Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction/Settles MJ will keep all items

Re: Breaking News: Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction

Maybe Michael just didn't bother to look through the catalogs. There's a lot of books and a lot of pages.

um if he didn't intend for ANYTHING to be sold then wtf was he signing? lol

no excuse on that one UNLESS he wanted them to 'show' it and not sell it but then y choose an auction house?

Is that what it said in the suit? That he didn't intend for anything to be sold? I haven't read it.

I think he did intend for items he chose to sell be sold, as is the case with anything one owns when being sold. As I uderstand, somewhere down the line, this crucial step of getting the permission of the owner, Juliens Auction House just so conveniently skipped or bypassed over MJ and went to a representative. This is where the dispute is?

As for Michael rpobably signed the dotted line unaware of the contents of the catalogue or its meaning...as I doubt he'd be daft enough not to understand what was happening.

well u can'tbe daft enough to sign something w/o reading it. sorry but that's not an excuse in court. always read before u sign.

and what i reckon happened is they took the lot so mj could look over it and he didn't do it in time and wanted it all back but that wasn't the agreement so they ahve to meet somewhere in the middle

people come up with underhanded contracts all the time. blank pages and such, stuff designed to be missed, until too late..but...

somehow MJ will get what he wants out of this...he always does.

it doesn't matter. u don't sign a blank page and u comb through it w/ a fine toothed one before u put any ink on the paper. that may work on judge judy but it doesn't in high court

what i'm saying is that there are people out there who know that people comb through stuff with a fine tooth comb. and they still find a way to get around it. it's the way of society. we thought that nobody can do a conspiracy against Michael, but naivety prevails if that thought prevails. bmi contracts have blank pages. and they are legit. supposedly. MJ needs more than a fine tooth comb. and the best lawyers. and i'm not saying that MJ is daft. i am saying there are lots and lots of people who are constantly looking for a weak MJ moment, and trying to take advantage of the massiveness of his empire, hoping to find a space too small for him to see. even the smartest people can be duped, if the situation presents itself.

it's like saying that terrorism wasn't possible in the usa, cus they have the greatest security. but later, they found out, if someone wants to get them, they'll get them. and the high courts don't always get it right.

He wanted SOME items sold but they never discussed WHAT was going to be sold, that's what I'm thinking that's what is going on. Then again, I don't know what side is 100% right, both sides may have points, it depends on whose side has more armor...

Signing a supposed picture catalogue is wholly diffeent to signing a piece of document which clearly gives an auction house the right to sell your goods. This is where all this signing business does not sound right...the catalogue does not represent the document which is asking the owner of the goods to give his or her permission to seel their goods.

I don't always intend to give Michael the benefit of the doubt but he is always shrewder than I think he is...and I find it hard to believe that he would have signed the right to sell and then renege on it.

I suppose only court will tell.

they must be sending out the catalogs anyway, I ordered one, and got this email today

Order Date: 12/18/2008 02:33am
Order Status: Shipped
Payment Status: Charged
Shipping Carrier: USPS
Tracking Number: N/A
Tracking URL: N/A

tehara, im not saying signing the catalogues means that he signed a contract, i mean that the fact he signed catalogues shows he wasn't so naive about what was being sold.

and i already got mine. so maybe cuz ur in austrailia it'll take more time to ship

tehara, im not saying signing the catalogues means that he signed a contract, i mean that the fact he signed catalogues shows he wasn't so naive about what was being sold.

and i already got mine. so maybe cuz ur in austrailia it'll take more time to ship
Hey deaf, did he sign the inside of the catalogue or the outside?

If anyone is interested you can still order the catalogs. Someone said on here that they had tried but the catalogs are sold out. That's not true, only the autographed catalogs are sold out. You can still purchase the non autographed catalogs however, they will cost you $200.00 bucks now.

This was supposed to be going to court today wasn't it? I thought it was April 2nd.

have the MJ catalogues really gone up from 100 to 200?

Note the bold quotes:

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lu...l-jackson-plans-attend-criss-angels-embeliev/

Michael Jackson plans to attend Criss Angel’s Believe this weekend

Robin Leach

Magic fan Michael Jackson is all set to attend the Cirque du Soleil show Believe starring Criss Angel on Saturday night at the Luxor. The King of Pop heads into Sin City for the Mindfreak’s show of theatrical illusions, and seats have been reserved in case his children tag along, too!

It’s the first time that Michael has been back home to Las Vegas since announcing three weeks ago in London his run of 50 concerts at the 02 Arena in the British capital this summer. News reports out of London then indicated that Michael planned to land on the stage in a magical “float down” to open the show. Click HERE for our coverage during the massive ticket sale hysteria.

He's taking a break from the early rehearsals, which have been confirmed by AEG head honcho John Meglen as being underway in Los Angeles with director-choreographer Kenny Ortega, who staged the Sirens show here at Treasure Island. Click HERE for our interview with John when he celebrated the sixth anniversary of the Caesars Palace Colosseum. John told Vegas DeLuxe that he’d love to see Michael perform at The Colosseum.

