Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

I love your enthusiasm and support for Michael but not everything he says is the gospel.

Your comment about misrepresentation and influence is just repeating what Michael's lawyer's have already said. They are paid to say things like this.

At the heart of this case is not what you stated in my opinion. It's a dispute of business.

Let's go back in time to 2002 when Michael was on trial for a very similar thing. The Millenium concerts with Marcel Avram, of which Michael 'forgot' he was involved in?!?

Contracts were signed, money changed hands and Michael did a runner.

Michael has a history of not living up to contractual demands.

It is misrepresentation and influence because IT IS what it is. Although Michael's lawyers are paid to say so, I am not and I feel it is such.

Care to elaborate on what you mean by a dispute of business?

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

Has Michael come yet? I heard that some fans are outside Docheser??? Is Michael there?

Why do people keep reposting the Sun tabloid stories do the rules here not matter?

I never have and never will read The Sun, its rubbish. I saw it somewhere else! :) Knuckles have been rapped and bottom's been spanked red....!! Apologies, I will have to read all the rules. I'll make sure before I post anything that I scan the Sun 1st to check its not been reported there. Ooh, post count back up to 2!

It is misrepresentation and influence because IT IS what it is. Although Michael's lawyers are paid to say so, I am not and I feel it is such.

Care to elaborate on what you mean by a dispute of business?

What I mean by a dispute of business is that Michael has started a partnership which was solely unfair because the Prince funded the whole operation from what I am aware of. But, a partnership was formed nonetheless in which Michael would released albums through this new record label.

I think the current dispute would give us all the true reasons behind the failed Katrina single.

There isn't a dispute of misrepresentation or influence because if Michael's signature is on any official documentation then the case is a wrap.

I don't think a Bahraini prince would fly all the way to England to take a man to court when he doesn't have a leg to stand on. This isn't like the 2005 trial, because the Prince has nothing to gain but self respect.

You think a senior royal is in need of cash? This legal affair is about principle.

Michael doesn't live up to anything he signs. I know Sony sabotaged Invincible but even the contract he signed with them wasn't fulfilled which is part of the reason their relationship crumbled. I will say again of the Millenium concerts.

Let me put it simply. If Michael wasn't part of this label and this has all been one big lie from the Prince then why the pictures? Why the statements? Why all the world press? And, if Michael is to be believed - why no denial?

Is it true that Michael's now in Heathrow???

Update:

I just got off of the phone to Greg. He and some fans have gotten on a bus to Heathrow and are about to arrive there. MJ has landed in Heathrow at 1:10pm (or so I think he said) Apparently 'everyone's going crazy' and it's all over the TV and paparazzis are there.

from Maximum Jackson

there is no dispute that they were putting something together, it just never came to pass. idk about the doc signed. idk anyone knows whats in that. no, i dont think the prince is doing this for the money either. other things are in play and i dont feel it is as neat as all this. as to why no denial from Michael? he has denied that the money was to do with the contract via his lawyers. he doesnt deny about the putting together a company with the prince, cause obviously that was on the table at some point. the case isnt about whether or not there was ever discussions or plans on this. it is about whether or not the money given was a gift or part of that deal. no one has seen the docs signed, so no of us can really speculate one way or the other.... we just have to wait it out.

Update:

I just got off of the phone to Greg. He and some fans have gotten on a bus to Heathrow and are about to arrive there. MJ has landed in Heathrow at 1:10pm (or so I think he said) Apparently 'everyone's going crazy' and it's all over the TV and paparazzis are there.

from Maximum Jackson

and the circus begins....

correction:
Ok, some info has got lost in translation. I just spoke to Greg and they have heard that he has landed at Heathrow.

What does it mean? Now Michael doesn't even appear at Heathrow? OMG! Poor those fans who are staying there

What does it mean? Now Michael doesn't even appear at Heathrow? OMG! Poor those fans who are staying there
The fan who gave the info hasn't seen it by itself, only heard from other ones that he landed, so it doesn't mean he didn't arrive at Heathrow airport.
We will know it better and exactly soon, I'm sure. The British fans are very smart and experienced in searching for Michael :cheeky:

Jackson expected to arrive in UK

Michael Jackson is expected to arrive in the UK over the weekend

Michael Jackson is expected to arrive in the UK to give evidence at the High Court over claims he breached a music contract with an Arab sheikh.

It is thought fans will gather to support him, but court officials are issuing a limited number of passes.

The King of Bahrain's son, Sheikh Abdulla Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa, is suing Mr Jackson for £4.7m, claiming he reneged on a music contract.

Mr Jackson contests the claim, saying there was no valid agreement.
[...]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7744621.stm

Thank u MJdove, are u in London waiting for Michael, too? If you're, could I have yr phone number?

