MJ Concert Experiences

I saw him on The Victory Tour when I was a little girl Thank You Mom & Dad!!
Also My older brother & I went to see him On the BAD Tour in 88'
aawhhhhhhhhhhh...I feel Blessed. It brings tears to my eyes to get lost in the memories of those days..and I often do. :angel:

I saw him on The Victory Tour when I was a little girl Thank You Mom & Dad!!
Also My older brother & I went to see him On the BAD Tour in 88'
aawhhhhhhhhhhh...I feel Blessed. It brings tears to my eyes to get lost in the memories of those days..and I often do. :angel:

Victory and Bad?!?!

I was born in 1995... I was either not born yet or I was too little to go to his concerts.. But, however, in 1997... My parents brought me to the place where he held the concert in the country I live in.... I can´t remember though (I was only 2 years old!) . My mother said we just stood there outside and were listening to his music.. That´s my only "experience".. I was born too late.. I missed out :cry: But I´m very thankful for my "experience" :angel:

Bump! Any more experiences?

yup...

prague '96
budapest '96
vienna '97
2x munich '97
berlin '97
leipzig '97
hockenheim '97
mj&friends munich '99

the first two was for me a journey to see the king. that was like school for me. to understand everything around Michael Jackson. the fans. concerts, rehearsals...
'97 was so amazing. at vienna, he was ill. and i was far away from the stage. munich too.
berlin was my first front row. leipzig too. i think these were the best concerts! especially leipzig. i will never forget the bug :D, and how relaxed michael was.
hockenheim was .... mmm all i can say HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
and mj&friends. i was 2nd and 3rd row. in the middle. and i will never forget the incident that michael had. the big bang after he falls to the ground during earth song.

yup...

prague '96
budapest '96
vienna '97
2x munich '97
berlin '97
leipzig '97
hockenheim '97
mj&friends munich '99

the first two was for me a journey to see the king. that was like school for me. to understand everything around Michael Jackson. the fans. concerts, rehearsals...
'97 was so amazing. at vienna, he was ill. and i was far away from the stage. munich too.
berlin was my first front row. leipzig too. i think these were the best concerts! especially leipzig. i will never forget the bug :D, and how relaxed michael was.
hockenheim was .... mmm all i can say HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
and mj&friends. i was 2nd and 3rd row. in the middle. and i will never forget the incident that michael had. the big bang after he falls to the ground during earth song.

OMG! So lucky! :O

Bumping this awesome thread back up!

Pictures, memories, in depth stories, whatever! Please share!

I seen Michael live 6 times. They were Paris HIStory Tour 1997 (twice), Dublin HIStory Tour 1997, Michael & Friends Concert Germany 1999, Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Show MSG 2001 (twice). The concert in NY was the best because Michael performed with his brothers and I always wanted to see them perform together. Auctually the first time I was ever at a concert was the Paris one in 1997 and I was standing in the 5th row from the front but I was getting squashed so my friend pushed me up and I began crowd surfing. I never experienced this before then I ended up at the side of the stage and I could see the concert better from this view :)

I was born to late to go to any concerts,, :( But i went to London to see Michael at the World Music Awards 2006 and he shook my hand on the red carpet before the show!!:wub: Omg, the best day of my life!!!

I was born to late to go to any concerts,, :( But i went to London to see Michael at the World Music Awards 2006 and he shook my hand on the red carpet before the show!!:wub: Omg, the best day of my life!!!

I went to that show as well it was great. Ooh your were sooo luck to have shook Michaels hand :wub::wub:

Wow! What was it like? How long did you wait? How did he come over?

This a great thread thanks everybody for your stories i enjoyed reading them, i saw Michael at the RDS in Dublin for the History tour and believe it or not i wasn't even a fan at the time but when i heard he was coming i just thought i want to go to that. I say i wasn't a fan but after scream which was the first song he performed i was a devoted fan, the song was just an amazing experience, the crowd were going crazy and i remember thinking i wouldn't be able to keep the pace up for the whole show, the rest of the concert was brilliant and i remember during i'll be there the girl beside me rested her head on my shoulder for the whole song which was pretty strange considering she appeared to be with her boyfriend, maybe she thought i was him,anyway i didn't move her off she was enjoying it all too much. After that night i just started buying everything Michael.

Wow! What was it like? How long did you wait? How did he come over?
I had been waiting outside earls court all day, and before Michael walked in he took time to write autographs and shake hands with fans waiting, like he always do:wub: , But omg, i cant really explain the feeling when he took my hand :wub: and afterwards my knees got so weak and i totally thought i was going to faint. But i still really cant believe it! Best day of my life!!:)

I had been waiting outside earls court all day, and before Michael walked in he took time to write autographs and shake hands with fans waiting, like he always do:wub: , But omg, i cant really explain the feeling when he took my hand :wub: and afterwards my knees got so weak and i totally thought i was going to faint. But i still really cant believe it! Best day of my life!!:)

Wow! Amazing!

