Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

so u think thats why shes saying mj didnt have an account? frankly i find it bizarre enough that someone whos never met mj is giving him this sort of money during the case knowing what could happen. i wonder if jerm knew about this money.good ole agendas for the future

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week)

So, the difference between what happened between the prince and Jermaine, and what happened between the prince and MJ, is what exactly? The prince gave both of them money and 'gifts' and had hoped that each of them would get his 2 Seas Records going. It didn't work out with Jermaine, nor with Michael, but only Michael is expected to pay back the expenses?
:bugeyed wow!! what a lizard!!! he thought he could use them to be famous!?! what a bs!!
and besides I really wanna see what paper or sth he got in court to prove Michael got money from him!?! lurk !!

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week) [threads MERGED]

thanks to midas at kop

thakn*Speechless.....
pfff.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/11/20/michael...15875-20911499/

Michael Jackson sued over a pot of ice cream by sheikh

By 3am 20/11/2008

Relations between Michael Jackson and the sheikh who is suing him were already cool… but now things have turned icy.

Sheikh Abdulla Al-Khalifa is suing Michael for £4.7million after the oddball singer allegedly reneged on a record deal.

And the tycoon has gone to extraordinary lengths to itemise £350,000 of stuff which he claims he spent on the star – and that Michael should have paid back.

And, chillingly, top of the list is a £3.79 tub of ICE CREAM.

Blimey, talk about milking it.

The second son of the King of Bahrain, 35, also wants to be compensated for £200 of Bodyshop lotions and pampering products.

Well, you know what they say… look after the pennies. There are other, more expensive items on the list, such as a trip to a toy shop for MJ’s family, a day in a waterpark, one Ferrari and two luxury all-expenses-paid holidays in Dubai.

But we reckon it’s the ice cream the sheikh really wants.

An insider told us: “It’s the most bizarre list imaginable. Some bills are only for £5 – but the sheikh wants every penny back. The sheikh wants to be compensated for the strangest of things, including Michael’s fave ice cream in the world, Haagen Daaz.”

Michael, 50, who is said to be taking to the stand in the High Court in London himself on Monday, claims the items were gifts.

But the sheikh’s lawyer, Mr Bankim Thanki QC, said they were to kickstart his career after his criminal trial in 2005.

Michael is now well on his way to releasing a comeback album, joining forces with the likes of top producers Will I Am, Akon, and Ne-Yo.

An insider said: “Michael will be in court on Monday and will be holding his head up high. He believed the sheikh invited him to Bahrain as his guest so this is the last thing he expected.

“He is very hurt and baffled by these claims, but he is hoping his fans will support him.”

We’re sure they will. Altogether now: “Freeze a jolly good fellow, freeze a jolly good

How petty can he possibly be?! Ice Cream and body lotion????? :wtf2 Good thing Michael didn't go into business with this guy. I mean....dang... did he charge him for the toilet paper he used to wipe his arse, too? ugh!

Anyhoo, I'm glad Michael is feeling better enuf to go to London and testify. Yay!

GO GET 'EM, MICHAEL!!! :assassin: :punk:

capt.73f340ea20074eb69074b039536ac994.britain_people_michael_jackson_xag102.jpg

capt.f8b08ec6145b4dd99322ad2cd5da1499.britain_jackson_court_xag101.jpg

Grace Rwaramba, nanny to US singer Michael Jackson's children, arrives at the Royal Courts of Justice in London Friday, Nov. 21, 2008. Rwaramba is to give evidence in the case brought by Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the son of an Arab monarch, who has taken US singer Michael Jackson to court, charging that the King of Pop took US$7 million (5.5 million euro) as an advance on an album and an autobiography that he never produced.
(AP Photo/Alastair Grant)

OMG, is the woman looking beautiful!:cheeky:

She looks amazing! Love the American-Indian type chokers she wears. Not everyone can wear those cuz you have to have the right kind of neck. :p

Whatever the outcome of this case I just hope it's a fair and just verdict.

Thanks to all for the updates. :flowers:

Getting sued over Ice cream is just crazzyy imo!! wth? :huh:

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week)

You mean Michael sings in Farsi with "Beat it" back beats?

Yeah that would be fascinating to hear.

what do u mean in FARSI ???????? ???? ???
Did u mean arabic?? cause they're 2 different languages and in Bahrain they speak arabic not Farsi!!