By no means does this trial compare to what he's endured before, I do view this as a business issue. I dont think its as cut and dried as we think and perhaps Michael will have to pay some sort of costs incurred by the Prince if the wheels were in motion to do business together. I would think that having a signed legally binding contract only strengthens the Princes case but has this been confirmed? And exactly how much does a verbal contract hold up in court?

I do feel that the Prince was fully aware of Michaels vulnerability and is morally wrong to have pursued business dealings at a time when emotionally Michael was exhausted and drained, anyone could see that, he tried to capitalise on that imo.

I am confident that Michael will explain himself well in court but I wouldnt predict this as being an all out win for Michael. Think theres many questions and complications about it that we just dont know of.

When is this case expected to wrap up?

What I mean by a dispute of business is that Michael has started a partnership which was solely unfair because the Prince funded the whole operation from what I am aware of. But, a partnership was formed nonetheless in which Michael would released albums through this new record label.

I think the current dispute would give us all the true reasons behind the failed Katrina single.

There isn't a dispute of misrepresentation or influence because if Michael's signature is on any official documentation then the case is a wrap.

I don't think a Bahraini prince would fly all the way to England to take a man to court when he doesn't have a leg to stand on. This isn't like the 2005 trial, because the Prince has nothing to gain but self respect.

You think a senior royal is in need of cash? This legal affair is about principle.

Michael doesn't live up to anything he signs. I know Sony sabotaged Invincible but even the contract he signed with them wasn't fulfilled which is part of the reason their relationship crumbled. I will say again of the Millenium concerts.

Let me put it simply. If Michael wasn't part of this label and this has all been one big lie from the Prince then why the pictures? Why the statements? Why all the world press? And, if Michael is to be believed - why no denial?

:eek: I don't agree. Michael was not in a good place in his life to be making these kind of business decisions, and I think it is possible that IF he did sign anything, it was because he felt like he wanted to return the favor of the Prince's hospitality, or he was convinced by others that it was the right thing to do...others including the prince misleading Michael.

I think it is safe to say the Prince was not being just a friend to Michael and he saw this ONLY as a way to have some fame and make some money, I think the Price himself has made that obvious (ice cream?) So don't tell me that this is about principle and self respect that is BS. The way I see it is he took a chance and had an opportunity, he made an investment, and as we all know when you make an investment in something, you don't always get the return you wanted.

He took advantage of Michael and this is karma, even if Michael has to pay him, I think he looks like a fool either way, and I think wasting the courts time makes him look like more of a fool, like you said he doesn't need the money, so...

emmah - I agree, you pretty much summed up what I had in my head too but was not able to express so concisely! I don't think it will be an easy peasy win for Michael as he did seem to have shown much interest in working with the Prince and his esstablishements at least in some point of in time...it is however, i feel really not a simple breach of contract on Michael's part as so much seemed to have been implied and expected in ways and means which are not apparent or upfront.

Smartest guy on this forum.

Oh please. You as well as everyone else have no idea what the full story or circumstances are. Always amazed at how the Prince is given the benefit of the doubt. If the Prince is the right one as you say, then he must some major idiot. Without knowing any facts you bash Michael Jackson. That makes no sense to me. But hey again I am not surprised with Michael Jackson fans. They take any soundbite from the media and haters and take it as fact. Nobody can think for themselves any more.

I don't think a Bahraini prince would fly all the way to England to take a man to court

That is ridiculous. That means absolutely nothing.

emmah, i read it is supposed to wrap up by end of the month.

Thank u MJdove, are u in London waiting for Michael, too? If you're, could I have yr phone number?
no, unfortunately not, I'm only shuttling to and fro searching for the newest informations. That's all.

quote]

Exactly how do you know that Michael doesnt have a leg to stand on? Why would Michaels lawyer have taken on a case that was impossible to win?

This case isnt black and white, theres a lot of grey areas that need to be looked into.

Oh please. You as well as everyone else have no idea what the full story or circumstances are. Always amazed at how the Prince is given the benefit of the doubt. If the Prince is the right one as you say, then he must some major idiot. Without knowing any facts you bash Michael Jackson. That makes no sense to me. But hey again I am not surprised with Michael Jackson fans. They take any soundbite from the media and haters and take it as fact. Nobody can think for themselves any more.
hundred percent agree

Anhy news about Michael??? Has he come yet? I can't wait T_T

quote]

Exactly how do you know that Michael doesnt have a leg to stand on? Why would Michaels lawyer have taken on a case that was impossible to win?

This case isnt black and white, theres a lot of grey areas that need to be looked into.

I think he meant why would the PRINCE fly to england if HE didn 't have a leg to stand on.

All I can say is that the prince obviously has very good lawyers and good advice

I have a different question: if Michael wanted to sign with 2 Seas and record 2 albums with the Prince, wouldn't that mean he isn't with Sony any longer as some people here claim he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back