Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

The topic of this thread is the trial in London. There will be trial updates soon. Criticizing one-another is not a respectful nor productive use of anyone's time and emotion. For the same of everyone's peace-of-mind, please take arguments to PM so that others do not have to read them.

Thank you,

Victoria

Read and heed people.

There is nothing wrong with members trying to take a neutral view on this trial.
Discuss the topic and stop trying to interpret what kind of fans we all are.

Off-topic posts will be deleted.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week)

Well as I remembered it being reported, the way it looked was Michael had been kicked out, not left, because the Prince was tired of paying for his stay there. No one was talking about how Michael used the Prince and moved on, but rather how he was kicked out, even though that was obviously false.

I we look at the time line - I post here only a part - we observe that KING of Bahrein himself, had a dinner with Michael, then after it Michael left.

I think that the KING himself was tired about those two, his sun and Mike, and just advised them to stop, and invited Michael to leave.

April 18, 2006 : It is announced that Michael has hired English music mogul Guy Holmes as new manager who is also named CEO of Two Seas Records, the label founded by ruler Sheik Abdulla Hamad Al-Khalifa & Jermaine Jackson. Michael is currently writing a new album which is due for release late next year on 2 Seas Records.

April 19, 2006 : Michael Jackson meets with Bahraini King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa at the Safriya Palace in Safriya ( Bahrain )

May 22, 2006 : Michael is in London to give a second deposition for the Marc Schaffel's lawsuit.

May 26, 2006 : Michael arrives in Tokyo (Japan) with Grace & the kids. They are joined by Raymone Bain.

June 2, 2006 : Michael, Grace & the kids leave Tokyo and go to Europe.

It's quite obvious why Michael left...... so sudden.....

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

Personally, I smell a rat in this trial. I know Mike has been sued many times before, but for some reason, something just ain't feeling right about the Prince suing Michael. I mean, do you all remember Roger Friedbrain's articles from a few years ago when Mike was in Bahrain? If you go back and look at some of the leaks that were coming out of Bahrain at the time, it almost appears as if someone that was very close to the Prince (or maybe even the Prince himself) was feeding Friedbrain and the tabloids stories about Mike from Bahrain. I mean, even when Mike left, I remember there being stories about how the Prince was going to cut him off and how he was basically "evicted" from Bahrain. Now, I'm not saying everything that was reported in the press at the time was true, but it appears that a lot of the stuff being reported had some relevance. What, if any, role did the Prince have in all this??
good points it does make u wonder and why now just when this is happening we have the UK tabloids stating for the 25th time that mj has converted to Islam. something does smell.

and so the prince admits under cross that mj is easily led and talked into things. nice one lol

thanks to midas at kop

thakn*Speechless.....
pfff.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/11/20/michael...15875-20911499/

Michael Jackson sued over a pot of ice cream by sheikh

By 3am 20/11/2008

Relations between Michael Jackson and the sheikh who is suing him were already cool… but now things have turned icy.

Sheikh Abdulla Al-Khalifa is suing Michael for £4.7million after the oddball singer allegedly reneged on a record deal.

And the tycoon has gone to extraordinary lengths to itemise £350,000 of stuff which he claims he spent on the star – and that Michael should have paid back.

And, chillingly, top of the list is a £3.79 tub of ICE CREAM.

Blimey, talk about milking it.

The second son of the King of Bahrain, 35, also wants to be compensated for £200 of Bodyshop lotions and pampering products.

Well, you know what they say… look after the pennies. There are other, more expensive items on the list, such as a trip to a toy shop for MJ’s family, a day in a waterpark, one Ferrari and two luxury all-expenses-paid holidays in Dubai.

But we reckon it’s the ice cream the sheikh really wants.

An insider told us: “It’s the most bizarre list imaginable. Some bills are only for £5 – but the sheikh wants every penny back. The sheikh wants to be compensated for the strangest of things, including Michael’s fave ice cream in the world, Haagen Daaz.”

Michael, 50, who is said to be taking to the stand in the High Court in London himself on Monday, claims the items were gifts.

