New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

Re: New song on October 12th and 'This is it' Album out on October 26th

Im so excited about this release!!

I cant believe how negative people are being in this thread, I mean it was obvious they were not going to release a full new album or anything to take the shine away from the movie.

We must do MJ proud and send him soaring back to the top of the charts again worldwide, and think about all the new generation of kids getting to know the man, the legend through this compilation and the movie!!!

Our time will come soon, I'm sure! once This Is It has had its run in the cinemas etc then we can look forward to the new stuff coming out gradually over the next few years with an even bigger massive army of fans eager to buy whatever new comes out, and make sure MJ is never forgotten for decades hopefully centuries to come.

Sounds like its just another greatest hits album.

They shouldve sequenced the album the same as the proposed setlist for the tour. They could've edited all the tracks like Mike wouldve had them on tour with all the sound effects and all that. They couldve had the band play everything and use his vocals. That might've been kinda odd with the band, but Im sure he would've been lip syncing the uptempo joints at least.

As for the new song, it obviously wasnt finished if the Jacksons are doing background vocals. Im not sure how I feel about that. If sounds like an MJ song, maybe I wont feel too bad.

They really could've done a lot more for this soundtrack but they gotta get that money right?
I believe the this is it song was planed to include michael brothers, his brothers were going to be a guest along with janet, I believe there is more of michael music out there, and I believe some songs are with his brothers, per jermaine and jackie 2008 saying they were recording along with michael.

What about the actual album that he was working on? What happened to that?

if it exists we'll see it in a few years. after 2 more greatest hits compilations...

or mixed into 5 greatest hits compilations...

Surely they would be better capitalising on the success of an existing compilation and adding 'This Is It' to the tracklist. If the amount of new material is kept below a certain level, sales of the new version can be officially added to the sales of the original album. for example, Number Ones is right now the best selling album in the US this year but I would expect Taylor Swift to beat him in the run up to Xmas. BUT with the new single added to 'Ones' it would gain a new lease of life and could easily be the biggest US album this year, and probably the biggest album worldwide too! In the UK, 'The Essential' is the 5th best selling album this year. With the new single attached to it, it could become the best selling album of the year, easily!
Over the years I thought I had seen Sony shafting Mike and his fans enough. I didn't think they would continue to do that now, but I see they have no shame. I'm actually really angry about this!! :evil:

At least if we do buy it, we will have pretty pictures to look at in the booklet.Sony will know hardcore fans will buy the cd just because of this.

I surprised there isn't a separate companion book to buy as well...

I cant believe how negative people are being in this thread, I mean it was obvious they were not going to release a full new album or anything to take the shine away from the movie.

We must do MJ proud and send him soaring back to the top of the charts again worldwide, and think about all the new generation of kids getting to know the man, the legend through this compilation and the movie!!!

Our time will come soon, I'm sure! once This Is It has had its run in the cinemas etc then we can look forward to the new stuff coming out gradually over the next few years with an even bigger massive army of fans eager to buy whatever new comes out, and make sure MJ is never forgotten for decades hopefully centuries to come.
I have no problem sending MJ back to the top of the charts, but I'm not going to spend my hard earned money on buying songs that I have already purchased 10 times over.

At least if we do buy it, we will have pretty pictures to look at in the booklet.Sony will know hardcore fans will buy the cd just because of this.

I surprised there isn't a separate companion book to buy as well...

never say never... but sony isnt in the book publishing industry. if they were you can bet there would be.

We weren't expecting the new album. We were expecting the versions of the songs he performs in the film. The LIVE versions. That wouldn't take away from the movie, it would add to it. Because it would be the actual versions from the movie. That's the whole point of a movie soundtrack.
You expect people to be excited about ANOTHER greatest hits album?

there is a CHANCE that CD2 is the "rehearsals" since they are "unreleased versions of songs" implying either demos (which would be cool) or live tracks from other shows. the fact that they're leaving it rather vague has me worried though...

"Disc two offers previously unreleased versions of some of the artist's classic tracks. This disc also features a touching spoken word poem from Michael Jackson entitled "Planet Earth" that has never been heard before.

The two-disc This is It is a stand-alone companion to the motion picture and includes a 36-page, commemorative booklet featuring exclusive photos of Michael from his last rehearsal."

If CD 2 were a live CD, they could easily say so. They know we'd go nuts over that. That they don't makes me think we are getting demos & mabye remixes. The bolded stuff seems like the only new stuff in CD 2.

Also interesting that they say the two-disc is a "stand-alone companion" to the film. I am hoping they will do some kind of package w/ the DVD. We could see DVD releases like this:

TII DVD (just movie)
TII Blu-Ray
TII DVD (2 disc special features)
TII DVD (2 disc special features + live 2 CD soundtrack)

I will definitely buy it because Michael has to be No1 all over the world. I don't care if it's a live album or a greatest hits one. In a few years from now we won't have as many releases so I want to give my all. Michael is here now and forever!

who's the co producer john mcclain? surely they should have a got a producer who worked and understood mj?

Well hey we're getting them in a different order than before :smilerolleyes: Yay.

haha!

why do they keep doing this to us...

sorry but I won't be buying another greatest hits consisting of original recordings...

this is nothing to do with michael, they just want money money money

cd 1 is disappointing. what is cd 2 though..?

who's the co producer john mcclain? surely they should have a got a producer who worked and understood mj?
He is the co-executor of MJ's estate.

