New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

Re: New song on October 12th and 'This is it' Album out on October 26th

Wonder how long it takes to leak onto the net!

Why do I have a horrible feeling that the final nail in the coffin will be that the song "This It It" will be from 1979???

probably is hence the backing vocals from the brothers. its a big coincidence that theres another song of the same name out there already done by mj.

anyway this is sony did any of u really expect anything else and frankly nothing excites me anyway. mj is gone and that is all that matters. a "new"song or pictures will never change that.the person mattered to me not the music.

We all want MJ to reach #1 on the charts, it's just that we are tired of Sony repackaging the same songs and then throwing in an unreleased song to shut us up. I know when MJ was angry at them I remember him telling a crowd of fans that he gives Sony 1 or 2 songs to put on a Grt Hits album just so he can say he fullfilled his obligation...Now if this CD is going to have MJ singing live w/the band, then great! I will get it *won't even front* but if it's just a Number #1s album w/a the This Is It title on it and a cute picture book then they can keep it. Hell I will just play one of my many Grt Hits albums wheN I look through my $200 Opus book. (lol)I guess we will just have to wait and see... I AM EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW SONG!!!P.S.-- Is this MJ's last release with Sony?? He owed them a few albums rt and then after that he was free?
ROFL@MYAS, glad 2 know I am not the only Wally world queen....

Planet Earth.....the poem that was in the Dangerous booklet? And one new real song. Nice to finally hear a new song but that's about it. ANOTHER greatest hits album. Unless the songs on this cd are LIVE , from the concerts...it's nothing special. And again..all about money for Sony.

Just like the ticket prices to TII , the movie.

I wonder if it's true that he performs this song at the end of the film??

When I first went onto this thread, I was hoping it was a NEW album with NEW songs, I guess I was wrong. I just hope we will get one sometime in the future, been waiting for years now :(

dont think it said performing jsut plays at the end of the film. it was mentioned in one of the press releases. probably just plays over the credits

Planet Earth.....the poem that was in the Dangerous booklet?
yeah. it was in dancing the dream aswell.

3 months ago, I'd be thrilled about the possibility of hearing Michael Jackson's new single. But now.. For me, this will be more devastating than anything. I'm going to listen to it, time after time, but no matter how good the song is, I cannot possibly imagine I'll ever get a sense of happiness and joy from it, like I do from Michael's all other songs. It will just become way too sad. Sorry 'bout the negativity. It's just how I feel about it.

when coldplay released a live DVD a few years back it included a Live CD. i hope they do the same. but i wont hold my breath.

hell im still hoping the second disc of the film will include the complete uncut rehearsal footage... but again not holding my breath. this is sony we're taking about.

I hope Sony will do that for the film. They are probably thinking of making the most $$$ now and mabye they'll think the best way to do so is to release multiple versions.

AEG/Sony better not be stingy with the special features & uncut scenes. I heard they have tons of footage; 100 hrs worth. I hope the second disc has the uncut rehearsal footage too b/c you know they aren't going to give us MJ rehearsing the entire song (not for all of them, definitely for some) in the film.

HOPEFULLY iTunes will release the songs for individual purchase, but honestly i can see "this is it" being an "album only" track.

HOPEFULLY they'll release it as iTunes LP aswell. that'd be sweet!

Bleh. You could be right. They would do something like that. I wish CD singles were still being released.

I'm really glad we'll get a new single so soon...but really disappointed by the double cd idea unless its sold at the price of one cd because double cds kill sales.

Sony needs to look at Jordan Brand and see what happens when they sell sneaker packages with one nice retro shoe and one horrible ugly newer shoe for $350+. Fans are not happy. They resort to buying older versions of the one shoe they want or hope that someone has bought the package so they can get the one shoe they want.

In this case, I can see people burning & downloading it.

I cant wait to hear what Planet Earth sounds like, ahhh i'm actually so exacted about this release :D

Omgomgomg! Cant wait!!!!!!

I had no idea they don't sell singles anymore... Haven't shopped for singles since "Cry".

There are singles out there. They released some for T25. I bought them, both on CD and Vinyl.

. I know when MJ was angry at them I remember him telling a crowd of fans that he gives Sony 1 or 2 songs to put on a Grt Hits album just so he can say he fullfilled his obligation...

Is this MJ's last release with Sony?? He owed them a few albums rt and then after that he was free?

Yeh, I don't know much about this but was there some contract which stated an amount of albums he had to release with Sony? and perhaps the greatest hits albums are to do with that. Just to fullfill oblegation.

