Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction/Settles MJ will keep all items

Re: Breaking News: Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction

poor MJ....... hope everything gets resolved in his best interest.

I'm trying to understand what happened. He signed the catalogs but didn't actually look at them? Too busy? He was TOLD what was in them and signed them quickly as a task to be done, but what he was told proved not to be accurate? He believed what he was told? Michael is a creative genius, a humanitarian, a great musician, but he lacks skill in knowing whom to trust. This has been proven over-and-over. This Tohme guy was the one who apparently was dealing with the auction house. I have no idea what his agenda was, nor do any of us. Wish we did know, though. . . . .

When Michael finally got around to scoping it out, it's obvious from the court-papers filed that he was horrified.

I really don't think he needed the money from this sale. . . . I think it's something he was "talked into," but why? Don't know. . . . . .YET.

Partially quoting Victoria83, I too have had some questions/doubts about all of this. Wasn't it reported in the legal filings that Tohme signed as POA for Michael? I may have misread something along the way. But still, if Michael himself signed it, was it done in trust that things had been handled correctly and he was merely putting his signature on what he assumed was a properly prepared document, without reading it in detail.

IDK, it seems something (or someone) went very wrong here. It's hard after seeing so many other "advisors" manipulate and use Michael for their own benefit, to not think something smells pretty fishy here. My sincere hope is that this isn't history repeating itself once again.

I finally got the link to open. It's not a complete list, but a portion? Something went terribly, terribly wrong here! Looks like the ENTIRE contents of Neverland, right down to the soap-dishes. It felt terribly invasive somehow to be looking at that list. Awards, wastebaskets, art-work, the area-rugs he's walked on, the nightstand by his bed, and what appear to be cherished gifts from fans. His kids' childhood furniture is on the list. A dollhouse is on the list. And so on.

I'm trying to understand what happened. He signed the catalogs but didn't actually look at them? Too busy? He was TOLD what was in them and signed them quickly as a task to be done, but what he was told proved not to be accurate? He believed what he was told? Michael is a creative genius, a humanitarian, a great musician, but he lacks skill in knowing whom to trust. This has been proven over-and-over. This Tohme guy was the one who apparently was dealing with the auction house. I have no idea what his agenda was, nor do any of us. Wish we did know, though. . . . .

When Michael finally got around to scoping it out, it's obvious from the court-papers filed that he was horrified. I sincerely hope this is resolved, not only for Michael's sake, but for the sake of history and Michael's historical importance as a shaper of culture. As a legacy of both a man and his family, and an era. Personally, I'd like to see him keep it ALL, right down to the soap-dishes. Surely he could have found storage for that stuff, or at least some of it? (I read somewhere that he rents airplane hangars for storage!)

I really don't think he needed the money from this sale. . . . I think it's something he was "talked into," but why? Don't know. . . . . .YET.

I have actually been trying to ignore it. I conjectured some of the same things as you but it is just impossible to know what happened. I won't even look at the catalog. I have heard enough to know I don't want to. Yes, I would feel invasive too and know enough from what people have looked have said to know I don't want to see. Some times in your life you feel like just saying chuck it and regret it later is another possibility. Anyway, like we've said, we just can't know. I just hope it gets worked out right.

What I don't understand is why at the worst case, Michael couldn't just pay Juliens for the money they would have made if they sold the things he wants at auction? The items are not the property of Juliens. They are only entitled to a commision. Of course if they were never meant to be sold you try to get at that first. Why pay for something not done in good faith but in the event it was Michael's or his teams screw up can they just negotiate for part of Juliens commision to get them back?

Partially quoting Victoria83, I too have had some questions/doubts about all of this. Wasn't it reported in the legal filings that Tohme signed as POA for Michael? I may have misread something along the way. But still, if Michael himself signed it, was it done in trust that things had been handled correctly and he was merely putting his signature on what he assumed was a properly prepared document, without reading it in detail.

IDK, it seems something (or someone) went very wrong here. It's hard after seeing so many other "advisors" manipulate and use Michael for their own benefit, to not think something smells pretty fishy here. My sincere hope is that this isn't history repeating itself once again.

