New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

I hope somebody in Sony is monitoring the fan reactions to their actions. IF Sony or the Michael Jackson estate want to continue Michael Jackson's legacy into the future - it's the only way for them to earn the money they want - then they have to start giving the fans (and the public) what they want.

Neither the fans or the public wants another greatest hits. MJ has sold in excess of 6million hits albums (1s, Essential, KoP) since June 25th. That's 6 MILLION HITS ALBUMS SOLD.

Why the hell do they think that another one so soon will be a success??? Anybody who already wanted a hits album has bought one. The market is saturated.

It's clear the fans are upset and angry that Sony continue to shaft us. Another hits album is damaging to Michael Jackso's legacy. Many site were already ridiculing the number of hits album when KoP was released. Now we get this. Sony's chairman will have to suck my balls before I purchase another hits album.

You are cracking me up! I'm used to Sony's BS and I have stopped buying Greatest Hits albums a long time ago. I hope you have done the same. I'm going to buy the 'This is it' single and I am going to download the demos on disc2. I suggest you do the same.

Yes I´ll do the same thing as you do. I´ll buy the new single and I´m going to download the demos on disc2.

so the song " this it it " i belive must be a recording from the new album " one worked on for realise sometime during or after the tour " and it was unfinished so the jacksons have recorded backing vocals over the track as for disk 2 i feel its a rip off as we only get 1 new track and it isnt a full song its spoken word its lovely and i cant wait to hear it but isnt anyone else feeling robbed here?

Why did Michael never record anything new last 10 years? OMG. i dont want a re release, how hard could it be to record a new single for the tour.

Sources are now telling me the single WILL not be available for purchase on Itunes on Oct 12th. The Oct 12th date is just for radio airplay release. I'm also hearing that I-tunes will not allow individual downloads of the tracks from the album. It's an all or nothing deal.

Sources are now telling me the single WILL not be available for purchase on Itunes on Oct 12th. The Oct 12th date is just for radio airplay release. I'm also hearing that I-tunes will not allow individual downloads of the tracks from the album. It's an all or nothing deal.

What do your sources tell you about the Live-Album??

What do your sources tell you about the Live-Album??

Initially I was told the entire disc was in fact a live album, however when Sony released the statement yesterday I was a bit shocked to only see the original recordings of the songs. It's too bad because if it was indeed a live album then sales would have been much higher. Even I am a bit disappointed to have another "best of" compilation.

Initially I was told the entire disc was in fact a live album, however when Sony released the statement yesterday I was a bit shocked to only see the original recordings of the songs. It's too bad because if it was indeed a live album then sales would have been much higher. Even I am a bit disappointed to have another "best of" compilation.

Any hope of a future live-album??? Maybe Sony will release the live-album a bit later??

WoWW the news are getting better and better.........

So there's no chance MJ can get a #1 single in this decade then? :( The TII single would have been his last (and greatest) chance before 2010, but now there's no single and the album is "buy all" only... hmpf.

Guess that means no video (even if it was just rehearsal footage) for the TII song either then...

Could it be the case that Michael did not have many (if any) recordings for a 'new album'? Ne-Yo and Akon have both talked about FUTURE plans to work with MJ on his new album.

So there's no chance MJ can get a #1 single in this decade then? :( The TII single would have been his last (and greatest) chance before 2010, but now there's no single and the album is "buy all" only... hmpf.

Guess that means no video (even if it was just rehearsal footage) for the TII song either then...
There will be a single. The This Is It single.

Its time we stopped expecting fresh new and fan exciting stuff, Sony dont care about fans emotions, Sony care about, profit, Business and low cost high profit ideas. There must be 100s of MJ must haves for fans but realise you`ll pay through the nose for them bit by bit, year by year

Last edited:
Could it be the case that Michael did not have many (if any) recordings for a 'new album'? Ne-Yo and Akon have both talked about FUTURE plans to work with MJ on his new album.
I think there is very little new work of Michael. He was working on some music, but he never said he was working on a new album. He was just playing with sounds, not really recording anything. Fans need to accept that. It was the fans who made themselves believe Michael was working on a new album, Michael never said it himself.

the press reelase implies the song will be unveiled on the 12th not that it will be released to be bought. if its gonna be released i would expect it to happen along side the movie. so it gives it a couple weeks of airplay first which also promotes the film

not sure what that has to do with this film and soundtrack. any new material is gonna be released in th coming months and years as brand new albums. not put onto this project that has nothing to do with it

Disc 1 should be audio from THIS IS IT, not the normal versions of songs. Damn...

I know, that's what I thought too. The video clips I've seen from TII are him singing live mostly. I just think it should be from that rehearsal material. Otherwise I'll do what a lot of others will also be doing - just buying the songs I want from iTunes or something. I want that poem. At least with the boxset, there were several songs we've never heard before, but those demos are all songs we know. I hate to complain, but geez, when will Sony ever listen to the fans? As others have said, the fans all have those songs, and newfound fans will have already gotten them since June on CDs that were already out. What are they thinking? :doh:

the live tracks will prob be reelased with the 20th limited edition cd in 2020

Last edited:
Its time we stopped expecting fresh new and fan exciting stuff, Sony dont care about fans emotions, Sony care about, profit, Business and low cost high profit ideas. There must be 100s of MJ must haves for fans but realise you`ll pay through the nose for them bit by bit, year by year

Okay, so I guess I can't do what I said since they are making it an all or nothing thing. Thanks Sony!!
If they really do even care about profit, then why do it like this??? All of his fans want new material or unreleased. We would all be buying it, but not another greatest hits disc. They are not thinking.

Re: New song on October 12th and 'This is it' Album out on October 26th

I'm really glad we'll get a new single so soon...but really disappointed by the double cd idea unless its sold at the price of one cd because double cds kill sales.
yeah and one cd is a cd us fans dont need had i not a gift card i wouldnt have bought it

MJ_TII_COVER_5x5.jpg

i really hope the songs in disc 1 are live version from TII .
or i will just buy the single. Im done with Sony's game.seriously

Hate that the artwork says "The Songs That Inspired the Movie" - makes the general public question - at least initially - whether it even includes MJ's songs, while also proving that these are definately not the live tracks from the film...

HAHA, funny if they have the original tracks on the CD. The music that inspired the movie. Lame. The movie inspired by music maybe. This Is It should never happen, too bad it wasn't a press conference that he would retire instead, knowing what happen.

What if Michael never:
*announced the tour.
*met dr donrad murderer.
*announced the tour, instead releaseing a new album.

The list could be long, if only one thing was made different he would still be alive. Scary. Not healthy to think so.

Back