Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

shes gonna post a right up she just gave me a quick call i think itwill be posted on mj europe in a couple of hours or so

Thanks elusive, and to your friend as well, for keeping informed :)

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

Quote of the enitre thread right here! Right on Terrell! Right on brotha.

It was a great quote, but the poster is female. ;)

He wants Michael pay back the money of the F&¨%# ice-cream?????????:huh:

Isn't Michael also being sued by another Arab Prince. I can't remember his name, but Michael attended his birthday 21st party a year or two ago and had to leave because he wasn't well.

This civil case is a waste of Michael's time, but I think Michael should learn a lesson from this case and not mix money and friendship together. If Michael is right (I'm sure he is) and the Prince spent up to £4 million on Michael on his stay in Bahrain and never expressed that Michael had to pay the money back. Then that makes the Prince a jackas*, it really does. Like a number of sychophants who become close to Michael and call him Dad or brother etc, then end result is that they just want publicity from their association with Michael or his money. That's why Michael always becames distant from these so called friends, and they then make a mountian out of a mole hill and accuse Michael of some crime (which is financially motivated), or in most case sue him for money over an invalid contract.

I haven't read every detail about this trial, but this must be one of the most ridiculous cases I've ever seen.

WTF does a Bahrainian Prince need money for? He has all the money in the world! Icecream? Give me a break.

IF they did make a contract and MJ backed out, there is legitimate reason to sue.

But if they didn't and he just gave all that stuff to Michael, than he's just a super A**HOLE, if I've ever seen one.

I hope Michael isn't starting to burn his bridges with important people. If he didn't want to do an album and book with that guy, he should've said that right off:scratch:

Now their friendship is ruined.:(

WTF does a Bahrainian Prince need money for? He has all the money in the world! Icecream? Give me a break.

I think it's more than ice cream. Something went bad between them. Mabey an argument, or something.

Last edited:

I hope Michael isn't starting to burn his bridges with important people. If he didn't want to do an album and book with that guy, he should've said that right off:scratch:

this is what I think is happening...............................I agree MJ should I not led the Prince on, lets just hope it all gets sorted fairly

The ice cream story came from the Daily Mirror.

speaking from 'feelings' the Prince may have lagitimate reasons to have negitive feelings.. I was not there, and wont past judgement on that aspect.

But LEGALY speaking, he aint got NOTHING... This whole trial is a waist of time ,and waist of money.. travel expenses etc..

Agree to do what in 2005!!!

Some of you all have such short`term memories....it seems that most of these dialogues and transactions of money into bank accounts were happening at a time when Michael was at his lowest, at a gruelling time in his life where he was not in any position to forecast future musical or other projects. Once Michael was aqcuitted the Prince had high hoped of Michael, who soon formally ended any business terms that thye may havee discussed.

This is wherethe Price in annoyed and is looking drag this rubbish through court, what pisses me off is that Michael walked off from one trap to another.

01-1.jpg

Abdula?:huh:

Well we certainly didn't get much of an update today. I mean, we got like 4-5 lines of Grace's testimony and nothing else. LOL!

I always say, when the media is silent, it must be good news for MJ.

As elusive's friend stated, there was other testimony aside from Grace's, but the media didn't report any of it. I'm really interested in hearing what those other witnesses had to say during today's court proceedings.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week)

ARKENHATON...it's one thingto try to be 'objective' but u cannot be since we don't know mj's side yet. it's the prince's lawyer who's running his damn mouth about this and that. once mj's side gets presented then we can make a deduction on what's what but right now, giving the b. family the benefit of the doubt is kinda putting mj down cuz on one hand u say they're nice but then u're saying mj used their services of kindness and didn't pay them back....

only the PRINCE is suing....so this has nothign to do w/ his rich ass family. no one cared for him when mj was there, when mj left, so now he needs to get more publicity abouthis interest in a career w/ a trial.

I can be objective as I mentioned before I have not read anything about this case I dont even know about the Princes side of the story all I know is apparently Michael had an agreement whether is be written or by goodwill but something was agreed and now he has backed down for what ever reason.

Again I would just like to state I say it as I see it, MJ has done similar things before (many times) but I think he may have bitten off more than he can chew this time................I agree with the person who said MJ is only human and he makes mistakes.

In the music business I don't think that Prince has any importance in music. I mean 2Seas Records, never amounted to anything because the Prince is a novice in music. As long as Michael is on friendly terms with executives at Sony in both the USA and Japan, and friendly with other executives at other companies in both music and entertainment in the USA he will be fine.

