New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

Re: New song on October 12th and 'This is it' Album out on October 26th

So disappointing ... yet another compilation. I should've seen it coming, but after hearing there was enough material for live albums I got my hopes up.

Yea whats so wrong in putting in live recordings?

??? I don´t know either. AEG sucks.

Who will buy another greatest hits cd?? People will download or buy the new single but why should they buy another greatest hits album??? For what?? There are so many greatest hits albums on the market.

A live CD on the other hand would´ve been so amazing.

Where is the LIVE This Is It Soundtrack SONY????

Kenny??? AEG???

What is GOING ON????

wow wow wow wow wow

omg omg omg omg omg omg

i can't wait!!!!

So disappointing ... yet another compilation. I should've seen it coming, but after hearing there was enough material for live albums I got my hopes up.

Me too.

When smoothcriminal05 announced a few day ago will get a live album I´ve pissed in my pants I was so happy-Now I´m just sad.

shoitness!! *faints* cannot wait!

well it'll be on separate discs disregard the 1st disc use as display then blast the second disc lol

AEG-You liars!!!!

Wow, another greatest hits album.
That's just...marvellous.

Where are the live recordings?!

I will only buy the single. I´m a hardcore MJ fan since 82 but I don´t need another greatest hits album. I´ve bought every greatest hits album but not this time. This is to much!!!

As excited as I am for the new song (and believe me I'm VERY excited), but seriously: do we need ANOTHER greatest hits compilation?

I mean, they could have at least made the first disc a "live" set and used the versions from the rehearsals rather than putting the "studio masters" we already have 7 copies of...

don't get me wrong, I'm excited, just slightly disappointed.

Sounds like its just another greatest hits album.

They shouldve sequenced the album the same as the proposed setlist for the tour. They could've edited all the tracks like Mike wouldve had them on tour with all the sound effects and all that. They couldve had the band play everything and use his vocals. That might've been kinda odd with the band, but Im sure he would've been lip syncing the uptempo joints at least.

As for the new song, it obviously wasnt finished if the Jacksons are doing background vocals. Im not sure how I feel about that. If sounds like an MJ song, maybe I wont feel too bad.

They really could've done a lot more for this soundtrack but they gotta get that money right?

Right heres what could happen

To maximise the amount of money they are going to make from us they will probably do this...

Release NEW SINGLE - "This Is It"
Release GREATEST HITS ALBUM - "This Is It"
Release THIS IS IT movie
Release THIS IS IT DVD
Release THIS IS IT Live CD

That way they will be making us buy 2 cd's and a dvd as oppose to just one of each.

Least I hope this is the plan, i was soooo looking forward to the LIVE CD, especially after hearing them vocals on Human Nature

They don´t get much money from me that´s for sure. I´ll only buy the new song and download maybe some of the unreleased tracks from CD2 but in no way I´ll buy CD1

To maximise the amount of money they are going to make from us they will probably do this...

Release THIS IS IT movie
Release THIS IS IT DVD

That way they will be making us buy 2 cd's and a dvd as oppose to just one of each.

Least I hope this is the plan, i was soooo looking forward to the LIVE CD, especially after hearing them vocals on Human Nature

I think you´re right. But they don´t fool me they can put their Greatest Hits Album elsewhere....-not buying it!

Well hey we're getting them in a different order than before :smilerolleyes:

Yea which is possible by arranging the songs and burning them onto a disk yourself

Of course i will be buying the CD although I wish just for one time Sony would actually stick to was has been spoke about quite openly about the CD featuring live recordings

there is a CHANCE that CD2 is the "rehearsals" since they are "unreleased versions of songs" implying either demos (which would be cool) or live tracks from other shows. the fact that they're leaving it rather vague has me worried though...

Damn after reading the posts about Sony/MJ's estate basically putting 2gether another Greatest Hits CD, I am no longer "that" excited. With ppl just wanting the new song, I think the CD won't do as well or ppl will either bootleg the new song or just purchase that one song off of iTunes.

Common people whe dont know if the first CD is not a LIVE CD. They dont say its not.
And the second CD can be amazing with starlight and all.

And we have an official new song.. :)

Yea which is possible by arranging the songs and burning them onto a disk yourself

Exactly! I don't want another greatest hits album.

Oh, October 12th is going to be such a good day. That's the day TII movie tickets are out here as well! But it will surely be a tough day. So much Michael-joy, but it won't bring Michael back, and it definitely won't take the pain away :(

About the album, I'm gonna buy it because I really want to hear him recite Planet Earth, and because of the demos and/or unreleased songs that are going to be on disc 2. And I want the "36-page, commemorative booklet featuring exclusive photos of Michael from his last rehearsal"!

Last edited:

Common people whe dont know if the first CD is not a LIVE CD. They dont say its not.

let's not kid ourselves - your right, we could be pleasently surprised.

they could also release a "single disc" version which will only be disc one (sound familiar? *cough*history*cough*).

sony knows we'll buy no matter what they put out so long as michaels on the cover... so why not keep screwing us by making us buy 7 greatest hits compilations each with a couple new tracks each time? that sounds more likely to me!

Release THIS IS IT movie
Release THIS IS IT DVD

Sounds like an idea to me dude
Lets hope your right :)

Just great. More rereleased material. Basically the only totally new song on this 2-disc set is "This Is It." The first disc is the same old MJ songs that have been rereleased 10 times over. The second disc has different versions of MJ's previous songs. Probably some demos or remixes. Nothing totally new there.

Um...yes they did. It said - "Disc one will feature the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film."

The original album masters are the original album recordings of the songs performed in This Is It. The first CD is just another greatest hits album.

Damn after reading the posts about Sony/MJ's estate basically putting 2gether another Greatest Hits CD, I am no longer "that" excited. With ppl just wanting the new song, I think the CD won't do as well or ppl will either bootleg the new song or just purchase that one song off of iTunes.

I will only buy the single. I´m a hardcore MJ fan since 82 but I don´t need another greatest hits album. I´ve bought every greatest hits album but not this time. This is to much!!!

Do they even release CD singles anymore? Or will we have to buy the single online (ex. iTunes)?

Do they even release CD singles anymore? Or will we have to buy the single online (ex. iTunes)?
I'm wondering that also. I don't think they release CD singles anymore but I'm not 100% sure.

This is incredibly disappointing.
I can't believe that Mike recorded a NEW song with his brothers on backing vocals, so it sounds to me as though they have squeezed their way into this project to raise their own profile (unless MickyJ is right and they recorded a version in the 70s!). Mike would not have worked with his brothers when he was alive in recent years, I'm sure of that.
also, what the hell are Sony thinking releasing yet another Greatest hits CD?!?! The last thing anybody needs is another greatest hits CD. Number Ones, King of Pop and Essential have sold millions across the globe in the last few months. The frequent re-releasing of Mike's back catalogue was already a joke in the industry and it will be even worse now. I was 100% committed to buy the products that Sony put out in support of Michael Jackson's legacy (DVDs, new studio album, live album etc.), to show that he can have success after death but I have to be honest now. I'm 99.9% I won't be buying that album, just as I didn't buy King of Pop or Essential. I don't need another hits album!

Last edited:

What about the actual album that he was working on? What happened to that?

Back