Post your photos of your tribute magazine collections :)

Which People Magazine do you have? There are several. I've seen the double issue (Michael with Jennifer Batten), the Tribute (dedicated solely to Michael) and one with images from his memorial on the cover.

There's a U.S. version of Rolling Stone, and this one is the one on the Barnes and Noble website. The one that was posted in here earlier is the Australian version. I believe the content in both is different.

Ooh. Thank you! I have the double issue of People and I have seen the one with the memorial pictures but I didn't buy it.

I'm going to see if I can find those other ones.

These are various photos from the red, white books and the WHSmith mag (£6.99). I hope you can see them!

2w6xn2u.jpg

10f9g7r.jpg

2irr791.jpg

2d77urq.jpg

ih7f9h.jpg

9kpa8i.jpg

2z69xj4.jpg

24qib1g.jpg

2istr8j.jpg

174s8x.jpg

fu1jqw.jpg

kei88z.jpg

2vjegc3.jpg

28qqk5g.jpg

5mwj7s.jpg

2vw8zrp.jpg

i4qtxs.jpg

2yuli6e.jpg

2vkxee0.jpg

70kh7s.jpg

e96ipc.jpg

23h62v4.jpg

25hizk1.jpg

2nby8gw.jpg

2eczx29.jpg

263vog9.jpg

mju32x.jpg

jacsoz.jpg

Wow! There are so many rare magazines people have bought that I never hear of before. The range of magazines I see in newsagents here is very limited as there is usually just a few magazines in the music section but I hope I can find more because there are some wonderful tribute magazines being printed.

ciaramc - do you mind telling how many pages 'the wonderful world of Michael Jackson' is? I found a place to order it online, but it's mighty expensive, so I'm wondering if it's worth it!

So far I've got the regular Q magazine, subscribers Q magazine (without all the writing on the front cover), NME, Smash Hits and waiting for TIME to be delivered from Canada!

Last edited:
ciaramc - do you mind telling how many pages 'the wonderful world of Michael Jackson' is? I found a place to order it online, but it's mighty expensive, so I'm wondering if it's worth it!

Hiya,

Sorry I dont have that magazine. I was just enquiring about it from sunnyday81.

There are other magazines like in Australia, Who magazine did a tribute to Michael Jackson. As far as I can work out, there were 3 different editions. Some were 45 pages along while other editions were 20 pages long with glossy photos.

Its so frustrating trying to find the tribute editions. Every time I go to a newsagency they tell me oh sorry we're completely sold out some fans came in and bought up multiple copies. And I had bad experience two days ago. I went to buy a magazine on the racks and it was in mint condition and I put it on the counter to buy and the woman behind the counter snatched it up and was so rough with the magazine she ripped the cover! Argh! My head could have popped! And she looked at me like whats your problem? And I told her you ripped the magazine! And she was like ? so what? are you still gonna buy it? I was just so shocked I left.

Magazines I've Bought. Rating in bracket is out of 10. 1 being poor, and 10 being a must buy.

1) TIME (8/10)
2) Rolling Stone (2/10)
3) Maclean's (7/10)
4) USA Today Life (8/10)
5) Word Up (7/10)
6) Historical Collections Edition (9/10)
7) People (7/10)
8) Entertainment Weekly (6/10)
9) XXL (9/10)
10) OK! (4/10)
11) LIFE book (10/10)
12) People Tribute Book (9/10)
13) TV Guide (7/10)
14) Tribute To The King Of Pop (With Ebony 07 Photo Cover) (9/10)
15) Hello Canada (7/10)

Currently ordered online...

16) Billboard
17) Ebony

I'm expecting great things from both magazines!

Magazines I've Bought. Rating in bracket is out of 10. 1 being poor, and 10 being a must buy.