But the sheikh’s lawyer, Mr Bankim Thanki QC, said they were to kickstart his career after his criminal trial in 2005.

Michael is now well on his way to releasing a comeback album, joining forces with the likes of top producers Will I Am, Akon, and Ne-Yo.

An insider said: “Michael will be in court on Monday and will be holding his head up high. He believed the sheikh invited him to Bahrain as his guest so this is the last thing he expected.

“He is very hurt and baffled by these claims, but he is hoping his fans will support him.”

We’re sure they will. Altogether now: “Freeze a jolly good fellow, freeze a jolly good

Re: Prince vs MJ Trial Thread

Everytime I come on this thread I think of the same thing even though I know it is not about Prince the singer. LOL. You are not alone in that.
LOL! Yeah, same here.

Btw, someone said that Grace is no longer working for M.J. I had no idea...
How do you know for sure?

All the articles written by Friedo were false in that period, and also later on, since MJ left and changed his people some tabloids writers have nothing to write about anymore except invented things or copied articles, and they were copied by european tabloids. It was so funny to see the same article from a tabloid pubblished 2 days later on the friedo board.

There was something definetly wrong during that period, but it was related to some tabloids and paparazzi who wierdly were everywhere in Bahrain, a place where usually there are none of them and people don't fly there just to take some pics of celebrity, that's for sure.
But I simply think it was more the kind of thing that follows such a pubblic triabulation, I don't think it has to do with the Prince, but just with the obsession of someone who is in the media. That's it.

The second son of the King of Bahrain, 35, also wants to be compensated for £200 of Bodyshop lotions and pampering products.

An insider told us: “It’s the most bizarre list imaginable. Some bills are only for £5 – but the sheikh wants every penny back. The sheikh wants to be compensated for the strangest of things, including Michael’s fave ice cream in the world, Haagen Daaz.”

Man, I don't know how true the above is, but if it is true, the Prince is making a fool out of himself. I can't take him seriously IF he has ICE CREAM on his "pay-back" list.

I don't think it is true

capt.73f340ea20074eb69074b039536ac994.britain_people_michael_jackson_xag102.jpg

capt.f8b08ec6145b4dd99322ad2cd5da1499.britain_jackson_court_xag101.jpg

Grace Rwaramba, nanny to US singer Michael Jackson's children, arrives at the Royal Courts of Justice in London Friday, Nov. 21, 2008. Rwaramba is to give evidence in the case brought by Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the son of an Arab monarch, who has taken US singer Michael Jackson to court, charging that the King of Pop took US$7 million (5.5 million euro) as an advance on an album and an autobiography that he never produced.
(AP Photo/Alastair Grant)

OMG, is the woman looking beautiful!:cheeky:

Now Haagen Daaz got freee advert in the papers................ I've already checked their site... looks yummilicious!!!!

I wanna taste that... dont know if I find that around here in my town, but... damn looks yummie!

what time will court finish on monday? anyone know? i know it starts at 10am

i guess it finishes around 4pm ish. only guessing though cant see it being much later

thanks to midas at kop

thakn*Speechless.....
pfff.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/11/20/michael...15875-20911499/

Michael Jackson sued over a pot of ice cream by sheikh

By 3am 20/11/2008

Relations between Michael Jackson and the sheikh who is suing him were already cool… but now things have turned icy.

Sheikh Abdulla Al-Khalifa is suing Michael for £4.7million after the oddball singer allegedly reneged on a record deal.

And the tycoon has gone to extraordinary lengths to itemise £350,000 of stuff which he claims he spent on the star – and that Michael should have paid back.

Well, you know what they say… look after the pennies. There are other, more expensive items on the list, such as a trip to a toy shop for MJ’s family, a day in a waterpark, one Ferrari and two luxury all-expenses-paid holidays in Dubai.

But we reckon it’s the ice cream the sheikh really wants.

Michael, 50, who is said to be taking to the stand in the High Court in London himself on Monday, claims the items were gifts.