Same here.

this is awful. Poor Michael. What a mess!. I hope and pray he gets all his stuff back which he is entitled to do. Hope Dr. Tohme is not another leach.

thef act thome thome works for barrack is enough to make me smell something its a conflict of intrest to start with

Wasn't it reported in the legal filings that Tohme signed as POA for Michael? I
i hope not. mjs been there done that and fecked up dont tell he still hasnt learnt. wheres londell?

Do anyone know who this Dr (?) Thome really is? Is there any information on what he has done before he started to work for Michael Jackson?

Do anyone know who this Dr (?) Thome really is? Is there any information on what he has done before he started to work for Michael Jackson?
saudi arabian doctor acording to reports. he works for barrack but dont know about his history. how long as he worked for barrack etc?

See guys this is what I've been talking about. Don't let smiles and 50 concerts trick you into thinking things are all fixed and secure. I'm totally speculating here I know. It's important we get the full picture however don't think for a second these guys don't have $ signs in their eyes. The have NOT bailed him out for nothing. They are business men and given half a chance they would love to own atv.

I'm not calling anything now, I'm just saying. There has been trainwreck after trainwreck for 20years, we have to keep it real here. That stuff should never be for sale. It's blooody outrageous. Michael needs to start really taking care of his shit. Thought t mez wouldve drummed it into him.

Could someone respond to the my question? Has no one else had this happen week?

I really hope Michael is able to get his stuff back.

On another note: I had been looking at the life & career catalog & all of a sudden tonight I am being told to download Flash Player. Has anyone else had this happen in the last 24 hours? I'm not sure if I should download it.

Could someone respond to the my question? Has no one else had this happen week?

In answer to your question, no, I've not had to download Flashplayer to access the site. However, I skimmed over the site only once and it's too sad to look at, for me.

hmmmmmmmmm he has no excuse u guys if he signed the damn catalogues. UNLESS he signed the outside portion that had no books in them. cuz he could have easily thumbed through one.

so if i remember correctly, they amended the auction and they're only selling now what he's allowing so all that he wanted back is being kept and that he wants to sell is going along w/ it. so the catalogues will feature stuff that is not eventually being sold.....am i right vic?

What if he never signed them? I mean, have people gotten their catalouge?

hmmmmmmmmm he has no excuse u guys if he signed the damn catalogues. UNLESS he signed the outside portion that had no books in them. cuz he could have easily thumbed through one.

so if i remember correctly, they amended the auction and they're only selling now what he's allowing so all that he wanted back is being kept and that he wants to sell is going along w/ it. so the catalogues will feature stuff that is not eventually being sold.....am i right vic?

Soso, as far as I know right now, they have not "amended" the auction and it's going forward as planned. There were legal papers filed to amend/stop it, but then action on that was postponed. So it's kind of a holding pattern now. (And anyone, please correct this if you've seen an update?). I don't know of anyone who's actually received a catalog, so I don't know if he just signed the covers, or the books themselves. It's not customary to just sign a cover (at a book-signing, for example) so I'd expect that he signed the title-page or something.

At this point, we can only wait and watch to see if more legal documents are filed and in the public record. The language was VERY strong on the papers to stop the auction, that Michael did NOT want this. So that part is extremely strange. . . . . . and I tend to smell tuna here. I can only think that someone put the books in front of him and said, "This is what you asked for, so just sign." And maybe he did? Without looking through one of them? Hard to imagine, but . . . . . . dunno.

see what they are is five books but in a case holder type thing. i ordered two unsigned cuz i got enuf signed by mike.

BUT it wouldn't make sense to have the whole lot there for him to sign, just the book holders cuz it'd weigh less etc.... so he can always argue he wasn't given the actual five books to thumb through, just the thing they'd be inserted into. have u seen them? if not, go check the site to get a better pic of what im trying to describe, lol

i dont know y they're allowing it to go forward 'for now', maybe so they can release the catalogues and if/when mj wins he won't have to pay back juliens the lost revenue from them.

but I HOPE he gets the things he wants back. cuz fan stuff and his kids' stuff should be off limits

Soso, as far as I know right now, they have not "amended" the auction and it's going forward as planned. There were legal papers filed to amend/stop it, but then action on that was postponed. So it's kind of a holding pattern now. (And anyone, please correct this if you've seen an update?). I don't know of anyone who's actually received a catalog, so I don't know if he just signed the covers, or the books themselves. It's not customary to just sign a cover (at a book-signing, for example) so I'd expect that he signed the title-page or something.

