Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows [All threads merged]

WHAT ABOUT AFTERPARTY???? ARE THEY CANCELED TOO???? iF NOT, MICHAEL MUST ATTEND THEM!! So, that those who travel from other side of world could just see him.

The thread should be closed and only updated with latest news and actual news!!!!!

why should it be closed? people who misbehave can get banned and thats it. but we need a thread to discuss it!!!

is it me or is alot of the negativity coming from fans who joined after the press conference?

People need to calm down, breathe and wait for MJ/AEG official statement which ticketmaster said would be coming. Maybe that will explain further etc.
For all we know MJ may have set up a thing where ppl who have non refundable flights etc can get sum of their money back.

I guess we just wait to hear from the man himself

Don't think so no. It's more than reasonable that people should be upset about losing thousands or hundreds of pounds. The only ones defending it are the ones unaffected

5 Reasns I'm very ANNOYED (my tickets aren't affected, but I'm so upset for those who are):
3. People spent over-the-odds on opening night tickets through Viagogo. These now means nothing.

Totally agree with you on all other points, but opening night is still opening night - it's just 5 days later.

So why he planing to do 50 shows if he already know that he can't handle that?

Do you really think he want to disappointing his fans so badly? I don't think so...

no i dont think he wants to disappoint the fans BUT the fact is at times Michael along with every other human thinks hes capable of things which you know darn right that you can't do. i didnt mean to be negative, ive always been skeptical that any dates past the later august ones would go ahead. but hey thats just me.

Totally agree with you on all other points, but opening night is still opening night - it's just 5 days later.

I thought those that bought opening night now have to go in March 2010?

Capital 95.8FM is saying there is a MJ press conference taking place now & they will give us information during a show that is on this now. Those of you outside the UK can listen online but you will need to put in a London zip code.

www.capitalradio.co.uk

The thread should be closed and only updated with latest news and actual news!!!!!

No the thread will not be closed as fans have a right to react to this news.

I thought those that bought opening night now have to go in March 2010?
No, opening night is pushed back to 13th July - 10th (when I was supposed to be going), 12th & 14th are pushed back to March. :no:

well, no concert for me then. I had tickets for july 10. I cant get time off from work in march. Friggin great.
So that's flights, accommodation and dreams down the drain, then.

All I can say is, sorry to you folks that got plane tickets and hotels. It sucks, but this is why you get cancellation insurance on airplane tickets.

Hmm...you couldn't be more wrong, actually. Cancellation insurances do not cover this, because the concerts are being rescheduled AND we're being offered a refund. This is nice for the concerts, but doesn't apply to hotels nor flights.

The costs for cancelling or changing a flight depend on the airline's conditions. Sometimes you get off with 'just' $50 or $100 when other times you'll lose all of your money and have to buy a new ticket.

Cancellation insurances ONLY pay you money when YOU are the one that has to cancel due to for example illness or death of a family member.

@ Pimboli: BIG HUG!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

5 Reasns I'm very ANNOYED (my tickets aren't affected, but I'm so upset for those who are):

1. I don't understand how 5 days can make such a huge difference to the production. I sense there's probably some other reason.
2. People have bought non-refundable flights to the UK because they were led to believe they would be the only shows. We've since heard its more than likely now there will be more in other countries.
3. Many people have booked hotels and at the least will lose their deposit.
3. People spent over-the-odds on opening night tickets through Viagogo. These now means nothing.
4. People keep saying we should be grateful that Mike's performing for us, like it's a favour. Please remember he's earning £400 million - paid for by us.
5. I very much doubt MJ had no say in this (even if they were unforseen circumstances).
Shame on AEG. It was a rushed job and we're all paying for it.

You'd be surprised how 5 days for anything can make a HUGE difference. 5 days studying for a test....5 more days for a baby who may come prematurely means its lungs to develop and allow it to breathe on it's own when it's born....5 extra days to finish renovations before an Open House....lots of things...especially if you have ppl working around the clock. That's a lot of hours.

