Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

But that's the real problem. You don't know who's who until it's almost too late. But Michael always running around with a group of snakes until he realizes someone's rattle is choking his neck then they wanna sue. :rolleyes:

:( well that is rather bleak. guess your motto is one that cannot help but be adopted to avoid future bs. let this snake be the last one in the grass he has to sidestep.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

My personal opinion on this case is that he is going to lose

In my personal opinion, you need to turn off the tv and stop reading the tabloids. Michael has a possibility of winning this laughable case. The facts are on this thread. I really hate it when newbies come on this thread, post news without links, rely on the shitty tabloid media regarding this case, question long time members of this board of the things that they say and assume that MJ always excapes from a deal. If Mike kept doing that, he would not have a career. This man is a shrewd businessman with a extremely high I.Q. If he did not know what he was doing, he would not have made it this far in his legendary career. It is not his damn fault if the media refuse to report the facts. The media knows that when things start to look good for Mike, their papers do not sell or that they cannot report it. So, I do not understand the doubt that some "fans" have about MJ and this bullshit of a civil trial. The Prince is a FRAUD, period. He is playing himself constantly. The awesome post that rsw22 stated was proof how these idiots that sued Mike truly got played by him.

BTW, I do believe that MJ is a very trusting person but it is not his fault if he lives in a world that everyone, it seems, wants a piece of him and will do anything to get it. Either he has to be nice and caring regardless of him getting hurt or he has to be mean and nasty to avoid getting hurt. MJ decided to do what is not popular and still be nice and get hurt anyway. It is how he lives his life. I might not like it, but I can't do a damn thing about it. Personally, I wish he didn't trust anyone but himself, but shuttng people out will avoid him from having a life. I do like the fact that he is defending himself and going to the UK and let people know the deal.

as I have better things to do

Like following a popstar. Blah.

:( well that is rather bleak. guess your motto is one that cannot help but be adopted to avoid future bs. let this snake be the last one in the grass he has to sidestep.

I wish I was more optimistic about the situation but I just can't. I mean this is a lesson Mike has to learn. He just can't trust anybody without READING them first. THINK before they say "let's work". He talks about adults letting him and the world down let he still blindly goes to "businessmen" and what not until he "realizes" it. He has to check everybody out first before he puts this "blind faith". Sure they may SEEM to be good but when you don't realize they're a backstabber until someone tells you then...whatever happens happen. This is not against MJ, I just wanted to be FRANK about it.

:clap:............... @ Bee's post.

Juarez, first I think your repeated use of the phrase "the arabs" is a bit shallow, considering this is a specific dispute between Michael and the Prince of Bahrain. I don't think it's fair to group an entire race into that of the prince of Bahrain. How about just call him "the prince" when referring to the other party?

Second, if Michael was repeatedly given the impression that the prince's "hospitality" was just that, and that the money and gifts were given on generosity alone, I don't see why he should now be required to pay back all of these costs just because he decided to back away from a draft of an agreement for a company that does not exist. Michael's former nanny also insisted that there was never any indication that the money was to be paid back or that any obligations had to be fulfilled as a result of the generous gifts the prince gave to Michael--and a chunk of these alleged expenses were given to the nanny back in 2005 long before any written agreement was even conceived. The prince showered Jermaine with gifts and money just the same, and expected Jermaine to get on board with 2 Seas Records, but these plans fell through just as Michael's did--yet the prince only insists on suing Michael and not Jermaine.

Bingo!

And great post rsw22. It's amusing actually how some of the people who were automatically falling down on the side of the Prince, screaming from high heavens that those defending Michael were being unfairly biased for him, are now no where to be seen in this thread. Since this case is falling apart before our very eyes and its more then apparent that the Prince actually has no case and is sueing out of bitterness and greed. I even said before all these details came out that Michael may legally be in the wrong, but the Prince is morally in the wrong. Well now with details, it appears that the Prince is both legally and morally in the wrong.

