Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

Just because you don't hear about him checking in doesn't mean he hasn't.

And yeah vnc, your point is well taken. Michael's the only one anyone really cares about, depsite what they say.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

It may be that he hasn't checked into a hotel because, as rumours suggested, he is staying with a friend.

There are hundreds of hotels in London - there's no way there are fans outside all of them watching to see if MJ checks in. He may be checking in under another name or asking to remain anonymous, in which case telephoning and asking would be pointless.

MJ often slips in and out of London - sometimes staying for weeks - without being noticed at all.

All these different self-serving people that found different routes into Michael Jackson's life all came in with the exact same thing in mind....

To catch "The Star," harnass his energy, control him and use his God-given talents and gifts as they wish.

But the thing that none of them have paid attention to is this...

In 2002, The Star said he is a "free agent."

For years he has been suffering because those that want to control his talents and gifts never think about his well-being, they only think about their own and how much money they can make off of him.

There's something else that these type of people have not paid attention to...

In May 2004, The Star said, "I am ready to fight for my innocence."

He has been doing it ever since he said he was ready. 1993, Sony did not let him fight. Well now, he is not listening to Sony, he is listening to himself.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you are now meeting the new Michael Jackson.

According to Sky News over in the UK, Michael settled out of court.

Let me also add that, as far as I know, there is no article stating as much, just a Sky News report. I do not know how reliable they are, but that is the latest developments.

According to Sky News over in the UK, Michael settled out of court.

This is a rumor folks as I went to both BBC website and SKY NEWS website and don't see anything as of yet. So this is just a rumor until we see actual documentation of it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7745077.stm
Jackson 'no longer coming to UK'

Michael Jackson had been expected to arrive in the UK over the weekend
Michael Jackson is no longer expected to arrive in the UK to give evidence at the High Court over claims he breached a music contract with an Arab sheikh.

The BBC has learned his legal team told him to postpone the trip as the parties had made an agreement in principle.

The King of Bahrain's son, Sheikh Abdulla Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa, is suing Mr Jackson for £4.7m, claiming he reneged on a music contract.

Mr Jackson contests the claim, saying there was no valid agreement.

'Personal relationship'

Sheikh Abdulla says he paid all the singer's living, travel and other expenses until his departure from Bahrain in 2006, and advanced funds to retain legal and financial advisers.

Mr Jackson claims the payments were "gifts".

The Thriller star was invited with his children and entourage to Bahrain, shortly after he was acquitted of child molestation charges in California.

While there, the sheikh lavished money on him.

Sheikh Abdulla also built a recording studio, which he believed would be used to record albums using material he had helped to write.

Sheikh Abdulla and Michael Jackson formed a close friendship

However Mr Jackson apparently pulled out of the deal in May 2006 after 11 months and has not seen the sheikh since.

Now Sheikh Abdulla says he wants nothing more to do with him and is suing to get his money back.

At the start of the hearing which began last week, Mr Jackson's lawyer, Robert Englehart QC, applied for the star to give his evidence by video link from Los Angeles because of concerns about his health.

But the application was withdrawn after medical experts said Mr Jackson was fit enough to travel.

This is a rumor folks as I went to both BBC website and SKY NEWS website and don't see anything as of yet. So this is just a rumor until we see actual documentation of it.

Yeah and that is why I edited my previous posts and stated that I am not sure of the credibility of the source or how reliable it is.

Oh snap, eternity's child (hey, I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?) have posted the news article.

The BBC has learned his legal team told him to postpone the trip as the parties had made an agreement in principle.

So, Mike was coming but was told to postpone the trip as the parties came to a settlement. Interesting.

So, the way I am reading this, to me, it looks like, Mike was coming to testify, but when he was about to come, he was told to forget about it because they decided to settle. Which means that it is possbile that MJ was not going to settle the matter initially. Interesting.

Last edited:

It's actually on the front page for the BBC.

Hmm? So? What does it mean?
That the Prince has settled with the MJ lawyers or what?

Wuhaaayyyy Michael settled

OKAY. WHAT AGAIN? lol :bugeyed o_o *whiplash*
Is he there or not? Now there saying he cancelled the trip? But I thought he was there.. already. o_o
And now there's an agreement.. hmm. So that means he settled? :mello:

EDIT: Okay, I see it now, thanks mo for posting the link! lol

They're reporting on the BBC on TV too.

What does this all mean?By MJ settling..this means the case has been dropped right?

The only reason I can think of for Michael settling is that he really just didn't want to travle to London. It's annoying because the Prince didn't have any case, from the evidence we've seen. I hope Michael didn't have to pay him too much, because it was really looking like Michael had a way stronger case then the Prince.

That's so stupid! MJ settled after all the shit. He should have done it before, now it looks he is guilty, also if it was the Prince who decided to stop it because he was losing.

I really don't get those things.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7745077.stm

Jackson 'settles High Court case'

Michael Jackson has made a settlement in principle in a legal dispute over claims he breached a music contract with an Arab sheikh.
He had been due to travel to the UK to give evidence at the High Court.
A spokesman said his legal team told him to postpone the trip as the parties had made an agreement in principle.
The King of Bahrain's son, Sheikh Abdulla Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa, was suing Jackson for £4.7m, claiming he reneged on a music contract.
Mr Jackson contested the claim, saying there was no valid agreement. The BBC's Matthew Shaw was told Mr Jackson was about to board a flight to the UK when he was told to postpone the trip.

Well it could have been the Prince who accepted a settlement because his case was so weak.

Actually, from what it sounds like, it sounds like Michael's legal team made the decisian to settle along with the Prince's legal team, if they're saying he was just about to board a plane when they told him not to come.

BBC News on BBC 1 is just about to report that MJ is not coming to London

i hope no one paid too much to travel to London :S

Michael Jackson has settled a multi-million pound dispute with an Arab Sheikh out of court.

The pop star had been due to appear at the High Court tomorrow over allegations he owed Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa £4.75m.

A spokeswoman for Mr Khalifa said: "As Mr. Jackson was about to board his plane to London, he was advised by his legal team to postpone his travels since the parties had concluded a settlement in principle."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...chael_Jackson_Reaches_Out_Of_Court_Settlement_

Hope it's settled in Michael's favour. He doesn't need this to stretch on.

Good I am so glad that is over. At least it looks that way. Michael go rest sweetie.

Well the bright side is that Michael doesn't have to travle to London now. I was pissed about that when he really didn't want to.

last half an hour statement from michael's people saying concluded settlement in principle. Michael's staying at home apparently-itv news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back