be ready by then. Nothing is set in stone in the Music Industry.

I apologise again if it sounds like I am being a tad harsh on those who have lost out. But you have to understand that Jackson wants it to be spectacular. If you can re-arrange the dates/flight/hotels then I am happy for you but if you can no longer attend then you have my deepest sympathy.

Thanks.
very good!

This might be from that lawsuit filed a few days ago.

Can't remember what it was......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back