New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

They may not be releasing a live album because those will be selling points for a DVD/Blu-Ray.

As I said, if that happens, you'll be able to rip the audio. I have done this on several DVD releases.

I'll be getting it just because its Michael, although I'm almost positive I already have most of the songs that will be on the disc. But dammnit, everytime I think I'm over this, something just pushes me back into realization, and that he's no longer with us in the physical. :boohoo:

So will we be able to download or purchase the new single on Oct. 12th or will it just be released to be played on the radio?

Confused here about the song 'This Is It'. Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald wrote and released a song with the same title around 1979. Then a few times in this thread it is mentioned that J5 had a song of the same name around 1980.

Is it normal to have 2 different songs with the same title by different people, or is the one done by the J5 actually the Kenny Loggins original song. The Kenny Loggins/Michael McDonald composition and then released song/performance was very well known and played at that time in the U.S.

?

This should feel so exciting but given everythng thats happened i can't help but feel so strange about it all.

The CD, and the new material it will contain are ONLY meant as a side dish to the dinner, whcih is the FILM!
So I am totally happy with one song and some variations.

In the coming years, and please remember for many of us here in 20 years we will still be younger than MJ when he died, the MJ estate will be aiming to market and promote the various TONS & TONS of unreleased music on albums, and all that footage MJ recorded of himself since Thriller. look at how the beatles keep repackaging there hits, WE are Lucky we all know how much stuff MJ recorded and NEVER released!

We have years of unreleased FULL albums and Full DVD concerts, behind scenes private footage etc... on whatever format becomes the main one in the years and decades to come. This is NOT IT! IT'S THE BEGIINNG! only the begining!

so thats why its all about the film and NOT the album, interest in the film footage only has a short life span, remember it's a rehearsal, despite the sadness, it's NOT a finished piece.

So relax, enjoy the film, play the song, buy the cd or not, its all going to be so much better in the next ten years new music wise than the past ten.

Be happy, its what MJ would want! plenty of time for a new album next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe october, the xmas market? think of the money and marketing and u will see why its being done this way, it going to be better in the LONG run!

o relax, enjoy the film, play the song, buy the cd or not, its all going to be so much better in the next ten years new music wise than the past ten.

Be happy, its what MJ would want! plenty of time for a new album next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe october, the xmas market? think of the money and marketing and u will see why its being done this way, it going to be better in the LONG run!

sorry but that sounds really distasteful.i know u prob dont mean it that way but...

The CD, and the new material it will contain are ONLY meant as a side dish to the dinner, whcih is the FILM!
So I am totally happy with one song and some variations.

In the coming years, and please remember for many of us here in 20 years we will still be younger than MJ when he died, the MJ estate will be aiming to market and promote the various TONS & TONS of unreleased music on albums, and all that footage MJ recorded of himself since Thriller. look at how the beatles keep repackaging there hits, WE are Lucky we all know how much stuff MJ recorded and NEVER released!

We have years of unreleased FULL albums and Full DVD concerts, behind scenes private footage etc... on whatever format becomes the main one in the years and decades to come. This is NOT IT! IT'S THE BEGIINNG! only the begining!

so thats why its all about the film and NOT the album, interest in the film footage only has a short life span, remember it's a rehearsal, despite the sadness, it's NOT a finished piece.

So relax, enjoy the film, play the song, buy the cd or not, its all going to be so much better in the next ten years new music wise than the past ten.

You make sooo Much sense than the original Article...Lmao... Thanks sooo Much for explaining...:D

So, is the movie being released to theaters the same thing as the DVD?

So the song is going to be released before the movie comes out? I was kind of hoping to just be surprised by it while watching the movie, but I guess I will settle for early release. Yes, early release is good. :)

Re: New song on October 12th and 'This is it' Album out on October 26th

i don't think I'm refering to you; but if the cap fits, then wear it

was that directed at me? cause if it was, you are waaaay misunderstading what i said.
i don't think I'm refering to you; but if the cap fits, then wear it

Oh what? I got this email on my iphone earlier and I was kinda excited, but they didn't include the info about what is on each disc in the email. Another greatest hits? wtf is the point.

Just when I thought the sense of loss couldn't feel any worse, I wish you were here so so so so badly Michael. :(

@smoothcriminal 05

You said that the This is it CD will be a live CD with Mikes live vocals. I was so happy about that but now we don´t get the live vocals in the end.

A huge huge dissapointment for me!!!

What happened to the "Live CD"?

Who says they can't do both? Release this first..then Live later?

Last edited:

God I don't know if I want to hear the new songs without him promoting them... It's gonna kill me... I am not even sure if I wanna see the movie anymore...

Same here.... :(
I'm so sad...
Don't know if I could be happy ever :no:

I'm only interested in the new material. Can't bear any greatest hits compilation anymore... So for me it's only gonna be the This is it song and poem from Itunes I guess.
They better come up with something special instead of these crappy compilations.

I bet the new songs will come up as album only tracks on itunes.

Confused here about the song 'This Is It'. Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald wrote and released a song with the same title around 1979. Then a few times in this thread it is mentioned that J5 had a song of the same name around 1980.

Is it normal to have 2 different songs with the same title by different people, or is the one done by the J5 actually the Kenny Loggins original song. The Kenny Loggins/Michael McDonald composition and then released song/performance was very well known and played at that time in the U.S.

?

Yes, it is :)

"Wish You Were Here" Pink Floyd - Rednex
"Rain" Madonna - Jose Feliciano
"Money" Pink Floyd - Michael Jackson
"Honey" Bobby Goldsboro - Mariah Carey
"Somebody To Love" Jefferson Airplane - Queen
"One" U2 - Bee Gees
"One of Us" ABBA - Joan Osborne
"Saving All My Love For You" Tom Waits - Whitney Houston

GREATTTTT, OCTOBER IS THE BIGGEST MONTH!!!!!! hehe my birthday is on 13 october

wow this is so hard and the first time i've ever refused to buy a Michael cd BUT i am not going to be buying this.
who cares

The press release doesn't make it entirely clear that TII (song) will be released as a physical single, it could mean that the song will premiere (online, radio, etc) on Oct. 12th and only be available as part of the album. Though, personally, I hope for a single so MJ can have a 21st Century #1.

So disc 1 will be a GH with, I am assuming here, the original demo of TII AND a 2009 version (which, from what I can gather, MJ always wanted to release in conjunction with the tour, hence the name)... they said they had worked on it post June 25th, so maybe the Jackson's vocals are a new addition?

Disc 2 still seems like a vague mystery... and a little bundled together (after all this is the OST to TII, so what has Planet Earth from 1991 got to do with TII 2009?), but on the plus side, it does state PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED versions, so at least it'll be new to us, if not 'new' as in 2009.

And maybe, just maybe, the DVD may come as a 2 Disc bundle, with the Live OST as disc 2... It would be the epitomee of cashing in, but there you go.

You have to remember this isnt just for fans, this is for 'normal' people too! I bet the other greatest hist will be pulled off the shelf while this is on sale
exactly. well said.

i think some people are being too selfish. me me me me meeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

have you fogotten that that the hard drive is lost?
the songs are ONLY on the hard drive???? I suppose they would be elsewhere too- maybe at the studio or in the "vault" (lol, dangerous deposition reference)

*sigh* I'm sooooo excited and soooo sad too.
Michael said he wants his music to live on- so here you have it!

I'm DEFINITELY buying the cd. I gotta help cd sales!!! hmmmm....they might sell out quick...

Back