Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows [All threads merged]

I'm still happy and blessed I have the oppertunity to go; im more afraid of show being cancelled

So, what is the official statement for those who booked, flight tickets...???

at least your going..:(

Think about it this way Becca, this may mean that more tickets become avaliable because people can't make the new dates and they have to sell them for cheap in order just to get rid of them.

Although it may sound sick, this may be a good thing for you.

wait till the press get a hold of this. thrilling headlines, wait for it the next thing we'll read is something like MJ cancels comeback tour.

And for those saying it's not MJ's fault, can I just ask how is it not?

I mean wtf is 5 days gonna do or give extra time for? what to kick Neyos set off the stage and put Michael's back up? maybe the organizers - which Michael would have been a part of - should have looked at all this before.

People are going on about the jubile line and everything, but seriously there are other ways of getting to the o2 without the tube. be realistic, what about cabs, buses, walking ?

i just dont see how giving another 5 days is going to make the show on the 13th any different. 5 days pft give me a break, as if its gonna change anything. theyve inconvienienced 60,000 people for 5 days lee-way. stupididity imo

Viagogo updated their schedule.

Michael can kiss my ass!!!!!!!! Now I need to reschedule my flight, he better pay me for those € 50 euros rescheduling costs. I feel for you people that are even losing more money. I am a student too, I can't afford a MJ stunt like this.

Well that was rude.Please colm down ! We are all pissed of but.... this is going
out of control

jeez i can so understand that u guys are pis*ed off!!
maybe this will be handled somehow, but dont blame only michael for that.

I agree with you.

I'm getting disappointing more and more because of some fans who blaming Michael...
:(

well i was going to the 5th show and suddenly I'm going to the 2nd well thats pretty good!! unless they change the 16th as well !! arggh! please no!

AND... i don't see how this is REALLY Michael's fault, after all he wants to put on the best show possible! But please you cant even start to think about blaming Michael for this, if it wasn't for Michael! you wouldn't even be going to see him in the first place so...
Thank Michael...DON'T Blame Michael!!

p.s i really really do feel sorry for all the wonderful fans that have had to change all of a sudden i really really wish that you can still go and see Michael!!!!

WE NEED TO STAND TOGETHER AS ONE AND DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

Those 5 days do matter so much?? I can't possibly understand that:bugeyed

Omg if Michael knows what happens and how his fans react he will lost his desire or something.I'm really scared of canceling.

Michael can kiss my ass!!!!!!!! Now I need to reschedule my flight, he better pay me for those € 50 euros rescheduling costs. I feel for you people that are even losing more money. I am a student too, I can't afford a MJ stunt like this.

Are you sure that you are a FAN of Michael Jackson???

I'm in shock right now because of your ruse comment. :/

so you're telling me you became a fan of a guy who just stands there and sings? i think u got the wrong guy. is that really the thing that made you a fan? cus there are a lot of artists who just stand there and sing. i don't remember MJ being one of them.

Add me to the list of fans who could care less about the effects or the production.

Omg please someone lock this tread now!Its becoming painfull for all of us.

All I can say is, sorry to you folks that got plane tickets and hotels. It sucks, but this is why you get cancellation insurance on airplane tickets.

Omg if Michael knows what happens and how his fans react he will lost his desire or something.I'm really scared of canceling.

Poor Michael... :(
He don't deserve that... ;-(

He's trying so hard to satisfy his fans... but look how his fans talking about him right now... this is so sad... :(

so you're telling me you became a fan of a guy who just stands there and sings? i think u got the wrong guy. is that really the thing that made you a fan? cus there are a lot of artists who just stand there and sing. i don't remember MJ being one of them.

I fell in love with him when he performed Billie Jean at Mowtown 25! Ok, he didn't just 'stand there' - he danced too - but he didn't have all the special effects etc that he seems to think he needs now!

Poor Michael... :(
He don't deserve that... ;-(

He's trying so hard to satisfy his fans... but look how his fans talking about him right now... this is so sad... :(

Yeah... but it is not fair for all of us , for Mj , FOR THE FANS.I haven't even thought that will happen ... its shocking.And depressing.

