Post your photos of your tribute magazine collections :)

What is the one in the top left with the glove and says "Bye"? It's a cool cover.

It´s a Swedish newspaper who did a special magazine and it´s entirely about Michael Jackson. I agree, the cover is great. They also did the one on the bottom left the day after his death which doesn´t have many pages, but just something to get out there. I think the cover is pretty cute with all the Michael Jackson picture and only the words "We Want You Back".

Newsweek is garbage btw, dont buy it. It´s only 3-4 pages with small pictures.

The Michael Jackson King of Pop 1958-2009 with his arms open and the 4 photos at the bottom, with 'A tribute to one of the world's greatest entertainers' at the bottom?

It is entirely Michael 83 pages. Loads of photos, a short bio, a page of some little facts, some tributes that came from celebs after his death, a discography at the back. Mostly photos though.. not much writing. I think its worth it, lots of lovely photos!

How much will it cost you to get it?

I've got that one and the other similar one - 'Tribute to a Legend', I love them. They are the only two 'quality' ones.

I've got Now - but it isn't very accurate at all, they messed up which brother was which!

I want Smash Hits, but I'd rather get it from a shop, its going to be cheaper that way..if I can't find it though, online it is.

Saw Q in the shop, didn't get it, I think it had like 3/4 pages.. but they are recent pics. My mum bought OK :/ just because she always buys OK, and I got Hello but its not the tribute one... its the one with Mark and 'unseen' photos.

I wanted to know about the King of Pop tribute with his arms open on the cover. How many pages, and worth buying online?

Last edited:
Wow! Which one is that on the top left? Is it devoted entirely to Michael? What is it called? Who put it together? I'd like to look for it!

It's a swedish newspaper, Aftonbladet, who put a tribute magazine togheter just for Michael. I really like it.

i just ordered 3 more tribute mags from ebay.
Now mag
Time mag
Tribute to the king of pop 1958-2009
and buying more soon..Pics coming soon.

P120709_1744_01.jpg

P120709_1744.jpg

I was VERY upset with Time's issue. I thought they would be civil and write some great articles, and they kept some pretty negative, unjustified stuff in there. Also didn't like that they took up an entire page with the word '*****' on it, summing up the last few years. Wasn't too happy with it, though the pictures are fab.

I bought the magazine.. and Im pretty disapointed in it myself.
Great cover but very misleading. And I hate the big page where they but the word ***** in big print!!! :(

I bought two more magazines. Post your magazine collection... Man, y'all are enablers! :D

DSC01897.jpg

The one on the left is like the back of the People magazine tribute. It's all pictures accompanied only by quotes from Michael himself. It was $6.50.

The one on the right is Hip Hop Weekly. There are two covers out, the one above and another with a Dangerous-era picture of Michael from on tour. That one has articles and interviews and is the least negative of all the magazines that I have seen.

I bought two more magazines. Post your magazine collection... Man, y'all are enablers! :D

DSC01897.jpg

The one on the left is like the back of the People magazine tribute. It's all pictures accompanied only by quotes from Michael himself. It was $6.50.

The one on the right is Hip Hop Weekly. There are two covers out, the one above and another with a Dangerous-era picture of Michael from on tour. That one has articles and interviews and is the least negative of all the magazines that I have seen.
The one on the right.. it's like impossible to order online which sucks! I've never even heard of that mag before.

Never seen the one on the left either! I wish there was a site where we could just purchase them all.

The one on the right.. it's like impossible to order online which sucks! I've never even heard of that mag before.

Never seen the one on the left either! I wish there was a site where we could just purchase them all.
Really? I picked them both up at Barnes and Noble. It was my first time seeing the one on the left too. Every time I look now I see a new MJ magazine. I saw a third new tribute booklet on my way out too. At that point, though, I just said enough is enough!

Really? I picked them both up at Barnes and Noble. It was my first time seeing the one on the left too. Every time I look now I see a new MJ magazine. I saw a third new tribute booklet on my way out too. At that point, though, I just said enough is enough!

Well I'm in Canada which probably explains why they're hard to find... I did check for Hip Hop Weekly on the B&N website and they don't have it! I'd like the gold edition. Someone on ebay is selling it for close to $30 :( I want it badly, but that's mighty expensive for one magazine.

Thanks for the info, though!

I have a few but have not scanned the front covers of them all like the Commemorative Time Issue and more.

However, I did scan this one to email to Jennifer Batten which magazine I found images of her with Michael in it.
mjcollectorsedition.jpg

I have that one. I love the pics in it.

mjmagazines.png

That's what I have so far. I've passed on quite a few magazines. The reason is, I usually try to scan through them first before I buy them to see how much tabloid bull**** is in them first. I've seen a few that looked great on the cover, but then I'd read through them before checking out and I'd realize they had a lot of media speculation crap I didn't want to be a part of, so I put them back. Plus, I don't have a ton of money to spend, so I only want the best of the best.

So far, from reading parts of these three, their pretty decent. I bought the Rolling Stone issue tonight, and from what I've read it's been pretty good so far. I think I'll probably have some problems with what they say later on as I read more about his life in recent years, but so far it's been a pretty good read all in all.

One thing I did notice....not sure if any of yall noticed this yet or not....but in the "Collector's Edition Historical" (seen in the bottom left corner of my above pic and seen quoted in the previous post), isn't this actually MJ tribute artist Navi?:

naviu.png

They caption the photo saying Mike is checking out Thriller 25, but I could swear that's Navi or another tribute artist. Anybody else see this?

^Yeah that picture is NOT Michael. Also isn't that the mag that has Randy Jackson from idol in it. It had a lot of typos also. I guess they rushed to get it out, but it is not very professional. Lots of pictures though.

Haha! Thats not Michael - how could they print that! Looks like that Navi bloke.

Can anyone tell me - how much did SMASH HITS cost in the shop???

And how come Rolling Stone has different covers?

naviu.png

They caption the photo saying Mike is checking out Thriller 25, but I could swear that's Navi or another tribute artist. Anybody else see this?

hahaha

I'm sure even THEY were fooled into thinking it was Michael. That guy looks AWESOME. Anyone know where he lives? I'd like to pay him a visit...

Haha! Thats not Michael - how could they print that! Looks like that Navi bloke.

Can anyone tell me - how much did SMASH HITS cost in the shop???

And how come Rolling Stone has different covers?

I paid £2.99 for Smash hits

I dont know how to post pictures here.. can anybody tell me? ;)

[ img ] picture url goes here [ / img ]

Without the space for those tags (bb codes). :)

Ok apparently this is too complicated for me LOL! Can you explain better for me, bb codes? [ img ] picture url goes here [ / img ] hmm?? sorry for being so stupid haha

I've just got 2 magazines so far, its so bloody hard here in Venezuela to find these magazines grrrr, its frustrating!!! Im going into deep search this saturday on a few newstands, wish me luck! The Rolling Stone covers are stunning, wish i could find at least one..:(

Back