1) TIME (8/10)
2) Rolling Stone (2/10)
4) USA Today Life (8/10)
6) Historical Collections Edition (9/10)
7) People (7/10)
9) XXL (9/10)
11) LIFE book (10/10)
12) People Tribute Book (9/10)
14) Tribute To The King Of Pop (With Ebony 07 Photo Cover) (9/10)

i agree

I just bought the tribute magazine of Hip Hop magazine, special commeroative issue. It was $5.99

IMG_6755.jpg

And I'm done. The only thing I've got coming is the Ebony. The other ones I check out I wasn't really feeling so I think this will complete my collection.

I don't have it yet but there is what I believe to be an Australian magazine called Michael Jackson Remember The Time that I have seen on sale.

IMG_6755.jpg

And I'm done. The only thing I've got coming is the Ebony. The other ones I check out I wasn't really feeling so I think this will complete my collection.

Can you tell me exactly what the new Rolling Stone article is about? The one with his close-up on it? I saw it in the airport but decided not to get it and now I'm regretting it. I saw there's an interview, what's that about? Thanks!

Can you tell me exactly what the new Rolling Stone article is about? The one with his close-up on it? I saw it in the airport but decided not to get it and now I'm regretting it. I saw there's an interview, what's that about? Thanks!

I shouldn't have put that one in there really, it's not really a tribute mag, just a regular issue of Rolling Stone. The article mostly talks about MJ's dealings with AEG and what not during the last days of his life... talks about how he seemed to be looking forward to doing the shows for his kids and the fans and was involved in every aspect of the shows staging and costuming, etc, even picking out dancers, and what he was gonna wear for certain songs. There are some negative bits too, the mess about his nose being unattached and craziness about him trying to compete with Prince, stuff like that. It was an interesting read though, but it would be hard for anyone who isn't a true fan to take away from that article anything but the negative stuff. :(

Oh! I would also encourage you all to pick up the Ebony tribute mag if you can... I think it's the BEST one I've seen by far... MJ in his own words, the pictures are high quality and are some I've never seen before and there is absolutely NO focus on anything negative. I started reading it and looking at the pics and I had to put it down because I was gonna start crying and didn't want to cry into the pages. :)

I want a calendar!!! :( So far I've only seen them being sold on UK sites and the shipping to the US wouldn't be worth it. :(

I shouldn't have put that one in there really, it's not really a tribute mag, just a regular issue of Rolling Stone. The article mostly talks about MJ's dealings with AEG and what not during the last days of his life... talks about how he seemed to be looking forward to doing the shows for his kids and the fans and was involved in every aspect of the shows staging and costuming, etc, even picking out dancers, and what he was gonna wear for certain songs. There are some negative bits too, the mess about his nose being unattached and craziness about him trying to compete with Prince, stuff like that. It was an interesting read though, but it would be hard for anyone who isn't a true fan to take away from that article anything but the negative stuff. :(

Oh! I would also encourage you all to pick up the Ebony tribute mag if you can... I think it's the BEST one I've seen by far... MJ in his own words, the pictures are high quality and are some I've never seen before and there is absolutely NO focus on anything negative. I started reading it and looking at the pics and I had to put it down because I was gonna start crying and didn't want to cry into the pages. :)

Thanks for that, so I won't be getting it. It did seem it was tabloidish in the quick glance I gave it it so I guess I made a good choice. Rolling Stone has dissapointed so far when it comes to Mike.

As for Ebony - I have it, haven't seen it yet since I'm in Romania but I know it's beautiful, that one is definitely worth it, I'm glad I got it :cheeky:.

Shoot, I just noticed I have 666 posts, gotta remedy that :)

Check you out, they are all in their little protective sleeves. I need to do that, right now they are all sitting on my bookshelf in a big pile.

these are the ones i have so far... still a few more on my list to pick up. i went to barnes n noble and boarders to try to find Ebony , didnt ifnd it.. almsot got the rolling stone one but after flippin the pages i decided against that one, there where a few others that i may go back tomorrow to get. it seems everytime i go to get groceiers they have more mags again.. im in the us if its cheap to mail stuff to others i can maybe get some mags for peeps that cant get the US ones. let me know:)

IMG00002-20090801-2148.jpg

IMG00004-20090801-2150.jpg

Back