Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

So it's not real? Oh thank God. Sorry for letting everyone confused. I'll edit it

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. It made no sense at all. I didn't believe it, but it was a strange "story." Poor Michael...so many stories about him.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h9XQU4UEjNoSVIRRaBRU0APtihIA

Michael Jackson is alleged of owing an Arab sheikh £4.7m

Rush to watch Jackson in courtroom
5 hours ago

The most exclusive ticket in London on Monday is for Court 73 at the High Court where Michael Jackson is booked to appear in person.

Instead of his usual singing and dance routines, the superstar will have a speaking part when he steps into the witness box to defend allegations that he owes an Arab sheikh £4.7 million.

So great is the demand to see the star in action that the court authorities have issued a limited number of passes to get into the court, one of the largest in the complex.

"Admission into the courtroom will be by ticket only," says a message from the Her Majesty's Courts Service.

Jackson was invited with his children and entourage to Bahrain by Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, second son of the King of Bahrain, shortly after the star was acquitted of child molestation charges in California.

While there, the sheikh lavished money on Jackson and built a recording studio he believed would be used to record albums by the king of pop using material the sheikh had helped to write. But Jackson pulled out of the deal in May 2006 after 11 months and has not seen the sheikh since.

On Monday Jackson will come face to face again with the sheikh who said he believed he had formed "a close personal relationship" with the star whose career and fortune he hoped to revive.

Now Sheikh Abdulla says he wants nothing more to do with him and is suing to get his money back.

He claims he and Jackson entered into a "combined rights agreement" (CRA) under which the troubled superstar was committed to repaying 7,000,000 dollars spent by the sheikh from royalties the singer earned from records produced at the Bahrain studios.

Jackson insists there was no valid agreement and that the sheikh's case is based on "mistake, misrepresentation and undue influence". He says the money paid out by the sheikh - on utility bills for his Neverland ranch, accommodation expenses and even the legal costs of his criminal trial - were "gifts".

spoof article removed :lol: to avoid confusion :lol:

Welcome to the forum though bublemjj47 :flowers:

Do play on everyone :D

So it's not real? Oh thank God. Sorry for letting everyone confused. I'll edit it

Sorry we didn't answer right away. Some of us (me) weren't sure if you believed it or were just joking around and knew it was satire. I actually found it funny.

Welcome to the board.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h9XQU4UEjNoSVIRRaBRU0APtihIA

On Monday Jackson will come face to face again with the sheikh who said he believed he had formed "a close personal relationship" with the star whose career and fortune he hoped to revive.

Now Sheikh Abdulla says he wants nothing more to do with him and is suing to get his money back.

He claims he and Jackson entered into a "combined rights agreement" (CRA) under which the troubled superstar was committed to repaying 7,000,000 dollars spent by the sheikh from royalties the singer earned from records produced at the Bahrain studios.

Jackson insists there was no valid agreement and that the sheikh's case is based on "mistake, misrepresentation and undue influence". He says the money paid out by the sheikh - on utility bills for his Neverland ranch, accommodation expenses and even the legal costs of his criminal trial - were "gifts".

oh I realy wanna know why he invited Michael in the beginning!!!!!!!!!?!:no:
oh God fame!?! how could he treat Michael like that just after his trial!!! and now look!!!
"Casue they're the Backstabbers!!!"

oh I realy wanna know why he invited Michael in the beginning!!!!!!!!!?!:no:
oh God fame!?! how could he treat Michael like that just after his trial!!! and now look!!!
"Casue they're the Backstabbers!!!"

Because people are sick and twisted!!

It's ok. English is not my first language so I didn't understand. Thank u for letting me know

Now Sheikh Abdulla says he wants nothing more to do with him and is suing to get his money back

can he really get back the money he has spend for someone that he'd invited to his resident?
will the law support that really?

Because people are sick and twisted!!

And that realy breaks my heart!:no:
it's like he can never find a trustworthy friend (besides Liz ) anymore!!:no:
he doesnt deserve that for God sake!!

can he really get back the money he has spend for someone that he'd invited to his resident?
will the law support that really?

ofcourse not!
unless he has some legal papers as he claims Mj signed to represent!! which I doubt it !

Hey anyone who manages to get close to MJ ask him when the heck his album is coming out!!!

there ARE no mistakes in the universe....and everything happens the way it happens....if i got in a car accident and i was upset cuz i had to pay the deductible and my car is messed up...i could say that if the accident didn't happen, everything would've been ok....but what if i wasn't in an accident and i went somewhere it caused my death? that's y u never say something wasn't mean to happen....it's all our story that's already written

as for mj testifying, if he acts lik ehe knows what he's talking about, it'll go ok...

has he arrived in the uk yet ? lol

soso deaf please don't take offense to this but it is something i just simply don't understand. If our lifes story has already been written why/how is it we get judged when we leave here?

soso deaf please don't take offense to this but it is something i just simply don't understand. If our lifes story has already been written why/how is it we get judged when we leave here?

Can I give my two pennorth? In my view our fate is written BUT we have choices to make whenever we have a certain path to cross. It's those choices we may be judged on.