Maybe MJ didn't want to (and now MJs estate don't want to) release an album full of the new/unreleased stuff with Sony?

I dn't know..

Last edited:

his 91 contract with sony ran out with the release of number ones in 03 according to most

There are singles out there. They released some for T25. I bought them, both on CD and Vinyl.
Were they true North American releases or did you buy imports? From what I know, "One More Chance" was the last physical single released by MJ in North America.

Were they true North American releases or did you buy imports? From what I know, "One More Chance" was the last physical single released by MJ in North America.

may have been imports from the UK. it was at HMV (which is a UK company) up here in Canada. But pretty sure the discs said printed in canada. would have to check.

i bought it simply for the girl is mine demo.

P.S.-- Is this MJ's last release with Sony?? He owed them a few albums rt and then after that he was free?

I have been wondering about this like crazy. Couldn't the estate choose to release new material through another record company? Remember MJ saying 'one more box set & I'm a free agent'?

his 91 contract with sony ran out with the release of number ones in 03 according to most

Then why is the estate (or specifically the people controlling it) buddy buddy w/ Sony? They have given them these demo songs to release, right? Or did Sony have them before (and only released some of them)? We are getting a CD full of them.

Does anybody here think that knowing this & MJ's previous statements against Sony that he would have been happy to release a new album w/ brand new material under Sony? :mello: I wish we knew how he planned to release his new material.

Pleeeease tell me 'This Is It' is not an old song!! Another greatest hits package and no doubt the same old demos (we have heard years ago) on disc 2.

Cheers Sony.

It will be interesting hearing and comparing the early version of "This Is It" with the new version :)

There's no point in them releasing a live CD from the film when nobody would have seen the film up to that point.

I definitely think the Live CD will come with the DVD, in fact I'm positive.

Just got an email about this 10 mins ago looks sooo incredibly exciting:D,It'll be interesting to what it's all about!
but yeah as someone said, it really is the epitome of BitterSweet:cry:

So in essence, "This Is It" is a Jackson 5 track . . . that truely is bittersweet. We all wanted new music, but of course not at this expense. I look forward to relishing in anything Michael come October.

why am I not excited?:shock: wth? whats wrong with me?

I´m not a complete idiot. I have bought so many greatest hits album from Sony in the past that you can call me a idiot. But I´m not complete nuts.

I ´m not going to buy the album!!!!!

I can buy much more important things with my money than a 8th greatest hits package! I´m out. I don´t want to spoil the party for all the other MJ fans who find this release amazing so I´m not going to post on this topic anymore.
I´m very upset( I wanted a l ive album). Sony thinks they can milk MJ fans for alltime with greatest hits cds

-not this fan Sony-Sony you really piss me off bigtime!!!!

I´m not a complete idiot. I have bought so many greatest hits album from Sony in the past that you can call me a idiot. But I´m not complete nuts.

I ´m not going to buy the album!!!!!

I can buy much more important things with my money than a 8th greatest hits package! I´m out. I don´t want to spoil the party for all the other MJ fans who find this release amazing so I´m not going to post on this topic anymore.
I´m very upset( I wanted a l ive album). Sony thinks they can milk MJ fans for alltime with greatest hits cds

-not this fan Sony-Sony you really piss me off bigtime!!!!

I could never disagree with this. Personally i just have all his original albums and that is about it. No greatest hits or anything, i never saw why i should do that. So of course i can 100% understand that you are not gonna buy a greatest hits again.....this stuff is getting ridiculous...but i'm not surprised.

I don't think I'll be buying this either... I'll download the new song and that's about it.

And if it's actually a song that's over 25 years old I can't see I'm all that excited about hearing it.

Not to be critical. But I read somewhere that the new song was going to be one that Michael recorded during the last three years of his life. But now, it's supposed to be a revamped version of an old song he did in the 70's? If the first thing wasn't the truth, Sony should have said something before now. They would for anything else. Just my opinion.

Also. Why didn't they just release the single. And after the movie made it's run, release a live album on cd when they put out the DVD and Blu-Ray? As it is now, it doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

We shouldn't have gotten our hopes up... Most of the rehearsals were probably lip-synched, and the parts that weren't, were probably not complete enough to be released as a CD.

I for one however have no problem with the idea that the new song is actually an old song from the eighties. Artists often resurrect old songs as new projects : the Beatles did it on Let it Be with "One after 909", for instance. And "Little Susie" was actually written for Off the Wall...

why do people think the new song will have jackson 5 backing vocals? and why does that mean it's an old song? they could have added the backing vocals afterwards...

Back