Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

apparently the term has no legal meaning whatsoever so yeah this case sucks the more cause of it.

Thanks for the answer...

Now I see why I couldn't find it in legal sites.... I was searching for a legal definition of it and I couldn't find any... Thanks!

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

okay so the dude who's worked for mj since 83 is the brother of the lawyer helping to sue mj......and the guy works for the company that doesn't exist....um......

wow?

Just to clear this up John Barnes is the brother of the Sheik's American Lawyer. The American Lawyer has nothing to do with this case as it is in England.,. He does not have a licence to practice Law in England so he can only sit in the public area and observe whats going.

hey guys , this is random but when is Michael due to arrive in the uk ? ive heard it is today at some point

no one knows prob today but could already be here for all we know or maybe tomorrow but thats unlikely imo. theres a flight from L.A arriving now at heathrow so if hes on that we will know soon enough

great notes moonstreet. mj has a strong case imo now i better get ready for work or ill be late

You still wonder why the American Lawyer is even in the court. What are they up to?

It's great for fans to make statements after the fact. This is all in hindsight. Michael should have done this, should have done that. Life is not like that. Michael was emotionally exhausted, was not at 100%, and was trying to move on with his life. For people like Michael unfortunately the vultures will always be around and have more of an advantage when you are having a difficult time or you are unwell. It is the same with Britney's case. This was also at a time when Michael was only in the midst of trying to sort out his bussiness affairs and re-organise his whole business and hire new people. Again this is where people can take advantage. Until he was able to get new people on board and get everything back on track and be stronger in himself, things like this unfortunately were going to happen. It can happen to anyone. Michael has to be constantly aware of people now, everyone has agendas, trust no one. And I feel he is at that stage. But it has taken time naturally. He had deal with so much all at once, people were running him around in circles. Unfortunately The Prince was one of those people who got in during the trial when Michael was at his weakest, anyone would have been grateful for the invitation of getting away after the trial. The Prince wanted to get Michael to do business with and make money but he has no experience. And because it didn't work out, because in time Michael figured it out, the Prince has decided to charge him for every damn thing. If the judge decides on anything the figure I feel would only be in the thousands looking at what we know, but certainly not £7 million.

The last few years have been such a hard lesson in life for Michael and I think it shows how strong he is a person, most people would not have been able to cope. I know I wouldn't. I don't know how he does it.

You still wonder why the American Lawyer is even in the court. What are they up to?
what do u think? file a suit in the usa if thats possible? if the prince loses

I dont think he can file a suit in America, afterall the "contractural agreement" they have is based on British Law, Hence why the trial is taking place in Britain.

Does anyone remember this interview, where Shaich, said good things about Michael, when he was in Bahrain? He said somethings, like That Michael is very nice, and different from other celebritys, others usually complain and ask for money, and he is not like that. And that he offered him to buy an island, in UAA and that he didn't want.

I remember something like that but was it him or was it another guy he met in Dubai. Was it the racing driver guy? I don't know, can't remeber completely.

no that was the shaich, i have this interview, it can't be the other guy

This comes from from the Maximum Jackson Discussion Borad, I don't knwo to what they referring first.

Well they spoke to Barrister Michael McParland who was in Cirencester - I missed who he actually was in regards to this case (clever), but he did mention in the interview that he was at court in London the last time MJ was.

They didn't say anything about times or when he will arrive (Grrr).

They said Michael will appear in the witness box. Michael has written a witness statement and will be cross-examined for the first time in his life apparently in the box. He'll be asked questions about his finances and state of mind. No questions about health unless it relates to case. They'll ask him about his vision of how he deals with people/business such as 'why does he accept multimillion pound gifts, is he just used to it/expects it'?

Barrister McParland said Michael will have to 'justifiy his case' and 'that he has put forward defences for his case'. So basically MJ seems to have some sort of defence plan sorted out for this case, he is not just going in to say 'Its not my fault'. The Sheik will have to pay an award to MJ if MJ wins and vice versa.