Omg, my head is spinning...all these news coming in and so many posts, ahhh...
Btw, is this guy for real?! What made him ask for all that money back all of a sudden?! I don't know what to think now. So many posts I would like to read and reply to, but can't... Let's wait for more info.

Thanx Vstreet for your little research, could be...anything's possible but I really don't think it will all go into that
direction. We'll see how it all goes.

I'm very interested to hear Michael's side of the story.

So, Grace is really no longer working for M.J. Hmm... I wonder why...

I cant make out from these articles if Grace is still working for MJ or not. Sometimes she is the nanny, sometimes assistant, sometimes former. I dont think the jounalists knows her current position. But she is a defence witness, so it doesnt seem as if there is any bad feelings between them. She could have refused to show up or worst sided with the prince.

But anyways this case isnt about her. Its about how much money Mike spends on ice cream and body lotion :)

But anyways this case isnt about her. Its about how much money Mike spends on ice cream and body lotion :)
so its is about grace then lol

LOL! :p

Yeah, I know, I was just surprised a little 'cause I haven't been visiting the forum for a while and I don't know what's going on in M.J.'s camp, some fans also said that she's no longer working for him, plus these articles, that's why I mentioned Grace.

the case is silly.........and i think the prince is a very ridiculous person.

Grace looks great i love her she is a strong woman.

She looks amazing! Love the American-Indian type chokers she wears. Not everyone can wear those cuz you have to have the right kind of neck.

I can't wear them, I have a fat neck :)

I wonder why Grace dosen't work for MJ anymore?

GRACE HAS TESTIFIED IN COURT

November 21, 2008 - 8:19 a.m.

Michael Jackson's former personal assistant told a British court Friday that
a Bahraini sheik who is now suing the singer was a generous friend, eager
to give Jackson money and other gifts.

Grace Rwaramba said Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa referred to Jackson as his brother and frequently offered the singer gifts and money.

"He would say, 'What can I do for my brother?' 'What can I give the children?'" Rwaramba said. "Mr. Jackson had a back pain and he told me to get Tiger Balm for him.
"
Rwaramba, who also was nanny to Jackson's three children, said she considered the sheik's behavior "sweet.
"

She was testifying as a defense witness in a $7 million lawsuit brought against Jackson by Al Khalifa, the second son of the king of Bahrain. The sheik says Jackson reneged on a contract to produce an album, a candid autobiography and a stage play after accepting millions in advances. Jackson claims the money was a gift.

The money at issue includes sums of $35,000 and $1 million paid into Rwaramba's bank account by the sheik.
Rwaramba said the money was intended for Jackson, who did not have a bank account of his own.

Rwaramba said she was "flabbergasted"
when she received the first payment of $35,000, which she considered a large sum.
She said the sheik "apologized that it was a little. He said next time it would be more.
"
The court heard that Al Khalifa paid for hotel rooms for Jackson and his entourage and trips to Toys R Us to buy Christmas presents for the singer's guests.

Rwaramba said the sheik NEVER suggested any of money would have to be paid back.

Jackson, 50, and the 33-year-old sheik first made contact when the King of Pop was fending off accusations of child molestation in California and Al Khalifa offered to help him. Once Jackson was cleared of the charges in June 2005,
Al Khalifa invited him to the small, oil-rich Gulf state to escape the media spotlight.

Al Khalifa says he gave Jackson millions of dollars in all to help shore up his finances and subsidize Jackson's lifestyle in Bahrain - including more than $300,000 for a "motivational guru.
"
Al Khalifa, an amateur songwriter, says the pair even moved into the same palace to work on music together.

But Jackson dropped the project in 2006, leaving Bahrain and pulling out of the contract.
Jackson's lawyers are arguing that the musician wasn't bound by the deal because the contract
was signed on behalf of 2 Seas Records, a venture which never got off the ground.

Jackson is due to take the witness stand at London's High Court on Monday.
His lawyers had asked for him to give evidence by video link from the U.S., citing an unspecified medical condition.

But lawyer Robert Englehart told the judge on Thursday that Jackson's doctors had cleared him to travel.

http://www. victoriaadvocate. com/news/nationworld/story/361146. html

Last edited:

This trial seems nothing more than a petty, extortionist JOKE! I can just see Mike sighing and rolling his eyes over all this. the prince is pathetic.

