New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

This Is It - the start of 1 new song released every year or two included only in a greatest hits package!

Just think even when he was alive we were getting greatest hits every year - can't see it getting better now he's gone!?

Sorry I'm not being positive - I really want to be but we are really being taken for a ride! Can we stop it though?

Reading through this thread and the other thread...I'm waiting til the tracklist is released to start looking forward to this.

This Is It - the start of 1 new song released every year or two included only in a greatest hits package!

Just think even when he was alive we were getting greatest hits every year - can't see it getting better now he's gone!?

Sorry I'm not being positive - I really want to be but we are really being taken for a ride! Can we stop it though?

I noticed the duo Cd. l thought here we go again. Am looking forward though to the single:)

is there new vocals on the This is it single or is it 30 years old vocals lol ????

will cry my eyes out..
so double CD now
Film straight after
DVD by Xmas
Opus in DEC
Gosh my Credit card is going to get maxed

The press release doesn't make it entirely clear that TII (song) will be released as a physical single, it could mean that the song will premiere (online, radio, etc) on Oct. 12th and only be available as part of the album. Though, personally, I hope for a single so MJ can have a 21st Century #1.

It DOES say it will be released as a single:

On October 12th, the first new Michael Jackson song to emerge since the world mourned the loss of this musical icon will be released – a brand new single entitled "This Is It."

Also another point to consider, Alexandra Burke and Robbie Williams both have singles being released for sale on October 12th!
I hope Sony don't mean the single will be released to buy on 12th October. If they do, then Mike has no chance at getting No.1. It might scrape top 5 but with such short notice, no advertising (so far), no music video (they haven't mentioned one yet), any no airplay (so far) it won't get the top spot. No way.

I hope Sony mean it will be released to radio on the 12th with a sales release to follow (if this is what they mean why haven't they given us a sales date??)

BUT judging from Sony's apparent disregard for the fans and Michael Jackson, and their lack of common sense it wouldn't surprise me at all if they sabotaged any singles success this song could have by releasing it at such short notice (less than 3 weeks!) and in competition with 2 other massive singles that are already gaining lots of airplay.

Just a thought. If Mike rehearsed the single during rehearsals - I heard he did - the music video could contain clips of the rehearsal and promote the theatrical release.

Come on Sony, prove you're not all muppets and give us some clear details!!

Last edited:
Geeeeez how many times do I have to say it:

This Is It (brand new 2009 version) and
This Is It (early 1980 version).

Credit Card? Save up like any sensible person and pay with your own money.

come on...no way...pay it from Credit card and pay it back within the interest free period...
my savings will earn 4% in the meantime...
cash management :) that is what credit cards about...:) using them wise :)

^Well said, if that's what you do. I just have a thing against people getting in debt these days with the global reccession and all, but it seems as you're one of the smart ones ;)

Anyway back to the topic - I have a feeling Sony may release a live sound track at some point, after this greatest hits peice of rubbish. I think I'll buy the double CD, break off the 1st CD and send it back to sony. I'm primarily interested in new and unreleased stuff.

This is it Tracklisting:

original posted by screamlouder(jacksonvillage)

CD1
1 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
2 Jam
3 They Don't Care About Us
4 Human Nature
5 Smooth Criminal (Radio Edit)
6 The Way You Make Me Feel
7 Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
8 I Just Can't Stop Loving You
9 Thriller
10 Beat It Single Version
11 Black Or White
12 Earth Song
13 Billie Jean
14 Man In The Mirror
15 This Is It Album Version
16 This Is It Orchestra Version
CD2
1 She's Out Of My Life Demo Track 3:19
2 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' Demo Track 5:43
3 Beat It Demo Track 2:03
4 Planet Earth Poem Track 3:13

Hold on guys!!!!

Wait a minute!!!!

Sony has working overtime to get this fantastic CD done. They work 24 hours nonstop to give us the same song order on the album as Mike is performing in the movie.

Isn´t that freaking fantastic?

I mean Hello the same song order-Like in the movie!!

Did you all understand this?? This is huge!!

I really hope Sony has enough time left to get the exact song order thing done -I mean they work overtime they work so hard o the CD like madmen but there are only a few days left.

I cannot wait to hear the songs on my stereo in the same order like in the movie. If sony gives me this present I´ll piss in my pants. This is awesome!!!!

WOOWWWW Cannot wait!! I´ll buy 8 copies!! Where Can I preorder??????????
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

This is it Tracklisting:

CD1
2 Jam
4 Human Nature
9 Thriller
11 Black Or White
12 Earth Song
13 Billie Jean
14 Man In The Mirror
CD2

Wake me up when Sony is releasing something worth my money.

If that tracklist is right, then i will be very annoyed if they are not show re arrangements since there is next to nothing on disc two....

This is it Tracklisting:

CD1
2 Jam
4 Human Nature
9 Thriller
11 Black Or White
12 Earth Song
13 Billie Jean
14 Man In The Mirror
CD2

Is this a freaking joke???

Oh wait a minute the "Radio Edit" of Smooth Criminal??? AWESOME!!!! I never heard this version before! Cannot wait for the CD .

I can't wait! It's a few weeks before my birthday too. Hee hee.

I hope the song reaches everybody and they decide to pick up the CD. I hope it sells really well. Can't wait to hear the song. I'm so anxious.

If that tracklist is right, then i will be very annoyed if they are not show re arrangements since there is next to nothing on disc two....

Right. They could have t least release the whole version of Songs like Circus Girl

and for example The Girl is Mine with only MJs vocals etc. But this release is crap if its the right tracklist.

NOW I understand for the first time why Mike hated Sony so much!!!!

Where on earth is 'Dangerous' ?????

He performed this song.

Good question. And since you asking let me also ask a question. Where on earth are the live versions of the songs?? Or was he miming the songs??

But we already know he definately performed Dangerous, We Are The World and Dirty Diana, so where are they?!

And although I have yet to hear any of the demos from Disc 2, it seems like a waste of a second disc for only 14 minutes - couldn't they have just spread these bonuses over the different single releases, or have them as iTunes exclusives, etc, and have the Live tracks as disc 2?

Where on earth is 'Dangerous' ?????

He performed this song.

Why do you need Dangerous on the CD??? Don´t you have the album version from the Dangerous CD?? Don´t you own the Dangerous CD???

I hope the movie is so good that it will save this projekt!

The Cd is for a start a disaster when the tracklist is the right one.

Why do you need Dangerous on the CD??? Don´t you have the album version from the Dangerous CD?? Don´t you own the Dangerous CD???

He's asking where the track is, since if this cd follows in order the set list from the film. Wonder if it's been cut from the film then?

I don't need Dangerous on the CD one bit. However the CD shows the song "in the sequence they appear in the film".. and "Dangerous" is missing.

I wanted to see Dangerous performed live one last time, but it appears it won't be in the film. It was clearly rehearsed and a well-known explosive routine. NOT IMPRESSED!

From a fan's perspective, the Soundtrack, all in all, is a fvcking joke. Don't even get me started on CD 2.

There's only one saving grace - and this could be that the DVD has "Extras" which show performances such as Dangerous and Dirty Diana etc.

The good news is that MJ could have a number one movie, single and album all at the same time, that would be another record wouldnt it?

The good news is that MJ could have a number one movie, single and album all at the same time, that would be another record wouldnt it?

That is good news???? lol don´t make me laugh!!

I don´t care for numbers-I only care for music! A number like 1-2-3 doesn´t bring me joy.

I never said to myself wow I just have seen number 34 wooowww so amazing...

Back