Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

does anybody know if the audio channels are mixed differently from previously released versions? do we finally have a complete black or white acapella that isn't missing the part in the middle? do we finally have an acapella man in the mirror, ghosts, or thriller?

can somebody answer this question for me?

I know I'm asking too much, but can anyone who have both vision and a another release post screen shots of each? any video will do

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but to those who have criticised the quality etc, I guess I just don't analyse things so much as it didn't bother me at all.

:waving: Hope that you're well.

If you read through the thread there are many who wasn't happy with the quailty. On the day it was released to many countries - I remember coming to this thread reading many posts in which people thought the quailty was awful. At that time I was just happy to have the box-set. But now that time has went on I gotta admit the quality isn't it's best.

tomato - tahmato

I'm happy to have a release such as this, universally!

:wub:
souldreamer7

In regards to the quality I honestly didn't mind about the 4:3 format at times. The main thing that concerned me was the NTSC format that they released in Europe which resulted in the DVD jumping at times on my DVD player. But I still love it!

I got my copy of Vision today. My thoughts....

I LOVE IT!!! It is so nice to finally have videos like "She's Out Of My Life", "Say Say Say", "Another Part Of Me", TDCAU- Prison version, Why and One More Chance on there. I noticed a small audio problem at the beginning of Will You Be There....whoops...someone must have forgotten to turn the audio on right away.

IMO they should have caught that in editing and fixed that. A bit unacceptable if you ask me.

I love the new title intros for the videos...especially the early ones. A bit confused why they added new ones for the Dangerous videos and after since there were already perfectly good ones. Remember The Time is still my favorite intro.....I love the music & the Egyptian stuff....wow.

It was awesome to see the original version of One More Chance. Too bad it wasn't totally completed but this is just fine. It's kinda sad how this is the final video MJ appears in...but kind of fitting how he walks off the set to the crowd giving him a standing O....an appropriate send off for Michael.

I wished there was more added to disc 3, but I'm not complaining too much. I'm going to treasure this for a long time.

If you read through the thread there are many who wasn't happy with the quailty. On the day it was released to many countries - I remember coming to this thread reading many posts in which people thought the quailty was awful. At that time I was just happy to have the box-set. But now that time has went on I gotta admit the quality isn't it's best.

tomato - tahmato

souldreamer7

Fair enough, we all have our opinions. I just didn't see any problems with it myself!

I'm well, I hope you are too! :)

tomato - tahmato

souldreamer7

I have received the box set last week... i'm happy to have it in my collection.. i couldn't miss it... menu is wonderful, cover too..in perfect mj style...

but I have to admit that quality isn't so wonderful.. an I sincerely don't like the format (4:3 i think)... I hate this format... i think they could use a 16:9!!! and finally I expected the quality was better.. :(

but in each case...glad they are producing new, or almost new.... ;) mj stuff....
hoping in a bad concert now!!!

The quality actually bothers me a lot, which makes me less enthusiastic about the whole boxset, regardless of how convenient it is + having a new music video.

I'll most likely remain using the DVDs that were released prior to his death..

So will we. I am not impressed with the set either as it is not true Widescreen. I think it looks downright stupid. :(
The videos that were originally released in widescreen are in widescreen on the DVD. Videos that were originally released in 4:3 are that way on the DVD. They can't just make a widescreen video out of one that is originally in 4:3.

I got this for my daughter for Christmas. While she loves it no matter what, I have to say the quality is pure CRAP !
Did they do a VHS to DVD transfer on this or what ?
Very poor quality IMO and they could have done so much better. I guess sometimes it IS all about the money first ...

AGH! The BOTDF video in this is the Refugee Camp remix one that was on HIStory Volume 2!!! It's not that bad, but I much prefer the one on the Michael Jackson VEVO YouTube with the original music (NOT the one on the Number Ones DVD).

I got this for my daughter for Christmas. While she loves it no matter what, I have to say the quality is pure CRAP !
Did they do a VHS to DVD transfer on this or what ?
Very poor quality IMO and they could have done so much better. I guess sometimes it IS all about the money first ...

Absolutely. The King Of Pop deserves much more than this.

i'm wondering if it's possible this is the best quality $ony can have, in particular for the old videos...
but i think so.... why they would use a medium quality for this....

I'm going to buy it - as soon as my finances get better. Sorry to hear that the quality of the videos is not that good, I mean the box is quite pricey... :worried: You would expect something made with high tech to that price.

I'm glad I came into this thread so I know what to expect when I finally get my box. After all, I think I will be happy just to own all the short films, whatever the quality :)
But it's weird that Sony doesn't seem to have technicians skilled enough...After all, it's MJ we're talking about!

dpv86w.jpg

l still can't believe l have it :)

Thank you guys
Michael is haunting me ,l love him so much

This DVD is awesome as heaven ,l love One more chance video clip ,Michael is so sexy there.

I love the cover and the CD with all the unseen videos on it. Although I had seen them all apart from One More Chance its great to have them on DVD. Quality is bad the picture is small but I changed the screen view when I watched it and then it was ok.

Back