I have to admit that I don't understand what Grace's testimony is supposed to mean in total. Is she alluding that the Prince was falling all over himself to buy Michael things just to butter him up for the business proposition? I don't get the jist of this.

Last edited:

When things are itemized down to even some ICE CREAM...come on...I think it's easy to see the kind of person the prince really is. You don't include ice cream in a lawsuit that's about breach of contract, lol!!! Is he going to charge Michael for the toothpaste he used? Or the dish soap used to wash the dishes he ate off of? This is PETTY!!!!

I can't even believe the prince had the nerve to push any kind of business deals so soon after Michael's trial in 2005, when he was physically, mentally, and emotionally devastated for a time after that. I can imagine it...Michael went there thinking he was going to stay with a friend, that was going to be generous enough to allow him to relax and recover there, but not long after stepping off the plane did the prince start mentioning or pushing business deals. Some friend. ...And he was secretly itemizing everything Michael used during the duration of the trip? I wouldn't have remembered or thought anything about itemizing "ice cream" in a lawsuit if I were to sue someone years later.

Sounds to me that Michael was getting harassed or nagged at to get into these deals, and perhaps he said "maybe" but nothing official or concrete came of it. I know Michael uses songs written by other artists, but like many say...he's extremely picky, and he even refuses songs from well known people in the business. He's a perfectionist. Perhaps when Michael got a closer look at everything, such as the songs the prince wrote, they didn't meet his standards. And who knows, maybe the prince was going to control everything, leaving Michael with no creative room, and left to be the prince's puppet...in so many words. Maybe the prince is more upset that Michael Jackson, a super-star that he greatly admired, didn't like, or accept his work (songs)...but that's the reality of the business. Just because you're a friend of the person doesn't make your artwork publishable, etc.

As for an autobiography, for some reason I have a hard time believing that Michael would write an autobiography so soon after his trial. I don't think he would want to focus so much on the past so soon, rather, he'd probably prefer to focus on the present and the future at that time. Michael needed time to heal before making such major decisions. Michael probably left that country back then because he probably felt too much pressure from the prince with all of these projects, and he wasn't in much of a position to do much while he was still there as a guest having gifts always given to him. The only time he may have been able to separate himself and feel comfortable enough to refuse the projects, was when he got out of there and left, having time to think.

I honestly feel bad for Michael. Doesn't he have any friends that don't eventually betray HIM? The prince also gave Michael $1 million BEFORE they met? I imagine they were talking over the phone, so does that mean the prince was pushing these business deals with Michael BEFORE his trial was even over? The article says the prince had a studio built...does he mean created in a building that existed already, or built a whole new building? If it's a whole new building...that takes time to build...usually a year, or close to it. So, the timing of everything, when it was pushed on Michael, is very shady towards the prince's ethics. I have just one question though, which I'm a bit confused about. Is this prince the same prince that tried to sue Michael years back because Michael didn't go to his birthday party?

I'm sorry if I sound a bit heated, but I'm sure we all are when it comes to people taking advantage of Michael.

I have to admit that I don't understand what Grace's testimony is supposed to mean in total. Is she alluding that the Prince was falling all over himself to buy Michael things just to butter him up for the business proposition? I don't get the jist of this.

Its very upfront and what we were hoping she would say
She is stating they were gifts and the Prince never said they were meant to be paid back
he was falling all over himself to give them -

The prince stated that they were not gifts they were advances in a biz deal
and Michale owes him ._ thats why Graces testimony is important

Its very upfront and what we were hoping she would say
She is stating they were gifts and the Prince never said they were meant to be paid back
he was falling all over himself to give them -

The prince stated that they were not gifts they were advances in a biz deal
and Michale owes him ._ thats why Graces testimony is important

I understand now. Thanks qbee

um what's so hard to understand? even she thought he was spending too muchmoney and theprince apologized for not giving enough!

so he was wanting to do this for mj...HINT HINT it's not a verbal contract for payback IF u give first then later talk about repayment...it doesn't work like that...so he gave and gave and gave

Is it known that Michael signed any binding contract with him? If so, than he may have to pay him back .

Is it known that Michael signed any binding contract with him? If so, than he may have to pay him back .