At this point, we can only wait and watch to see if more legal documents are filed and in the public record. The language was VERY strong on the papers to stop the auction, that Michael did NOT want this. So that part is extremely strange. . . . . . and I tend to smell tuna here. I can only think that someone put the books in front of him and said, "This is what you asked for, so just sign." And maybe he did? Without looking through one of them? Hard to imagine, but . . . . . . dunno.

The auction is going to court and they should know something by the 5th of April.
As for the catalogues...they're going to be shipped out as promised to those who bought them, both the plain and the autograph. The signed one has his signiture on the first book.

I totally agree with this book signing and the fact he didn't even look at what was in them, it's rather strange to have done that...but I don't know...either...:doh:

Inserting comment quietly - I did make a mention a few weeks ago that I heard directly from the mouth of a family member - that the auction was off, and some items were being returned to MJ.....

and I did read that some items were actually returned to MJ by the auction house....but I didn't read exactly which items were returned..

I sure hope so. The list of items I saw doesn't look like a lot of stuff MJ would want to get rid of.

And I really don't think he wanted to get rid of the gates to Neverland.

A Rare OPORTUNITY FOR fans and media to see these items for the first time since Jackson’s historic appearances and performances What: Highlights from the Michael Jackson: “King of Pop” Collection · Featuring Michael Jackson’s iconic right hand glove completely covered in clear Swarovski crystals worn by the “King of Pop” in his legendary performances of “Billie Jean” · Jackson’s 1984 American Music Awards for “Thriller” and “Beat It” · A silver and white silk iconic jacket worn by Michael Jackson during the 1984 Victory Tour with The Jacksons as well as many other events and public appearances throughout the 1980s · A gold MTV "Moon Man" award on round metal base with plaque reading in full

· A military style jacket worn by Michael Jackson at a press conference in Cape Town

· A black leather belt fitted with five gold metal panels worn by Michael in the 1988 film “Moonwalker”

· A gold MTV "Moon Man" award on round metal base with plaque reading in full

· A customized black leather jacket worn by Michael Jackson during the 1996-1997 History Tour, and many more…

When:

New York Exhibition:
Wednesday, March 25th, 2009 – Saturday, March 28th, 2009

The Collection of Michael Jackson Auction:

Wednesday, April 22nd – Saturday, April 25th, 2009
Adjacent to the Beverly Hilton
Beverly Hills, CA
Conducted by Julien’s Auctions (www.juliensauctions.com)

Where:

Hard Rock Cafe New York at Times Square
New York Room
1501 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
212-343-3355

Inserting comment quietly - I did make a mention a few weeks ago that I heard directly from the mouth of a family member - that the auction was off, and some items were being returned to MJ.....

and I did read that some items were actually returned to MJ by the auction house....but I didn't read exactly which items were returned..

I really hope that this is true.:angel:

This is truly wonderful news. I haven't read this anywhere, but not everything is decided through the courts. Amazingly, sometimes people actually DO the right thing? Contracts can be debated until the end-of-time, but sometimes the ethical solution is obvious. Michael wanted his stuff back. His private, personal stuff, and especially the awards he worked so hard for.

Thanks for posting this.

Pretty deafening quiet comment there. Thank you so much for it.

Gosh, I really hope you are right, and I agree with eternitys child, it was an extremely deafening quiet comment :)

I am very lucky to have a wonderful hubby who bought the signed calalog for me as a treat....but now Im not sure if I want it....if Michael is not happy with the auction I feel like its dirty, as if Im condoning something that Michael hasn't given his blessing to.

Gosh, I really hope you are right, and I agree with eternitys child, it was an extremely deafening quiet comment :)

I am very lucky to have a wonderful hubby who bought the signed calalog for me as a treat....but now Im not sure if I want it....if Michael is not happy with the auction I feel like its dirty, as if Im condoning something that Michael hasn't given his blessing to.

Do people already have the catalogs??

not yet. they said they were shipping them out last weekbut that was before mj filed his suit. i got two but nothing came yet

auction is still on the guy was just on channel 4 here in mi i gave the screen the evil eye :)

Back