Barrister McParland said of course Michael's arrival at the High Court will be a spectacle. He remembers 2 years ago one of Michael's car nearly knocked him out the way haha, he said that in jest. The Barrister said Michael had 2 other cars full of 'burly men' as security and MJ had the window down a little waving out from his blacked out window. Haha, I expect that'll happen again on Monday

And they answered a question that I had been wondering, why London? It seems that in the agreement cause they agreed it would be governed by English law (if MJ did sign anything at all) or that the Sheik and Michael agreed to hold the case in London as it's purely the best place to hear it as they both have no connection with London

MaxJax

I saw a bit of that. They haven't been following the court case updates that's for sure. They put it across like Michael took £7 milliion and ran away it. LOL! Made Michael to be out of touch of reality. Ah well Michael can show them on Monday.

Also said that Michael was going to be in for a shock because he hasn't been cross-examined on a witness stand before? Can't stand media who cannot do their research.

This comes from from the Maximum Jackson Discussion Borad, I don't knwo to what they referring first.

They were just summarising a report from Sky News earlier today.

This thing here that MJ is dealing with is a remnant of something that was much, much bigger and much more complicated.

He's been doing a very good job cleaning house and getting things back in order. He had to go through things layer by layer, but he's been doing it and he's been doing it very well.

Rather than some huffing and puffing about how long it's been taking, people really need to be taking notes. It's going to take the same type of strategic cleanup effort to fix the global economy. When things pile up and get out of hand, you have to take care of it layer by layer.

Evan Chandler created this stuff for MJ. Everything that we've been watching MJ clean up stems from what happened to him back in 1993 from someone being greedy. He is clearing away all the problems that branched off of it. It takes a lot of strength and determination to do what we've been watching him do.

Did you see how he went about cleaning this up? He started with the biggest part of the problem and worked his way to the smallest. He started where the lying began. He stayed focused, he held on to his faith in God, he rolled up his sleeves and went to work.

He didn't spend a whole bunch of time talking to the media about what he thought about the trial. Instead, he used that time to finish getting his stuff done.

If it wasn't for Evan Chandler, MJ never would have been in Bahrain for the reason that he was there.

Does anyone remember this interview, where Shaich, said good things about Michael, when he was in Bahrain? He said somethings, like That Michael is very nice, and different from other celebritys, others usually complain and ask for money, and he is not like that. And that he offered him to buy an island, in UAA and that he didn't want.

Yes, I exactly remember that. It was this year, when he already sued Michael. He said it plain: It's a business problem NOT a personal problem. He, the Prince, said only nice things about him.

He's lucky that he didn't accept the island otherwise he would be looking for that now as well. LOL!

OK, I am a bit confused. As far as I know the court begins at 10.00 a.m. on Monday, so why all the articles in the media say, Michael will testify in the afternoon? How long such day in court may last?

He's lucky that he didn't accept the island otherwise he would be looking for that now as well. LOL!

yikes!!! omg... well i think they were trying to get Michael to buy the island himself, i remember it actually being reported on that he had way back when. (hugs) Michael. what a nice Thanksgiving for him. sends him thoughts of turkey, cranberries, dressing, and lots and lots of desserts

OK, I am a bit confused. As far as I know the court begins at 10.00 a.m. on Monday, so why all the articles in the media say, Michael will testify in the afternoon? How long such day in court may last?

the reason is I was the only one in the court who has posted a report of the afternoon sesion. The media were only there in the morning session. Michael was origionally scheduled for the afternoon session on monday, during the afternoon seeion on friday, the Lawyers and the Judge agreed to finish with all the other witness's on friday, which brought forward Michaels sceduled appearance from monday afternoon to monday morning.

Michael's voice was at that time only 65% to 70% of the force it usually is

Interesting.

Thanks for posting updates, you guys.

Wasn't Michael cross examined in the mexico deposition and the court case with the German promoter Marcel Avram.

Michael will be fine he can hold his own, people will be surprised

I have a question, I hope some of you can help me. What is exactly a Combined Right Agreement? What does it tell? I'm just trying to figure it out...

Thanks for help

Yeah, it doesn't exist, except in the prince's head, as a legal term or document. He's trying to screw Jackson over a contract that doesn't exist, and over a label that doesn't exist, and be a petty little indian-giver like a kid ("I want my marbles back! I'm taking them, and I'm going home!"). The prince is gonna lose because of all of these, particularly the non-existent "contract".

To my knowledge, MJ's testimonial is in the afternoon.

Civil Cases in the past have been held in the afternoon in this same court.

no sign of MJ yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back