Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC report has said that discussions were ongoing over the weekend, no financial details have been provided as a settlemtn in principle as been agreed.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

The BBC's Matthew Shaw was told Mr Jackson was about to board a flight to the UK when he was told to postpone the trip.

woah!

These are not lawyers that are working for Sony this time. These are lawyers that are working for MJ. After going head to head with the Prince's lawyers on MJ's behalf, you can best believe that they came up with something that will work out well for him.

It's over...

What is a settlement in principle? Doesn anyone knows what it means?
Thanks in advance.

Settlement 'in principle' means they have agreed to settle but havent worked any of the details, the money etc out yet

I am lost. What is up with the whining? Mike was going to come there and testify and as he was boarding a plane, his lawyers told him to forget about it because they came to an agreement. Which can only mean that the Prince possibility agreed to settle because he clearly had no case. Read the report carefully - (esp. the ones in bold)

A spokesman said his legal team told him to postpone the trip as the parties had made an agreement in principle.
The King of Bahrain's son, Sheikh Abdulla Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa, was suing Jackson for £4.7m, claiming he reneged on a music contract.
Mr Jackson contested the claim, saying there was no valid agreement. The BBC's Matthew Shaw was told Mr Jackson was about to board a flight to the UK when he was told to postpone the trip

Well, it's officially over. I hope it was in Michael's favor. If anything, he may have covered the cost of the Prince's "alleged" hospitality. He could have stayed in a hotel had he known that "hospitality" and those "gifts" were costing him. And there were some things that were probably due (if the guy really did pay his attorney's fees). As far as the agreement/contract was concerned, it was obviously not valid when you have a company that's non-existent to this day so I doubt anything involving that still stands. Resolving something on principle isn't bad, imo. It means everyone came to a reasonable conclusion they could both live with. Since Michael was ready to go to London I imagine it was the Prince who realized he didn't have much of a leg to stand on in getting 7 million and decided to make a deal. Whatever. The main thing is Michael is now officially FREE from BS.

Oh happy day! :cheers:

Thanks to all for the updates! :flowers:

Last edited:
Settlement 'in principle' means they have agreed to settle but havent worked any of the details, the money etc out yet

Thanks, so no one can say for how much the settled yet.

Thanks a lot.

If Michael was about to board a plane, it suggests he was willing to go ahead and fight his position, could it be that the Prince accepted an offer by Michael? I'm purely speculating, but didnt Michael initially try to reach an agreement with the Prince before the courts got involved?

Whatever the settlement, Im glad that MJ doesnt personally have to deal with a media circus tomorrow.

If Michael was about to board a plane, it suggests he was willing to go ahead and fight his position, could it be that the Prince accepted an offer by Michael? I'm purely speculating, but didnt Michael initially try to reach an agreement with the Prince before the courts got involved?

Whatever the settlement, Im glad that MJ doesnt personally have to deal with a media circus tomorrow.

Yeah, that sounds likely. I'm glad he doesn't have to go to London.

Oh yeah... I think the BREAKING NEWS thing just stunned me for a second. So yaaay, Michael can eat turkey now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back