Once again, Can you all try to calm down a little. Yes you are going to be angry I am myself. But this fighting and arguing with other members over this needs to stop.

Be warned, a few members have been banned. Count yourself next if you carry on with the disrespectful comments towards Michael & Members.

We gotta be realistic here. Michael makes the final decision about his shows. He decided to reschedule them, ok? Ultimately his decision and unfortunate for me to say, his fault. I hope Michael, AEG and everyone involved thought about fans who are traveling from around the globe. That is the truth and it's a bitter pill to swallow. What is also a bitter pill to swallow is that Roger Friedman had this information for weeks and weeks now and Michael's camp didn't bother to speak to the fans about this weeks and weeks ago. I think that is unfair.

i can't imagine the show will be 'that much' better with only 5 days extra to rehears or do whatever they gonna do in those 5 days... you can only do 'so much' in 5 days, right?
but if they pushed it like 2 months back,... that would sound a lot more realistic to me...
i'm feelin sorry for the folks who bought tickets and now have to wait till 20-freaking-10.

Oh dear lord, this is not a good look for AEG neither Michael.
So many people already booked flight tickets and paid for hotels.
This has been dealt really amateurish in some many aspects.

I have a ticket to the 14:th but fortunately I've not booked flight nor hotel.
On the bright side I have a ticket to the 28:th July also, however I'm gonna wait a loooong time before I book hotel and flight. I don't wanna bring negativity but I have a feeling there might be more dates rescheduled.

And for the first time I'm glad to see that people on this board at least question Michael.
We don't know how's fault everything is, but in my eyes everyone is guilty until proven different. :D

I fell in love with him when he performed Billie Jean at Mowtown 25! Ok, he didn't just 'stand there' - he danced too - but he didn't have all the special effects etc that he seems to think he needs now!

The thing is it wasn't MJ's decision:

Due to the sheer magnitude of the “This Is It” concerts at the O2 Arena promoters and producers AEG Live and Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator have elected to move back a few of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a massive and technically complex show.

Although, I totally agree, if MJ just sat on a stall all evening and sang his heart out, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

i rather wait a whole year than nothing. some of us could not go to london. i have to wait and see if he will tour in America.
i feel bad for those who really cant go after this..rather than those who will make it there some how.
and you all still need a better statement then what you have gotten so far. so i understnad the hurt.
i still wonder why a few days difference on opening date is so bad for the team working on all this...
if this concert is to be perfect..how is it perfect if fans wont be in perfect situations with money/travel. i realize concerts get pushed back or cancelled all the time, but you have to be professional on the dates you pick to do unless its something really serious that you need it changed. but again more info needed.

sad fans get turned on and off so quickly about being fans though. and personal attacks. yikes. that eye rolling icon should be taken off.

I don't know.. I think I would have rather had my kids and myself see an imperfect show than no show. I don't know how I am going to tell them. What do I tell them? Anyone?

We gotta be realistic here. Michael makes the final decision about his shows. He decided to reschedule them, ok? Ultimately his decision and unfortunate for me to say, his fault. I hope Michael, AEG and everyone involved thought about fans who are traveling from around the globe. That is the truth and it's a bitter pill to swallow. What is also a bitter pill to swallow is that Roger Friedman had this information for weeks and weeks now and Michael's camp didn't bother to speak to the fans about this weeks and weeks ago. I think that is unfair.

Very true.

Maybe this tour never begins...:scratch:
Bad news... and hope 'Viagogo' do a complete refund because 2 tickets for $500 ...:yes::tease:
Keep hope alive bro!!!

i am SOOOOOO P'ed off its not funny. I mean seriously, be REALISTIC, I didn't think MJ would do any concerts past August. I thought they would have been cancelled from then to be honest. I mean he may be Michael Jackson but with a days rest in between each show, I couldn't see him making all 50 dates.

And now to make matter worse, the people who were going to see him on the 10, 12 and 14th are being basically told theres a risk you aren't going to see him at all. I mean seriously what if he does the one concert or a weeks worth of concerts and then goes, 'oh i feel tired, i cant do any more lets cancel the rest'; what then? the people who originally had tickets for the opening shows are being stabbed in the back PAINFULLY hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back