Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows [All threads merged]

the sleepless night to get the best seats for the first days!!! is this how we are appreciated? just because MJ is a fucking perfectionist thousands should suffer???? We want to see the man sing not...do crazy tricks and shit...the whole thing sucks!!!

I think we should make a separate thread with all relevant information with no comments allowed.

i don't know if that 'welfare' comment is racist or not, but it'll take a lot more than suing MJ to put him on welfare. AEG can't afford to sue MJ, when their ass is on the line as well, if a GREAT concert is not put on.

the sleepless night to get the best seats for the first days!!! is this how we are appreciated? just because MJ is a fucking perfectionist thousands should suffer???? We want to see the man sing not...do crazy tricks and shit...the whole thing sucks!!!

And who said this issue is because of MJ? :mello:

lmao exactly we dont wanna c crazy tricks nd shit, all this crap, all i wanna do is see the guy! FFS

^ awww...we are a family. thats so sweet haha.

Let send a letter to Mj or something.Is there any chance ...

what.the.f.u.c.k........I am so angry right now I'm gonna calm myself down and come back later to post a reply to this thread.

BLAH, Michael. BLAH.

I'd like to just take the time out to send a huge thank you to the MJJC staff working so hard to keep all this under control!

I know what you're going through, and you guys rock! You're doing an amazing job, and never forget that :)

is this MJs fault at all?

so you're telling me you became a fan of a guy who just stands there and sings? i think u got the wrong guy. is that really the thing that made you a fan? cus there are a lot of artists who just stand there and sing. i don't remember MJ being one of them.

Since MJJC president is getting in touch with AEG, why not ask him to feedback to AEG live about the fans' frustration?

“Kenny and Michael are, at the same time, both creative pioneers and perfectionists. This show has grown in size and scope, thereby, necessitating more lead time for manufacture of the set, programming the content for the massive video elements, and, most importantly, more time for full production and dress rehearsals in the world’s busiest arena, the O2. As much as we agonized over this change in the original schedule, we are sure the fans will understand when they experience the level of entertainment Michael Jackson intends to deliver while also ensuring the safety of the musicians, cast and crew and the crisp execution of the production. It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

Sounds like it's pretty much MJ's fault to me!

WTF!!!
i have tickets for all those dates.
Luckely I am going to his last 5 dates in february so I'll just stay there in march too then and see the last 3 shows as I allready have tickets for those shows now..

confusing..
I have no problem waiting a week longer to the 13th,buuuuut
I booked my flight...
it was cheap though, but anyway!

what's going on???
I am NOT blaming michael..but someone in that team is messing things up..aeg?

Agree :)

Something like this happened before in his tour ..as I remember.
Postpone is possible.
I feel for your guys who already paid for all and getting ready on first date show...it make fan disappoint but the main objective is described in the email.. that about quality of show. I think we may have a way to solve problem. We can get the dream comes true if we don't give up :)
and we should think about how to solve and help each other ...please don't blame Michael only for this.
For me I already canceled my 2 weeks vacation on July coz I decide to sell my tix I m so busy this year about my work and other things so I m looking for Feb tix but not yet buy..so now I think maybe another fan who is at the same situation like me and willing to help...if it is true..let see what we can do.
It would be great if fans pulled together to ease this situation. My ticket for July 14 is now March 6th. I am booked to be in London 12th-15th so could make the July 13th show. I would be interested in getting a ticket for that date so I could use my current plane ticket but I saw a couple of fans on here who were coming from Australia who would lose more than me. They should have first chance.

The July 14th people now have tickets for the last show. Some people actually want to go to the last show (although I personally believe he will be touring in other countries).

I just had a thought. What if Michael's anouncement today will be Aussy dates and they could swap their tickets? It seems like fans coming from Australia are paying some of the highest prices for airfare.

Well done Michael youve done it again :(

year waiting

EPIC fail.

if you love your fans so much mike/AEG, pay for their tickets,hotels, flights.

bet you won't though :(

i gotta wait a WHOLEE year! Thanks michael, well done!

jeez i can so understand that u guys are pis*ed off!!
maybe this will be handled somehow, but dont blame only michael for that.

I am lucky, I had ticket for July 8, so 5 days won't make much difference for me. I will reshedule my Hotel only. I haven't bought train ticket yet.

have you read the statement?

Yeah,

rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.

It's not like they couldn't have more workers, working in shifts around the clock to meet the schedule, right?
But no, the producers couldn't do that, because it's cheaper to re-schedule the dates instead of contracting more people to do the job on time, right? *irony* Let the fans spend the money on hotels and plane trips.

I was actually going to book my flights last night but decided to wait and see if the fares came down. Kinda glad I did now.

I'm at T in the Park which finishes at 3am on Monday 13th, meaning I then have to fly down to London that morning to make the show that night!! I know it's not as bad a situation as others but it's still annoying.

It'll be interesting to see the media's reaction. BBC News reported it as Breaking News earlier!!

so you're telling me you became a fan of a guy who just stands there and sings? is that really the thing that made you a fan? cus there are a lot of artists who just stand there and sing.

ahh please I'm not even sure he can do that those things any more...hence the need for crazy productions and other useless gimmicks!! What surprises me is that some of you are still defending this action, knowing that 1000s of people's plans have been disrupted and hundreds of thousands of pounds is lost...in this financial crisis people can't afford these types of losses!!!! They should've known this shit is going to happen!!

Let's face facts here: from the announcement of these days, the detractors said he'd get sick, that shows would be cancelled, something would happen, etc.

No shows have truly been cancelled, just postponed, but its a huge setback for fans hoping that July 8 and most (if not all) the rest of the dates would come and go as planned. We're just shy of a month away from kickoff and BAM, news that some people who were just weeks away from seeing MJ now have to wait nearly a year.

It just a huge setback for fans with their fingers crossed that there would be no speed bumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back