Michael Jackson Estate Signs Huge Deal With Cirque du Soleil! Update p20 [Merged]

Re: Michael Jackson Estate Signs Huge Deal With Cirque du Soleil! ALL THREADS

This is great news! I can't wait to see it.

i think that thing about his father was that he doesn't like the idea of his son being compared to a circus. but then, perhaps the talboid worded it in a way that was deliberately meant to offend Michael's father.

Yes, I think you are right. Certainly the way it was written was nasty.

i think that thing about his father was that he doesn't like the idea of his son being compared to a circus. but then, perhaps the talboid worded it in a way that was deliberately meant to offend Michael's father.

Just cleaned the thread which is a shame as it was such a positive thread. It has now been cleaned and lets keep it at the tone it was before. This is a great move, we do not need to bring up bad blood about Sony in here. They're not even involved with this.

Also I have noticed a lot of filter dodging. Do not try and dodge the filter.

I hate to be negative but wow tuesday night on E!'s "Chelsea Lately" chelsea and these other 3 comics were saying such stupid shit that was cruel, disgusting and hurtful about mj when discussing this story....

I hate to be negative but wow tuesday night on E!'s "Chelsea Lately" chelsea and these other 3 comics were saying such stupid shit that was cruel, disgusting and hurtful about mj when discussing this story....

don't mind them they are harmless...they are a non-problem...if you need to make fun of such an easy target like MJ you're kinda desperate to begin with..I appreciate heavy satire no matter what,they are supposed to be offensive but at least some of them are!
Those "comics" there wouldn't offend a dead hamster....try harder losers!

don't mind them they are harmless...they are a non-problem...if you need to make fun of such an easy target like MJ you're kinda desperate to begin with..I appreciate heavy satire no matter what,they are supposed to be offensive but at least some of them are!
Those "comics" there wouldn't offend a dead hamster....try harder losers!
Gonna have to disagree with you cus joel mchale, jon stewart and stephen colbert were funny yet respectful so that's more of a choice to be that way they don't have to be that way. It's a shame that's what passes for "satire" these days is spitting on someone's grave and sorry but clearly they don't know the meaning of "showing respect for the dead." I don't buy what you're saying cus they have the power to censor themselves. You don't seem to grasp how lame and meaningless those excuses of being an asshole have become......... I'm sick of the whole "He's gone and can't hear it anymore" "I'm just being real" or "I know it's mean even if it is the truth" Sorry again i'm fed up with these excuses for being an asshole. They're not gonna work anymore let alone mean a damn thing to me.

Last edited:

Gonna have to disagree with you cus joel mchale, jon stewart and stephen colbert were funny yet respectful so that's more of a choice to be that way they don't have to be that way. It's a shame that's what passes for "satire" these days is spitting on someone's grave and sorry but clearly they don't know the meaning of "showing respect for the dead." I don't buy what you're saying cus they have the power to censor themselves. You don't seem to grasp how lame and meaningless those excuses of being an asshole have become......... I'm sick of the whole "He's gone and can't hear it anymore" "I'm just being real" or "I know it's mean even if it is the truth" Sorry again i'm fed up with these excuses for being an asshole. They're not gonna work anymore let alone mean a damn thing to me.

i understand what you're staying majority of these media people are close minded with ignorance and that not a healthy or happy way to leave just focusing on gossip and rumors 24/7 i mean just by doing that they are letting life passed them by instead of doing something positive or productive that will last in people hearts

I try not to give them what they need,in this case the more you complain the more power you give them.All the little haters like them has disappeared from the face of earth,instead the person they are making fun of will be remembered in 200 years from now and more.Let's not waste out time with them.Let's stay positive here!
I don't think one single person attending the cirque du soleil show will be affected in any way by a bunch of irrelevant haters or drama queens or trolls!

This show will be a blast,just like the Beatles and Elvis ones,and I'm pretty sure they'll try to outdo the previous ones.Elvis and MJ has been victims of parodies and tasteless jokes and haters for forever but there they are ,and they'll remain forever kings.
It's a relieve the show is gonna tour the world,maybe mid 2012 or end of it they'll show up in Europe as well.

But you can't expect that people are gonna ignore everything or let these people get away with their remarks so we just stay quiet about and hope they stop?

Still making fun of a dead guy, huh?
Real classy.

*excited*

Wow it would be awesome for sure! I can't wait. :D

Just cleaned the thread which is a shame as it was such a positive thread. It has now been cleaned and lets keep it at the tone it was before. This is a great move, we do not need to bring up bad blood about Sony in here. They're not even involved with this.

Also I have noticed a lot of filter dodging. Do not try and dodge the filter.

Thank you!!

But you can't expect that people are gonna ignore everything or let these people get away with their remarks so we just stay quiet about and hope they stop?