And I really wish people could look at the circumstances surrounding this before automatically saying Michael "shoulda, woulda, coulda". What would you have done in his position? Really?

Ooooo when this case is over...

that would be nice :)

i don't know if that is a fault..but an unfortuanate trait to have in a cold world.

it can be very hard to cross the bridge from smiling at everybody, being non confrontational, and nice, to having no problem being callous.

don't mean to be dramatic, but it may sorta be like a policeman. vs. a regular citizen, using a gun.

if the regular citizen kills someone, they may be traumatized by it, forever. but a policeman has to learn to kill people and move on.

i think that's an overdramatization, but still a point making statement that i'm trying to make about MJ.

he has trouble not being nice. i'm not gunna fault him for that. and..really..there's nothing he can do about the world at large being cold, though he loves to say...'change the world'.

See, you get it. That's my contention. That's why I don't blame Michael for these things. He's a nice person in a mean world. That's not his fault. If more people were like Michael, then these sorts of things wouldn't happen.

The comparison to Michael's family is, Michael stopped talking to them, just like he stopped talking to the Prince, like he stopped talking to that Rabbi, or Uri Geller. He cuts people off after he realizes that they're using him or betraying him. But he gives them the benifit of the doubt before that. He's willing to let people be as good to him as he is to them. I don't see how you can fault him for that or blame him for other people's actions. He looks for the good in people, that's not a fault. The fault lies with other people failing him and willing to abuse his generosity and trust. The world is the way it is because of people being too afraid for their own well being to open up and allow others the chance to show they can be good.

Last edited:

Lets put this trust issue into perspective. Michael has many genuine friends, family, associates who he can trust. He's met and come across many people in his lifetime and of all the people he's dealt with, befriended, had a business relatinship with, the majority by far dont go around looking for reasons to sue him.

Its easy to say well Michael shouldnt be so trusting. It will always be a gamble for him, but I'd much rather he take a chance and believe in the good of most people out there, than shut himself away from the world to become a bitter old man.

Mistakes have been made and lessons can be learned, but to believe that the answer to MJs problems means that absolutely no one can be trusted is not a realistic way to ask someone to live their life. I think its inherent in all of us to want to trust people, no matter how many times you can be burnt, its human nature imo.

i would really hope so emmah. thinks he's weeded his garden now

Yeah Timmy; I bet he can hear the cranberry sauce screamin in his mind right about now :lol:

Why does trouble always have to hit Michael right before the holidays all the time? Let the man have a good Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year already! Examples...1993-1994 allegations, 2003-2005 allegations/trial, and now this trial...not to mention any other more minor things that may have happened in the past.

i think they settled the case in the weekend and MJ is not coming ..... again "i think"

No, Michael's coming. He's probably already there. He doesn't want to settle this thing.

Bingo!

And great post rsw22. It's amusing actually how some of the people who were automatically falling down on the side of the Prince, screaming from high heavens that those defending Michael were being unfairly biased for him, are now no where to be seen in this thread. Since this case is falling apart before our very eyes and its more then apparent that the Prince actually has no case and is sueing out of bitterness and greed. I even said before all these details came out that Michael may legally be in the wrong, but the Prince is morally in the wrong. Well now with details, it appears that the Prince is both legally and morally in the wrong.

And I really wish people could look at the circumstances surrounding this before automatically saying Michael "shoulda, woulda, coulda". What would you have done in his position? Really?

the emboldened has been the pattern over the last many months...

Any confirmation about wherether Michael's at a friend's house or a hotel? Does anyone know?

Is he expected to arrived at 10 or in the afternoon?

I must say I haven't read more than 10 posts in this long thread, but I'm sure they all pretty much resemble each other or what I'm about to input.