And I think when ppl say MJ and AEG want everything to be perfect, safety could be a part of that as well. Who wants a stage put up improperly and risk something awful happening? :no:

no i dont think he wants to disappoint the fans BUT the fact is at times Michael along with every other human thinks hes capable of things which you know darn right that you can't do. i didnt mean to be negative, ive always been skeptical that any dates past the later august ones would go ahead. but hey thats just me.

I hope that everything will go according to plan...

Let's think positive, O.K? :)

It's kind of weird that they move the 8th to 13th, but then have the balls to move the 14th to march... is just so Michael will get time to relax a day?

K.O.S. Precisely that. And the statement posted earlier on did say that the more important issue was the production and the dress rehearsal time schedule. So they don't think they have enough time to set up in 3-4 days. But that should have been known a while ago.

Man, I understand, and feel the disappointment of some. I hope for the best for them.

OMG. I'm scared he is going to announce that the london residency will be cancelled all together!!! =(

F*****G SUCKS, I already purchased my airline tickets and was flying all the way from Miami. Florida for the July 12th show and now its rescheduled for March 2010. WTF!!!!!!!

The residency won't be cancelled unless due to unforeseen circumstances (life is full of them).

This is messed up. I feel bad for the fans who are traveling from other places especially but it sucks for everyone. I don't blame those that are upset at all. I would be pissed too.

You'd be surprised how 5 days for anything can make a HUGE difference. 5 days studying for a test....5 more days for a baby who may come prematurely means its lungs to develop and allow it to breathe on it's own when it's born....5 extra days to finish renovations before an Open House....lots of things...especially if you have ppl working around the clock. That's a lot of hours.

And I think when ppl say MJ and AEG want everything to be perfect, safety could be a part of that as well. Who wants a stage put up improperly and risk something awful happening? :no:

so employ MORE PEOPLE. how hard is that? um NOT, instead they rather take it out and make the fans pay for their rescheduling

Hmm...you couldn't be more wrong, actually. Cancellation insurances do not cover this, because the concerts are being rescheduled AND we're being offered a refund. This is nice for the concerts, but doesn't apply to hotels nor flights.

The costs for cancelling or changing a flight depend on the airline's conditions. Sometimes you get off with 'just' $50 or $100 when other times you'll lose all of your money and have to buy a new ticket.

Cancellation insurances ONLY pay you money when YOU are the one that has to cancel due to for example illness or death of a family member.

I stand corrected by the professional :) Thanks for the info.

beautiful thought. and in my honest opinion, i bet five days isn't enough. and i wish people might sympathetically consider that possibility.

total bulls***, 5 days 4 what ? tell the crew to get damn thing ready ASAP.

Totally p***** off about this

You can't say one minute that MJ is "very hands on" with everything then when the shit goes down say it's not his fault.

He is the boss, he agreed to the dates, he is "very hands on" from the lighting, to the stage, costumes and everything, therefore he is responsible
You may be angry, but you know better!

He was forced to delay for reasons OUTSIDE of his control. He can be 'hands on' with everything... but ultimately he needs everything else to come together in time. i.e., If a piece of stage can't be manufacturered in time, he would be forced to delay the show.

Performing is HIS thing. It's what he does best. If he can't put out his best performance, he will fix it. Maybe he was told the stage wouldn't be ready until 20 shows? Maybe he paid an extra $3 million to make sure it is done as soon as possible (july 13).

We really don't (and likely won't) know the details on WHY it was delayed. But, don't start believing that Michael somehow willingly CHOSE to delay them. If he did have any involvement, it must have been one of the hardest decisions he had to make.

He still loves everyone. He loves his fans. He even wished Tom Sneddon a 'Happy Birthday' during the trial! Why would he 'turn on his fans' and decide to 'ruin' it for them? He wouldn't. He loves his fans... even the ones that 'hate' him... and he has NEVER returned the 'hate'.

To those who think he's "screwing" his fans over, whether 'carelessly' or 'on purpose'... it's pathetic.

Remember the ambulance driver (who probably got paid handsomely for lying)? Remember Raymone? Remember his Neverland staff? Remember the Auction? Remember his lawyers? Many times we don't find out until YEARS later that 'Wait, it wasnt Michael's fault after all!'

Give him the benefit of the doubt. We already know the media won't. He's not going to say "Let's postpone the first 3 dates" without thinking long and hard over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back