I'm soooooooo happy for you and other fans who had the great chance to see Michael live and be so close to him. :wub: It is a memorable and unique experience. :yes: :wub:

God, some of you are so lucky! I think the record for the MJJC-er with the most shows in this thread is 10!

Dates and locations are great but I'd love to have more indepth stories like PCR's as well as photos (we've had two sets which have been incredible - photos speak a thousand words; it's amazing just looking up at the Earth Song crane etc.)! Thanks!

mjjchunt.jpg

I had the most amazing dream after reading this thread a couple of days ago. It was late at night and I was on my laptop crying my eyes out while reading the experiences off here and I was just wishing I knew what it was like seeing MJ live. Well my dream was This Is It, it wasn't the rehearsals it was the real thing:full costumes, full dancing, dome project, lightman and everything and I know it was just a dream but it was sooo real I was in the crowd around about where I would have been if I went to the show (B3 Row V) and it was absolutly AMAZING, but when I woke up I was even more sad :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
I was blessed to have seen MJ twice.

I'll point the things that will always stay with me forever.

August 18th, 1992 - Glasgow Green - Dangerous Tour

My third concert back then (first MJ), I was 11. I had never seen a stage so high in my life, I remember the queue outside in the boiling sun, listening to the band sound check inside the park, Loud!!
When the gates opened everyone just ran, whether you were a kid or not people crushed right over the top of you, mayhem. First time I smelled weed that day too. Ended up 10 deep from the front, amazing view. When MJ appeared we thought it was a look-a-like until he started dancing, the sound from the band was that loud that my T-shirt vibrated and moved with the force. My rib cage and teeth also vibrated with the sound, awesome indeed. Couldnt believe I was watching MJ so close, I was up on my uncles shoulders for some of it, the sea of people behind me was HUGE! Billie Jean and Will You Be There always stick in my mind, beautiful. It was the best day of my life, also scary because you couldnt get a breath with the heat from everyone around, no wonder you see people passing out in the video footage. Glasgow definitely lived up to the tag of greatest audience ever this night. MJ tried to start Human Nature twice I think that night, the crowd were so manic he just laughed until they died down a bit :)

15th July 1997 - HIStory Tour Wembley.

Not my first visit to that London, first to Wembley though, very impressive. Again, crowd outside was huge and full of fainting women, and again could hear soundchecks going on inside the stadium beforehand. I was more ready for this gig as I kinda knew what to expect. Was so happy to see MJ on stage again, but was a bit disappointed to hear him miming, I didnt let it stop the surge of adrenaline though! I was very surprised how well behaved the London crowd were compared to Glasgow in 1992. Highlights for me were Stranger In Moscow and Smooth Criminal that night, his dancing was liquid, the guy just nailed it on stage, couldnt stop smiling. It was a really proud feeling to be in that stadium with 73,000 other MJ fans.

Over my two experiences, Glasgow in 1992 was definitely the best, for crowd reaction, MJ's performance, music and atmosphere, the greatest rush I've ever experienced.

Thanks MJ :)

Im so happy for all of you who got the chance to see him in concert.. heck even to meet him or see him from a distance!

I was going to see MJ twice for the THIS IS IT tour. Was gonna be my first experience.

Wow!! Lucky you!! That is incredible!! I wanted to just hug him...:wub:

Thanks bobo!

No problem, I could tell lots more about the 2 gigs, preferably in a pub setting with some MJ on the jukebox :)

I was going to see him in London once every month he was over. I really wanted it all to happen more for him than anything else.

MJ has only ever been to my City once he came here on the Dangerous tour i was too young to go :( i was about 2 or 3 when he came here :( but i did manage to get 2nd Row at the TII press conference last year, I'll never forget it those 5 mins were magic for me

But i have seen Queen ( Front Row), Metallica ( Front Row), Iron Maiden & U2 :D

MJ has only ever been to my City once he came here on the Dangerous tour i was too young to go :( i was about 2 or 3 when he came here :( but i did manage to get 2nd Row at the TII press conference last year, I'll never forget it those 5 mins were magic for me

But i have seen Queen ( Front Row), Metallica ( Front Row), Iron Maiden & U2 :D

Second row for the press conference? How long did you have to wait?

Second row for the press conference? How long did you have to wait?

