New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

Re: New song on October 12th and 'This is it' Album out on October 26th

Wow,TSCM said it best!Glad 2 hear he included his brothers...Excited and sad at the same time.

Maybe people shouldn't believe everything other people post...especially cause it's easy to make up things.

Anyway...I wonder if This It It is an old song, since it includes backing vocals by the Jacksons.

I hope we DO get a live CD. but a new song is SO exciting!!!! WOOHOO :D

Maybe MJ didint sing all the song LIVE. So thats why they say that the first CD is about new arrangements.

Why not release the live vocals??? Who needs the studio recording with new arrangements???

Does it mean that in the end they thought the live vocal weren´t good enough for a release????

at the end of the day they want to make as much money with as litle outgoing as possible. so that means rehashing BJ etc and not bothering to go through live footage.also we dont know if mj did complete rehearsals for each song interms of vocals. rehearsals are just that so maybe they didnt think they were good enough

AEG and Kenny i believe both said there was enough LIVE RECORDED AUDIO for 2 Live CD's.

Okay, so the second album might contain the Chicago 1945 demo? It might include Hot Fever? Starlight? etc...

I'm sorry.. but this is just insane..

This Is AMAZING. That is all..

at the end of the day they want to make as much money with as litle outgoing as possible. so that means rehashing BJ etc and not bothering to go through live footage.also we dont know if mj did complete rehearsals for each song interms of vocals. rehearsals are just that so maybe they didnt think they were good enough

Not bothering to go through live footage?? Well they must do that anyway for the movie
so no extra work on the audio part!
or was MJ lipsincing the songs??

AEG and Kenny i believe both said there was enough LIVE RECORDED AUDIO for 2 Live CD's.

Yepp you´re right they´ve said that in interviews. And now we get nothing!!!

Thanks AEG you suck!!!!!!!

Great, another greatest hits, just what we need.Not.

I am hoping the DVD & live cd will be packaged together.

whatever it is, i'm buying it.

I'm just curious about the backing vocals thing. I just hope they didn't record them after Michael's passing.

The first disc will include original masters of some of Jackson's biggest songs arranged as they would be in the film, while the second disc will be comprised of unreleased versions of some of the King of Pop's classic songs.

So if I understand this correctly, we aren't getting songs that are really new other than 'This Is It'.

The epitome of bittersweet... :) :(

:(

''This song is featured in the film's closing sequence and includes backing vocals by Michael's brothers, the Jacksons.'' :O

Where do you get that from? Its not in the ET article.

I think the backing vocals of his bros were added after his passing...as the track has just been finsihed off....if they have ruined it i shall be pissed lmao

In the end Disc 1 is just another Greatest Hits Cd with a new song.

Disc one will feature the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film.

what is the point of that? how many times have we got these songs on cd...!

Does anyone remember in the trailer the new sounding smoothcriminal ..It sounded like there was an orchestra playing it because the strings were really prominent..AnywaY I think the first cd might sound like this..Because there is noway they will release regurgitated masters that have been on countless albums...I think that sound on smooth criminal in the trailer is how all the songs will sound..I just hope the vocals are from the rehersals too...But when it says a new arangment, I think it is this sound that Iheard on smooth criminal..And I loved it lol

The disc ends with two versions of the never-released "This Is It."

1. This Is It (early version - late 1970's, early 1980's)
2. This Is It (new version - 2009)

??

If the reason there is no live cd because there isn't enough material (which I don't believe), how are they going to do a bonus DVD with the film of the last dress rehearsal?

If the reason there is no live cd because there isn't enough material (which I don't believe), how are they going to do a bonus DVD with the film of the last dress rehearsal?

Very good question!

This news suck very much!

Thank you for your posting!!!
Oh my god.....Great news...But I can't have whole happiness:(
MJ is not here with us anymore, that makes me feel so sad

"Disc one will feature the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film"

This just means that the original songs (that we all have a million times) will be arranged in the order they appear in the film. This is soooo dissapointing

They are probably holding out on us. They might release that later, for example as a package (TII DVD + TII Live 2 CD Soundtrack).

It's in the news section at www.michaeljackson.com Couldn't be more official than that....

Thank you!

Yepp you´re right they´ve said that in interviews. And now we get nothing!!!

Thanks AEG you suck!!!!!!!

:lol: They know people want the new song so they are forcing us to buy it in a package.

"Disc one will feature the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film"

This just means that the original songs (that we all have a million times) will be arranged in the order they appear in the film. This is soooo dissapointing

Yea whats so wrong in putting in live recordings?

Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but after hearing about a dozen times about the 100-200 unreleased songs that they PLAN on releasing, the idea of yet ANOTHER greatest hits compilation is just appalling. Makes you wonder if we'll ever hear the new stuff.

I hope "This is it" is at least from the last 2-3 years, would be kind of a downer if it were from the 80s :doh:

what is the point of that? how many times have we got these songs on cd...!

Well hey we're getting them in a different order than before :smilerolleyes: Yay.

Last edited:
Back