I think you are giving these ppl more credit than they deserve. Who are they anyway? A bunch of losers that's who? Unfortunately there are going to be haters and ppl who are going to use MJ to get ratings or attention to themselves. I've seen that show a couple of times (for a few minutes) and the whole premise of the show is the dirtier and cynical the better.

Are you going to let those losers foul up your mood an overshadow this amazing announcement? They are probably angrier than ever that MJ is involved in this incredible project - haters are hating him probably more now. So what- MJ is the biggest entertainer in the history of the world - what are they????

"We came to an agreement with Michael Jackson's estate to create and produce two shows," Cirque du Soleil President and Chief Executive Officer Daniel Lamarre revealed to MTV News. "One show is going to be an arena show at the end of 2011 and will tour for one year in North America and then tour around the world for many years to come. At the end of 2012, we'll also open a permanent show in Las Vegas."

"I think we can use some 3-D technologies and hologram technologies to allow people to see Michael Jackson onstage," he said of Cirque's intriguing idea to put Michael alongside the living, breathing Cirque performers. "If you are an MJ fan, you want to see him, and we have to find the best, most innovative way to bring Michael onstage."

:wild: :wild: :wild: I hope they come to Miami; I'll definitely be going to see it. This was all really interesting and exciting to read about but after I saw the trailer...:sigh: I don't mean it sucked. It was cool, but it had me thinking again about Michael being here. I'm also glad they used Dangerous tour footage.

Yep...Joe always the classy guy.
:no:

Wait until fall 2011, when he will be charging fans 1000$ a pop to see the show in his company.

:rofl: I'll remember this.

Could be. They might have worded it a certain way too when they approached him.

May have already been posted...

Thanks for that video, MsMo. I hadn't seen it.

Cirque de Soleil is answering questions from Michael Jackson fans on twitter:
http://twitter.com/Cirque

Visit the website:
http://promo-www.cirquedusoleil.com/michael-jackson/en/index.html

cirque.jpg

This raises a few questions:
1. Doesn't Sony own all of the rehearsal footage now? (they paid millions for it)
2. There were full dress rehearsals that exist that weren't shown in the film, but now can be used for this?
3. If there weren't full dress rehearsals, why would they show unfinished "rehearsal" footage when Cirque Du Soleil wants to put on a show to MJ's expectations?

What is this footage Cirque Du Soleil was looking at, and who was showing it to them?

Visit the website:

1. Doesn't Sony own all of the rehearsal footage now? (they paid millions for it)
2. There were full dress rehearsals that exist that weren't shown in the film, but now can be used for this?
3. If there weren't full dress rehearsals, why would they show unfinished "rehearsal" footage when Cirque Du Soleil wants to put on a show to MJ's expectations?

What is this footage Cirque Du Soleil was looking at, and who was showing it to them?

Let us know what you find out if they reply.

May have already been posted...

thanks for the video!
can't wait to see what they'll come up with.
I'm glad they'll use TII as a source of inspiration also.They have plenty of style inputs not only musically but MJ fashion style has constantly evolved till the very end.

Visit the website:

cirque.jpg

I'm glad to hear there won't be any impersonators.

Visit the website:

cirque.jpg

There was no full dress rehearsals, its hard to believe there was even partial dress rehearsals, the words dress rehearsals floated about just after MJs death, they might just be refering to some of the songs which had some dress rehearsal elements, as for full dress rehearsals the dancers ran some but if Michael did any dress rehearsals, even in private would be amazing to see

Randy Phillips stated that there was a full dress rehearsal. With Mike or not we dont know but I assume not. Remember we only saw 2hrs out of 80-100hrs of footage so there could have been some dress rehearsals with the crew at any point.

Didn't Randy Phillips say that full dress rehearsals were meant to start as soon as they reached London at the o2 though?

Randy Phillips stated that there was a full dress rehearsal. With Mike or not we dont know but I assume not. Remember we only saw 2hrs out of 80-100hrs of footage so there could have been some dress rehearsals with the crew at any point.

The dress rehearsal was a Band/Dancers dress rehearsal on the 22nd, no Michael

Didn't Randy Phillips say that full dress rehearsals were meant to start as soon as they reached London at the o2 though?

Maybe with Michael yes but surely the crew had done a full dress rehearsal at some point at either Staples or before at the Center Stage.

The dress rehearsal was a Band/Dancers dress rehearsal on the 22nd, no Michael

Thats what I was just told as well. Thank you.

Michael would have insisted on not having a dress rehearsal until near to showtime, it was always his way, the Dancers were in dress on 22nd but not in dress for the following 2 days

Thats what I was just told as well. Thank you.

Yeah I have some info on the copyright for the photos taken that day, it states Musicians/Dancers as subject of photos for 22nd, I am not at home, its on my bookmarks, but you might be able to find it

Back