Michael Jackson Estate Signs Huge Deal With Cirque du Soleil! Update p20 [Merged]

Re: Michael Jackson Estate Signs Huge Deal With Cirque du Soleil! ALL THREADS

"We came to an agreement with Michael Jackson's estate to create and produce two shows," Cirque du Soleil President and Chief Executive Officer Daniel Lamarre revealed to MTV News. "One show is going to be an arena show at the end of 2011 and will tour for one year in North America and then tour around the world for many years to come. At the end of 2012, we'll also open a permanent show in Las Vegas."

"I think we can use some 3-D technologies and hologram technologies to allow people to see Michael Jackson onstage," he said of Cirque's intriguing idea to put Michael alongside the living, breathing Cirque performers. "If you are an MJ fan, you want to see him, and we have to find the best, most innovative way to bring Michael onstage."

This is going to be incredible!

"This joint venture is not only for those two shows, but for all of the other initiatives that we can develop together," he added. "We are already working on the concept of nightclubs, restaurants and other experiences and other types of content that we can develop on the brand of Michael Jackson."

WOW.

One of the leading concepts is a reality TV show that Lamarre hopes to launch by the end of this year. He describes it as a chance to combine television's two hottest shows, "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars," with the distinctive style of the King of Pop.

This would be awesome.

I knew this would happen. I love it. Michael would love it. This is everything Michael wanted.

Michael would have insisted on not having a dress rehearsal until near to showtime, it was always his way, the Dancers were in dress on 22nd but not in dress for the following 2 days

No matter what the case is you always seem to know what Michael would or would not have wanted. Pff. :smilerolleyes:

Anyway, when I asked the Cirque du Soleil on Twitter if they are going to tour in Europe I was replied:
We haven't announced a tourschedule yet, but we'll keep you posted! -- and you are definitely not the only European to ask! ;) :)

No matter what the case is you always seem to know what Michael would or would not have wanted. Pff. :smilerolleyes:

Anyway, when I asked the Cirque du Soleil on Twitter if they are going to tour in Europe I was replied:
We haven't announced a tourschedule yet, but we'll keep you posted! -- and you are definitely not the only European to ask! ;) :)

thanks!we are many indeed!

Can you please ask if they will tour Australia? :)

Can you please ask if they will tour Australia? :)

They already confirmed a world tour after the permanent Vegas show opens in 2012.

The tour will last several years.

Definitely wil be saving to see this in Vegas. Expensive but sooooo worth it.

Definitely wil be saving to see this in Vegas. Expensive but sooooo worth it.

I'll never have the money to go and see it, not for years yet anyway. I'm just hoping that they do a european tour :D

Thanks Reeta for the info regarding that possibility!

... continuing Michaelmania all over the world...., they should also visit India, China....

...and Madrid, Paris and London. At least. I hope they are that much prepared.

I'll never have the money to go and see it, not for years yet anyway. I'm just hoping that they do a european tour :D

Thanks Reeta for the info regarding that possibility!

... continuing Michaelmania all over the world...., they should also visit India, China....

...Brazil.

...and Madrid, Paris and London. At least. I hope they are that much prepared.

and Chile, please!!!!!!
they have been here before, I hope they will not forget about us!!!
(and by that, I mean they will not forget South America!! We exist!!! :eek:)

and Chile, please!!!!!!
they have been here before, I hope they will not forget about us!!!
(and by that, I mean they will not forget South America!! We exist!!! :eek:)
I'll be very sad if Brazil stay out. :(

I will pray that they will. :angel:

:wild: :punk:

Just got off the phone to my source at Sony (who is good friends with many people at MJ's estate....one person in particular who helped orchestrate the cirque deal). And I am told the initial talks regarding the North American tour involved the following cities being mentioned:

CANADA:
-Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, Winnipeg, Saskatoon/Regina

US:
-LA, Sacramento, New York, Washington, Chicago, Orlando, Houston, Atlanta, Boston, Seattle, St. Louis, Vegas (permanent)

Globally, the countries that were mentioned in the tour talks include:
-France (Paris)
-UK (London)
-Italy (Rome)
-Spain (Madrid)
-Germany (Berlin)
-Munic
-Netherlands (Amsterdam)
-Russia (Moscow)
-Hong Kong
-Japan (Tokyo)
-Australia (Sydney)
-Brazil (Brasilia)
-Argentina (Buenos Aires)
-Mexico (Mexico City)

Last edited:

YAY! I'll have to fly over to Sydney woo! So will this tour hit Australia probably 2012 or later true? Damm wish it were sooner! :p

Just got off the phone to my source at Sony (who is good friends with many people at MJ's estate....one person in particular who helped orchestrate the cirque deal). And I am told the initial talks regarding the North American tour involved the following cities being mentioned:

CANADA:

US:
-LA, Sacramento, New York, Washington, Chicago, Orlando, Houston, Atlanta, Boston, Seatle, St. Louis, Vegas (permanent)

-France (Paris)
-UK (London)
-Italy (Rome)
-Spain (Madrid)
-Germany (Berlin)
-Munic
-Netherlands (Amsterdam)
-Russia (Moscow)
-Hong Kong
-Japan (Tokyo)
-Australia (Sydney)
-Brazil (Brasilia)
-Mexico (Mexico City)

Yessssssssss...2 of my cities are there.