But the sheikh’s lawyer, Mr Bankim Thanki QC, said they were to kickstart his career after his criminal trial in 2005.

Michael is now well on his way to releasing a comeback album, joining forces with the likes of top producers Will I Am, Akon, and Ne-Yo.

An insider said: “Michael will be in court on Monday and will be holding his head up high. He believed the sheikh invited him to Bahrain as his guest so this is the last thing he expected.

“He is very hurt and baffled by these claims, but he is hoping his fans will support him.”

We’re sure they will. Altogether now: “Freeze a jolly good fellow, freeze a jolly good

Thanks for posting elusive.
This made me laugh because, if this is true, the prince is making a fool of himself. I love the sarcasm and the article is very much on Michaels side (for a change). Im glad they mentioned that Michael was going to court with his head held high and that he is hurt by this crap.

yeah im kinda shocked at how pro mj it is.

i guess it finishes around 4pm ish. only guessing though cant see it being much later

so you think mj will be in there all day (from 10 till 4)? if i go, will probs arrive there at 10, cause train stops at euston at 9.45 that will be too late to get in to the courtroom. but might be able to see him during the breaks or something? are people who arent going to the court room able to go in to the courthouse?

I'm still waiting for vncwilliam's reply to Bongani. I believe you've made some good points Bongani and you're attempting to see it from a neutral perspective, kudos to you.

Of coarse i'm on MJ's side and judging by most media reports that usually state MJ's in the wrong, they're actually mostly FOR Michael in this case, so I dont think much will come from it.
Thanks much, its good to see that there are people who remove the Michael Jackson-fan glasses when viewing this issue.I'm inclined to think there are more but they just fear being labeled as not true fans or something to that effect.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread

Which was nobody's mistake but Michaels. He chose to go there.

I agree with you again, lol.

Btw, haven't read all your posts, but the ones that I've read make sense 'cause you're being objective and looking from both sides which I completely support.

As for Michael asking help from someone - I don't see anything wrong about it at all...
...psychologist, psychotherapist, homeopaths, hypnosis therapy...whatever...
Everyone should do that when needed.

just had a text a friend is going into the court for the afternoon session that starts at 2pm shes gonna take notes hope shes a fast writer lol

are people who arent going to the court room able to go in to the courthouse?
not sure tbh i doubt it. maybe normally but i doubt they will let 100 or so fans to stand about inside

Dayum Grace is so beautiful.. Michael has taste.. I find it suspect that he hired a woman so attractive to be his side-kick, lol! kidding..

not sure tbh i doubt it. maybe normally but i doubt they will let 100 or so fans to stand about inside

well technically they cant stop anyone from going in, because its public domain and the public can go to the court and watch the cases whenever they want, as long as they are quiet and dont disrupt the proceedings, however, 100s of obvious MJ fans there to see Michael, Im sure security will be on a higher scale and if you dont have any business being in the court, I really dont think they will allow you in. If that number of people being allowed in will affect security in any way, you can bet the fans will have to support Michael outside, just be careful guys...as a lot of questionable characters will be there for other cases too.

well technically they cant stop anyone from going in, because its public domain and the public can go to the court and watch the cases whenever they want, as long as they are quiet and dont disrupt the proceedings, however, 100s of obvious MJ fans there to see Michael, Im sure security will be on a higher scale and if you dont have any business being in the court, I really dont think they will allow you in. If that number of people being allowed in will affect security in any way, you can bet the fans will have to support Michael outside,
yeah thats what im saying. this is special circimstances so the normal rules can and prob wil go out of the window

well at least she is not a sheep like the rest fo the media is.

yea she did her research, finally a real journalist among the bunch! :) good for her!

Re: Prince vs MJ Trial Thread

Jackson claims the contract was entered into on the basis of "false representations" that the recording company was "capable of releasing and distributing, on a worldwide basis, recordings by an artist of international repute". He also alleges that Sheikh Abdulla, a powerful and influential public figure, exercised "undue influence" over him when he was emotionally exhausted after his criminal trial.