In my experience with living in this world, people are shallow and very self-serving. When the Prince invited Michael to share his home and/or his hospitality as a place to relax and get away from it all, he did so as a purpose and selfish gain of his own. This man, the Prince, has all these aspirations of being a "Superstar" of sorts and he saw a pathway to Michael's expertise and wanted his piece of the action. The problem was with his attention to Michael at the time, where Michael needed someone or something to lessen his feelings of being "media abused", "falsely accused", "character bruised", and "livelihood reclused" not someone to feast off of his vulnerability.

He, the Prince, did not have to forward Michael any money at all. He was greedy for the chance to eat at Michael's vulnerability and his sense of being gracious for his friendship, albeit, the Prince's friendship came with millions of dollars and self-servingness.

As anyone with common sense, I can see where this went crucially wrong.

Firstly, Michael didn't need to make a record or do any stage plays or write an autobiography to become more "famous". The Prince needed Michael and he used what he had to lured the thought that he could get it if he flashed the cash.

Secondly, after Michael woke up from his blurred existence and realized where he was, it was plain to see that he was being taken advantage of. Now, the fact that they wrote songs together and put them on tape only made it more clear to Michael what was going on. Obviously, if the Prince had "talent" he wouldn't need Michael to record with him. But this is happening here in the U.S. also, with artists who want and wish for Michael to slide into the studio with them and make history with using his voice and music genius to raise their level of supposed greatness.

Thirdly, when Michael (according to what's been revealed in the news) asked to be released from any present or future endeavors with the Prince; the Prince saw his dreams of becoming a "ranked superstar" go up in smoke. He thought that he had Michael right where he wanted him, under a pile of money.

What happened is as simple as the case of childhood play and the "Indian Giver". The carrots that were dangled in front of Michael weren't feasible enough to get him to do what the Prince wanted and I don't think that "any amount of money" would have been feasible. It was a busted attempt by the Prince and now he's calling "foul".

I read in some news report that Michael needs to know that his fans are supporting him. I don't know why he would need to know this. We, the fans, have and always will support him to the degree of fair and righteousness, because there is such a thing. I am supporting him, as I did before and hopefully this too shall become a memory not worth thinking of in the years to come

Is he expected to arrived at 10 or in the afternoon?

Somewhere in this long thread it was reported that Michael will be in the courtroom in the morning, about 10am. Apparently all the testimony was completed on Friday that supposedly was to happen Monday morning, so Michael should be first or one of the first up to the docket. If I can find the post or news report about it, I'll post the link/article.

Okay, MJJC summary report is up and in the special news thread on the trial. All news and pics of MJ will be posted there with NO DISCUSSION for all to read quickly. Thanks.

Also, please refer to the 'meet up' thread for arrival information. We will also post official confirmed information in the news only thread for this story. Thank you.

It seems as though the prince wanted to use MJ as a commodity for himself, using his life events and popularity to make moneyoff and MJ saw right through it.

Everybody seems to want to be connected to a rock star. Seems like the prince would have enough going on in his own like.

WOW! Being a rock star must have a very powerful magnetizing quality( especially being Michael Jackson)

since i can't comment in the news section, i'd thought i'd comment about an article here.

it's funny how the report said that all the buzz is about MJ arriving at the courthouse...and that it's the HOTTEST ticket in London..and how they had to make special arrangements for court seating. has there EVER been a time where that has not been the case in any place where MJ was to make an expected appearance? and yet..people keep thinking they are the person to REVIVE HIS CAREER?????? what's up with that, prince of bahrain?? lol. boy..people must think we are reallly sos(stuck on stupid) to think MJ is in trouble when people take him to court over 'reviving his career'.

Hottest ticket in London...you got a point vncwilliam. Gee, for so many people that don't like Michael, all seats always sell out STILL, wherever he goes. He should do some appearances (not in court...please, no more of those) in the USA...lol...he'd fix the economy here in a week, lol!

I find it a little bit strange that Michael has not checked in to any hotel in London? Shouldnt Michael be at least in London one day before court?

OMG! Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson, you're totally Michael Jackson. Drive us crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back