Additional hotel security will be on hand to deal with any rush of fans, and Michael will be brought in through a special side entrance directly from his limousine. It’s expected that he will arrive seconds after the curtain has gone up on the show to avoid audience distraction, and he will be taken to Criss’s dressing room backstage seconds before the show ends.

Meantime, Michael has now given the final go-ahead for the amazing auction of his Neverland collection of memorabilia, wardrobe and amusement arcade items for April 22-25 to be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.

Tomorrow on Vegas DeLuxe, we’ve got the full rundown of how you can bid online from anywhere in the world. There are more than 2,000 items being sold in eight categories and auction sessions, including garden statuary, furniture, antiques, paintings and Disneyana.

It’s being billed as the most exciting auction event of all time, and Julian Ellison, CEO of New York City’s Live Auctioneers, said: “All systems are go. All arrangements have been finalized. It will be real-time Internet bidding, but prospective bidders must sign up in advance via the Internet through LiveAuctioneers.com.

So if this article is to be believed, this whole auction thing is a go then......

Man i wish i was over Vegas to see Mike at the Criss Angel show.

That guy is is amazing. See the trick walking on water? Mind Blowing. You'll find it on youtube.

Anyone planning on making a bid for any items. It would be great if fans could afford to buy these items, and then return them to MJ.

Anyone planning on making a bid for any items. It would be great if fans could afford to buy these items, and then return them to MJ.

I'm planning on going but have no idea if I'll be alble to afford anything. starting bids are very affordable but God only knows how high each item will sell for.

I might be able to afford a blade of grass.lol! I might try and bid on something, but I guess there is not much point when as you shukieluv, god knows how high prices will go. Best of luck to you in your bids anyway.

y would u give it back? he obviously don't want it. and the criss show is horrible. u can totally see the wires and all. not impressed

Hey Guys, does anyone know about the Hearing for the Auction that took place today in Los Angeles? I'm asking cause, I recieved a text message today while at work from a fan who got inside the auction. I can't get her on the phone and she has't yet repsonded to my text back to her.

Oh lordy, please don't let my family know I'm giving out my cell number, they would hit the roof Big Time.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZNgbrgnco68wdSY5q0bFdgp2MYgD97B87G04

Judge denies effort to halt Jackson auction
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY – 3 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Hundreds of items from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch may still go on sale after a judge on Friday rejected a bid to have the King of Pop's one-time possessions returned to the singer. But the ruling probably won't be the last word on who ends up with them.

Jackson's production company was seeking the return of the collection of art, MTV Video Music Awards, crystal-encrusted gloves and nearly 2,000 other items removed from Jackson's former home before the sale begins on April 22. They have another motion for an injunction to stop the sale, slated to be heard on April 15.

Auctioneer Darren Julien and his attorney claimed victory after the hearing, saying they do not expect other efforts to block the sale to succeed.

"We have to proceed because we have no choice," Julien said.

His firm, Julien's Auction House, has spent more than $2 million arranging the sale of the Neverland items and could go bankrupt if the sale was stopped, his lawyer told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brett Klein.

Klein's ruling will "have no impact whatsoever" on the injunction motion, said Alan Gutman, who is representing Jackson's company, MJJ Productions. That hearing will come before a different judge.

Jackson did not attend Friday's hearing. But his father, Joe Jackson, sat in the audience and after Klein's ruling, smiled and shuffled out of the courtroom. He declined to comment afterward.

MJJ Productions sued Julien's Auction House last month, claiming Jackson hadn't authorized the sale of items taken from his former home at Neverland Ranch.

Gutman has argued that an agreement signed by Jackson's representative, Tohme Tohme, and Julien's Auction House is unenforceable under California law.

But Julien's lawyer, Jerry Hawxhurst, said the agreement gave the firm the right to sell the items as planned.

"The contract is clear as well water," Hawxhurst said.

Julien and Jackson's representatives agreed to allow some of the items to go on tour to promote their sale while the lawsuit proceeds.

The singer has struggled to pay his debts since his financial empire began to crumble following his arrest in 2003 on charges that he molested a 13-year-old boy at the ranch. A jury acquitted him of all charges.

Last year he faced foreclosure on Neverland, the 2,500-acre property nestled in the hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country, 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles. He was bailed out by Colony Capital, and months later transferred the deed to Neverland to another entity he partially controls.

Jackson plans a series of concerts in London in July that he has said will be his last in the British capital.

Julien has been entrusted to preside over numerous auctions of famous memorabilia. Some recent celebrity sales have included items once belonging to Ozzy Osbourne, Bob Hope and rare behind-the-scenes footage of Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable on the set of the film "The Misfits."

"The reason he hired us was to do a first-class auction," Julien said Friday. "He worked with us for eight months to do an auction."

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

We seem to be getting mixed information b/c in today's news thread it says that MJ was denied & his lawyers will be filing another injunction for April 15th. So MJ hasn't be granted the right to get his stuff back yet?

EDIT: I see an article has now been added to this thread saying the same thing.

Back