Oh my God:no:
I really am mad at this sheikh or whatever!!!!!
How could he do this to Michael!?!!!!! oh God why cant Michael have a trusty honest friend ?!? they just wanna abuse him whichever way they can!!! it's unbelievabl!!!!!!!!

yeah thats what im saying. this is special circimstances so the normal rules can and prob wil go out of the window

yea... totally, perhaps if some fans get there early, they could be lucky :yes:

Michael Jackson's assistant: Sheik gave him gifts
By JILL LAWLESS Associated Press Writer
Posted: 11/21/2008 06:18:56 AM PST

Grace Rwaramba, nanny to US singer Michael Jackson's children,... ((AP Photo/Alastair Grant) )«12345»LONDON—Michael Jackson's former personal assistant told a British court Friday that a Bahraini sheik who is now suing the singer was a generous friend, eager to give Jackson money and other gifts.
Grace Rwaramba said Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa referred to Jackson as his brother and frequently offered the singer gifts and money.

"He would say, 'What can I do for my brother?' 'What can I give the children?'" Rwaramba said. "Mr. Jackson had a back pain and he told me to get Tiger Balm for him."

Rwaramba, who also was nanny to Jackson's three children, said she considered the sheik's behavior "sweet."

She was testifying as a defense witness in a $7 million lawsuit brought against Jackson by Al Khalifa, the second son of the king of Bahrain. The sheik says Jackson reneged on a contract to produce an album, a candid autobiography and a stage play after accepting millions in advances. Jackson claims the money was a gift.

The money at issue includes sums of $35,000 and $1 million paid into Rwaramba's bank account by the sheik. Rwaramba said the money was intended for Jackson, who did not have a bank account of his own.

Rwaramba said she was "flabbergasted" when she received the first payment of $35,000, which she considered a large sum.

She said the sheik "apologized that it was a little. He said next time it would be more."

The court heard that Al Khalifa paid for hotel rooms for Jackson and his entourage and trips

to Toys R Us to buy Christmas presents for the singer's guests.
Rwaramba said the sheik never suggested any of money would have to be paid back.

Jackson, 50, and the 33-year-old sheik first made contact when the King of Pop was fending off accusations of child molestation in California and Al Khalifa offered to help him. Once Jackson was cleared of the charges in June 2005, Al Khalifa invited him to the small, oil-rich Gulf state to escape the media spotlight.

Al Khalifa says he gave Jackson millions of dollars in all to help shore up his finances and subsidize Jackson's lifestyle in Bahrain—including more than $300,000 for a "motivational guru."

Al Khalifa, an amateur songwriter, says the pair even moved into the same palace to work on music together.

But Jackson dropped the project in 2006, leaving Bahrain and pulling out of the contract. Jackson's lawyers are arguing that the musician wasn't bound by the deal because the contract was signed on behalf of 2 Seas Records, a venture which never got off the ground.

Jackson is due to take the witness stand at London's High Court on Monday. His lawyers had asked for him to give evidence by video link from the U.S., citing an unspecified medical condition.

But lawyer Robert Englehart told the judge on Thursday that Jackson's doctors had cleared him to travel.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_11040974

"He would say, 'What can I do for my brother?'

That sounds like the same thing the Prince "may" have been saying to Jermaine. LOL! I

I'm STILL trying to figure out why Jermaine got a Rolls-Royce from the Prince and apparently gave nothing in return.

I hope to God this comes out good for Michael. He does not need anymore trouble.

I hope so too.

My dad also hopes so :lol:

:angry:

"He would say, 'What can I do for my brother?'

wow...sounds like a manipulator or a suck up!!!

The money at issue includes sums of $35,000 and $1 million paid into Rwaramba's bank account by the sheik. Rwaramba said the money was intended for Jackson, who did not have a bank account of his own.
Remember that this occurred during the criminal trial, so any money that would've been transferred directly into Michael's bank account(s)--assuming his accounts weren't frozen and deactivated for the duration of the trial--would have been declared "suspect" by Sneddon and company, since so much of their case needlessly hinged around Michael's finances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back