Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Michael was ready to go to London I imagine it was the Prince who realized he didn't have much of a leg to stand on in getting 7 million and decided to take a deal.

EXACTLY!! That is what I was getting at.

Well, hey, it is over. Good for Mickey. Hopefully it is favors him. BTW, is it me or is the title of these articles misleading?

Michael can eat turkey now!

YAY!!!!!! Whooo!!!

All4MJ- It seems to me it was a win-win situation.

I am so glad that things worked out in such a way that did not necessitate his having to travel such a long distance, and suffer unnecessary jet lag, while his body is still needing rest and is mending from illness.

The timing was fortunate that he was halted with the news before actually boarding a plane. I'm happy for him that this now has been settled.:D

Well if that's what Michael and his team felt was best, then good for them I say. Glad that this case is over.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

Hottest ticket in London...you got a point vncwilliam. Gee, for so many people that don't like Michael, all seats always sell out STILL, wherever he goes. He should do some appearances (not in court...please, no more of those) in the USA...lol...he'd fix the economy here in a week, lol!

lol...ur right about him fixing the economy.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

All these different self-serving people that found different routes into Michael Jackson's life all came in with the exact same thing in mind....

To catch "The Star," harnass his energy, control him and use his God-given talents and gifts as they wish.

But the thing that none of them have paid attention to is this...

In 2002, The Star said he is a "free agent."

For years he has been suffering because those that want to control his talents and gifts never think about his well-being, they only think about their own and how much money they can make off of him.

There's something else that these type of people have not paid attention to...

In May 2004, The Star said, "I am ready to fight for my innocence."

He has been doing it ever since he said he was ready. 1993, Sony did not let him fight. Well now, he is not listening to Sony, he is listening to himself.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you are now meeting the new Michael Jackson.

you got that right. MJ is treated like an amazing government project that nefarious governments want to use for their own gain, while trying to convince the public that this government project has no value at all. and yet..like a ufo, the 'project' keeps elluding them.

Well if that's what Michael and his team felt was best, then good for them I say. Glad that this case is over.

You and me both, I think Guy Holmes, whatever side he was on, is the dude to thank for all of this, really. Because the sheik's side and MJ's side probably finally decided "man this is some b.s., we don't want no trouble, let's settle", then they call Mike and told them "don't worry, buddy, we got you, it's settled (click)." :lol:

Michael just thought F*ck this and whipped the Ben n Jerrys out. Prince couldnt handle him.

OMG...that was sooooooooooooooo hilarious, lmao!!!!!! Ben n Jerry's is cheaper and tastes a lot better, lol! I wonder what the settlement agreement was...I bet the Prince just wanted his 3.47L (can't make that symbol, but means "pounds") back.

So MICHAEL won't be here??? Does he have to pay any money to the Prince? Does he loose or win? SOmebody please answer me???

I think it means that the Prince was dropping his claim of Michael backing out of a contractual agreement and just wanted his money back that he spent on Michael's visit there. Which just shows he's a greedy SOB and bitter.

Has anybody told the fans who are freezing **** outside the courthouse? Hahaha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you guy see what Michael Jackson is doing now? Whenever he can tell that someone is trying to take control of his life, he snatches his life out of their hands.

Mike ain't taking that type of mess no more. That's why he left Bahrain without seeking the Prince's permission.

"Free Agent"

Done. over with. No more Bahrain B.S. Let's move on. Now us and Mike can enjoy our Thanksgiving turkey. And a toast with orange juice to the lawyers who worked everything out.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Gobble Gobble

Michael just thought F*ck this and whipped the Ben n Jerrys out. Prince couldnt handle him.

Hehehehehe. Funny. Also, don't forget, the Prince was petty on the body oils as well. LOL. What a damn loser.

great .im very happy to hear this has been settled.
best news i have herd all day .
have a happy thanxs giving michael and family !

Has anybody told the fans who are freezing their nuts off outside the courthouse? Hahaha!

haha. I would hope they were the first to know. yeeps! lol Maybe someone should leave a sign outside the courthouse so fans showing up for overnight campout can know to go back home.

Michael Jackson settles court case

24th November 2008, 7:58 WST

Michael Jackson has reached an out-of-court settlement with Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, who was suing him for $US7 million ($A11.03 million), his spokeswoman says.
"As Mr Jackson was about to board his plane to London, he was advised by his legal team to postpone his travels since the parties had concluded a settlement in principle," Celina Aponte told AFP.
Jackson was due to testify in person at London's high court as part of the case, but Aponte, international director at The Outside Organisation, said: "He will not be attending court on Monday."
Sheikh Abdulla, the second son of the King of Bahrain, had demanded the repayment of several advances he says he made as part of a joint music project in Bahrain, which Jackson pulled out of.
Jackson contested the claim, saying no project was ever finalised and insisting the money he received had been a gift.
The sheikh's lawyer Bankim Thanki said his client helped support Jackson financially in the aftermath of his 2005 child molestation trial, in which the singer was acquitted.
He accepted a request for one million dollars in April 2005 and paid the $US2.2 million ($A3.47 million) legal bill for the court case, the lawyer said.
Thanki said Jackson signed a contract to record albums, write an autobiography and stage shows, and that document noted that $US7 million ($A11.03 million) would be deducted from the artist's royalties to pay for expenses.
Jackson said however that the sheikh's case was based on "mistake, misrepresentation and undue influence".
His lawyer Robert Englehart said last week in court that while there was "no doubt that Sheikh Abdulla was very generous in his hospitality and general treatment of Michael Jackson", the contract Jackson apparently signed was "one brick in a building which was never built".
Jackson was one of the world's most successful pop artists, and his 1982 hit Thriller remains the best-selling album of all time. However, he has since experienced financial difficulties.

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=532612

When they say that the Prince dropped out of 'that part of the claim' Does that mean there is still a claim being made?

umm, how could Michael have dropped out of a contract that didn't exist, to a company that didn't exist? Funny how no one was able to supply a copy of the actual contract. If I were the judge, that would be the first thing I would have asked to see, since that's what the case was supposedly all about.

My guess is since the trip is "postponed" and both parties agreed to settle, but haven't reached any details yet, it could be possible that they may not be able to reach terms that both sides agree on that are fair. In that case, it could probably go back to court. That's my guess.

So MICHAEL won't be here??? Does he have to pay any money to the Prince? Does he loose or win? SOmebody please answer me???

Mike will not be there. It is possible that MJ will have to pay the Prince money but it might be a small amount. Practically, the way it looks, Mike won hands down because he was about to board a plan and defend himself when his lawyer contacted him and told him to postpone his trip. So, what could have happened was that the Prince got scared of what MJ was gonna say and decided to settle. However, I think that Guy Holmes destroyed the Prince's civil "case" big time. The Prince knew that and was scared crapless.

Has anybody told the fans who are freezing their nuts off outside the courthouse? Hahaha!

Hahahah. That is so not right. LOL. You remind me of someone that I remember during the MJJF days. Always saying all kinds of things about the fans. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back