New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

I´m sure that the This is it song is an old song from 79/80 and they only release this song because it goes so well with the Concert and Now Movie Titel and Michael was going to perform the song for the same reason.
But maybe MJ was in the studio and did new vocal recordings for the song but I don´t think he would do such a thing because Mike had a perfect voice 79/80 and he knows that so he was probably thinking it´s already perfect. The only thing I think they´ve changed is the music. The 79/80 track might have sound dated so they did a new playback with Mikes old voice.
If it´s true that is awesome news to me because for me the best MJ albums are Destiny, Off the Wall and Triumph 78-83 was the Golden Area of MJ the era I most love

Like I said 20 pages back:

This Is It (2009 version)
This Is It (late 1970's/early 1980's version)

..is what we'll get.

Like I said 20 pages back:

This Is It (2009 version)
This Is It (late 1970's/early 1980's version)

..is what we'll get.

The question is has the 2009 version new vocals and a new playback or only a new playback and the old voice from 79/80 studio version???

I bet the vocal is the same on both versions they´ve only changed the music.

My thoughts are that it will be a completely new version.. including different composition and vocals.

My thoughts are that it will be a completely new version.. including different composition and vocals.

I see but what do you mean with different composition?? If the 2009 version has different composition it will be a complete different song. I cannot believe that the 2009 version is a different song. I think it´s the same song with just a new playback.

And why should he record new vocals??? Has he done that in the past?

For example Come Together was recorded in the 80s and he put that vocal performance on the 95 history album he didn´t record new vocals for the song. The same goes for all the Blood on the Dancefloor Songs. All vocals have been recorded in the early 90´s but released 97

if the this is it album is a 2 cd set, then i think the DVD will be a 2 dvd set as well.

I dont whether to be excited or sad bout this....so much confusing emotion

I only read the first pages in this topic... but most people will probably make an audio disc or two from the live tracks on the DVD. So it's all good.

Well said!

Disk 2 BTW is demo's, so it's more than just another hits collection. 17.99 for a disk full of demo's, two versions of a new song, plus a booklet is still a good deal in my book. The last time I bought a Michael Jackson album was in 2001 or so when I bought Invincible and the digital remasters of OTT/Thriller/Bad/Dangerous. Since the other demo's/unreleased songs on other hits collections are just one or two new ones per disk, spending a lot of money on it wasn't worth it. Plus I haven't upgraded a hits album since 1995's HIStory album, so I could go for a different mix-up of listening to the classics too (no ipod here; I'm old-school!).

As for no live disk of a Michael Jackson album, The Jacksons Live, granted is technically Jacksons, still amazes me! (I'm a big fan of Mike being w/ his brothers, reminds me of the old days!). It opens w/ Can You Feel It, then has great tracks like Rock w/ You, Shake Your Body, Heartbreak Hotel, She's out of My Life, J5 medley/I'll Be There, Lovely One, etc, just tons of energy, and the Can You Feel It ROCKS!!!! Yeah, true there's nothing from Thriller and onward, but Mike's voice sounds awesome, and I'm as a big a fan of songs like CYFI and Shake Your Body as tracks from his later albums. Anyways to any 'newbie' or what have you who doesn't have it and wants to hear MJ live, for seven bucks @ amazon you can't go wrong (their tracklisting is wrong; the user in the review posted the right one): http://www.amazon.com/Live-Jacksons/dp/B0012GMWUW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1253746853&sr=1-1

1. Opening/Can You Feel It
2. Things I Do for You Listen
3. Off the Wall
4. Ben
5. This Place Hotel
6. She's Out of My Life
7. Movie and Rap (Including Excerpts of: I Want You Back/Never Can Say Goodbye)
8. Medley: I Want You Back/ABC/The Love You Save
9. I'll Be There
10. Rock With You
11. Lovely One
12. Working Day and Night
13. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
14. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)

you're not joking :thinking: really this what is coming out

also i'm so waitting for it to come out in stores it been for years :yes:

This is great Who cares what version it is. For now this is good. In the future we will get more stuff NEW stuff this is just the begining!

I can't wait to hear the song but way to go Sony trying to make ppl think it's a " new MJ album". I really hope they'll release the new stuff Mike was working on, it would be such a shame....:no:

Everybody's talking about demos and stuff on the 2nd CD - well, it just says unreleased versions. I'll bet that it is just edits and extendeds and radio mixes and RUBISH!

Untill I see a tracklist, I won't get too excited...

Everybody's talking about demos and stuff on the 2nd CD - well, it just says unreleased versions. I'll bet that it is just edits and extendeds and radio mixes and RUBISH!

havent thought about that yet :O :angel:
but you could be so right :(

damn it

but i just will wait and order it with i know what the tracklist is like :timer::punk:

IF THIS CD IS GOING TO HAVE SONGS ON IT i ALREADY HAVE I DONT SEE ANY POINT IN BUYING IT!! BORED BORED BORED!! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN RELEASING NEW STUFF!! ARE SONY CRAZY!! HEY MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE'RE GET ANOTHER GREATEST HITS PACKAGE!! YIPEE IM SO EXCITED!!! I WONDER IF BILLIE JEAN WILL BE ON IT!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ i just hope this is it is a BRAND NEW SONG!!

This is probably part of sony's evil plan and their hidden way of saying '' haha we are still making easy money off you, even after michael died and we are gonna get all our catalogue back at the same time too.''

How can aeg say they have all this new material for albums and then sony who WORKS WITH AEG...release an album that hasbeen released before...and just put this is it book inside lt and picture on cover..What a kick in the teeth this might be and a huge f you that son might be saying..Remember Sony HATE's michael, Michael ruined them and own half of them...They are tring to get their own back in sly ways

Yeah, I've got a feeling this is exactly what it'll be. I hope beyond hope that my feeling is wrong!

I hope this isn't how it's gonna be though, releasing one or two new songs at a time but mixing it with GH albums and the like. I wanna get a whole album of new songs someday. Am I dreaming?

pffft. Another greatest hits album (how many are there now!?) with ONE new song and a poem.

I freaking hate sony so much for capitalising on the fans grief like this. They are SCUM!

I dont think I will be buying it. This is a joke. How many un-released new songs are there out there that they could have made in to a whole new album? What are they going to do, drip feed us on new song on a greatest hits album every year for the next 10 years or something and bleed us dry?

Im so angry right now and so frustrated. I doubt Michael would have done a whole new tour with only one new song. But THEY are the ones who have over 100 hours of footage and THEY are the ones who have ultimately decided what version of the concert they will release to us and it only contains the ONE NEW SONG.

I HATE THEM!!!!! :(

Back