I don't know what the actual situation is with Michael and the contract. But from what we know about Michael, he finds it hard to say NO to friends, and I guess signing or verbally agreeing to a contract to a non exsistant music label is just one of those things. We will get to hear more about this contract when Michael gives his side of the story on monday.

I don't think Michael lost a friend. Considering how low Michael must have been, talking about launching a music label in Bahrain, and using Michael Jackson's name sounds quite suspect to me.

thanks to midas at kop

thakn*Speechless.....
pfff.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/11/20/michael...15875-20911499/

Michael Jackson sued over a pot of ice cream by sheikh

By 3am 20/11/2008

And the tycoon has gone to extraordinary lengths to itemise £350,000 of stuff which he claims he spent on the star – and that Michael should have paid back.

And, chillingly, top of the list is a £3.79 tub of ICE CREAM.

Blimey, talk about milking it.

The second son of the King of Bahrain, 35, also wants to be compensated for £200 of Bodyshop lotions and pampering products.

Well, you know what they say… look after the pennies. There are other, more expensive items on the list, such as a trip to a toy shop for MJ’s family, a day in a waterpark, one Ferrari and two luxury all-expenses-paid holidays in Dubai.

But we reckon it’s the ice cream the sheikh really wants.

An insider told us: “It’s the most bizarre list imaginable. Some bills are only for £5 – but the sheikh wants every penny back. The sheikh wants to be compensated for the strangest of things, including Michael’s fave ice cream in the world, Haagen Daaz.”

This is unbrarably OUTRAGEOUS. he wants every penny back?:bugeyed
:tickingtimebomb :tickingtimebomb :tickingtimebomb

what the heck does this mean? :bugeyed
invite somebody to ur home, but then count every bit of thigns that u for him on and ask to be paid back?
oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy when generosity of a host has even been asked to be paid back?

sorry but this guy is so so so so nasty, he disgusts me :puke:

Well we certainly didn't get much of an update today. I mean, we got like 4-5 lines of Grace's testimony and nothing else. LOL!

I always say, when the media is silent, it must be good news for MJ.

As elusive's friend stated, there was other testimony aside from Grace's, but the media didn't report any of it. I'm really interested in hearing what those other witnesses had to say during today's court proceedings.

Yeppers! :yes: All those people testified and we've got crickets. :scratch:Court is over in the UK now, right?

Isn't Michael also being sued by another Arab Prince. I can't remember his name, but Michael attended his birthday 21st party a year or two ago and had to leave because he wasn't well.

I do not think so. I think it was established on this thread that the Prince you are referring to is not suing Mike. However, I am not so sure.

I hope Michael isn't starting to burn his bridges with important people. If he didn't want to do an album and book with that guy, he should've said that right off

Ok, wait a mintue - where did it state that MJ was doing a book with this Prince? The Prince listed all of the things that he claimed he wanted Michael to do like a book and an album. Nothing in the articles indicated that MJ wanted to do these things. Let's keep the focus on what this trial is about. If MJ wants to burn brigdes with "important" people, he has every right to do so. He doesn't need anyone to help with his career. He doesn't need to team up with some petty, pathetic and laughable Prince to write a "candid and honest" book on himself. Mike can do these things by himself. He does not even need friends. How many people he befriended that turned out and screwed him over and do not get the blame for it? Why does these "friends" wants to make it seem as though MJ is at fault for ending their "friendship"? It is not fair to Mike. He opened up to people only to get kicked in the face. That shit becomes annoying and distrubing after a while. So, if MJ wants to burn the bridges, he can go ahead and burn as many bridges as he wants to. He has his children, his parents, thank goodness, are still alive, his family is fine and growing, he has a legendary career, his money is on tact, his fans are exteremely loyal, he is very much loved and respected in his field and he is doing what he loves to do: make music. That is enough for Mike.

BTW, the Prince is Jermaine's friend, not Michael's. I think fans should focus on Mike instead of how his supposed "friendship" with this petty Prince is "ruined". It was never a friendship. The Prince practically bought MJ's "friendship" and MJ send it back and didn't want a refund.

Bee you are obviously verypassionate about MJ but you should not really be so disrespectful to the Prince of Bahrain by describing him as petty..........................nobody knows what happened between them expcept themselves....after all to quote MJ 'you shouldnt judge anyone unless you know them no matter what the situation'.......(i know thats not the actaully words he used but its the same none the less)

As a fan I just cant wait for the next album and hope this al sorts itself out.