Now, just add Fort Lauderdale and I am gonna be happy.

Question; You know when they say they will have permanent shows in Vegas... How long does that mean? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

^however long the demand is there. I am also told the Canada and US tour will start November 2011 and run through October 2012. Then beginning December 2012, the tour moves overseas and will tour through 2014.

Question; You know when they say they will have permanent shows in Vegas... How long does that mean? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

probably it will stay as long as there's interest towards the show.

Mystère has been in permanent residence since 1993 (17 years and still going on)
O has been in permanent residence since 1998 (12 years and still going on).
Alegría toured for 15 years before they retired it.

probably it will stay as long as there's interest towards the show.

Mystère has been in permanent residence since 1993 (17 years and still going on)
O has been in permanent residence since 1998 (12 years and still going on).
Alegría toured for 15 years before they retired it.

these shows were amazing.

I have really high hope for MJ's shows.

I'm only nervous about getting tickets..it is already hard getting regular Cirque tickets. Add MJ to the mix....that's making me a bit nervous.

Last edited:

CANADA:

US:
-LA, Sacramento, New York, Washington, Chicago, Orlando, Houston, Atlanta, Boston, Seattle, St. Louis, Vegas (permanent)

-France (Paris)
-UK (London)
-Italy (Rome)
-Spain (Madrid)
-Germany (Berlin)
-Munic
-Netherlands (Amsterdam)
-Russia (Moscow)
-Hong Kong
-Japan (Tokyo)
-Australia (Sydney)
-Brazil (Brasilia)
-Mexico (Mexico City)

BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure that's Brasilia?

Brasilia is the capital of Brazil and a very important city but is not as big as São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, and Porto Alegre.

Anyway, great news.

BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure that's Brasilia?

Brasilia is the capital of Brazil and a very important city but is not as big as São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, and Porto Alegre.

Anyway, great news.

Brazil, Mexico, Buenos Aires.... and not Chile??????? :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed
This is insane, they have to come here!! Last time they came, they spent 3 times the time they had initially planned, it was a national event, a major success!!!! They stayed in Chile for some 2-3 months, we love them!!! They can't do this to us, is not fair :doh:

please, please... they have to come here!!!! would you tell this to your contacts... please!! :( Ok... I might be overreacting, since the show has been done, but anyway... such bad news for us in Chile... no fair :no:

CANADA:

US:

-France (Paris)
-UK (London)
-Italy (Rome)
-Spain (Madrid)
-Germany (Berlin)
-Munic
-Netherlands (Amsterdam)
-Russia (Moscow)
-Hong Kong
-Japan (Tokyo)
-Australia (Sydney)
-Brazil (Brasilia)
-Mexico (Mexico City)

YAAY there coming to my city in Sacramento: ) this is so exciting: )

I'm so glad the US market isn't being ignored anymore.

CANADA:

US:

-France (Paris)
-UK (London)
-Italy (Rome)
-Spain (Madrid)
-Germany (Berlin)
-Munic
-Netherlands (Amsterdam)
-Russia (Moscow)
-Hong Kong
-Japan (Tokyo)
-Australia (Sydney)
-Brazil (Brasilia)
-Mexico (Mexico City)

Ooooh thanks a bunch! Can't wait for it to come to London :D:D:D

CANADA:

US:

-France (Paris)
-UK (London)
-Italy (Rome)
-Spain (Madrid)
-Germany (Berlin)
-Munic
-Netherlands (Amsterdam)
-Russia (Moscow)
-Hong Kong
-Japan (Tokyo)
-Australia (Sydney)
-Brazil (Brasilia)
-Mexico (Mexico City)
Thanks!

There's a few cities I could go to watch it in Europe but I'm still thinking if I shoud go to Vegas in stead..

This isn't the confirmed list. That hasn't even been made up yet. This is just what Cirque and the state discussed when making the deal. It was all verbal. They still need to look into it further and see what markets would yield a success. Most of it will be based on MJ's popularity in that country. The North American tour is starting in the fall of 2011 and will run through to the fall of 2012. They will visit cities in Canada and the US. The reality show will start in January of 2011 I'm told. Taping for the reality show will begin late this summer after official approval which will be coming soon.

After the North American tour ends in fall 2012, the crew will branch overseas in late 2012 but most likely early 2013 for a 3 year event which will travel to over 25 different countries around the world including the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Russia, Australia, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, and many other nations.

This isn't the confirmed list. That hasn't even been made up yet. This is just what Cirque and the state discussed when making the deal. It was all verbal. They still need to look into it further and see what markets would yield a success. Most of it will be based on MJ's popularity in that country. The North American tour is starting in the fall of 2011 and will run through to the fall of 2012. They will visit cities in Canada and the US. The reality show will start in January of 2011 I'm told. Taping for the reality show will begin late this summer after official approval which will be coming soon.

After the North American tour ends in fall 2012, the crew will branch overseas in late 2012 but most likely early 2013 for a 3 year event which will travel to over 25 different countries around the world including the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Russia, Australia, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, and many other nations.

Whatever!!! If they don't come to Chile they will be doing a big mistake!!! They sold out all their shows and spent months here, show after show and people even asked for more!! Madonna got 160,000+ fans in Chile (in a country of 16 millions) and they still think we are a "minor" market :doh::doh:

They should come.
They must come!!!

:cry:

Back