Well here's the thing, as of today, to my knowledge, from all of the articles that I have read thus far, there has been NO contract shown in court.

When the Prince was on the witness stand yesterday, I thought for sure his attorney would have presented him with a copy of the "contact" for verification, but I don't believe any of that happened.

Bottomline, they have been talking about a "contract," but I don't believe one has been presented to the court-yet.

(If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.)

michael signed a contract yes but the company doesent exist so hes claiming hes not bound by it . i dont know what london's like but ive signed contracts with companys tat o longer exsit and im not bound by those

And Michael has a witness who is backing up his story about the money being a gift. It seems the Prince does not

And Michael has a witness who is backing up his story about the money being a gift. It seems the Prince does not

HEY, that's an excellent point. Good catch!

some info guys from a friend who was in court this afternoon. grace testifyed this morning and is finished. this afternoon after guy holmes testifyed and a guy called mark stewart think that his name he was the producer for the charity song and a guy called possibly john barnes. they said he had worked for mj for years. hes a producer a know that name from the bad album but dont know if it was him. i presuming all these ppl testifyed for the defence as grace was first up and shes for the defence so i wouldnt think they would swap and change. all testimony was finished up this afternoon so mj is next on monday

These expenses tallied nearly $450,000, and the prince acknowledged today that he never expected the money to be paid back.

Interesting.

Rwaramba said she was "flabbergasted"
when she received the first payment of $35,000, which she considered a large sum.
She said the sheik "apologized that it was a little. He said next time it would be more

Who wouldn't be? My question is, why did she accept the money for Mike? I thought MJ had his own money. Wait...... maybe because of the trial that MJ was dealing with at the time, he couldn't spend his own money. Am I on the right track or the wrong one? This is so weird to me because this petty ass Prince wanted to give MJ more money regardless. So, why does he want MJ to pay him back? When you give money to someone, unless you tell them to pay you back, that person is not expected to pay the money back. By action, you showed the person that the money was a gift and that you willingly gave with no strings attached or contract being signed. You do not expect anything in return.

Is it known that Michael signed any binding contract with him?

It was stated but it was not shown based on what the articles have been reporting. It is up in the air at this point. However, my suspisions are starting to tell me that this supposed "contract" probably does not exist.

The fact that this Prince showered Jermaine with a car and money and never asked him to pay him back is very weird to me. It just is.

BTW, to the USA fans, did anyone watched that "show" Mike and Juliet this morning? They were talking about this civil trial and Geraldo was talking. I didn't watch it because I didn't want to. I wanted to know if anyone seen it.

Guy Holmes is testifying for Michael?

some info guys from a friend who was in court this afternoon. grace testifyed this morning and is finished. this afternoon after guy holmes testifyed and a guy called mark stewart think that his name he was the producer for the charity song and a guy called possibly john barnes. they said he had worked for mj for years. hes a producer a know that name from the bad album but dont know if it was him. i presuming all these ppl testifyed for the defence as grace was first up and shes for the defence so i wouldnt think they would swap and change. all testimony was finished up this afternoon so mj is next on monday

I wonder what was said

thats what im wondering. my friend really wasnt to sure. but if grace testifyed b4 guy then presumalby its the same as a crim case. the pros goes first ie the prince then the defence starts. so guy would be the defence.

wonder what was said
shes gonna post a write up she just gave me a quick call i think itwill be posted on mj europe in a couple of hours or so

Last edited:
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread

And if you notice, all of these people you talked about got "paid back". Oreilly had his own sexual lawsuit (notice after this, old Bill backed down from some his nonsense); Diane was FIRED and is viewed no more than a tabloid reporter who has an obsession about Jackson (and her 10 year book in the work on Michael FAILED). Nancy is on tv but she is view as a nut job even by the most crediable reporters. She is also dealing with her own lawsuit against the family who daughter committed suicide and some view Nancy as a person with blood on her hands. No one with substance take Nancy serious. Court Tv was cancelled in my city and the rating failed real bad after the trial and they lost crediablity. As for Michael, Michael cds are selling, he had the biggest selling cd of this year,people want him to tour (brothers or no brothers), many show was dedicated to him, etc. Many of his civil cases were either settled or he won. So you see, evil does not prevail. Only haters are enjoying this moment but they will be short lived.

Quote of the enitre thread right here! Right on Terrell! Right on brotha.

Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back