Michael Jackson Estate Signs Huge Deal With Cirque du Soleil! Update p20 [Merged]

Re: Michael Jackson Estate Signs Huge Deal With Cirque du Soleil! ALL THREADS

I have my fingers crossed that it comes to London!!!! :D

Would be an awesome birthday present, a trip to see Cirque de Soleil!

Just got off the phone to my source at Sony (who is good friends with many people at MJ's estate....one person in particular who helped orchestrate the cirque deal). And I am told the initial talks regarding the North American tour involved the following cities being mentioned:

CANADA:
-Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, Winnipeg, Saskatoon/Regina

US:
-LA, Sacramento, New York, Washington, Chicago, Orlando, Houston, Atlanta, Boston, Seattle, St. Louis, Vegas (permanent)

Globally, the countries that were mentioned in the tour talks include:
-France (Paris)
-UK (London)
-Italy (Rome)
-Spain (Madrid)
-Germany (Berlin)
-Munic
-Netherlands (Amsterdam)
-Russia (Moscow)
-Hong Kong
-Japan (Tokyo)
-Australia (Sydney)
-Brazil (Brasilia)
-Argentina (Buenos Aires)
-Mexico (Mexico City)

Thanks for that. :)

But Brasilia? lol! :doh: Strange. :scratch:Well, not really matter to me in which city will be. If we really come to Brazil, I'll be there. :wild:

I'm so glad the US market isn't being ignored anymore.

wowowwww... I wish we could say the same about South America.
We are ALWAYS ignored :(
not to mention our friends in Africa, Middle East or most countries of Asia.
Really, dear, the USA have it VERY easy when it comes to this kind of things. Glad for you, hope you will enjoy it this time!!! :cheers:

Just in sydney....why not melbourne!!? :(

Really, dear, the USA have it VERY easy when it comes to this kind of things. Glad for you, hope you will enjoy it this time!!! :cheers:
Thanks. And i'm sorry you guys in South America and Africa and the Asia countries are continuing to be ignored. Hopefully you guys will get to be apart of all these upcoming projects.

These folks that are making these decisions have to know there is so much more money to be made in these other countries.

:( It must really suck for you guys. I really count my blessings that I only live 2 hours away from London. Hopefully you guys will be heard someday.

This isn't the confirmed list. That hasn't even been made up yet. This is just what Cirque and the state discussed when making the deal. It was all verbal. They still need to look into it further and see what markets would yield a success. Most of it will be based on MJ's popularity in that country. The North American tour is starting in the fall of 2011 and will run through to the fall of 2012. They will visit cities in Canada and the US. The reality show will start in January of 2011 I'm told. Taping for the reality show will begin late this summer after official approval which will be coming soon.

After the North American tour ends in fall 2012, the crew will branch overseas in late 2012 but most likely early 2013 for a 3 year event which will travel to over 25 different countries around the world including the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Russia, Australia, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, and many other nations.
What is this reality show? Can you tell anything about it?

At least there's 3 cities of South America in the list that smooth posted :) Of course they can't go to every single country in the world but I get what you mean :) And you know the list can still change.

Just in sydney....why not melbourne!!? :(
Don't worry hun, Sydney is only an hour by plane from Melb... I fly over all the time for work :) I would prefer to go watch it at the Sydney Opera house anyway. But damm by the time this tour hits Australia... its soooo far away still!

that's a very good news!

^ Remember, the list I posted is only form verbal talks. More cities and countries will be added to the final list so don't panic just yet.

Don't worry hun, Sydney is only an hour by plane from Melb... I fly over all the time for work :) I would prefer to go watch it at the Sydney Opera house anyway. But damm by the time this tour hits Australia... its soooo far away still!

I wouldnt be able to go to sydney though :(

I wouldnt be able to go to sydney though :(

Why not? Are you under age or a student or something? If your under 18 beg you mum to take you! lol If your a student, just save... You've got plenty of time anyway! Like till literally after 2013! lol Flights to Sydney are cheap if you go with Tiger :)

BAY AREA!!!

-Dal

MJ's Cirque Show -- The Elvis Connection

Originally posted 21 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
0430-mj-cirque-getty-ex-01-credit.jpg
Some serious progress is being made on the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil project -- TMZ has learned two Executive Producers have been selected ... and one of 'em has a tie with Elvis.

The powers that be at Cirque have tapped one guy to run the permanent Vegas show and another guy to E.P. the traveling arena show.

The guy in charge of the tour is Charles Joron -- the same dude who oversaw that awesome Elvis-themed Cirque du Soleil show.

As we first reported, the tour will begin in the Fall of 2011 and travel throughout North America.

^Elvis' show had very mixed reviews (i read more bad reviews on the Elvis' show than any other Cirque's shows)...so I am a bit nervous about them using anyone connected to that show.

But I have faith in MJ's music

Last edited:

I wasn't happy with the Elvis connection either. Everything Elvis has always been tacky! With Michael, its about great art, great entertainment. He is the King of it and needs the best. I don't want any tacky Elvis jobs!

I did not like the Elvis connection.

I saw some videos of "Viva Elvis" and they are not as good as the Beatles.

But we can not compare the material/music/legend of Elvis with the material/music/legend of the Beatles and Michael Jackson.

With all due respect to Elvis fans, there is no comparison.

^Elvis' show had very mixed reviews (i read more bad reviews on the Elvis' show than any other Cirque's shows)...so I am a bit nervous about them using anyone connected to that show.

I feel the same way.

What you said in the last sentence. No disrespect to Elvis, but Michael's music is better, fresher, more timeless and a lot more diverse, so they will have a very good basis in the music. From then on they can only ruin it, but hopefully they won't.

What you said in the last sentence. No disrespect to Elvis, but Michael's music is better, fresher, more timeless and a lot more diverse, so they will have a very good basis in the music. From then on they can only ruin it, but hopefully they won't.

Exactly. When you think about it, how much could they have really done with Elvis? There is not much to play with... MJ on the other hand, they have an entertainment King on their hands! There isn't anything Michael has left out, there are a million things they could do based on Michael Jackson! Just his glove and is moonwalk is enough to excite the people! lol

Yeah but still not happy about the Elvis link. lol

^ Yeah they do it on purpose. They are so pathetic.

Btw, wow I'm so memorized by Michael's dance moves in your sig! He is literally defining gravity and dancing in the air! He was so amazing x

Who picks these photos? :doh:

TMZ. They do it deliberatly as they know it riles MJ fans up, so they go on their website to compllain on their commenst section so they get more hits.

TMZ. They do it deliberatly as they know it riles MJ fans up, so they go on their website to compllain on their commenst section so they get more hits.

Am I crazy, I don't see anything wrong with that particular picture.

Bolded part= very true. From time to time, they do select the most random & unflattering pictures of MJ.

Am I crazy, I don't see anything wrong with that particular picture.

Bolded part= very true. From time to time, they do select the most random & unflattering pictures of MJ.

There isn't anything wrong with it per se, it's just weird to be chosen for a story like this. I know they like to use unflattering ones because they're a bunch of :censored:, but it just stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

Back