"Disc two offers previously unreleased versions of some of the artist's classic tracks. This disc also features a touching spoken word poem from Michael Jackson entitled "Planet Earth" that has never been heard before.

The two-disc This is It is a stand-alone companion to the motion picture and includes a 36-page, commemorative booklet featuring exclusive photos of Michael from his last rehearsal."

If CD 2 were a live CD, they could easily say so. They know we'd go nuts over that. That they don't makes me think we are getting demos & mabye remixes. The bolded stuff seems like the only new stuff in CD 2.

Also interesting that they say the two-disc is a "stand-alone companion" to the film. I am hoping they will do some kind of package w/ the DVD. We could see DVD releases like this:

TII DVD (just movie)
TII Blu-Ray
TII DVD (2 disc special features)
TII DVD (2 disc special features + live 2 CD soundtrack)

when coldplay released a live DVD a few years back it included a Live CD. i hope they do the same. but i wont hold my breath.

hell im still hoping the second disc of the film will include the complete uncut rehearsal footage... but again not holding my breath. this is sony we're taking about.

We weren't expecting the new album. We were expecting the versions of the songs he performs in the film. The LIVE versions. That wouldn't take away from the movie, it would add to it. That's the whole point of a movie soundtrack.

Exactly!
Yes of course a soundtrack album is suppose to have the songs on that were seen on the film but also fans were lead to believe by Sony and AEG Officials that there would be material that were recorded live from This Is It....

So it begs the question with what you've just wrote, how are we expected to get excited over another G Hits Package!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!! CANT WAIT! NEW SONG ON THE 12TH OCT, ALBUM 26TH OCT, EXHIBITION 12TH DEC AND THEN THRILLER LIVE 2ND JAN! SO EXCITED NEED ALL CAPS!! :p

Plus 100th Post!! :D

@Arty, I AGREE, I just can't do another greatest hits. I have enough. @MJJ:GOAT/Eric, no they don't sell CD singles anymore.. *telling my age now* but I remember when artist did put singles out that way they cld see how well ppl liked the song. I got tons of tape singles.I am grateful for the news posted, and grateful MJ will have a NEW song released, but damn a lil unhappy about Sony throwing us another Greatest Hits "bone"...I pray they have a surprise for us and have more unreleased songs on the CD set, or atleast put out a new CD for Xmas.

HOLYMACARONI! Can't believe this!:doh:

I really don't want to be negative, but come one....to hell with Sony/AEG! :(
I love that that it includes the Planet Earth poem and the 36-page booklet, but I mean seriously...this isn't what Michael's plans were, bringing out a greatest hits album again.....and that's what's really bothering me. This is not to be done in Michael's spirit and legacy, it's just another moneymaking.
At one side I would say, let's boycot them and not buying it...but on the other hand...I want to keep Mike number one in the charts.

Boohoooo, this is so frustrating! :cry:
Let there be justice, please.

Well it has a new song, that will do me!

Just remember ,this time last year we were unsure if we would ever see a new MJ song released.

How times have changed. Anyway I will certainly be supporting my idol by purchasing everything I can get my hands on, especially the Blu Ray DVD, cant wait!!

We weren't expecting the new album. We were expecting the versions of the songs he performs in the film. The LIVE versions. That wouldn't take away from the movie, it would add to it. Because it would be the actual versions from the movie. That's the whole point of a movie soundtrack.

shoot me now

What about the actual album that he was working on? What happened to that?

It's apparently being released next year.

Which one? I remember reading he was working on 3 (one pop, one instrumental & the other type I can't remember).

if it exists we'll see it in a few years. after 2 more greatest hits compilations...

or mixed into 5 greatest hits compilations...

:smilerolleyes: I can just see it now, they'll give us 3 or 4 new songs with each greatest hits compilation.

this is nothing to do with michael, they just want money money money

Yup. :(

@MJJ:GOAT/Eric, no they don't sell CD singles anymore.. *telling my age now* but I remember when artist did put singles out that way they cld see how well ppl liked the song. I got tons of tape singles.

Aww man. I would have definitely bought one.

HOPEFULLY iTunes will release the songs for individual purchase, but honestly i can see "this is it" being an "album only" track.

HOPEFULLY they'll release it as iTunes LP aswell. that'd be sweet!

Well it has a new song, that will do me!

Just remember ,this time last year we were unsure if we would ever see a new MJ song released.

How times have changed. Anyway I will certainly be supporting my idol by purchasing everything I can get my hands on, especially the Blu Ray DVD, cant wait!!
Yes, but we don't need to buy the album to get the new song. The new song's being released before the album anyway.

I'm really glad we'll get a new single so soon...but really disappointed by the double cd idea unless its sold at the price of one cd because double cds kill sales.

Why do I have a horrible feeling that the final nail in the coffin will be that the song "This It It" will be from 1979???

@MJJ:GOAT/Eric, no they don't sell CD singles anymore.. *telling my age now* but I remember when artist did put singles out that way they cld see how well ppl liked the song. I got tons of tape singles.I am grateful for the news posted, and grateful MJ will have a NEW song released, but damn a lil unhappy about Sony throwing us another Greatest Hits "bone"...I pray they have a surprise for us and have more unreleased songs on the CD set, or atleast put out a new CD for Xmas.

I had no idea they don't sell singles anymore... Haven't shopped for singles since "Cry".

OMG i cant wait :D thanks for posting

Back