Agree to do what in 2005!!!

Some of you all have such short`term memories....it seems that most of these dialogues and transactions of money into bank accounts were happening at a time when Michael was at his lowest, at a gruelling time in his life where he was not in any position to forecast future musical or other projects. Once Michael was aqcuitted the Prince had high hoped of Michael, who soon formally ended any business terms that thye may havee discussed.

This is wherethe Price in annoyed and is looking drag this rubbish through court, what pisses me off is that Michael walked off from one trap to another.

ALWAYS. I mean I don't even think HE realizes he always walks into "booby traps" until it's too late. Dude reminds me of Wile E. Coyote who would try to catch Roadrunner or Bugs Bunny yet he always walks into his own traps. :lol: I still laugh when he was putting poison in Bugs' carrots and Bugs ended up driving him to the train set where he got ramsacked! :lol: And he kept on saying "Wile E. Coyote, super genius!" LMAO

Mike kinda reminds me of that. I think if it was MONEY, I think the Prince would've sued him for more. I just think the Prince wants to see Mike so they can talk about what the **** went wrong in either side.

THEY SHOULD SETTLE...bottom line.

I couldn't imagine Michael wanting to write a "candid" autobiography, which the Prince claims was part of the contract

Mike kinda reminds me of that. I think if it was MONEY said:
100% agreement

I think that if possible Michael should try to talk to this guy personally and try to mediate this. This trial might turn ugly.

He may not have the money to pay him back.

This has happend before with the "spider bite" trial. He ended up losing and having to pay them folkes back 5 million dollars.

IN the future, he should try to avoid making agreements to things that he had no intentions on following through with. It's hurting him.

Last edited:

I think that if possible Michael should try to talk to this guy personally and try to mediate this. This trial might turn ugly.

Explain to me how can this turn ugly? Nothing will happen no matter what

I can't believe this skeik is doing this.
i always thought they were generous people? why is he doing this with :heart:Michael? :doh:

gee, maybe his songs really suck, it ain't :heart:Michael's fault that he ain't a good artist. now :heart:Michael must paid back all he has spend for him becuase :heart:Michael doesn't do what he wants him to.

soooooooooooooooo ridiculoous. :doh:

Just one question..has this contract everybody's talking about been presented at court already?

I think Mike may have to pay back a certain amount of money and that's it. No big deal. Guess he's quite fed up having to fly to Europe just for this but well, I think everything's gonna be settled quite soon.

Michael Jackson will win!Period.

NOW I dont have doubt!!!

Abdula is being ridiculous!

[QUOTEJustthefacts;1685935]Explain to me how can this turn ugly? Nothing will happen no matter what[/QUOTE]

maybe the guy means that it could turn ugly like - be all over the press etc and we all know how much theylove to try and humilitate MJ, plus the fact MJ has a large Bahrain fan base but they are extremely loyal to their Royal family and so they should be, so it could end up with them turning against him.

Who Knows but I can understand the posters worries.

I think what some ppl are missing regarding the contract is that Michael is claiming the Prince misrepresented what he could accomplish with the deal. If he said, "Michael, I got this. I'm RICH. There's nothing I can't do...yada yada...All you have to do is sign on the dotted line and I can make it happen", and THEN it turned out that he COULDN'T make it happen (i.e. being able to distribute and publish an international artist such as MJ) THEN Michael has every right to pull out. If the Prince made the promise that he could do certain things and then he was unable to do them, THEN he failed on HIS side of the agreement FIRST. By law, whoever breaks an agreement first essentially KILLS the agreement. It's null and void....falls apart....and projects don't/can't get off the ground. Why should Michael STAY in a contract with someone who's unable to fulfil that contract or is possibly having difficulty honoring that contract.

If anyone bit off more than they can chew, it's possible that was the PRINCE, not Michael. Michael may have realized it was a lost cause. The Prince is talking about what Michael promised to do for him but is anyone asking WHAT did the Prince promise to do for Michael that he didn't...or couldn't do?? The crap about the Katrina song is bogus. I'm not at home so I don't have that GQ magazine where the Prince granted an interview but I remember him giving some other excuse for why the song wasn't happening or was stuck in limbo....and it had NOTHING to do with Michael re-doing his vocals. There seemed to be some red tape issues? And it wasn't but maybe a week or two Michael up and left Bahrain and never went back. Maybe someone else can locate that quote in the meantime if they're up to it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back