I qued from 6am lol I got the overnight Coach from Glasgow - London :) and spent the whole day there and then after the press conference I got the Coach back home that same night :) so i just went down for Michael only :yes: but I'll never forget it especially being so close to him

Bad tour twice: June 11 and 12, 1988 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Dangerous tour twice: July 16 and 17, 1992 in Stockholm, Sweden.
HIStory tour twice: August 16, 1997 in Gothenburg, Sweden and August 29, 1997 in Copenhagen, Denmark (birthday cake).

I had two tickets for London...:cry:

Bad tour twice: June 11 and 12, 1988 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Dangerous tour twice: July 16 and 17, 1992 in Stockholm, Sweden.
HIStory tour twice: August 16, 1997 in Gothenburg, Sweden and August 29, 1997 in Copenhagen, Denmark (birthday cake).

I had two tickets for London...:cry:

More info on the concerts you went to please?

Gonna bump this up. More info and details please if you had the pleasure of seeing him live - what were the highlights, how far away were you...?

Well, I'm almost 38 yo, I became a fan back in 1983 when I first saw the Beat it video for the first time.. I was only 11 than. But it took me 5 long years, up until 1988 when I finally got a chance to make my dream come true. and see MJ live for the first time ever.. It was in London during the Bad tour.. After that, a saw 3 concets of the Dangerous tour (Cologne 1993, and twice in Tel Aviv in 93). The 2010 second leg of TII was supposed to be my 5th concert.. It was going to be the highlight of our honeymoon vacation... I got married last October..

I just came across this thread...

I have seen Michael a few times:

1972 I saw the Jackson 5 in London. I was 10 and he was 14. I was lucky enough to be taken by my sister who is seven years older than me... She knew I loved and Michael and so did she. It was at Wembley in the winter. I remember being so excited I couldnt sleep the night before. We were right near the front and I gazed for the whole show up at MJ complete with his 'fro! Amazing night - I can clearly remember the amazing dance routines - the brothers being so in time; Michael being so gorgeous and the brightly coloured flared pant-suits :lol: I was completely mesmeried...

I then went twice on the Bad tour. My sister and I (yes we stuck together! lol) got tickets again for Wembley. In those days it was postal applications or queue and I remember the sickening wait to find out if we had been lucky... The wait was awful but we were lucky! Fortunately there were no seated tickets for these concerts but it meant we had to get up early to queue!

We were outside Wembley in the sweltering heat early in the morning waiting for the gates to open in the afternoon. The queue behind us got longer and longer and we got more and more excited. When the doors opened there was a stampede for the front but my sister and I decided that we would be better off to the side near the front to avoid the crush - best decision we made as we had a fantastic view.

We sat through Kim Wilde (yawn - sorry Kim but your really were boring!) lol

The build up before he came on got everyone going - the most amazing atmosphere ever. And when he first came on stage and just stood there I thought my head was gonna explode with excitement. I screamed myself horse! The whole thing went by in a flash - memorable moments - well they would be the WHOLE show. I loved This Place Hotel - when he stood behind the screen for the intro and then went into Smooth Criminal. Man he was just amazing. I do have some photos and if I can find them I will scan them and post them - they aren't great quality but one I clearly remember taking was during Another Part of Me just around the time where he crosses his arms in the song and nods his head OMG Amazing!

Shortly after this I hopped onto my motorbike by myself one saturday and went directly to MJ's hotel to wait for him. I took a long shot photo of the limo and hotel roadway which was a good clear photo. I waited hours and eventually Michael came out - wrapped in a green fur hooded parka and red scarf. I will find the photo and post it but it was so blurred because all I could do was shake when I took the photo. I tried to speak when he stopped but I could only open my mouth - nothing at all came out! I felt such an idiot! :lol: Dunno what he must have thought but I'm sure he's come across many of us like that! :lol: I wouldn't be so shy now!

Next I went to two of the Dangerous shows in London. Again, amazing shows. When he shot out of the stage floor at the beginning - well it was heart stopping. I have never known anyone to be able to stand on a stage for that length of time doing absolutely nothing and get such an amazing response! The concerts are almost identical - such is his professionalism.

During this time my brother in law who works at the Natural History Museum called me one day to say MJ had just visited the museum and he had got an autograph for me. I was so angry as I worked two stops on the train from where he was and my bro didn't think to tell me early enough for me to go! I cannot believe he actually went up to Michael and said, and I quote! : "Excuse me are you Michael Jackson" - Michael replied "Erm...yes I am Michael Jackson" :lol:

I had tickets for five of the TII dates at one stage and was planning on taking my husband and two daughters. My kids never saw Michael and they were brought up on me telling them how amazing he was - he was the only artist they were desperate to see. I was so looking forward to showing him off to them!

If there is anything you want to know let me know otherwise I am in danger of waffling for hours and hours on this subject! :lol:

I will post the photos if they are of interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bee
Back