Feeling a little sad that the court is now doing a 'ticket' system to get into court to watch Michael testify. No problem to me if those are his fans who love and support him but it just seems wrong that everything Michael does is open to public spectacle.

how many hours till michael apears in court?

In australia its 10:30 at night and I got work in the mourning so i cant stay up late...

if you guys say an hour then ill wait for pix

appreciate a reply thx :flowers:

Tink it's still Sunday in England and Michael won't be there in court at least till tomorrow morning which is more than 14 hours to go. I recommend you go to sleep!

Hi guys, long time MJ fan (and lurker!) 1st time posting as felt I had to say something.

As much as I love MJ, and I have no love for the arabs, surely if Michael signed a contract (as reported everywhere) then shouldn't he have at least read it? Ok some might say that he wasn't in his 'proper' state of mind , but thats just common sense isn't it?

I think its a bit off people slating the Prince (not the artist formerly known as lol) blindly, as I cant imagine them bailing him out with £4.7million just to try to take advantage of him. And lets face it, they hardly need the cash!

Last edited by a moderator:

Juarez, Hi. Although they report a 'contract' we have seen or heard little evidence of a contract in its legal definitions. Perhaps there is a legally binding contract and Michael has reneged it -- but from what we inderstand is that it was more of an understanding, albeit a tacit one that implied, the lavish spendings of the Prince were actually for Michael to return by way of an album, musical and autobiography which were to be distrubuted through the prince's 2 SEAS RECORDS which seems to have certain issues with its registartion as a valid record label as well.

This is not bashing the Prince/arabs or any such thing -- really what you must uinderstand that this is from informed deductions.

I too cringe at the public spectacle that follows Michael ....sometimes I feel things like civil cases and others really needn't be open to the general public....it's like you have to air all your dirty laundry in front of so many people..I suppose it has its advantages also.

i pray all goes well for Michael.

Last edited:

My personal opinion on this case is that he is going to lose.

There were statements around the time of 2Seas set up that Michael was the artist and co-founder of this label.

If the statements were un-true then I'm sure Michael would have denied involvement.

Then you have the posed picture of Michael with His Royal Highness and Guy Holmes who was going to run the label.

Also, you have the picture of Michael in a London studio with the Sheikh apparently recording the charity single for Hurricane Katrina.

If you ask me, Michael doesn't have a chance.

Another thing that should be taken into account is that Michael is a normal citizen. The prosecution supports a member of royalty.

Game over for Michael this time around.

:( well idk too much about all of that business nor about favoriticism etc.... just have to wait and see

King- ...and thank god pictures won't be concrete evidence in this civil case as no one is disputing Michael's relatiionship with the Prince, Guy Holmes and the likes. Nor is anyone disputing the fact that all parties were at one time interested in distributing music and other rpojects through 2 SEAS records, at the heart of this case lies the issues of misrepresentation and influence.

Why do people keep reposting the Sun tabloid stories do the rules here not matter?

King- ...and thank god pictures won't be concrete evidence in this civil case as no one is disputing Michael's relatiionship with the Prince, Guy Holmes and the likes. Nor is anyone disputing the fact that all parties were at one time interested in distributing music and other rpojects through 2 SEAS records, at the heart of this case lies the issues of misrepresentation and influence.

I love your enthusiasm and support for Michael but not everything he says is the gospel.

Your comment about misrepresentation and influence is just repeating what Michael's lawyer's have already said. They are paid to say things like this.

At the heart of this case is not what you stated in my opinion. It's a dispute of business.

Let's go back in time to 2002 when Michael was on trial for a very similar thing. The Millenium concerts with Marcel Avram, of which Michael 'forgot' he was involved in?!?

Contracts were signed, money changed hands and Michael did a runner.

Michael has a history of not living up to contractual demands.

idk i think it is a dispute about if the money was a gift or part of the deal? Grace testified Friday as his former assistant, and said they were gifts and the prince never spoke of anything needing to be repaid?

Can I give my two pennorth? In my view our fate is written BUT we have choices to make whenever we have a certain path to cross. It's those choices we may be judged on.

Feeling a little sad that the court is now doing a 'ticket' system to get into court to watch Michael testify. No problem to me if those are his fans who love and support him but it just seems wrong that everything Michael does is open to public spectacle.

The last part of your post is exactly what I was thinking when I read that. I wonder how that makes Michael feel...It sounds almost like he is some caged animal that everyone wants to look at or something.
(I know the fans who are going don't mean it that way, I'm just saying in general it comes across that way to me)

Just two quick points I want to make in this thread:

1 - Like in the Meet-up thread: please do not post stories of fans dangerously chasing Michael Jackson through the streets of London!

2 - Also, don't post tabloid stories in here ie the story about MJ converting to Islam. That story originated with The Sun.

These type of posts will be deleted.

Thank you :)

The last part of your post is exactly what I was thinking when I read that. I wonder how that makes Michael feel...It sounds almost like he is some caged animal that everyone wants to look at or something.
(I know the fans who are going don't mean it that way, I'm just saying in general it comes across that way to me)

hopefully it will be fans who get hold of the tickets and not just people looking for a show. fans presence will probably help him. even this is a civil matter, a courtroom cannot be a happy place for Michael to be. fans being there supporting him will be helpful to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back